Home
Posted By: thumbcocker new trucks - 04/30/21
New truck prices are beyond crazy. Some are the price of a house. I wonder if this chip thing is contrived to keep the prices high. Almost as bad as guns and ammo.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
All aspects of manufacturing are affected world wide.

My flatbed deckover gooseneck trailer I bought new 5 years ago for $9500 is selling for close to $20k now, if you can find them.

Tractor dealer inventory are slim to none. Implements are the same.

It's a huge global impact.

If you find something you want, you may not see it again for awhile.
Posted By: RJL53 Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Not a problem since buying a new truck is about as stupid as buying lottery tickets.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
New truck prices are beyond crazy. Some are the price of a house. I wonder if this chip thing is contrived to keep the prices high. Almost as bad as guns and ammo.

Looking right now. Plenty on the used market for under $20k.

Ext cab, half ton, 4wd with 60k or less miles.

Does all I need of a truck.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by RJL53
Not a problem since buying a new truck is about as stupid as buying lottery tickets.

Unless you put a schitt load of miles on one.

The 0% interest rate on most new offsets the savings of low mileage used.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Stuff is expensive.

I'm sitting in a truck waiting for a train to cross the highway.

Just loaded 14 ton of fertilizer.

$8750.

Looking at a ticket from last May, same load was $6188.

Should have pre-bought way sooner.

Just glad we didn't sell all the wheat, grain market is going crazy lately.

Speaking of cars, local Ford dealer's used lot is empty.

Quite a few pickups but no SUV's or cars.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
How much do you want to bet that once this pandemic is over, the prices still won't drop to anything close to pre-pandemic levels.

I forget what the term for it is (something-something window), where you're first shocked by something, but then it's only incrementally ratcheted back and you accept it, because it's not as bad as it could have been.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
It's all fugked up
Its why I bought my like new KING RANCH SUPER DUTY when I found the one I wanted. LMAO
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

No, not always.
Posted By: 1minute Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
And there will probably be 1% inflation kick up on Social Security for 2022. A 1,500 home down the street two lots was just put on the market for $425,000. Homes are moving in one to two days around here. Mine is 1000 square feet larger, but I can't talk the wife into selling.
Posted By: Dutch Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Try buying a semi truck right now... none available until 2022, not a Peterbilt, not a Freightliner, Volvo, Mack, Western Star, or a Kenworth. Nothing. Freightliner has even taken the software away from the salespeople so they can’t even put orders in AT ALL.

I do know that Ford has parked pickups all over the place, waiting only for the chips to complete them and ship them.
Posted By: K1500 Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

You obviously haven’t shopped used trucks lately.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
The only way new trucks are affordable to Joe average, is as a business write off! All others are buying them, to show the other guys their short comings!
Originally Posted by Heym06
The only way new trucks are affordable to Joe average, is as a business write off! All others are buying them, to show the other guys their short comings!

Some of us buy a pickup to work out of. Guess mine's not considered new anymore... smile

BTW... EVERYBODY drives a used pickup.
Originally Posted by 1minute
And there will probably be 1% inflation kick up on Social Security for 2022. A 1,500 home down the street two lots was just put on the market for $425,000. Homes are moving in one to two days around here. Mine is 1000 square feet larger, but I can't talk the wife into selling.

1% inflation in the last year is ALMOST as laughable as Sleepy Joe winning the election. ALMOST

There is NO FUGKING WAY that loser, pedophile, geriatric BOOMER won that shat
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Some of us buy a pickup to work out of. Guess mine's not considered new anymore... smile

You're in the Shortcomings category
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

Posted By: strikeu Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
used diesel truck market is a total zoo. I just sold my 2015 RAM 2500 4wd with Cummins 6.7. I put it on marketplace, had 3 people and a dealership wanting it within a day. sold it to the first guy for full asking price. no questions. he bought it based on a video I sent him from my phone.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Compared to you, I look like that black cock dude you posted up awhile back.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

Bought a new 2019 Ram diesel 1 ton at the end of 2019. Drove it until a month ago, worked it pretty good. Walked into a local dealer and offered to sell it to them a month ago. I paid 45k for it new. Drove it for a year and a half, sold it to a Chevy dealer for 46k. Explain to me how I lost.
Posted By: K1500 Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Bought a new 2500 in 2017. I have been offered 3k more on trade then I paid. At the time I bough it, used trucks were only a couple of grand less than a new one with 3-4 years of age, 30-60 thousand on the clock, and no warranty. Plus...insurance was cheaper on the new one and it had a full warranty. But..buying a new truck is dumb because that’s what pappy told me 30 years ago.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

My 2019 ram Laramie stickered for $59,000. They had some crazy rebates and dealer incentives in June of 2019 so I bought it new for $39,600. I was getting the oil changed the other day and the manager at the dealership came and asked me how many miles I had on it now. I said only 8000, I don't use it much since I sold off most of my rental homes. He said he would give me $45,000 for it right now. He said he could sell it for $48,000 by the end of the day.

