Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Good luck, Jim! Sincerely.

What if you find out you're the world's tallest midget? That would be pretty cool!

At least he could stop farming and join the Circus.

Haha

Often times, farming IS a circus!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best outcome to you Jim. I can't imagine the thoughts that such an endeavor would conjure up. I truly hope there is a treasure there for you.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Does anybody else see this thread going the way the movie “The Jerk” went?

Own up to it!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Good luck Jim, I wish you positive results.

Mom and Dad got married about fifteen months before I came along. Dad had jet black hair, Mom's was auburn. I was born a flaming red head...........just like Mom's high school sweet heart.

Dad was a wonderful Father to all six of us. My paternal grandparents were saints of the highest order.

No DNA for me. I would prefer to die believing I share DNA with those wonderful people.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I will at least have a name when I get my original birth certificate back.

Been getting some family names from people on 23andMe.

No idea which side of the family.

Good luck Jim. I was adopted in 1967 by a wonderful couple. My wife was adopted in 1969 by a wonderful couple as well. We decided this past summer to look into our real parents,For medical purposes she knew her birth name I didn’t so we got my original and found my birth name ( or what we thought) so we are searching and no luck, by the way if you hav3 Facebook there is a group on there who helped greatly. So then we did the ancestry search and low and behold a direct hit for my biological father and brother. The brother was adopted at 2 by his step dad and changed his name. Found out I have 2 older brothers(1 committed suicide pstd soldier) a younger brother and sister. 3 different moms. Now for the last 6 months piecing the whole thing together figured out my birth dad was pretty much forcing himself on a 15 yr old(my mom) while he worked for her dads farm living ther with my 2 older brothers and their mom. My birth mom was forced to go away and give me up. The “George” got married to the 3rd mom had 2 more. So on original birth certificate my birth mom used a fake last name ( why we couldn’t find a thing) . After meeting him I realize for sure I grew up way better and more fortunate. He says he looked for me for 54 years but now that he has found he he sure don’t Act like it at all. My older brother who grew up away from him turned out great too, just got pinnned for brigadier general in the national guard , the two younger ones who grew up with George not so well, one in jail half his life the girl just a nutcase.
Good luck to you and if you want pm any questions

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Best wishes and good luck! If your real last name was found to be Dandy, would you change it?!!!!

Old guy, old guns.
J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Tami Lee Baldwin

Anaconda Montana. Born 1960

Crazy to finally have a name.

Her dad was Tommy Baldwin. From Alaska.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Good for you sir.

I thought the name your kids gifted you was "Dad".

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I will at least have a name when I get my original birth certificate back.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good job Jim.

Hope it all works out well for you.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you’re looking for.
Where you’re from really doesn’t matter though. It’s where you’re at and where you’re going thats the important part, and it certainly appears that where you’re at, is a good place.

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/01/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Good luck Jim, I hope you find what you’re looking for.
Where you’re from really doesn’t matter though. It’s where you’re at and where you’re going thats the important part, and it certainly appears that where you’re at, is a good place.

Yup.

The pics you post of the kiddos smiling shows you’ve done well for yourself.

Here’s to you Big Jim.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was adopted at birth and didn't find out until I was 13. I was watching one of those after school specials with my folks on TV and it was a story about an adopted kid wanting to find his parents. I imagine it was an awkward moment for them and I let them off the hook when I said something like "I don't see what the big deal is, those are the people he grew up with. They're his family." They took that opportunity to tell me I was adopted and if I wanted to meet my biological family it would be okay. I told them I didn't really care at the time. Maybe some day but there was no rush.

Fast forward several years. I'm on active duty in the navy and spent my whole career up and down the East coast. At this point, I had lost my father and brother, so my only family left was my mother. The navy was deploying a prototype cruise missile system to a destroyer in Everett WA. As the course supervisor of the Tomahawk school at the Atlantic Fleet Combat Training Center, I was uniquely qualified to head up that project. The program Admiral "asked" me if I wanted to do it, so I said "sure sir, I've never been to the Pacific Northwest so why the hell not."

Unfortunately, about a couple years after transferring, my mother died of terminal cancer, so I lost my whole family. A week later, I found out that my biological family lived up the road about 45 minutes North. Apparently, they were asking some relatives on the East coast about me and were told I was only a few towns away that whole time. So, I met up with everyone and they've been a part of my life for 20 years now.

I lost a family and gained a family at the same time. I'm sure some folks here would say that wasn't a coincidence. I don't know if it was or not, but that part of my life would have made a good chick flick grin It's been different. I know I am related but lived a different life.

Go for it and see what happens. But if your folks are still around, make sure they realize that they'll always be your family in your eyes. My mom couldn't have kids so I was a gift. But I also knew what kind of sacrifice they made for me and never once made them feel like they weren't my real parents.

Good luck.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I wish you well and may you find what you seek, ya big jabroni.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting story there Jake.

Maybe sell the idea to the Hallmark Channel? wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Interesting story there Jake.

Maybe sell the idea to the Hallmark Channel? wink

LOL no schit.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just got off the phone with a very helpful and nice lady at the Vital Records office in Helena.

Am trying to get my original birth certificate so I can get started on finding some information on my birth family.

The personnel at the Office were a pleasure to work with.

Just want to give them a shout out.

That is all.

Sincere question: why?

(I'm also adopted. I have no desire to get anything other than medical history info)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a feeling Jim knows who his mom and pop are.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hope one finds a wealthy uncle out there.

1Minute
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 219 Wasp, 1moredeer, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 64 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,382 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,449
Posts18,471,018
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.