Home
A post just shortly before, and others recently....

Whats going on with the NRA that so many are dissatisfied with them?

I'm out of the loop on this matter.......

In these current times seems like we need all the help we can get regarding the 2nd, but so many here are dropping their memberships....

Whats up?
Wayne's ridiculous salary and spending habits. Spends our money more on himself than the "cause". In a nutshell.
And his actual salary would be?

Google says about a mill a year........

WLP has ran the NRA in the ground with dictator style of running the organization

Spend 260 time 300 thousand dollars on his wardrobe and personal use of the NRA owned jet and yacht. Lavish vacations. Eliminating the president and board members that try to rein in his lavish spending. Failing to claim any of this as income and now has a lawsuit to revoke the charter for mismanagement

A brief but not complete list of abuses
Originally Posted by Kenneth
And his actual salary would be?

I believe about 2.4 million
Well Kenneth rip van winkle you have been asleep at the switch. This has been going on quite awhile now. Wayne LaPierre has been fleecing the membership for years but it is been obvious as hell for the last 3-4 years and his hand picked board of directors have helped him do it. Mb
A post just shortly before, and others recently....

Whats going on with the NRA that so many are dissatisfied with them?

I'm out of the loop on this matter.......

In these current times seems like we need all the help we can get regarding the 2nd, but so many here are dropping their memberships....

Whats up?
I am tired of the constant willingness to compromise our rights away and support of "common sense" gun legislation.

Where is W4B?
And, he can’t shoot a rifle for shît.

He handles a weapon like a school girl holding her first Dick.

He was only in the game for the money.

🦫
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Well Kenneth rip van winkle you have been asleep at the switch. This has been going on quite awhile now.

Some people spend 50 hours a week at work building America,

others, 50 hours a week on the 'net,

True, I may be behind on some details.
Go here to get more information.

Help Save the NRA
Well Kenneth rip van winkle you have been asleep at the switch. This has been going on quite awhile now.

You don't need 50 hrs on the internet to keep up to date, just a brain
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

Very few people in management actually turn wrench's.....

He's not a marksmen, ok, but that's irrelevant to me.
WLP has lost peoples trust and faith in the best tool we have (had) to protect the Second Amendment.

🦫

Likewise I won't say that I care that deeply about his salary. At some point, dollars could get high enough for that to effect things, but I don't see that as the main gripe. Again, what I mainly don't like is their willingness to compromise.

🦫

That is a real problem these days with people running craftsmen and they don't know the craft
There has been a lot of discovery regarding the organizations misuse of funds.

Flagrant wasting of millions to benefit the spoiled few within its ranks. Not only were a lot of these actions inappropriate, they are illegal. Leaving the organization wide open to criminal and civil suits that have to be defended with its member's money.

Couple that with the fact that they never stop soliciting money, and the fact that they use the fear of their bankruptcy to keep the money rolling in, and you end up with a very disenfranchised base.

That's the story in a nutshell.
I think many have focused in on WLP when the problems with the NRA are much more widespread and not easily gotten rid of regardless of his presence. WLP was once a formidable force. At one time he WAS the "change" and reform.
Originally Posted by Great_Wazoo

Help Save the NRA

Thanks for this. I didn't know it existed until now.
Originally Posted by jwp475

Thank you Jwp475, while Kenneth assumes I spent 50 hrs a week on the internet he is fos . I held down a fulltime job and all the other responsibilities life deals out. There is no damned excuse for being unaware of what is going on around you and the politics that fires it. Mb
They act like Dems, good at shaking folks down for money, using fear as a weapon, spending their take on certain pet projects.

As posted before, WLP is NOT one of my pet projects.

I tell Larry, "no thanks" when asked to round up on my MidwayUSA orders.

And, I'm an Endowment Member, but still get mail asking me to join.

They're so busy shaking everyone down, they don't know who they're sending mail to. Not sure they care, or they'd be more selective with their mail outs.

As they "fight" for us, they are pretty quick to compromise on key issues. Swampers to the the hilt, IMO.

DF
Go to youtube.com and search for Gun's Magazine podcast number 76. It's an excellent breakdown on what is happening with the NRA bankruptcy case in Texas.
k2nd

Thank you Jwp475, while Kenneth assumes I spent 50 hrs a week on the internet he is fos . I held down a fulltime job and all the other responsibilities life deals out. There is no damned excuse for being unaware of what is going on around you and the politics that fires it. Mb

Kenneth is a dumb ass.
Welcome!
Here's information on this issue that will provide enough for the rest of the day.
The NRA has been the controlled opposition to the gun grabbers all of our lives. Sometimes it's been better and usually worse. However, they are the inside agents that have given away our God-given rights. I speak of the leadership and not the membership. I too was a member in time past, but for a conscience knew that I was supporting an evil cause. Even if Wayne willingly stepped aside, it's a corrupt tree with bad fruit.

http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6283468&pid=r&mode=all&query=Nra&t=s
1. NRA actually works for gun control much of the time. In GA they have been caught lobbying against our state organizations many times.