I also bought a new GMC 1500 all terrain in 2014 for $33,500 when it stickered for $51,000. I drove it for 2 years and put 30,000 miles on it and then sold it for $35,000 to a dealership.

I've tried to buy when there are really good deals rather than wait until I need a new one. People always give me hard time and say why did you buy a new truck when your other was fine. I tell them because the deals were great that month.

My BIL gave me a hard time sometimes. I kept telling him to replace his Honda Odyssey when there was some good deals. He waited until his had a major breakdown on an out of state family trip. He ended up getting nothing on trade and paying $10,000 more than the deal I found him 6 months earlier. Plus the vacation was ruined while they waited for them to try to fix the old van and he had a big bill for pulling the transmission.

I've tried the older cheaper vehicle route and spent a lot on repairs. Now I just buy new vehicles when there's a good deal and try to be out of them before the warranty is up. I won't be getting a new truck this year though because their are no deals.

Bb

Compared to you, I look like that black cock dude you posted up awhile back.

You are still fiery and will take up for yourself so there's hope.

That's Kingston and 100% Kingston associated with Mr BLACK DONG pics.......

Word is slumlord won't stop bugging Kingston for new pics of the black fella
Posted By: strikeu Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

My 2019 ram Laramie stickered for $59,000. They had some crazy rebates and dealer incentives in June of 2019 so I bought it new for $39,600. I was getting the oil changed the other day and the manager at the dealership came and asked me how many miles I had on it now. I said only 8000, I don't use it much since I sold off most of my rental homes. He said he would give me $45,000 for it right now. He said he could sell it for $48,000 by the end of the day.

I also bought a new GMC 1500 all terrain in 2014 for $33,500 when it stickered for $51,000. I drove it for 2 years and put 30,000 miles on it and then sold it for $35,000 to a dealership.

I've tried to buy when there are really good deals rather than wait until I need a new one. People always give me hard time and say why did you buy a new truck when your other was fine. I tell them because the deals were great that month.

My BIL gave me a hard time sometimes. I kept telling him to replace his Honda Odyssey when there was some good deals. He waited until his had a major breakdown on an out of state family trip. He ended up getting nothing on trade and paying $10,000 more than the deal I found him 6 months earlier. Plus the vacation was ruined while they waited for them to try to fix the old van and he had a big bill for pulling the transmission.

I've tried the older cheaper vehicle route and spent a lot on repairs. Now I just buy new vehicles when there's a good deal and try to be out of them before the warranty is up. I won't be getting a new truck this year though because their are no deals.

Bb

email me when the deals are really good, LOL. I have tried to do just that but I apparently don't spend enough time doing research. seriously.
Posted By: coobie Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
Don't fret Biden will fix all of this bad chit.. crazy
Posted By: Heym06 Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

If you are working out of your truck, and not depreciating, said truck, your throwing money away.
Biden got the back of the trans sexuals. LMAO
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
My silverado is a 2016. Dealer told me he would give me what I paid for it.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: new trucks - 04/30/21

I bought a new Chebby 19 years ago today.....

4x4 2500HD gasser.......sleeping in the garage w/130K miles on as we speak.......

Have at least 6 people in waiting till I die.......good luck.......

I buy used trucks now......as in this '03 Lexus LX

Rear bumper in my buddy's weld/fab shop being built

Front steel bumper still on the boat from Australia

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you are working out of your truck, and not depreciating, said truck, your throwing money away.

