Home
"This summer the Oregon Military Museum reassembled a historic F-86 Sabre jet in preparation as a centerpiece of the museum's Korean War exhibit. The Oregon Military Museum showcases artifacts and information of Oregon's military history from the Lewis and Clarke expedition all the way through the Global War on Terrorism. Video by Sgt. 1st Class Zachary Holden - Oregon National Guard Public Affairs Office"

Thanks. I do like the Sabre.
Cool plane!
Always loved the Sabre jet.
I still think that it is the nicest looking jet.
That's nice to see. My Dad flew the D-model with the 431st at Wheelus and Zaragosa in the late 1950s, I have some of his paraphernalia on the wall, including a 3x5 foot North American formation publicity shot. One of his best flights was a reward for good mission parameters, a full tank of gas, NO drop tanks or rockets, no restrictions and all the sky around Wheelus. Only about 45 minutes, a naked 86 didn't have a lot of endurance, but he was tired and happy when he landed, "just an absolute joy to fly."
This is the book that is responsible for me becoming a Naval Aviator. Read it in grade school and it ignited a dream of flying military aircraft. Bought a used copy on Amazon to give to one of my grandsons. Anyone else read this book as a youngster?

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This is the book that is responsible for me becoming a Naval Aviator. Read it in grade school and it ignited a dream of flying military aircraft. Bought a used copy on Amazon to give to one of my grandsons. Anyone else read this book as a youngster?

[Linked Image]

Yes.

[Linked Image]

I'd hate to see what a new one costs.
ROK's were still flying those when i was over there in 85/86.
We have one on a stick at my unit in Charlotte.

[Linked Image]

I had that book as a kid, and must have read it a 100 times...

I love the F 86, but admit to loving a lot of planes.....

my eyesight kept me out of a cockpit.
Originally Posted by Seafire

[Linked Image]

I had that book as a kid, and must have read it a 100 times...

I love the F 86, but admit to loving a lot of planes.....

my eyesight kept me out of a cockpit.

Me too......
© 24hourcampfire