Home
On Easter Sunday, the data center where our server is located suffered:

A power surge, which caused
A power outage, which caused
Backup generators to deploy, which caused
A fire in one of the backup generators, which caused
Fire sprinklers to come on.
News from the datacenter was slim, except to tell us that they were awaiting a city inspector on Monday to approve turning the power back on.

Unfortunately, that bit of info caused us to stand by and wait for our current server to get turned back on, which we hoped would be imminently.

As it turns out, there was more water damage at the data center than originally let on, and this morning we received the message:

"Unfortunately, this server appears to be in the section with a high probability of water damage. So it will need to be physically inspected before it can be powered on.

I'm afraid that we do not have an ETA for repair at this time."

I sure wish I would have known that Sunday or Monday!

Anyway, with that news, we decided to put our contingency plans into effect immediately. The good news is that we have a safe backup. Since this morning's news, we have deployed a new dedicated server, and we are in the process of configuring it and loading the backup. That should take ~24hours. We will lose a few hours worth of data ... the period of time between the backup and the server crashing ... but at this point I have made the decision that we cannot wait any longer to be back online, especially in light of the not-so-encouraging ETA.

We thank you for your patience. The clock is now ticking on a (belated) quick return.

UPDATE: And just as soon as I ran my card on the new server, bam, we're back up at the old datacenter ... (so no data loss ... everyhting up until the moment the datacenter went down is preserved.)

Rick Bin
Welcome back, we missed you!!

Mike

I thought 24HRCF might have been “cancelled.”
Please ban all the Jews here, Mr. Bin. They caused this.

So glad we are back in action.

Thanks for the info
bet some of these guys were jonesing.
Thanks for the update. I bet the TN Mafia was getting lonely.

Them and the Highline Coalition
Thought maybe I was kicked off grin
Holy schit that was a rough wait!
Larry Root crowing about it was down due to a "pending lawsuit" regarding himself and Claiborne was obviously another of his far fetch LIES and a cry for attention! crazy
I knew if I attempted to upload my trophy elk kill pictures it would crash your site, and it did.
Alright, alright, alright!
Are the membership fees for the last three days going to be refunded?
Originally Posted by stxhunter
bet some of these guys were jonesing.

Half the people here paid for a telephonic appointment with their therapists, and were told to double up on their meds.
Welcome back..... had to go to some other sites for a few days....pretty blah compared to here lol.
I guess the "DT's" can start to heal! laugh
Gald your back
YEEHAW!
Glad you're back and well done. MB
Serious withdrawals here. Felt like I was going fuggin crazy. 🤣
Well that sucked. smile
Originally Posted by RickBin

News from the datacenter was slim, except to tell us that they were awaiting a city inspector on Monday to approve turning the power back on.

Unfortunately, that bit of info caused us to stand by and wait for our current server to get turned back on, which we hoped would be imminently.

As it turns out, there was more water damage at the data center than originally let on, and this morning we received the message:

"Unfortunately, this server appears to be in the section with a high probability of water damage. So it will need to be physically inspected before it can be powered on.

Anyway, with that news, we decided to put our contingency plans into effect immediately. The good news is that we have a safe backup. Since this morning's news, we have deployed a new dedicated server, and we are in the process of configuring it and loading the backup. That should take ~24hours. We will lose a few hours worth of data ... the period of time between the backup and the server crashing ... but at this point I have made the decision that we cannot wait any longer to be back online, especially in light of the not-so-encouraging ETA.

We thank you for your patience. The clock is now ticking on a (belated) quick return.

UPDATE: And just as soon as I ran my card on the new server, bam, we're back up at the old datacenter ... (so no data loss ... everyhting up until the moment the datacenter went down is preserved.)

Rick Bin

Is your BP coming down?
How many people on here we're locked in their safe room waiting for the Feds to raid??? Lol
Originally Posted by 700LH
Gald your back

No thanks. My back is fine as is! smile
It's all Flave's fault.
Nitro express was out at the same time, but is back now
Thanks for the update, Rick. I was worried maybe Big Tech decided to cancel you or something. Sorry to hear of that power surge and fire. I figured all that high tech computer server stuff would have some kind of surge protection, but my knowledge of that sort of stuff is near zero.
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry Root crowing about it was down due to a "pending lawsuit" regarding himself and Claiborne was obviously another of his far fetch LIES and a cry for attention! crazy

For the record: We are involved in zero, none, nada, zilch in terms of lawsuits. To be clear, that means as parties, witnesses, deponents, amicus freaking curiae - NOTHING! That is an unequivocal statement with no room for back-pedaling.

Whoever spread that load of horsesh!t that we were/are involved in ANY lawsuit is a damned liar.
Glad we're back up and running! smile

Thanks Rick!
If the "Flashing Envelope Icon" had been fixed, it probably wouldn't have happened....And until then it could happen again.........
Originally Posted by Remsen

LOL good one
Originally Posted by RUM7
How many people on here we're locked in their safe room waiting for the Feds to raid??? Lol

I believe Q had been predicting something big.

Hahahaha!

Thats why I have a picture of you on my nightstand.
Well, with all this time that I needed to kill, I found out I was still married and had a Happy Easter with our boys and our granddaughter. Hell, I even actually worked at my job. What a concept....... grin

I thought it was Miss Lynn?

Lol, I saw that thread.
I searched 24hr campfire down and found that thread.
Did that thread get nuked? I had it saved to show someone and it came up as does not exist.

Something must be going on in Mark Claiborne's (Safariman) personal life that he's not at all happy about now because after years of his Facebook page being viewable by the whole world he just recently changed it to viewing by his accepted friends only. Very much unlike him to not want the largest audience he can get.
I was afraid that the feds had located the secrete bunker where the Fire H.Q. was located and sent in Seal Team 6. Whew glad we dodged that one.

