Home
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Adoption - 04/15/21
I just got off the phone with a very helpful and nice lady at the Vital Records office in Helena.

Am trying to get my original birth certificate so I can get started on finding some information on my birth family.

The personnel at the Office were a pleasure to work with.

Just want to give them a shout out.

That is all.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck with it Jim, and may God Bless anyone willing to adopt.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck in your search Jim.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Keep us posted, Big Jim.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim, technology has made this whole process easier.

I've got a Korean sister that is searching for blood relatives also. She's hoping to find answers through the DNA sites that are available.
Posted By: killerv Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Jamie Dutton did that and things went south real quick.

All kidding aside, good luck and good journey

A buddy who was also adopted did the 23 and me thing and found all sorts of family he didn't know about.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim!

My friends wife found a 1/2 sister she and her siblings didn't know existed doing the DNA thing. I'm not sure I want to know who I'm related to, the family I know about is interesting enough laugh
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim.

I don't do the genetic thing. Some family members have, that's good enough for me.

I worry that someone else will find out that somewhere in Sicilia there is still a vendetta against our familia and the next thing I know black Cadillacs show up in our town, piloted by Vinnie and Vito.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Ready to mail the application this afternoon.

Also going to send a letter to my foster mother.

Included some pictures of us in there.

Foster mother lives in Helena yet.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
I guess it’s time.

Hope it all goes well Jim.

Keep us posted.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
If adopting you comes with hunting land or guns I'll consider it!

laugh

Mike
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
If adopting you comes with hunting land or guns I'll consider it!

laugh

Mike

and a beef and some lamb too?
Posted By: Nollij Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
All the best Jim. I met my biologicals at age 24 which is now 30 years ago. They ended up getting married and I have two full blood siblings. It's a surreal, but worthwhile endeavor. If nothing else, you get to learn about possible bloodline issues; diabetes, cancer, etc.

I wish you nothing but the best in this quest. I can't stress enough that it is a bit freaky, but something I am extremely glad I did. If I can offer any worthless advice, please contact me.
Posted By: JDinCO Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
My wife got me a kit for 23 and me a few years back. Through that, got a book authored by a cousin about my mothers side of the family and then another cousin sent one he compiled for my father's side. Found two cousins I had lost track of and then learned of even more running around. Both books ran around 350 pages. That is just the start of what I learned.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you're looking for.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you're looking for.

+1.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good thoughts on you.
Posted By: 284LUVR Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ready to mail the application this afternoon.

Also going to send a letter to my foster mother.

Included some pictures of us in there.

Foster mother lives in Helena yet.

Best of luck on your journey, friend Jim.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
I will at least have a name when I get my original birth certificate back.

Been getting some family names from people on 23andMe.

No idea which side of the family.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Best wishes in your search.

Mike
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Adoption - 04/15/21

Best of luck! Sounds like it will be interesting at the very least.

My father was adopted and I've always wondered about that side of my family but since it was 1937 I doubt there are many records that could be used to trace anything.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Good luck with it Jim, and may God Bless anyone willing to adopt.

This, in spades.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Wasn’t Steve Martin in a movie like this? Found out he really wasn’t black or something.

Good luck Jimbo.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Jim
May your quest be full of positives!
Posted By: Futura Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Best wishes in your search.

Mike

Jim,

Check their Mitochondrial type. If you share the same type the person is from your biological mothers side. If they are male and they have the same Y chromosome they are likely from your biological fathers side unless it’s a coincidence. This is especially easy to do if you are of mixed ancestry since you will be descended from people of multiple distinct lineages.

Good luck in these endeavors. What an amazing time we live in that we can find these things out.
Posted By: Duckhunter Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim, hope it's everything you desire...
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jimbo.
Posted By: deflave Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
If you do the ancestry thing you may find it faster to piece your family tree together.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck Jim!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck with your search JC. Both of my kids are adopted, and they're a couple of the biggest blessings of my life.
Posted By: Ptarmigan Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
I had twin older brothers (from my birth father) find me last year. One of them had done a DNA genealogy test and my uncle had as well. They matched up as family and that was that. Funny thing was they had met before, and I used to live about 5 miles from where they grew up with their adopted family.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Some times you find out things you wish you had not.My adopted Son found his birth Dad and found out he was a real prick.Hope it works out otherwise for you.
Posted By: Nollij Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Huntz
Some times you find out things you wish you had not.My adopted Son found his birth Dad and found out he was a real prick.Hope it works out otherwise for you.