I don't depreciate anything. I leave that all to my accountant. He knows his stuff. wink
Posted By: smithrjd Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
The market for trucks (and most anything else) is nuts right now. Son's daily driver puked. He had been looking at trucks but wanted to wait. Now he is in a bad situation. He found a 2019 Colorado ZR2 with 11K for $43K.. Certified, told him unfortunately that is a decent price in todays market. About what it was sold for in 2019.. My current truck is a 2014 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4X4 Z71 long bed diesel crewcab. Dealer has been hounding me to sell it. 41K miles. Offering what I paid for it.. What, 7 years ago... Planning on keeping it. LOL. Selling my home, and moving into retirement. Already bought the new home. Being told my current house will sell in three days for over asking. Asking is way more than I initially thought. I was thinking 500K but will be closer to 600K. Not a good time to be buying.

I don't depreciate anything. I leave that all to my accountant. He knows his stuff. wink

You're either depreciating or paying alot of cash in on taxes

Again.

My accountant does the depreciating. There's lots besides my pickups he's working his magic with.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
$$
Posted By: ctsmith Re: new trucks - 04/30/21
My perspective is completely opposite. Now is the time to trade for a new truck. Just traded trucks today. 2014 Chevy 1500 with 170k miles brought $24,000 in trade. Got a 2021 with a fleet rebate of over $5k and the dealer knocked some off on top of that.
Trade for one with under 60k miles

Dont take their first or second offer
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Car lots are thin, you’re going to pretty much pay sticker price on anything new. It might be late 2022 until the inventory gets back to normal. My wife bought a new Mustang, because used prices were stupid. I got about 2% off sticker. First car I’ve bought new that wasn’t a leftover with good rebates, but she didn’t want to wait another year. She’s thrilled, which is good because it was expensive.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: new trucks - 05/01/21

Again.

My accountant does the depreciating. There's lots besides my pickups he's working his magic with.

With your finances, retard. LMAO
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: new trucks - 05/01/21

laugh laugh laugh
#BUYAFORD
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Printing fake money and then dumping a trillion or so into the economy is nothing more than good ole free market capitalism.
Originally Posted by Oldman3

laugh laugh laugh

HE DONT KNOW WHAT WORK is
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Printing fake money and then dumping a trillion or so into the economy is nothing more than good ole free market capitalism.

That should be illegal. Therein lies the problem.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: new trucks - 05/01/21

That should be illegal. Therein lies the problem.

Simple supply and demand.

Milton Friedman would be proud.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Car lots are thin, you’re going to pretty much pay sticker price on anything new. It might be late 2022 until the inventory gets back to normal. My wife bought a new Mustang, because used prices were stupid. I got about 2% off sticker. First car I’ve bought new that wasn’t a leftover with good rebates, but she didn’t want to wait another year. She’s thrilled, which is good because it was expensive.

If Mama aint happy..... You aint happy!
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Been looking for a 2020 gm with the 6.6 gas engine, used trucks are as high as new one.
Just want a WT or Custom or maybe an LT.
Big jump between Custom and the LT Chevrolet.
Ronnie
Fugk a lowlife employee (probably 50% reading here)
Posted By: Wideopen Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Originally Posted by gsganzer
How much do you want to bet that once this pandemic is over, the prices still won't drop to anything close to pre-pandemic levels.

I forget what the term for it is (something-something window), where you're first shocked by something, but then it's only incrementally ratcheted back and you accept it, because it's not as bad as it could have been.

I was wondering that exact same thing a couple of days ago. I was going to build a small pole barn this summer but thought I'd wait until material prices got back to "normal." I'm now a lot less certain about that happening.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Originally Posted by Wideopen

I was wondering that exact same thing a couple of days ago. I was going to build a small pole barn this summer but thought I'd wait until material prices got back to "normal." I'm now a lot less certain about that happening.

Somehow I’m starting to think these prices are here to stay. Everything is more expensive now, except money.
Posted By: Jungleland Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
I read that 25% of all dollars in existence have been created in the last six months or so. This won't end well. 25% more dollars chasing the same amount of goods.

Also saw where Ford has 22000 F150's built and waiting for chips. Been looking at used vehicles online for some time. Absolutely no deals unless you want a Chevy Bolt. May have to check on it's tow rating.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Its why I bought my like new KING RANCH SUPER DUTY when I found the one I wanted. LMAO

Yep. That IS hilarious.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Need to build a garage/shed. It is scary. I was planning on $50K might be much more.... Supply and Demand. Nothing new, despite what ever the new school economist's say. It's worth what you are willing to pay for it.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
I’ll keep limping along in my 20 year old clap traps. At least for a while.
Was actually just looking at cams, heads, and headers for the 6 liter Jimmy.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
And if you think trucks are bad, look at boats.