Rick Bin

Rick, look at the terms. You might be able to cancel that billing within a certain time period.
Thanks for the info!!!
I am sure glad a liberal feminist was not able to shut us down...... this cancel culture crap is getting a little to real.....

Us being non politically correct toxic males is in the crosshairs.... stay strong! smile
Thanks Rick. Best gun site on the net.
Glad your back Ric..

Dave
Glad you are back, really missed it.
Q said 10 days....

Originally Posted by Paul_M

Lol, I saw that thread.
I searched 24hr campfire down and found that thread.
Did that thread get nuked? I had it saved to show someone and it came up as does not exist.

Yes, it was nuked.
Campfire re-lit.....YAAAY

News from the datacenter was slim, except to tell us that they were awaiting a city inspector on Monday to approve turning the power back on.Rick Bin

I don't believe they told you the truth here.

First, generators are "outside", so any fire suppression system to extinguish a generator fire would go off "outside", not indoors where the servers are.

Next, fire suppression would be a Halon system for a generator, being fuel is involved, not a water sourced sprinkler system.
Everyone needs ta chip in and be a sweety.
Click on 10 ads per day for the next 7 days and help the BIN make up for lost revenue.
Those with secret squirrel ad block stuff need ta particafughingpate also.
Originally Posted by dale06

Me too! Glad you're back!
The real problem....

[Linked Image from media.makeameme.org]
You be careful about how to talk about my squirrel.

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]
Dam glad we're back! Felt like loading an old friend! Been losing to many of them lately.
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=24hr+campfire+down&ia=web

Evah damn body worried about this place!
Thanks Rick, glad to see it up and running again!
I had to take up talking to my wife...
There is hope once again.
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
I knew if I attempted to upload my trophy elk kill pictures it would crash your site, and it did.

Well we all know this is BS!!!

Welcome back. Not you Elklayer...
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I had to take up talking to my wife...

😂

Glad you’re back up Rick!
Thanks Rick.

On the bright side, my boss said my productivity numbers shot way up the last few days. whistle
WTF HAPPENED ???

Rick ain't stupid he already knows that!

Are you Polish?
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Thanks Rick. Best gun site on the net.

^^^This^^^. X 100 !
Originally Posted by Springcove

I.Q. = 12
Son of a bitch, long few days.
Thanks for your diligence Rick it is appreciated, and for the record I told Denny that log was to big but stubborn he is he put it on anyways!

And for the complete record Denny is Polish.........
Someone should sue larry root. Hint...

We were talking about being banned........

thought I got the axe
I was suffering withdrawal symptoms something awful.
A blog I read was part of the same server implosion, so I had a feeling that’s what was going on here. They’ve been back 2 days but on a very limited basis.

Glad to see everyone survived.
Originally Posted by ironbender
The real problem....

[Linked Image from media.makeameme.org]

I have cleaned up much worst but that's why I get the big bucks smile

Pretty sure the Polaroid of that one horned spike didn't blow up the servers.
In Mexico they cover everything with plastic tarps when it rains. It seldom rains so they just use the cheap labor to "cover"
Man, it's been terrible. I've had to yell at the kids to get off their cell phones in between hitting the "refresh" button for the Campfire.
I'll have to admit,

I missed nearly all you fuggers.

Rick Bin

Nice work, and thank YOU.

News from the datacenter was slim, except to tell us that they were awaiting a city inspector on Monday to approve turning the power back on.Rick Bin

First, generators are "outside", so any fire suppression system to extinguish a generator fire would go off "outside", not indoors where the servers are.

Next, fire suppression would be a Halon system for a generator, being fuel is involved, not a water sourced sprinkler system.

Wouldnt most electronic storage areas/ high voltage places be coded against a water based fire suppression system???

Water and electric dont mix sorta thing???

Grandfathered building???
Exempt from codes???
Thanks for your attempted quick find & fix.

However I suffered from withdrawal !! whistle grin
Glad things are back to normal.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Wouldnt most electronic storage areas/ high voltage places be coded against a water based fire suppression system???

Exempt from codes???

I doubt L.A. allows exemptions.
Thanks for the update.
I was lost without this place. Thank you for getting it back!
Thanks Rick!
Sorry for the capital outlay...
Maybe it was a "Glitch" like MTG keeps experiencing..
.24HCF is risen....
It was three days almost on the dot. Right?

Or having to buy a drink to take off your mask off on a plane....

On the bright side maybe you can leverage that additional capacity into some sort of shared redundancy plan..think options.(hopefully it is in a different geographic location)

I am just glad we have you looking out for us.

Keep up the good work!

I will have to admit.......20+ yrs on the Fire.............

Couldn't log in last week......hmmmmmmmmmmm

Did I pizz Rick off ?

Salty may have reported me ???

TinCock from the Basement get madd at me ?

My new Virus Protector block 24HR ? (good chance)

Too many pics of my neighbor girl ?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Glad the fire is back!
I thought you were de-platformed, Rick Bin.

Thank you for keeping this place alive.
Well done, Mr. Bin.
Must have taken the vaccine.

I thought 24HRCF might have been THE START OF THE COMING BLACKOUT
FIXT
Posted By: kingston Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Great to see the fire eternal!!!!

Good on you Rick Bin & Co.!!!
Rick, please, next year don't let Col Travis back on until after April. Just sayin.
Rick, I know there was probably expense involved.

If you need help with costs, let me know. I'm sure others would chip in as well.
Wheeeeeewwwww....

Withdrawal wasn't pretty.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just ask Nancy. smirk

Posted By: Bobmar Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Originally Posted by kingston
Great to see the fire eternal!!!!

Good on you Rick Bin & Co.!!!