Very true. You also may find out they want nothing to do with you. It can be a bad deal. There is only one way to find out.
Posted By: BangPop Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
You might find out that your grandfather, 8 generations removed, was Meriwether Lewis. Good luck with your research.
Posted By: Futura Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Nollij
Originally Posted by Huntz

Very true. You also may find out they want nothing to do with you. It can be a bad deal. There is only one way to find out.

A friend of mine is adopted and found his biological dad when he matched on Ancestry with a cousin. His dad didn’t even know he existed. They have continued a relationship and they are very similar personality wise. He eventually tracked down his biological mother and she wanted nothing to do with him. Basically said she put him up for a reason. Apparently he has a lot of half siblings on her side with multiple fathers. For him that sucked but he respects her wishes and it was closure for him.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Good luck, Jim! Sincerely.

What if you find out you're the world's tallest midget? That would be pretty cool!
Posted By: rem141r Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
my brother did the dna thing and found out he was 20% italian. i haven't trusted him since.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Godspeed, Jim.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Originally Posted by Rooster7

What if you find out you're the world's tallest midget? That would be pretty cool!

At least he could stop farming and join the Circus.
Posted By: 673 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Yeah, the people at vital statistics in Helena are really great to deal with.
I have done alot of research on my own family and have dealt with them in Helena as my Grandmother was born at Wolf Point.
There are adoptions in my family too. So one day I am sitting around and the ph rings, it is a 1st cousin that was adopted in 1955, we keep in touch now.
Good luck to you Jim.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Adoption - 04/15/21

At least he could stop farming and join the Circus.

Haha

Often times, farming IS a circus!!
Posted By: Diesel Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Best outcome to you Jim. I can't imagine the thoughts that such an endeavor would conjure up. I truly hope there is a treasure there for you.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Does anybody else see this thread going the way the movie “The Jerk” went?

Own up to it!
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Adoption - 04/15/21
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Adoption - 04/16/21
Good luck Jim, I wish you positive results.

Mom and Dad got married about fifteen months before I came along. Dad had jet black hair, Mom's was auburn. I was born a flaming red head...........just like Mom's high school sweet heart.

Dad was a wonderful Father to all six of us. My paternal grandparents were saints of the highest order.

No DNA for me. I would prefer to die believing I share DNA with those wonderful people.
Posted By: IA_fog Re: Adoption - 04/16/21

Good luck Jim. I was adopted in 1967 by a wonderful couple. My wife was adopted in 1969 by a wonderful couple as well. We decided this past summer to look into our real parents,For medical purposes she knew her birth name I didn’t so we got my original and found my birth name ( or what we thought) so we are searching and no luck, by the way if you hav3 Facebook there is a group on there who helped greatly. So then we did the ancestry search and low and behold a direct hit for my biological father and brother. The brother was adopted at 2 by his step dad and changed his name. Found out I have 2 older brothers(1 committed suicide pstd soldier) a younger brother and sister. 3 different moms. Now for the last 6 months piecing the whole thing together figured out my birth dad was pretty much forcing himself on a 15 yr old(my mom) while he worked for her dads farm living ther with my 2 older brothers and their mom. My birth mom was forced to go away and give me up. The “George” got married to the 3rd mom had 2 more. So on original birth certificate my birth mom used a fake last name ( why we couldn’t find a thing) . After meeting him I realize for sure I grew up way better and more fortunate. He says he looked for me for 54 years but now that he has found he he sure don’t Act like it at all. My older brother who grew up away from him turned out great too, just got pinnned for brigadier general in the national guard , the two younger ones who grew up with George not so well, one in jail half his life the girl just a nutcase.
Good luck to you and if you want pm any questions
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Adoption - 04/16/21
Best wishes and good luck! If your real last name was found to be Dandy, would you change it?!!!!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Tami Lee Baldwin

Anaconda Montana. Born 1960

Crazy to finally have a name.