There’s folks out there paying $150k plus for glorified saltwater bass boats. 🤪
Posted By: smithrjd Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Damn, I what a boat as well....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
All aspects of manufacturing are affected world wide.

My flatbed deckover gooseneck trailer I bought new 5 years ago for $9500 is selling for close to $20k now, if you can find them.

Tractor dealer inventory are slim to none. Implements are the same.

It's a huge global impact.

If you find something you want, you may not see it again for awhile.

Checked the price of an inground pool lately?
Posted By: Mike70560 Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
A month ago I bought a Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 diesel. $57,000 plus tax, with most options. N the plus side I got more for my 2012 F250 than expected. Very happy with the AT4. It is my first 1/2 ton since 1999. Been driving F250 FX4s

I am traveling more and not pulling anything over 9000 pounds and could not justify the additional cost for a 3/4 ton.

I ordered a 40 by 60 by 16 shop today after putting I t off for two years. Regret not doing it earlier. Steel is ridiculously expensive.
Originally Posted by Mike70560
A month ago I bought a Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 diesel. $57,000 plus tax, with most options. N the plus side I got more for my 2012 F250 than expected. Very happy with the AT4. It is my first 1/2 ton since 1999. Been driving F250 FX4s

I am traveling more and not pulling anything over 9000 pounds and could not justify the additional cost for a 3/4 ton.

I ordered a 40 by 60 by 16 shop today after putting I t off for two years. Regret not doing it earlier. Steel is ridiculously expensive.

Chinee steel even less expensive soon.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
I spent some time shopping new trucks last winter. The factory (Dodge or GM) claims they still build 3/4 or 1 ton 400+ HP gas 4WD trucks with standard cab at just over $40K.

But you can not find anything like that on the lots. I spotted a couple a very long way away.

Fortunately I stumbled across a 2001 GMC 4x4 2500HD with 135K on it. It has the 6.0, 4L80E, 4.10 gears, and already had Firestone airbags to help it carry the 8.5 foot Lance cab over camper.

We paid $5K and I just wrote a $1000 check to the mechanic to replace a couple broken exhaust manifold bolts and check out the rest of the rig. So yep $6K and its interest free too.

It should do everything I need it to do for as long as I am capable of driving a vehicle down the road.

That is, unless Biden, Obama, and company outlaw the production or consumption of gasoline. But hell, if they do that, I won't be taking the jet boat out anyway.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
Lower production because of COVID restrictions, plus higher cost of everything, plus low gas prices during Trump's 4 years created a perfect storm. Used truck market is worse, for buyers right now. About 3 years ago, if I tried to sell a 7 year old truck similar to mine, I would have gotten about $15k for it. Right now people have similar trucks on Craigslist here for over $25k. That's why I may sell mine asap before the commies push gas prices much higher.
Posted By: Terryk Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
The "good" Toyota dealer has a used 2017 Tundra with 121K miles for 33K I think. That is insane.
I was thinking of trading my 2018 4Runner on a new 4Runner just to see what the trade value is.
In my area used trucks and SUVs are very sparse.

https://www.bobbyrahaltoyotaoflewistown.com/used-inventory/index.htm?make=Toyota&model=Tundra

5.7L i-Force V8 DOHC 32V LEV Engine
6-Speed Automatic Electronic with Overdrive
121,179 miles
13/17 mpg City/Hwy
Gray Exterior
Graphite Interior
Stock #: BP2019
Dealer Notes: 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax $32,890
Posted By: EdM Re: new trucks - 05/01/21
My son recently bought a 2018 F-150 with the smaller rear cab, 6 1/2' bed, 5 liter Coyote, 3.73 rear and the ten speed. It is one up from the base model (XLT?) and had 14k miles in mint condition short of a very scratched up (paint) bed that he will have lined. He gave $32 OTD which I thought was a fair price. Pretty capable half ton.
I'm sticking with 2019 4Runner, thank you.
Originally Posted by Terryk
The "good" Toyota dealer has a used 2017 Tundra with 121K miles for 33K I think. That is insane.
I was thinking of trading my 2018 4Runner on a new 4Runner just to see what the trade value is.
In my area used trucks and SUVs are very sparse.

https://www.bobbyrahaltoyotaoflewistown.com/used-inventory/index.htm?make=Toyota&model=Tundra

5.7L i-Force V8 DOHC 32V LEV Engine
6-Speed Automatic Electronic with Overdrive
121,179 miles
13/17 mpg City/Hwy
Gray Exterior
Graphite Interior
Stock #: BP2019
Dealer Notes: 2017 Toyota Tundra Limited CrewMax $32,890

I'm sticking with my 2019 4Runner, thank you.