I’ll second that!
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Sure g;ad we are back Rick! Thank you!
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

If you need help with costs, let me know. I'm sure others would chip in as well.

Not me. lol
Originally Posted by local_dirt
It's all Flave's fault.

Word.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21

This, and dont worry about my April pay check.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Exempt from codes???

Lol, and once again Elk shows his ignorance.

Below is a picture of some of the generators at one of the Equinix data centers. If you look very carefully at the ceiling you'll see a sprinkler system in place. Hint: it's the red pipe.

[Linked Image from sona-systems.com]

Below are the generators at the Sentinal Data Center. Hint again it the red pipe.

Glad it’s back going. Thanks Rick!

I haven’t been outside since it went down. Thought this was *it*.

Filling sand bags. Sharpening my machete.

Bathtub full of water.

Been living off Vienna sausage sammiches. And e-z cheese.

Exempt from codes???

Beleave it was in Utah.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Exempt from codes???

Below is a picture of some of the generators at one of the Equinix data centers. If you look very carefully at the ceiling you'll see a sprinkler system in place. Hint: it's the red pipe.

Below are the generators at the Sentinal Data Center. Hint again it the red pipe.

Hey idiot, the generators are "outside" the server room, like I stated.

Thanks for making a laughing fool out of yourself.

You're so freaking stupid, and wanted so bad to make me look bad, you thought I said "outdoors" when I said "outside".

Like I said, you're an idiot.

Thanks, once again, for the free entertainment.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21

Exempt from codes???

Yeah, something about hair driers, bathtubs, and life insurance.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21

Exempt from codes???

Hey idiot, the generators are "outside" the server room, like I stated.

Thanks for making a laughing fool out of yourself.

You're so freaking stupid, and wanted so bad to make me look bad, you thought I said "outdoors" when I said "outside".

Like I said, you're an idiot.

Thanks, once again, for the free entertainment.

Like I said Ignorant.
Now this fugking retard is an expert in fire suppression systems. We here at the fire are so lucky to have this Cockwomble with us...
Now this fugking retard is an expert in fire suppression systems. We here at the fire are so lucky to have this Cockwomble with us...

Don't be jealous because you lost the I.Q. lottery.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Glad it’s back going. Thanks Rick!

I haven’t been outside since it went down. Thought this was *it*.

Filling sand bags. Sharpening my machete.

Bathtub full of water.

Been living off Vienna sausage sammiches. And e-z cheese.

Note to self:

Don't go into a small room with BigDave for the next month........
Glad to see you running again. Thanks Rick.

It's just ignorance and little dick syndrome colliding, don't be so hard on him.......No pun intended.

You bet Cockwomble.
Trumps fault!

I think Rick cancelled his charge card, like I suggested, and that's why the site went dead for a little while again right after I mentioned it, until they could get the addy pointed back towards the original server, being the data center came back online.

You bet Cockwomble.

Hey smokepole, I see you like talking about cock, no matter what sock puppet you are signed in on.
Posted By: WayneShaw Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Rick, thank you for your efforts to get this place back up and running! Very happy to see it load instead of the "we'll be back soon" thing.

It's just ignorance and little dick syndrome colliding, don't be so hard on him.......No pun intended.

LMAO.......made yourself look like a fool, and you continue on with more......and I don't even have to pay a cable bill to get to laugh at you.
Thank you, Mr. Rick, for your diligence in getting the 'fire up and running again.
I don't know what we'd do without you!
Posted By: Daverageguy Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Ahhh thanks Rick!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Thank you Rick!
Posted By: Springcove Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21

You bet Cockwomble.

Hey smokepole, I see you like talking about cock, no matter what sock puppet you are signed in on.

Wrong again stupid. I don’t even know Smokepole. Nice try though. Why don’t you try to hit a persimmon driver 300 yards with a golf ball you lying sack of crap.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx

This, and dont worry about my April pay check.

Yep ....
I suppose I can forgo my weekly box of rem thunderturds for my silent mod pay I geuss for 2 weeks.

Rick Bin

THANKS RICK!!! YOUR HARD WORK IS APPRECIATED!!!
Posted By: kingston Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Of all the people that I reached out to during this crisis, Renegade50 is the only one to not respond.
Iast time I had a power spike I lost my toaster.Oh the pain and suffering.Welcome back grin
Of all the people that I reached out to during this crisis, Renegade50 is the only one to not respond.

Lol, You have instilled the fear of Barry in that man!!

I been turkey hunting Zippy.
Not tweaking over the fire being down...
Lol!!!
I read your stuff man..
Lol!!!

Heading out in the morning again.

#Imgivingup2weeksofthunderturdsilentmodpaycauseofthis🤬🤬😄

You bet Cockwomble.

Wrong again stupid. I don’t even know Smokepole. Nice try though. Why don’t you try to hit a persimmon driver 300 yards with a golf ball you lying sack of crap.

See, you lied right there, just like smokee. Everyone knows smokee. How can you say you don't know a longtime member on a site, you liar? Now I know it's you, smokee, you dumb sombitch.

I was hitting balata golf balls 300+ with a persimmon driver before you were born.

JFC....
He gave dude a fughing split tail for april fools for gawds sakes...

#nothingIMObeatsjurrasicparkanyways

LOL!!!!
Definitely missed the comedy.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21

You bet Cockwomble.

See, you lied right there, just like smokee. Everyone knows smokee. How can you say you don't know a longtime member on a site, you liar? Now I know it's you, smokee, you dumb sombitch.

I was hitting balata golf balls 300+ with a persimmon driver before you were born.

Wrong again stupid. I know of him on this site. I don’t actually know him personally you fugking retard. You’re a liar about golf and elk hunting , etc.