Her dad was Tommy Baldwin. From Alaska.
Posted By: Dess Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good for you sir.

I thought the name your kids gifted you was "Dad".
Posted By: horse1 Re: Adoption - 05/02/21

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good job Jim.

Hope it all works out well for you.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you’re looking for.
Where you’re from really doesn’t matter though. It’s where you’re at and where you’re going thats the important part, and it certainly appears that where you’re at, is a good place.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you’re looking for.
Where you’re from really doesn’t matter though. It’s where you’re at and where you’re going thats the important part, and it certainly appears that where you’re at, is a good place.

Yup.

The pics you post of the kiddos smiling shows you’ve done well for yourself.

Here’s to you Big Jim.

Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I was adopted at birth and didn't find out until I was 13. I was watching one of those after school specials with my folks on TV and it was a story about an adopted kid wanting to find his parents. I imagine it was an awkward moment for them and I let them off the hook when I said something like "I don't see what the big deal is, those are the people he grew up with. They're his family." They took that opportunity to tell me I was adopted and if I wanted to meet my biological family it would be okay. I told them I didn't really care at the time. Maybe some day but there was no rush.

Fast forward several years. I'm on active duty in the navy and spent my whole career up and down the East coast. At this point, I had lost my father and brother, so my only family left was my mother. The navy was deploying a prototype cruise missile system to a destroyer in Everett WA. As the course supervisor of the Tomahawk school at the Atlantic Fleet Combat Training Center, I was uniquely qualified to head up that project. The program Admiral "asked" me if I wanted to do it, so I said "sure sir, I've never been to the Pacific Northwest so why the hell not."

Unfortunately, about a couple years after transferring, my mother died of terminal cancer, so I lost my whole family. A week later, I found out that my biological family lived up the road about 45 minutes North. Apparently, they were asking some relatives on the East coast about me and were told I was only a few towns away that whole time. So, I met up with everyone and they've been a part of my life for 20 years now.

I lost a family and gained a family at the same time. I'm sure some folks here would say that wasn't a coincidence. I don't know if it was or not, but that part of my life would have made a good chick flick grin It's been different. I know I am related but lived a different life.

Go for it and see what happens. But if your folks are still around, make sure they realize that they'll always be your family in your eyes. My mom couldn't have kids so I was a gift. But I also knew what kind of sacrifice they made for me and never once made them feel like they weren't my real parents.

Good luck.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I wish you well and may you find what you seek, ya big jabroni.
Interesting story there Jake.

Maybe sell the idea to the Hallmark Channel? wink
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting story there Jake.

Maybe sell the idea to the Hallmark Channel? wink

LOL no schit.
Posted By: goalie Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I just got off the phone with a very helpful and nice lady at the Vital Records office in Helena.

Am trying to get my original birth certificate so I can get started on finding some information on my birth family.

The personnel at the Office were a pleasure to work with.

Just want to give them a shout out.

That is all.

Sincere question: why?

(I'm also adopted. I have no desire to get anything other than medical history info)
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I have a feeling Jim knows who his mom and pop are.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Hope one finds a wealthy uncle out there.
Posted By: chris_c Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good luck on your journey,
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I have a feeling Jim knows who his mom and pop are.

Absolutely.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Blaine county’s lucky to have you, Big Jim.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good for you Jim!

You're on your way.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good to know that your quest s being rewarded with result - I wish you the very best as things unfold.
Kiana Alaska.

Sounds like a cold place.
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
My sons mom was adopted. Her adoptive parents we’re fugged up but gave her a lot of love and a great lifestyle, she always wanted to meet her birth parents. Her adoptive parents weren’t really for it. Seems like a pretty natural thing to me. She never meet them because she feared she wouldn’t live up to whatever hopes and standards that her birth parents had.