Paid it off a couple weeks ago.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: new trucks - 05/01/21

I leave mine to my accountant also! Just saying!
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: new trucks - 05/02/21
I am going to buy a new truck in the next year. I want one that is almost new when I retire.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: new trucks - 05/02/21
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Wideopen

Somehow I’m starting to think these prices are here to stay. Everything is more expensive now, except money.

That’s part of the problem. Folks still believe the price of consumables is going up. It’s not. The purchasing power (value) of the currency you’re paying with is going down. Fiat currency is a ponzi scheme.

The U.S. will have a universal basic income inside two years max. We’ll also have a digital currency, which will be the second to last step in our total enslavement. The last step will be the end of private ownership of firearms.
“Stimulus” checks are to condition the average citizen to accept this.
Look how many so called conservatives on here were all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming their way. There are very few things that happen in this world, that aren’t by design.
Posted By: Ruger4Life Re: new trucks - 05/02/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain

The U.S. will have a universal basic income inside two years max. We’ll also have a digital currency, which will be the second to last step in our total enslavement. The last step will be the end of private ownership of firearms.
Look how many so called conservatives on here we’re all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming there way. There are very few things that happen in this world that aren’t by design.

Completely accurate. That’s the “plan”; yet dumb libtard communists on this forum seem oblivious/or complicit. We are witnessing in real-time mass mind-control of the sheeple. Reality is coming for you ignorant, dumbed-down folks like a freight train, and there is nothing you can do to stop it
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life

Look how many so called conservatives on here we’re all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming there way. There are very few things that happen in this world that aren’t by design.

Completely accurate. That’s the “plan”; yet dumb libtard communists on this forum seem oblivious/or complicit. We are witnessing in real-time mass mind-control of the sheeple. Reality is coming for you ignorant, dumbed-down folks like a freight train, and there is nothing you can do to stop it

Sadly, I agree. Some of us will fight it, and get chewed up in the meat grinder. Dark days ahead for this world.

The gas station guy in No country for old men was right.
You can’t stop what’s coming.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: new trucks - 05/02/21

Look how many so called conservatives on here were all a flitter at the prospect of “free” money coming their way. There are very few things that happen in this world, that aren’t by design.

This is the real reason things haven't opened back up. At first, the Dems opposed any travel restrictions or lock downs of any kind because they had to oppose anything Trump ever did or said. But then, they realized what a commie gift they received in a crisis that could be exploited. Ever since, you can't get any of them to let up on the strangle hold. All they're doing is conditioning people that any time anything bad happens, Big Brother comes to the rescue. Next, the stimulus checks will simply become a new entitlement. You watch, if things start going too well, I guarantee, there will be some major "setback" out of nowhere, to prolong the sheep dependency training on the government.
Posted By: cruzerbotz Re: new trucks - 05/02/21
Prices are crazy. I bought my 2018 Tundra SR5 4WD CrewMax in July, 2019 and it had only 10,000 miles on it. Paid $35K for it. Hadn't even thought about another truck since then. This thread got me curious and DAMN!!! Same truck I have is now going used, with about the same mileage I have on it, for $43K to $45K. Won't be getting rid of this one as it does everything I need, including pulling my 26' travel trailer.
Posted By: kingston Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
I just sold a 4.5 year old 2500HD High County Duramax with 45k on it for $3k less than I paid for it. I had multiple dealers fighting over it. The truck was far from perfect. I wouldn't have felt right selling it to an individual. I wanted it gone. I'm done with GM trucks.
Posted By: K1500 Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
Kingston, if you don’t mind can you fill me in on what was wrong with the Duramax? I just traded my 2011 LML for a gasser and was curious what your troubles were.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
At least a few of the guys here still drive trucks. Most of them have to Google it.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
They say there is a chip shortage that delays cars and trucks being built.

I have worked at Boeing electronic suppliers (5+) times and worked at BOEING (2) times.