Keep trying though we’re all still laughing AT you.
Thanks Rick. Glad we’re back.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/07/21
Thanks Rick, blessings your way.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

You bet Cockwomble.

Wrong again stupid. I know of him on this site. I don’t actually know him personally you fugking retard. You’re a liar about golf and elk hunting , etc.

Keep trying though we’re all still laughing AT you.

Sure is funny how not one single person on this site has ever pointedly quoted a post of mine, and specifically pointed out where I was wrong.

Of course, you, being on the extreme left side of the bell curve, eliminates you from ever having close to the ability in doing such.

Prove me wrong you dumb sombitch. Go find where I was 100% wrong.
Posted By: kingston Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

Lol!!!
I read your stuff man..
Lol!!!

Yet during non-quasi-emergencies you seem to find plenty of time to post while turkey hunting.

I don't want read too much into this, but damn, I even sent puppy pics.
What did the dickweasel cockwombles 😆 do for entertainment during the outage?

JFC....

LOL!!!!

Note 2 Self: Renny will only respond to BBC pics.*

*Don't expect a response if you send puppy pics.

...not one single person on this site has ever pointedly quoted a post of mine, and specifically pointed out where I was wrong.

That's not true.
its been a RoUgH three days!!!!! It got so bad i had to make conversation with the wife
Posted By: KC Re: WTH HAPPENED? I'll Tell You ... - 04/08/21

Rick:

Welcome back. Glad to see that everything survived. I was afraid that the liberal government had shut down this conservative site. Glad to see that my worst fears were not realised.

KC
More time for John Wayne, "B", movies.

...not one single person on this site has ever pointedly quoted a post of mine, and specifically pointed out where I was wrong.

That's not true.

Sorry I couldn’t stop laughing so I could respond to that post...

That's not true.

Typical democrat......lie until the lie becomes truth. Not surprised coming from you.
I bet everyone who had money in the pipeline was freaking the hell out when this happened.

Quoted because it's funny as hell.

And not true.

😂
Posted By: TXLoader Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
Thanks, Rick, for getting things back running ASAP.

Odd coincidence that once you made good on your word to get the back-up going, they "just happen" to get the original up and going without the ETA nonsense.

And I don't believe in coincidences, either.

Keep up the efforts to provide the best outdoors forum I've come across.
Posted By: Switch Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
THANK YOU!
Thanks Rick . Glad it's still burning .
Originally Posted by goalie

And not true.

Quoted because it's funny as hell watching idiots make accusations with absolutely zero proof.

How many people have you killed already by giving them CV-19 shots?

For the record: We are involved in zero, none, nada, zilch in terms of lawsuits. To be clear, that means as parties, witnesses, deponents, amicus freaking curiae - NOTHING! That is an unequivocal statement with no room for back-pedaling.

Whoever spread that load of horsesh!t that we were/are involved in ANY lawsuit is a damned liar.

So, what you're saying is that the shutdown was the result of Miss Lynn's lawsuit?

And not true.

Quoted because it's funny as hell watching idiots make accusations with absolutely zero proof.

All the proof I need is you declining my wager. All hat, no cattle. Just like Tootsie

And, zero. I got certified to administer all three vaccines due to work requirements. I never picked up any vaccine clinic OT, and haven't given any shots.

JFC....

LOL!!!!

It does seem to be true........Who am I to judge?
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

There are lots of "indoor" generator installations with exhaust vented to outdoors. Most likely would be a separate room from servers, but fire alarms in simple sprinkler system can set off deluge in entire building.

Halon hasn't been manufactured since 1994. Supply is limited and decreasing - so expensive. Nobody specs new halon systems unless its a ridiculously sensitive area and they want to spend big bucks. Typical commercial server farms ain't gonna pony up the money. There are other "clean chemical" halon alternatives, but even when an area has a chemical system there is usually a backup water system since chemical systems have limited capacity and stop working when chemicals run out!!

That's not true.

LMBWAO!!

Wholie Schit! Did he just really say that?

He might even be more Narcissistic than Larry Root.

And not true.

All the proof I need is you declining my wager. All hat, no cattle. Just like Tootsie

And, zero. I got certified to administer all three vaccines due to work requirements. I never picked up any vaccine clinic OT, and haven't given any shots.

I know your reading comprehension is strained, but listen cupcake, just because you "challenge" someone to prove what they say is the truth, doesn't mean they need to waste their time proving anything, especially to a mentally sick cyber troll like you.

Lol!!!
I read your stuff man..
Lol!!!

Yet during non-quasi-emergencies you seem to find plenty of time to post while turkey hunting.

I don't want read too much into this, but damn, I even sent puppy pics.

Running and gunning is a way different game
than sitting during lonely time after hens have gone to nest or watching a field around fly down or they are in one bugging.

I seen the pup pics on here.
And the txt.

Looked like my lab Sonya when she was a pup.

Sonya total fail as a duck dog.

Wanted to swim to opposite shore across Tn river to paris landing on both of her only " retrieves".
Energizer bunny kept going and going and going
Twice.....
Kinda glad she didnt turn out to be a good duck dog looking back on it and I didnt get sucked down that black hole.

Family dog.
Sweet dog
Think she had doggy downes, her eyes little closer than normal compared to other labs.

0 retention in simplest of commands her entire life.
But happy go lucky and a pleasant dog that didnt have any bad behavioral problems.
But a good 1st family dog for my 3 daughters when they were growing up.

Buried out in the front yard with Cookie, Rico, and Sweetheart.

JFC....

LOL!!!!

It does seem to be true........Who am I to judge?

Fugging Jackwagons......

LOL!!!
What did the dickweasel cockwombles 😆 do for entertainment during the outage?

A buddy and I put in this road and pad over Easter weekend.

Thanks for asking. blush grin

And not true.