I think if it were me I’d want to know. Good luck to you in whatever you decide. At the end of the day it’s whatever you think best and your choice.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I find looking up ancestor to be fun. A glimpse of the past.
Hope it works out well for ya.

On a side note. A friend of my wife's recently did the 23 and me or some such thing. It was apparent that her lineage was not the same as her dad's. She perused it and found out that her deceased mother obviously ran around on her dad.

For some reason she found it important to ask her dad for a paternity test that proved the point. Her dad is in his late 80's and her mom obviously dead. I couldn't wrap my head around doing that. What a gift to a dying man who by all accounts was a good father?

I wasn't in those shoes, so maybe I'd feel different, but doubt it.

Anyway, obviously not your situation but it brought it to mind.

I hope you get the answers your looking for Jimbo!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good luck Big Jim!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Kiana Alaska.

Small village. I worked for a guy that had a native gf from there.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
I hope it gives you some peace to know your genetic history. My adopted father asked me if I wanted to know about my bio father. I told him he was my father and I think it hurt his feelings as he had kept track of my bio father for those 18 years. A couple of years later my adopted father committed suicide and none of my adopted family knew what Dad knew. I do know my birth Mother's name and that she grew up around Albion IL. If you know that area PM me please. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: deflave Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Jim,

Can you explain how the birth certificates are handled for cases like yours? I've been told there was some (relatively) recent case law regarding the acquisition of birth certificates for orphans but have never spoken with anybody that had first hand knowledge/experience with the subject.

And in cases like yours, what did your parents use for your birth certificate all these years?
Posted By: deflave Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
A funny story that is relevant:

My wife has done the ancestry thing and takes her family lineage pretty serious. She has done a lot of digging on those sites and pieced a lot of interesting (albeit worthless) info together. One day she got a message from a guy stating that he was an orphan, and was doing what Jim is doing, and he believed she might have been a first cousin. So my wife took his name and DOB and started cutting sign.

She almost immediately determined that he was her half-brother.

After some more digging, it was determined that her dad (my father-in-law) had knocked up his high school sweetheart prior to leaving for bootcamp. When he came home his then girlfriend was nowhere to be found and her parents told him to fugk off when he came by.

This was pre-abortion era so they sent her to some orphanage to schit the kid, feel shame, and finish school. She never told the father anything. With the exception of the parents and the kid's mother, nobody knew for almost 50 years.

A whole life spent unintentionally apart. Crazy schit.
Posted By: Muffin Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Did the Ancestry thing, it can be addictive BTW, found out that a 'Kenyan' had joined the 'wood pile'........ now my Uncle will not speak to me!!!!

The 'Kenyan' joined a 'side-line' of the family and so we are not direct descendants.........

Yep!!!! THAT Kenyan!

Uncle is an 8th cousin.............. we laugh about it.

Euro Royalty, English, French, Spanish, Whores and Indian Killers, Revolution and Civil War vets, Cousin to Dr Edward Maynard............... most people yawn, but mention the Kenyan!!!!!!!!

Hope it all works out well Jim...............
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Originally Posted by Muffin
Did the Ancestry thing, it can be addictive BTW, found out that a 'Kenyan' had joined the 'wood pile'........ now my Uncle will not speak to me!!!!

The 'Kenyan' joined a 'side-line' of the family and so we are not direct descendants.........

Yep!!!! THAT Kenyan!

Uncle is an 8th cousin.............. we laugh about it.

Euro Royalty, English, French, Spanish, Whores and Indian Killers, Revolution and Civil War vets, Cousin to Dr Edward Maynard............... most people yawn, but mention the Kenyan!!!!!!!!

Hope it all works out well Jim...............

The only sure way to know the muffin man.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Daddy died when I was (almost) 3.
Seriously. Not just a Hank Jr song.

Don't remember anything about him, seriously seek out info
from his friends. Just stories to help me feel close to the man.
Complicated, many don't understand.

Mom met my other Dad when I was 8. He raised me.

There is a desire in many to know what they come from,
unexplainable. Have a family book from my biological father,
it's neat too read the stories, just to get a sense of ones place
in the past. Good honorable people. Proud to follow, hope to
live up to their level.