2. They do the same nationally.

3. The corruption and waste means much less of your donations go to fight gun control than with other pro-gun organizations. Gun Owners of America has done more than NRA with less for decades. Go look at what GoA has done in the courts and on TV news.

Your donations and activism are much more effective working with GoA or NAGR, et al and your local and state organizations. NRA works against you.
Had and showed support for red flag and background check laws, and more, plus the fund mess.

In the end, they have shown for decades they are not as much of the gun rights or gun owners friend as claimed

Help Save the NRA

Thanks so much, it is vastly superior to the WSJ that I had been using to follow the bankrupcy.

Thank you Jwp475, while Kenneth assumes I spent 50 hrs a week on the internet he is fos . Mb

No, you assumed I was specifically talking about you.....I wasn't.

Lighten up.

Thank you Jwp475, while Kenneth assumes I spent 50 hrs a week on the internet he is fos . Mb

No, you assumed I was specifically talking about you.....I wasn't.

Lighten up.

No this was and is a stupid post

Originally Posted by gahuntertom

Help Save the NRA

Thanks so much, it is vastly superior to the WSJ that I had been using to follow the bankrupcy.

Says the dumbfuck that voted for Bidet.
MichaelBaneTV/Down Range Radio Podcast
JWP, you can keep your attitude, I have my own.

WLP has ran the NRA in the ground with dictator style of running the organization

Spend 260 time 300 thousand dollars on his wardrobe and personal use of the NRA owned jet and yacht. Lavish vacations. Eliminating the president and board members that try to rein in his lavish spending. Failing to claim any of this as income and now has a lawsuit to revoke the charter for mismanagement

OK, WLP is a dick but has the NRA's representation to us declined ?
JWP, you can keep your attitude, I have my own.

That stupid ass post has zero to do with attitude but a lot to do with stupid
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

Well yeah,duh

while WLP is a large problem with the NRA you cannot blame all of thir problems on him, see highlighted above. what legitimate reason should the NRA own a Jet and Yacht

Well yeah,duh

Not good enough to just whine and complain/ Gimme some cold hard facts .

Well yeah,duh

Its been all over the news. Duh, the secret is out, did you even notice when WLP ousted the NRA president and board members that tried to rein in his kavish spending. Did you miss the NY Attorney General's lawsuit to revote the NRA tax exempt charter for miss management

Well yeah,duh

The NRA has NEVER been on the side of gun owners.
But keep on defending the Fudd club fool.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This is not new

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...er-blasts-cabal-cronyism-nra-835751/amp/

Board Member Blasts ‘Cabal of Cronyism’ at the National Rifle Association
Former Congressman Allen West calls on the NRA to clean house and for CEO Wayne LaPierre to resign

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/wtf-nra-scandals-explainer-830567/
https://abcnews.go.com/US/nra-ammo-faces-legal-mess-making-experts/story?id=75949839

https://theconversation.com/the-nra-declares-bankruptcy-5-questions-answered-153423

Plenty more out there and very easy to google
Originally Posted by gitem_12

while WLP is a large problem with the NRA you cannot blame all of their problems on him, see highlighted above. what legitimate reason should the NRA own a Jet and Yacht

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by kingston

while WLP is a large problem with the NRA you cannot blame all of their problems on him, see highlighted above. what legitimate reason should the NRA own a Jet and Yacht

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget that when the executive board and the NRA president tried to rein in this lavish spending they were ousted by WLP and he then gave himself a raise
The NRA conspicuously gave ZERO support to Trump's re-election campaign.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!

A place for hookers and blow most likely
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Well yeah,duh

I don't like WLP any more than anyone else but you are a fool and a liar if you believe what you posted.

While I wasn't alive in 1934, the NRA did NOT support the Brady check system in 1993. It was going to pass so they managed to get it watered down to be "instant" instead of a one month waiting period. Duh!

And the 1994 AWB? They got that watered down. It did not eliminate A SINGLE AR15, got a 10-year sunset provision, and allowed new manufactured AR15s during the 10 years provided they didn't have bayonet studs or flash suppressors. Duh! It did eliminate making new magazines, BUT the months between passage and effect got so many mags manufactured that you could buy all you wanted, during the 10-year ban, for $20 each.

If it weren't for the NRA, AR15s would be illegal today and there would be a one month waiting period to buy buy a single barreled shotgun.

Oh yes, and "Saturday Night Specials," meaning any pistol that could be concealed, would be outlawed.

And remember when you had to register ammunition at the point of sale? Who do you think got that repealed?

So just because you're a loser craving attention, you have no right to criticize those who worked hard to keep the rights we have.

It's not that I doubt you, but any links or facts on this matter?

If true, I'd also have serious questions on this.
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Well yeah,duh

I don't like WLP any more than anyone else but you are a fool and a liar if you believe what you posted.

While I wasn't alive in 1934, the NRA did NOT support the Brady check system in 1993. It was going to pass so they managed to get it watered down to be "instant" instead of a one month waiting period. Duh!