Please post some more pictures of yourself. Your ego seems to be sputtering just a little.

I recall it being written by yourself as “all cattle, no hat”.
Posted By: lostsixgunner Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
Sure missed all this entertainment over the last three days. Thanks Rick!

[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

I thought we got shut down...
One thing that didn't happen, that BS ad in the upper right corner didn't go away!
Originally Posted by kolofardos

So, what you're saying is that the shutdown was the result of Miss Lynn's lawsuit?

That’s what I’m thinking... and fireballs must of had a hand in this somehow
Originally Posted by MikeL2

There are lots of "indoor" generator installations with exhaust vented to outdoors. Most likely would be a separate room from servers, but fire alarms in simple sprinkler system can set off deluge in entire building.

Whoever would design a fire system to go off in a room, where there is no fire to where it would ruin equipment unnecessarily is an idiot. Last time I looked, "zoning" has been used in all sorts of different parameters when it comes to circuitry, for, "decades".

Halon hasn't been manufactured since 1994. Supply is limited and decreasing - so expensive. Nobody specs new halon systems unless its a ridiculously sensitive area and they want to spend big bucks. Typical commercial server farms ain't gonna pony up the money. There are other "clean chemical" halon alternatives, but even when an area has a chemical system there is usually a backup water system since chemical systems have limited capacity and stop working when chemicals run out!!

Yeah, Montreal protocol, and there are alternatives.

Speaking of chemicals running out, you mean like a commercial kitchen hood fire suppression system, that doesn't have "water backup"?????????

A chemical fire suppression system is designed to have a tank with a large enough capacity to put the actual fire out, without backup, otherwise they wouldn't have different size tanks, now, would they?????

Where did I say the genset was "outdoors"?

That's not true.

LMBWAO!!

Wholie Schit! Did he just really say that?

He might even be more Narcissistic than Larry Root.

Just like two old ladies yipping, as they sit under the hair drier at the beauty salon to get their blue hair done once a week.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
I actually did some work at work for a couple of days.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

I thought maybe we had been “Parlered”
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I can't prove what elkslayer91 said is not true, so I post garbage.

I agree.
Posted By: batch Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
You were missed.

Pretty sure it was varmintguy pulling varmintshenanigans.
AAAALRIGHT!
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

Yep, me too. Good idea!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21

You bet Cockwomble.

LOL, good one Springs. I had to google it but it fits to a "T". Not only that, but right there on Webster's next to the definition, there's a photo of "elkslayer."

And here I was thinking his personality was his best method of birth control. Turns out, his looks are even better!
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
Originally Posted by smokepole

You bet Cockwomble.

LOL, good one Springs. I had to google it but it fits to a "T". Not only that, but right there on Webster's next to the definition, there's a photo of "elkslayer."

And here I was thinking his personality was his best method of birth control. Turns out, his looks are even better!

Smokepole quoting his sock puppet.

It doesn't get any better.
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Yep, me too. Good idea!

I think Rick should consider charging people for use of the 'Free Classifieds'. That and just call them 'Classifieds'.

Sniper's hide just announced that a paid membership is now required to use their PX.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! - 04/08/21
It was punishment for too many campfire heathens skipping church on Easter
What if...the "fire" was not an accident and was supposed to occur on March 31 of this year? Flave's April Fool's joke would have been epic had the timing worked out.

Whoever would design a fire system to go off in a room, where there is no fire to where it would ruin equipment unnecessarily is an idiot. Last time I looked, "zoning" has been used in all sorts of different parameters when it comes to circuitry, for, "decades".

Speaking of chemicals running out, you mean like a commercial kitchen hood fire suppression system, that doesn't have "water backup"?????????

A chemical fire suppression system is designed to have a tank with a large enough capacity to put the actual fire out, without backup, otherwise they wouldn't have different size tanks, now, would they?????

What the hell - I'm a little bored:
When you wrote "...not indoors..." what did you think that means?
Commercial kitchen hood has chem system - entire kitchen has water sprinkler system - so yes skippy, there is a water backup system.

And in typical Campfire procedures we have successfully dragged this off topic!
I'm just glad to see that the 'Fire is back up and running! Would be happy to renew fees or even contribute to the cause of keeping this site going.

Sure it does, cockwomble. How about this quote from Docrocket, you seem to have left out most of what he said in your sig line:

Originally Posted by DocRocket
I tried to warn ya about engaging with this loon... sheesh.

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior.......

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

The ego of this individual is truly grandiose. I note that s/he accused you (or maybe me, or someone else, I can't remember as I was just skimming) of gaslighting, which is of course a classic accusation of the person who is in fact actively gaslighting others. S/he thinks we are too stupid to see that s/he is doing it himself/herself.

What if...the "fire" was not an accident and was supposed to occur on March 31 of this year? Flave's April Fool's joke would have been epic had the timing worked out.

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
I figured the commie feds got Ricks server, I was waiting for a black amored vehicle to show up and send me to a camp for re-education.

Won't they don't know is I'm too dumb to educate, let alone re-educate laugh

Commercial kitchen hood has chem system - entire kitchen has water sprinkler system - so yes skippy, there is a water backup system.

It's real simple, skippy, indoors is where the servers are.
Outside is outside the room where the servers are.
Outdoors would be, "outdoors" and exposed to the environment, skippy.

I was pointing out a kitchen hood doesn't have backup, and you damn well know what I meant, and is why you are now bringing the whole kitchen into the equation. That is stupid, because if you want to go down that road, then you have to address the fact, the chemical fire suppression system for the hood is not "backup" for the kitchen, now, is it, skippy?
Rick, there’s only one person here that’s been on this site longer’n anyone else. That would be you 😎

I’ve only been on here 18 years.

Thanks for all you have done for all of us.