Another branch?
No book, nowhere near the depth on history.
That's ok! Can't stand the ones I know.
Treacherous pricks, better avoided and stay away from their schemes.

Jim,
hope you have success in gathering knowledge.
Hope you can make some pleasant contacts.
If any are disappointing, or just downright bad,
remember they aren't you.

You are a good dude. That's largely your adoptive parents and you personally.

My (step)Dad always likes to say,
"Everyone has to take his own hide to town!"

You can wear yours with pride.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Best of luck. Two of my great grandparents were orphans. So we know nothing on one of my grandmother's side.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good luck Jim.
Originally Posted by ironbender
Kiana Alaska.

Lol, Jim's dad? grin
Posted By: Nollij Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Tami Lee Baldwin

Glad you have a name. It's a step in the process. I hope it all goes the way you want it to. I found out I'm a limey in a house full of krauts and Norwegians. Both my Dad and my biological father hunt, fish, and reload. My bio father collects Model 70's. Some things are pre-ordained.

I forgot to add a weird one; all three of us are left handed although my Dad shoots righty. Strange things that make you wonder about the universe...
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Kiana Alaska.

Lol, Jim's dad? grin

Are you saying ironbender might be Jim’s dad?
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Jim;
Good morning to you my cyber friend, I hope that this first Sunday in May finds you and that wonderful family well and having good spring weather.

On the topic of adoption, since my late father had 10 brothers and sisters and my late mother had 8, there's adopted cousins on both sides.

Now of course I can't speak for anyone else but me, but I preferred the company of some of the adopted ones to those not and actually stay in touch today with them. They're my family 100%.

This past year on a sheep hunting sub forum on Faceplant there was a guy with my last name - Mehrer - which isn't common at all, so I asked him about it and we've gotten to know each other's history over time.

Part way through, he said he had that name though his step dad, so we weren't true cousins. My response was that his love of hunting, horses and fishing made him more a cousin than some of the ones who do none of that, so I'll just consider him my cousin somewhat more removed and we've carried on.

Lastly, a few of the cousins mentioned have contacted their birth families and some not - both for valid reasons I'm sure.

I wish you nothing but positive outcomes regardless Jim. That and all the very best for your fine family out there in the High Line country.

Dwayne
post the names on the Alaska forum, Jim.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Kiana Alaska.

Lol, Jim's dad? grin

Nah. Jim’s too handsome!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Adoption - 05/02/21

Posted By: las Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Kiana Alaska.

My wife would know the Bs, from her School District job out of Kotzebue.
Originally Posted by slumlord

LOL
Wonder how many times that story played itself out over the years?

I won't do that 23 & me stuff. When folks ask if I have any kids, I have to tell them "none that I know of".

I'd like to keep it that way.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Good luck, Jim.

For what it's worth, Conrad is a cooler name anyway.

In a Gunsmoke sort of way. smile

I won't do that 23 & me stuff. When folks ask if I have any kids, I have to tell them "none that I know of".

I got a surprise when she was 16, my oldest daughter, she visited me when she was 20, we keep in touch and I keep in touch with her mom.

I got a surprise when she was 16, my oldest daughter, she visited me when she was 20, we keep in touch and I keep in touch with her mom.

Well, as long as they don't ask for back child support, I'm old and retired now!
I've kept in touch with all my girlfriends long enough to know I don't have any surprise mini-me's running around LOL.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I've kept in touch with all my girlfriends long enough to know I don't have any surprise mini-me's running around LOL.

Even the late at night, follow me home, one night only girlfriends? blush
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Even the late at night, follow me home, one night only girlfriends? blush

Hahaha, I actually never had the one night stand adventure believe it or not.

Well, as long as they don't ask for back child support, I'm old and retired now!

I paid 6 yrs back support, no problem that's what they ask for now when they wait too long. she lives in Florida now is 29 yrs old and a graphic designer.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
My uncle did a DNA test and found out he had a match for a half brother in California. He contacted him and the guy said he never knew his dad. He said his mom got pregnant with some guy that was in California from out of state.