And the 1994 AWB? They got that watered down. It did not eliminate A SINGLE AR15, got a 10-year sunset provision, and allowed new manufactured AR15s during the 10 years provided they didn't have bayonet studs or flash suppressors. Duh! It did eliminate making new magazines, BUT the months between passage and effect got so many mags manufactured that you could buy all you wanted, during the 10-year ban, for $20 each.

If it weren't for the NRA, AR15s would be illegal today and there would be a one month waiting period to buy buy a single barreled shotgun.

Oh yes, and "Saturday Night Specials," meaning any pistol that could be concealed, would be outlawed.

And remember when you had to register ammunition at the point of sale? Who do you think got that repealed?

So just because you're a loser craving attention, you have no right to criticize those who worked hard to keep the rights we have.

the NRA did support the NFA of 1934, in fact their president spolke to congress and stated the organization did not support the carrying of firearms

the NRA DID support the GCA of 68

the NRA did support the Bump stock ban.

the NRA also ackd the Federal Firearms act of 1938

the NRA is not our friend

I don't remember hearing a peep from the NRA when the executive order was signed banning bump stocks.
I've heard no updates from the NRAon the Constitutional carry bills in Texas or Louisiana

🦫

What is relevant is Wayne allegedly played with millions of members dollars on personal fun times.

Maybe if he would have been more into the sport of hunting, shooting, and personal defense, both he and the NRA wouldn’t be in this position.

Yes, I’ve been an NRA member since 1980. Life member of GOA and OFF in Oregon.

🦫
I dropped my membership years ago. I did not believe they were working for gun owners to lookout for all of our interest. WLP is looking out for himself, just like politicians. Two faced as hell, and does not give a schitd about the general gun owners and shooters. I went around with one NRA bigshot at the gun show. That is when the assult weapon ban was condoned by NRA.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

🦫

Likewise I won't say that I care that deeply about his salary. At some point, dollars could get high enough for that to effect things, but I don't see that as the main gripe. Again, what I mainly don't like is their willingness to compromise.
That's what made me quit 20 years ago. Fuuck the NRA.
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
That is when the assult weapon ban was condoned by NRA.

Condoned?

It was totally emasculated by the NRA. It banned nothing. If it wasn't for the NRA, it would be illegal to own "assault rifles" today, like in every other country. They don't have an NRA there.

And what about the stuff the NRA prevented from becoming law in the first place? Ever hear of "cop killer bullets?"
They duped ALOT of people for decades

WTF

Apparently 50 hours a week on the net helps you be and a$$hole.
There was zero money available to spend on re-electing Trump. It was at that point going to Wayne's law firm. NRA was busy laying off workers and firing any opposition to LaPierre to save money for legal costs. They couldn't help Heller and McDonald with their legal costs in the federal courts, cases which won the most important firearms rights victories ever but we can spend millions of $$ on Wayne and his troubles. Our NRA is spending a fortune defending the illegal sheit Wayne has been covering up for years with the acquiescence of his huge mostly sycophantic BOD.
Kenneth,

Are you up to speed now?

Or just stuffing cheese curds into your face?

Help Save the NRA

No hope there. Fire is different than retire! Time to take out the trash!!
Originally Posted by deflave
Kenneth,

Are you up to speed now?

Or just stuffing cheese curds into your face?

aww...you missed me, How cute.

And yes I do love me some cheese curds,

Given the choice, Jalapeno poppers.
It's not that I doubt you, but any links or facts on this matter? If true, I'd also have serious questions on this.
https://www.thetrace.org/2020/08/nra-2020-election-spending-trump/
A black man with a black banana,

YOU SOB.
A black man with a black banana,

YOU SOB.

Admit it. Your pecker moved a little.
Got a thank you note today for a $50 donation and asking for another 28, 37, 54 whatever. Sent it back with a note that when they fired Wayne LaPenisair I'd send $500
Wait a minute.....Bob Brown....and a brown man,

You're a slippery one...........
Originally Posted by Papag
Got a thank you note today for a $50 donation and asking for another 28, 37, 54 whatever. Sent it back with a note that when they fired Wayne LaPenisair I'd send $500

Where we at, 5 million members?

Who/how starts the WLP coup?

Consider me 'woke'.
Wait a minute.....Bob Brown....and a brown man,

You're a slippery one...........

Your sick mind did go straight to slippery after seeing Mandingo . I’ll pray for you
I think there was an emergency NRA board meeting. Any news?
No doubt the NRA has been disheveled, off target, some of the Board self-serving, wasteful of $$ and needing to toss WLP. The Board soon will have to do the latter - very soon as I see it. Bad as it looks, WLP is not the primary problem - he is a symbol of it. All of the gassing here about him is understandable, but almost meaningless.

The big question for me is whether or not the Board will suck it up, change policies that need such, knock off the internal buddy buddy and reward system and fully concentrate on the lobbying and power politics needed to protect our rights. They can do this with an honest look in the mirror and some guts. But, can that happen with the particular people on the Board at present? A lot of them were purpose-picked. Wholesale resignations/replacements may be the key. Do enough of them have the guts?
More info if you need any...

https://waronguns.blogspot.com/2021/05/best-laid-schemes-gang-aft-agley.html
© 24hourcampfire