That's not true.

Well played.

Sure it does, cockwomble. How about this quote from Docrocket, you seem to have left out most of what he said in your sig line:

What you are trying to engage with here is a very unhappy and quite possibly psychiatrically ill person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence. Such persons abound. In an actual community of real people with real, face-to-face interactions, these people are brought up fairly sharply for their antisocial behavior, and they either learn to behave more politely or they are shunned. In the context of this forum, the individual is able to spew his vitriol all over the place without negative consequence to himself, so there is no hope of ending his foul behavior.......

This elkslayer91 person is not interested in discussing matters in this manner. His/her purpose is to browbeat, to insult, to attack ad hominem, and to declare himselfherself the "victor" in a contest that exists solely in his/her own mind.

The ego of this individual is truly grandiose. I note that s/he accused you (or maybe me, or someone else, I can't remember as I was just skimming) of gaslighting, which is of course a classic accusation of the person who is in fact actively gaslighting others. S/he thinks we are too stupid to see that s/he is doing it himself/herself.

Oh look, ole smokee is all upset I exposed one of his sock puppet accounts, so he has to make an attempt to shame me. ROFLMAO.

Hey smokee, sure is funny how you're using your sock puppets verbiage now, cockwomble.

Boy if you're not wanting to discuss "young guys" in the elk forum, you're wanting to discuss cock in the general forum.

You just luv your cocks don't you?

Hey smokee, at least old doc had a few brain cells to acknowledge I have a few brain cells, unlike you, who is a complete dumbazz, as others have pointedly noted, as well as the fact you're mentally sick:

Originally Posted by AcesNeights
You can use partial quotes and take statements out of context all you want (typical liberal reaction) but it makes you look stupid. You have become more and more argumentative for no good reason, not just this thread but many of the ones you insert yourself in. I don’t know if loneliness and old age is your excuse but either way you just come across as a washed up old crank that gets off on picking internet arguments because you lack excitement in your elderly life. Keep on keeping on champ....you’re always good for a laugh at your own expense.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hunter-mauled-guide-missing#Post13139320
what I did Sunday, don't feel like uploading all the pics.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10216548420777543&set=pcb.10216548421057550

Bout sums it up.
I figured you forgot the pay the light bill.... grin
Heckuva job to Mr. Bin - more often than not these server deals can kill a site. Glad it’s handled.

That's not true.

Well played.

Is it not beautiful how these closet democrats form a pack, but can't deliver with proof.

Yessir, just like a bunch of gossiping biathches standing around talking, but not saying a damn thing in reality. I believe it is defined as being, stupid.

It's real simple, skippy, indoors is where the servers are.
Outside is outside the room where the servers are.
Outdoors would be, "outdoors" and exposed to the environment, skippy.

I was pointing out a kitchen hood doesn't have backup, and you damn well know what I meant, and is why you are now bringing the whole kitchen into the equation. That is stupid, because if you want to go down that road, then you have to address the fact, the chemical fire suppression system for the hood is not "backup" for the kitchen, now, is it, skippy?

Ah, time for the non sequitur. Of course a hood system can't back up the entire kitchen, that doesn't make any sense at all.
(and, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with the forum server shutdown wink )

That's not true.

Well played.

Nothing gets by you!

lol

I tried to go back and find who started that thread and the folks over at Long Range Hunting took it down, either that or I just can't find it.
"elkslayer," you don't realize this but it's telling that you can take a post like dockrocket's where he says you're a complete douchenozzle, extract the one positive thing he says about you, and proudly display it as your sig line.

Kind of like how you conclude that no one has ever challenged anything you've said here.

I'm sure it's all true, in your mind anyway.
FOsteology said they nuked the thread. It's gone.

That's not true.

Well played.

Nothing get by you!

lol

Lol, it got by me until Mental Mike brought it up.
Have to say was kinda bummed when the campfire went down.Was happy to find a forum like this where you have somewhat freedom of speech.One forum BBC Boards is no politics or should i say you can't say anything bad about democrats,you will be banned or threads closed.Hell i got banned for saying,with Biden as President we in for a long dark 4 years.

Thumbs up to whoever got it up and running again.
Originally Posted by Paul_M
FOsteology said they nuked the thread. It's gone.

I wanted to find it as I couldn't remember if it was the starter of the thread that started the lawsuit rumor or if it was OldmanoftheSea that said it. I know what I believe but I can't remember for sure.
How about this quote from Docrocket, you seem to have left out most of what he said in your sig line:

Sure is funny how ole DocRocket completely ignored my facts I posted about the covid-19 fraud, and refused to answer any of my factual postings in that thread. Yessir, the medical industry is getting exposed around the whole world for murdering people with these shots. Yep, I do believe that is the true reason ole doc showed up, out of the blue mind you, to attack me, because I was exposing the fraud.

And even old Georgee boy, quoted ole Doc's attack to join in the attack.

LMAO, two doctors attacking me for exposing the fraud of covid-19, and yet not one of them even attempted to refute the facts I posted.

You want to know why ole smokee? It's because they couldn't, because my postings are 100% scientifically known around the world, by the leading Virologists and scientists, and backed up with irrefutable scientific evidence, you mr. fake scientist you, yourself, claim to be. ROFLMAO.

ole smokee, 62 year old mentally sick cyber stalking fake global warming believing fake scientist.

Hey smokee, how about you, mr. so-called scientist, how about you going and refuting my scientific evidence concerning the covid-19 deadly shots, you idiot?
How about this quote from Docrocket, you seem to have left out most of what he said in your sig line:

Sure is funny how ole DocRocket completely ignored my facts I posted about the covid-19 fraud, and refused to answer any of my factual postings in that thread. Yessir, the medical industry is getting exposed around the whole world for murdering people with these shots. Yep, I do believe that is the true reason ole doc showed up, out of the blue mind you, to attack me, because I was exposing the fraud.