My grandpa and his brother disappeared from the family farm for several months when they were teenagers. Turns out they spontaneously jump a train on day and rode all the way to California where they lived for a few months. I asked my grandpa about it once and he said one day working on the farm they got talking about seeing the ocean and the next thing he knew they were sneaking on a train. I asked him how they lived down there. He told me he worked construction down there and some rich lady paid him to pose naked while she painted him.

Bb
It amazes me I don't have more stray kids, with as many chicks as I screwed when I was young.

I paid 6 yrs back support, no problem that's what they ask for now when they wait too long. she lives in Florida now is 29 yrs old and a graphic designer.

Good on you.

Any kids I might have would be older than 30 now.
Posted By: 79S Re: Adoption - 05/02/21
Kiana Alaska.

All I will say be thankful where you grew up and who you call mom and dad. Western Alaska villages are chitholes with a crime rate that puts lower 48 reservation crime rates to shame.

The village of Kiana is located where three rivers meet: the Squirrel River, Kobuk River, and big/small channel rivers. Kiana is in the Northwestern Alaska, 30 miles North of the Arctic Circle, and 57 air miles East of Kotzebue.[12]
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My uncle did a DNA test and found out he had a match for a half brother in California. He contacted him and the guy said he never knew his dad. He said his mom got pregnant with some guy that was in California from out of state.

My grandpa and his brother disappeared from the family farm for several months when they were teenagers. Turns out they spontaneously jump a train on day and rode all the way to California where they lived for a few months. I asked my grandpa about it once and he said one day working on the farm they got talking about seeing the ocean and the next thing he knew they were sneaking on a train. I asked him how they lived down there. He told me he worked construction down there and some rich lady paid him to pose naked while she painted him.

Bb

Painted him? whistle

Good on you.

Any kids I might have would be older than 30 now.
my oldest son is 32, lives here, and runs his own windshield business.
Kiana Alaska.

Lol, Jim's dad? grin

No, no,no!, IB's old boss, Jim is way to pretty to have come from IB!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Originally Posted by deflave
Jim,

Can you explain how the birth certificates are handled for cases like yours? I've been told there was some (relatively) recent case law regarding the acquisition of birth certificates for orphans but have never spoken with anybody that had first hand knowledge/experience with the subject.

And in cases like yours, what did your parents use for your birth certificate all these years?

I have a notarized certificate from the hospital where I was born.

It was signed by the administrator. My footprints are on the back. Otherwise there is no information at all.

A while after my birth, the State issued me a regular certificate with my adoptive parents names on the form.

Apparently, the original birth certificate was filled out with my biological mothers information and then sealed.

I was able to get the document unsealed very easily. The state also sent me the adoption certificate.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Jim,
check your private messages please.
Posted By: 79S Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Jim,

It was signed by the administrator. My footprints are on the back. Otherwise there is no information at all.

A while after my birth, the State issued me a regular certificate with my adoptive parents names on the form.

Apparently, the original birth certificate was filled out with my biological mothers information and then sealed.

I was able to get the document unsealed very easily. The state also sent me the adoption certificate.

Well at least the local natives will now treat you like a brother now
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Sam O,

Slap Jim Conrad on the ass one good time for me. LOL
Posted By: ironbender Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Jim,

What hospital, Jim?
Kiana Alaska.

Lol, Jim's dad? grin

No, no,no!, IB's old boss, Jim is way to pretty to have come from IB!

Ya big jabroni. I already said that. You caint hurt MY feelers!
Jim,

What hospital, Jim?

St. James Hospital.

Butte, Montana.
Jim,

What hospital, Jim?

St. James Hospital.

Butte, Montana.

better than the St James Infirmary.
Jim,

What hospital, Jim?

St. James Hospital.

Butte, Montana.

Was thinking Anchorage perhaps.
My grandfather was born up there.
Jim,

What hospital, Jim?

St. James Hospital.

Butte, Montana.

Was thinking Anchorage perhaps.

