Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by RJL53
Not a problem since buying a new truck is about as stupid as buying lottery tickets.

Bought a new 2019 Ram diesel 1 ton at the end of 2019. Drove it until a month ago, worked it pretty good. Walked into a local dealer and offered to sell it to them a month ago. I paid 45k for it new. Drove it for a year and a half, sold it to a Chevy dealer for 46k. Explain to me how I lost.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought a new 2500 in 2017. I have been offered 3k more on trade then I paid. At the time I bough it, used trucks were only a couple of grand less than a new one with 3-4 years of age, 30-60 thousand on the clock, and no warranty. Plus...insurance was cheaper on the new one and it had a full warranty. But..buying a new truck is dumb because that’s what pappy told me 30 years ago.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Not a problem since buying a new truck is about as stupid as buying lottery tickets.

My 2019 ram Laramie stickered for $59,000. They had some crazy rebates and dealer incentives in June of 2019 so I bought it new for $39,600. I was getting the oil changed the other day and the manager at the dealership came and asked me how many miles I had on it now. I said only 8000, I don't use it much since I sold off most of my rental homes. He said he would give me $45,000 for it right now. He said he could sell it for $48,000 by the end of the day.

I also bought a new GMC 1500 all terrain in 2014 for $33,500 when it stickered for $51,000. I drove it for 2 years and put 30,000 miles on it and then sold it for $35,000 to a dealership.

I've tried to buy when there are really good deals rather than wait until I need a new one. People always give me hard time and say why did you buy a new truck when your other was fine. I tell them because the deals were great that month.

My BIL gave me a hard time sometimes. I kept telling him to replace his Honda Odyssey when there was some good deals. He waited until his had a major breakdown on an out of state family trip. He ended up getting nothing on trade and paying $10,000 more than the deal I found him 6 months earlier. Plus the vacation was ruined while they waited for them to try to fix the old van and he had a big bill for pulling the transmission.

I've tried the older cheaper vehicle route and spent a lot on repairs. Now I just buy new vehicles when there's a good deal and try to be out of them before the warranty is up. I won't be getting a new truck this year though because their are no deals.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/30/21.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Heym06
The only way new trucks are affordable to Joe average, is as a business write off! All others are buying them, to show the other guys their short comings!

Some of us buy a pickup to work out of. Guess mine's not considered new anymore... smile

BTW... EVERYBODY drives a used pickup.

You're in the Shortcomings category

Compared to you, I look like that black cock dude you posted up awhile back.

You are still fiery and will take up for yourself so there's hope.

That's Kingston and 100% Kingston associated with Mr BLACK DONG pics.......

Word is slumlord won't stop bugging Kingston for new pics of the black fella

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

My 2019 ram Laramie stickered for $59,000. They had some crazy rebates and dealer incentives in June of 2019 so I bought it new for $39,600. I was getting the oil changed the other day and the manager at the dealership came and asked me how many miles I had on it now. I said only 8000, I don't use it much since I sold off most of my rental homes. He said he would give me $45,000 for it right now. He said he could sell it for $48,000 by the end of the day.

I also bought a new GMC 1500 all terrain in 2014 for $33,500 when it stickered for $51,000. I drove it for 2 years and put 30,000 miles on it and then sold it for $35,000 to a dealership.

I've tried to buy when there are really good deals rather than wait until I need a new one. People always give me hard time and say why did you buy a new truck when your other was fine. I tell them because the deals were great that month.

My BIL gave me a hard time sometimes. I kept telling him to replace his Honda Odyssey when there was some good deals. He waited until his had a major breakdown on an out of state family trip. He ended up getting nothing on trade and paying $10,000 more than the deal I found him 6 months earlier. Plus the vacation was ruined while they waited for them to try to fix the old van and he had a big bill for pulling the transmission.

I've tried the older cheaper vehicle route and spent a lot on repairs. Now I just buy new vehicles when there's a good deal and try to be out of them before the warranty is up. I won't be getting a new truck this year though because their are no deals.

Bb

email me when the deals are really good, LOL. I have tried to do just that but I apparently don't spend enough time doing research. seriously.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't fret Biden will fix all of this bad chit.. crazy

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The only way new trucks are affordable to Joe average, is as a business write off! All others are buying them, to show the other guys their short comings!

Some of us buy a pickup to work out of. Guess mine's not considered new anymore... smile

If you are working out of your truck, and not depreciating, said truck, your throwing money away.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Biden got the back of the trans sexuals. LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
My silverado is a 2016. Dealer told me he would give me what I paid for it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I bought a new Chebby 19 years ago today.....

4x4 2500HD gasser.......sleeping in the garage w/130K miles on as we speak.......

Have at least 6 people in waiting till I die.......good luck.......

I buy used trucks now......as in this '03 Lexus LX

Rear bumper in my buddy's weld/fab shop being built

Front steel bumper still on the boat from Australia

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

If you are working out of your truck, and not depreciating, said truck, your throwing money away.

I don't depreciate anything. I leave that all to my accountant. He knows his stuff. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The market for trucks (and most anything else) is nuts right now. Son's daily driver puked. He had been looking at trucks but wanted to wait. Now he is in a bad situation. He found a 2019 Colorado ZR2 with 11K for $43K.. Certified, told him unfortunately that is a decent price in todays market. About what it was sold for in 2019.. My current truck is a 2014 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4X4 Z71 long bed diesel crewcab. Dealer has been hounding me to sell it. 41K miles. Offering what I paid for it.. What, 7 years ago... Planning on keeping it. LOL. Selling my home, and moving into retirement. Already bought the new home. Being told my current house will sell in three days for over asking. Asking is way more than I initially thought. I was thinking 500K but will be closer to 600K. Not a good time to be buying.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I don't depreciate anything. I leave that all to my accountant. He knows his stuff. wink

You're either depreciating or paying alot of cash in on taxes

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Again.

My accountant does the depreciating. There's lots besides my pickups he's working his magic with.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$$

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
My perspective is completely opposite. Now is the time to trade for a new truck. Just traded trucks today. 2014 Chevy 1500 with 170k miles brought $24,000 in trade. Got a 2021 with a fleet rebate of over $5k and the dealer knocked some off on top of that.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Trade for one with under 60k miles

Dont take their first or second offer

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Car lots are thin, you’re going to pretty much pay sticker price on anything new. It might be late 2022 until the inventory gets back to normal. My wife bought a new Mustang, because used prices were stupid. I got about 2% off sticker. First car I’ve bought new that wasn’t a leftover with good rebates, but she didn’t want to wait another year. She’s thrilled, which is good because it was expensive.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Again.

My accountant does the depreciating. There's lots besides my pickups he's working his magic with.

With your finances, retard. LMAO

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

laugh laugh laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (30incher, 3040Krag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 48 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,037
Posts18,521,005
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.