LMAO, two doctors attacking me for exposing the fraud of covid-19, and yet not one of them even attempted to refute the facts I posted.

You want to know why ole smokee? It's because they couldn't, because my postings are 100% scientifically known around the world, by the leading Virologists and scientists, and backed up with irrefutable scientific evidence, you mr. fake scientist you, yourself, claim to be. ROFLMAO.

ole smokee, 62 year old mentally sick cyber stalking fake global warming believing fake scientist.

Hey smokee, how about you, mr. so-called scientist, how about you going and refuting my scientific evidence concerning the covid-19 deadly shots, you idiot?

It's a good thing you're so popular around here.
Kind of like how you conclude that no one has ever challenged anything you've said here.

Challenging with false negative lies is not proving someone wrong (Me), but that takes someone with a brain to understand that, that being someone other than you.
"elkslayer," the fact that you believe you've "proven" anything about COVID-19 via your posts on this website just shows how truly delusional you are.

Get some help.

It's a good thing you're so popular around here.

Facts are always popular. Too bad you can't refute the facts I post, and have to resort to constant lying.
Originally Posted by joken2
Something must be going on in Mark Claiborne's (Safariman) personal life that he's not at all happy about now because after years of his Facebook page being viewable by the whole world he just recently changed it to viewing by his accepted friends only. Very much unlike him to not want the largest audience he can get.

Did he update any photos of his wife? grin
"elkslayer," the fact that you believe you've "proven" anything about COVID-19 via your posts on this website just shows how truly delusional you are.

Get some help.

Thanks for proving my point, you're a dumbass
Jeezus, why don't you guys give it a fuggin rest already.

That is an absolutely beautiful, spot on, and well written exhibition by Doc. A pearl, and worth repeating. This ES chump is one loser worth ignoring.
Like I've pointed out many times, smokee, all anyone has to do is read your postings from your history, and if they have an IQ above 85, they can see all of your postings are just vague generalities, and weak attempts at dry humor.

You never go into explicit detail about anything. You bring zero value to this site.
Oh Campfire how I missed you!
I guessed just about right , power surge , power outage , generator fire then dealing with power company - seen it hunnerd times
Originally Posted by hanco
I actually did some work at work for a couple of days.

You and me both and it really sucked!
Originally Posted by JGRaider

That is an absolutely beautiful, spot on, and well written exhibition by Doc. A pearl, and worth repeating. This ES chump is one loser worth ignoring.

LMAO.. Another clown shows up. I actually took the time to try to offer this guy advise to help his health, and this birdbrain continues to stalk me.

Hey fool, Doc got his azz handed back to him in my rebuttal. It sure is funny you clowns don't post that, where he was shown to be lying, and made a fool out of himself.
I thought Rick threw in the towel. Glad it's back up.
I have many years working around one of the largest data facilities in the world. Excuse me while I put on hip boots to wade through this bullshit.

Well you have me on ignore, because that is what spineless little boys do, run their mouth and cover their ears.

Here, why didn't you post my reply that shows ole doc was lying and twisting the facts, and never refuted my evidence in that thread, nor did any of the other clowns, like smokee, which he had the chance to do, being he was posting in it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...protein-design-is-a-failure#Post15942900

Doc Rocket kinda reminds me of watching the old tv show “This Is Your Life” starring NoElkSlayer.

LOL

🦫

Originally Posted by wyoelk
I have many years working around one of the largest data facilities in the world. Excuse me while I put on hip boots to wade through this bullshit.

You calling Rick a liar?
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I thought Rick threw in the towel. Glad it's back up.

Are you kidding! and miss Elks posts........
I can assure you it didn’t go down like that at certain locations. That’s all.

Well you have me on ignore, because that is what spineless little boys do, run their mouth and cover their ears.

Here, why didn't you post my reply that shows ole doc was lying and twisting the facts, and never refuted my evidence in that thread, nor did any of the other clowns, like smokee, which he had the chance to do, being he was posting in it.

I don't know Doc Rocket very well but I do know he doesn't waste energy on fools.
Originally Posted by bobinpa

Yep, me too. Good idea!

Ya, maybe I’ll phugin Buy add space and bombard everyone with relentless adds 24/7
Maybe Rick should consider relocating his [bleep] to a center that also hosts federal goober data. Just a suggestion.
What did all ya nut sacks do?

I don't know Doc Rocket very well but I do know he doesn't waste energy on fools.

Doc Rocket was proven to be the fool in my rebuttal, and was incapable of refuting the facts I posted, you know, just exactly how you can't, and are forced into making a fool out of yourself.

That's not true.

Well played.

Nothing get by you!

lol

Lol, it got by me until Mental Mike brought it up.

I can read sign.

Yanno, for a closet democrat or whatever TF elkcunt was sayin.
Originally Posted by viking
What did all ya nut sacks do?

Scratched them....
I don’t normally piss with you guys on silly [bleep].

Doc Rocket is a good man. Do I know this personally? No.

But his posts about several issues went all the way up to members of the Louisiana State Court.

They were shared and well received.

I know that for a fact.

He’s a good man. Leave him alone.
Es91 sucks balls. Fact.
Glad were back on!
Originally Posted by ewc
I don’t normally piss with you guys on silly [bleep].

Doc Rocket is a good man. Do I know this personally? No.

But his posts about several issues went all the way up to members of the Louisiana State Court.

They were shared and well received.

I know that for a fact.

He’s a good man. Leave him alone.

DocRocket is a cyber stalking mental midget, who got his azz handed to him for being a cyber stalking mental midget.