Come on man keep up.. he was adopted in Montana not alaska Jesus..
Them dang Eskimos sure do get around.
Tami Lee Baldwin

So your giving name was Tami and you were born in 1960? Damn you are old as hell
Originally Posted by 79S
Tami Lee Baldwin

So your giving name was Tami and you were born in 1960? Damn you are old as hell

Look who’s walking in the dark now!
My grandfather was born up there.

Gotcha!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Tami Lee Baldwin

Good luck dude......more people than not (IME at least) end up realizing they were put up for adoption for a reason.
Originally Posted by 79S
Tami Lee Baldwin

Look who’s walking in the dark now!

Lol who knew Jimmy was a Tami
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Adoption - 05/03/21
Local couple, girl got up the stump real young, they were from
poor families and had little support. (Plus it was the early 60's)
So, they adopted the kid out.

Fast forward almost 40 years.
That young man busted his ass, made numerous shrewd and
lucky investments, they were doing pretty well. Had several kids, including
one they gave the same name as the one adopted out. Then his now wife
got the big C. And started to dwell on the child she didn't know.

Private investigators, a bit of money, and they found the kid living in the Midwest.

Don't know if the 10's of million dollars the parents were now worth played
into the decision, but the new found family packed up and moved
to be with the birth parents. Will say it seems to be working.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
Its been a wild assed couple of years.
Posted By: 79S Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
Its been a wild assed couple of years.

Tami we are all behind you on this! I’m hoping your kin folk are from st Lawrence island so you can go whaling
Posted By: akasparky Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
You may find that the state of Alaska owes you 10's of thousands of dollars.

These foster youths say the state of Alaska pocketed thousands of dollars that belonged to them

Nationwide, government agencies take money owed to foster children with disabilities or a deceased parent, The Marshall Project and NPR found. And most kids never know it’s gone.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/202...usands-of-dollars-that-belonged-to-them/
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
if that's the case I hope Jim makes out like a bandit.
Posted By: akasparky Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
My thoughts are this "Marshall Project" could be another resource that may be able to assist Jim with his search.

There could be state and government agencies doing more hindering than helping due to the financial corruption that's occurred.

It'd be fantastic for Jim to be successful with his query AND come out of the deal with a sparkling new pickup!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Adoption - 05/04/21
I got to thinking Jim, I was born in 1963 and dated an older gal named Tami, no idea what her last name was, I could be your Paw............
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
As per Catholic Social Services rules.......I had to hire a private investigator to look for my biological family.

Several years and several hundred dollars later....he gave up and said he couldn't find them.

So...I had my original birth certificate unsealed.....and found them in about 24 hours.

Talked to my brother for the first time last night.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

Lose that frown, stare at a clown.

Posted By: JeffA Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

That's cool, where is he at?
Posted By: deflave Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
As per Catholic Social Services rules.......I had to hire a private investigator to look for my biological family.

Several years and several hundred dollars later....he gave up and said he couldn't find them.

So...I had my original birth certificate unsealed.....and found them in about 24 hours.

That’s crazy.

Is he an a-hole too?
Posted By: DMc Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
That’s crazy.

Is he an a-hole too?

Seriously?

Congratulations Jim
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
Good news Jim!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

grin grin laugh
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

That's cool Jim, how did it go?

Do he seem receptive or guarded?
Originally Posted by renegade50

grin grin laugh

That's pretty damn funny! One of the greatest comedy movies ever put out.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

That's cool! Older or younger than you?

Very eager and excited.

That's cool! Older or younger than you?

A few years older.

That’s crazy.

Is he an a-hole too?

Haha!

Nope. Super nice guy.

Very eager and excited.

Was that before or after you showed him a picture? wink
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Adoption - 05/05/21

That’s crazy.

Is he an a-hole too?

Haha!

Nope. Super nice guy.

That sounds like good news, I hope it all works out for the best.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
Good fer you, Jimbo !
Posted By: 79S Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
Oh ph uck you opened the Pandora’s box of free loading native relatives now good going cuz..
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh ph uck you opened the Pandora’s box of free loading native relatives now good going cuz..

Hahahaha!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Adoption - 05/05/21
You must break the ice and send him the red union suit pic ASAP!
© 24hourcampfire