If Boeing was behind in a plane development schedule, they would not say that to the news.
Boeing would say that one of our suppliers is holding us up.

After seeing that from the inside... I would be skeptical about the chip shortage.
Posted By: kingston Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
Originally Posted by K1500
Kingston, if you don’t mind can you fill me in on what was wrong with the Duramax? I just traded my 2011 LML for a gasser and was curious what your troubles were.

The Duramax wasn't the issue. The wax frame coating started coming off in year one. They refused to fix it right. The truck was rusting like crazy. They're designed to rot out. I'm a third generation GM truck guy, but after how they handled this and my issues with warranty service on an LBZ, I'm done with GM. I still have the LBZ, but the F350 I bought a year and a half ago is so much more truck. GM is out to screw the customer. They farm the customer. OnStar and their data collection practices are all the evidence one needs.

I tow heavy a lot, so a gasser isn't appealing. The rusting 2016 Duramax paled in comparison to my tuned LBZ and the 2019 6.7 Powerstroke.
Thanks for your post.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: new trucks - 05/03/21

Add in reduced manufacturing production and you have a recipe
that has brought down multiple nations in the last 100 years.
Posted By: killerv Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
Originally Posted by Mike70560

I bought a 2020 at4 5.3 last september, Rear window on order currently due to leak, but who knows when the window will arrive. Be on the lookout for the leak, its not a matter of if but when. Replacing the rear window may or may not fix it, supposedly the rear spoiler bolts are waterproofed well and water gets in that way also. I got mine for 52800 plus tax. It has full tech package, alert ii package, trailering package, everything but the power side steps.

I was on my dealers site this AM and a truck just like mine with 24k miles is listed at $59k. Crazy.

I could sell mine for more than I paid...but I couldn't replace it easily.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: new trucks - 05/03/21
Originally Posted by kingston

The Duramax wasn't the issue. The wax frame coating started coming off in year one. They refused to fix it right. The truck was rusting like crazy. They're designed to rot out. I'm a third generation GM truck guy, but after how they handled this and my issues with warranty service on an LBZ, I'm done with GM. I still have the LBZ, but the F350 I bought a year and a half ago is so much more truck. GM is out to screw the customer. They farm the customer. OnStar and their data collection practices are all the evidence one needs.

I tow heavy a lot, so a gasser isn't appealing. The rusting 2016 Duramax paled in comparison to my tuned LBZ and the 2019 6.7 Powerstroke.

Have you modded the new 6.7 Powerstroke?
Posted By: kingston Re: new trucks - 05/09/21
I haven't, mostly because it doesn't seem like the resources are as accessible as they once were.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: new trucks - 05/09/21
Why do you need to put air bags on a new 3/4 ton truck to haul anything? Are they cheapened out too?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: new trucks - 05/09/21
Originally Posted by 1minute

Where would you go if you sold 1minute?
Posted By: Whiptail Re: new trucks - 05/09/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Add in reduced manufacturing production and you have a recipe
that has brought down multiple nations in the last 100 years.

More like 6 trillion and Biden wants to dump in several more.

Posted By: kingston Re: new trucks - 05/10/21
Why do you need to put air bags on a new 3/4 ton truck to haul anything? Are they cheapened out too?

My F350 doesn't need airbags and I definitely hauls some shït.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: new trucks - 05/10/21
F350's are the most badass pickup on the planet.

No contest.
Posted By: Dre Re: new trucks - 05/10/21

My next ram 2500 cummins will get the factory air bags.
I’m not towing 100% of the time so the comfy ride is nice to have when empty and bags to help out to level the heavy load since I have coil springs on the rear.
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: new trucks - 05/10/21

3/4 not 1 ton.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: new trucks - 05/10/21

Ha! How true! From one of my favorite movies.
Posted By: irfubar Re: new trucks - 05/10/21

3/4 not 1 ton.

A 3/4 ton with a diesel has a surprisingly small payload capacity.... not a very good truck for hauling heavy loads, towing heavy loads yes, just watch the pin / tongue weight
Posted By: thumbcocker Re: new trucks - 05/11/21
My neighbor has an F-250 gas engine. Hauling or pulling doesn't matter. Has air bags on it now.
Posted By: Redneck Re: new trucks - 05/11/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson
F350's are the most badass pickup on the planet.

No contest.
laugh Well, maybe - but this is badder-asser :

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
© 24hourcampfire