Only a fool would ignore the hard scientific facts I posted concerning people being murdered by the shots.
Originally Posted by ewc
Es91 sucks balls. Fact.

Spoken like a true commie, who can't produce any facts to refute what I stated. Fact.
Elky, you had better go take your meds and sit quietly in a dark room. Those voices in your head will hopefully go away.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Elky, you had better go take your meds and sit quietly in a dark room. Those voices in your head will hopefully go away.

^^^^^^^^ Deep Thinker ^^^^^^^^^^

Well,

if they didn't cause this they no doubt at least profited from it.

Them and the lawyers.

Hey fool, Doc got his azz handed back to him in my rebuttal. It sure is funny you clowns don't post that, where he was shown to be lying, and made a fool out of himself.

So, Docrocket is a liar and a fool, but you qoute him in your sig line with your every post.

You're one confused individual.

DocRocket is a cyber stalking mental midget, who got his azz handed to him for being a cyber stalking mental midget.

Only a fool would ignore the hard scientific facts I posted concerning people being murdered by the shots.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Glad you got it back up and running Rick. Sad to see all the cucks are still doing cuck things. Guess a few days had them backed up.
Originally Posted by tpeavy
its been a RoUgH three days!!!!! It got so bad i had to make conversation with the wife

Yeah - it was so bad I attacked Big Tree in front of the deck, and repurposed it to rec cabin firewood for next winter. Spent most of Saturday, day beforehand, snow-clearing 30" on the ground for running room - 'Taint my first rodeo! (I'm that good! smile ).

Laid it down EXACTLY where I wanted it. Sideways to the lean/weight, tho it required wind (15mph from perfect direction), wedges, and wope. I mean rope, and a come-along. I'm marking that one on the calendar. Then 2 days getting rid of the slash, bucking , splitting, loading.

Pissed off the grouse, who likes to eyeball us from it, the squirrel (he better not forget it's gone, or the dogs will get him), the dogs (potty spot in snow time), and the wife , she being from eastern Montana, where they have never seen a tree.

In my defense, it was deep into beetle kill, and I wanted the little bastids gone before they emerged. It was dying, too big and close to the house, making it a fire/wind hazard, and fuggin up the sunshine on flower garden, deck, and back lawn. Not to mention evening time in the hot tub, which is going in later this summer. They need the access for the boom truck anyway.

Might post the epic on another thread. Or not.... Wood is on its way tomorrow to the rec cabin for seasoning. I hope the little bastids all die a miserable death without being able to reproduce (Caribou Hills fire, decade or so ago- mostly just charred snags now. I hope they like charcoal!).

I think my CF withdrawal DT's may be dissipating...... smile

I am not buying it...

The Chinese and Russian hackers that took down the site must have Rick handcuffed in a kindergarten chair with jumper cables on his nipples... making him type things!

FREE RICK!

Will you lot please stop quoting that elk fella...I prefer to not see his rubbish.
Glad it's back. Was yearning for yet another endless purse fight, among pseudo adults. Yep.
Ironic that the trolls, sockpuppets, and narcissists take over the first thread after the outage...

Guess they needed the attention worse than we knew.
Ironic that the trolls, sockpuppets, and narcissists take over the first thread after the outage...

Amen brother.

ElkSalami is #Despicable
Glad 24 Hour is back up! I didn’t know where to go on the internet.
https://www.theregister.com/2021/04/06/webnx_data_fire/
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Welcome back, we missed you!!

Mike
Indeed!!!
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by tpeavy

Yeah - it was so bad I attacked Big Tree in front of the deck, and repurposed it to rec cabin firewood for next winter. Spent most of Saturday, day beforehand, snow-clearing 30" on the ground for running room - 'Taint my first rodeo! (I'm that good! smile ).

Laid it down EXACTLY where I wanted it. Sideways to the lean/weight, tho it required wind (15mph from perfect direction), wedges, and wope. I mean rope, and a come-along. I'm marking that one on the calendar. Then 2 days getting rid of the slash, bucking , splitting, loading.

Pissed off the grouse, who likes to eyeball us from it, the squirrel (he better not forget it's gone, or the dogs will get him), the dogs (potty spot in snow time), and the wife , she being from eastern Montana, where they have never seen a tree.

In my defense, it was deep into beetle kill, and I wanted the little bastids gone before they emerged. It was dying, too big and close to the house, making it a fire/wind hazard, and fuggin up the sunshine on flower garden, deck, and back lawn. Not to mention evening time in the hot tub, which is going in later this summer. They need the access for the boom truck anyway.

Might post the epic on another thread. Or not.... Wood is on its way tomorrow to the rec cabin for seasoning. I hope the little bastids all die a miserable death without being able to reproduce (Caribou Hills fire, decade or so ago- mostly just charred snags now. I hope they like charcoal!).

I think my CF withdrawal DT's may be dissipating...... smile

I'm disappointed, I was expecting a dog sled.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Didn't some doc on CNN get caught in a hay thresher for remote diagnosis of people he never met?
Ya gotta wonder how the 20+ posts per day boys made it through without Valium.
Originally Posted by OldTimeHunter

As if one turd wasn’t enough it’s the return of Larry Root. You still hiding from Bricktop loser?
Originally Posted by OldTimeHunter

As if one turd wasn’t enough it’s the return of Larry Root. You still hiding from Bricktop loser?

He better be hiding from Rick, after starting and spreading the lawsuit BS.

I wouldn't bet he'll be here long. But always to return with another sockpuppet...

Go down for 3 days and return on Easter...

I can hear it now....

You are irrelevant. Period.

You are irrelevant. Period.

Lol, not in his drug addled mind.
Glad it's back up. I just figured some Muslim had hacked my internet.
I binge watched Breaking Bad.
© 24hourcampfire