Home
My father-in-law, and his brother both did?

Ever date, or marry a school teacher?
Not since high school...
Yes - Married an English teacher 49 yrs ago April 23rd.
Best thing ever happened to me.
Old Cuss
Congratulations!
My grandpa did, about 90 or so years ago. Grandma was boarding on their farm.
During hard times, many school teachers put food on the table while the husband struggled with a business.
I was married to a 1st grade teacher for almost 31 years. Some of the best years of my life. She gave me 4 wonderful kids and I now have 11 grandkids. We divorced about 10 years ago. I was devastated and totally blindsided by the divorce. She had no desire to try to work things out and totally withdrew into herself. The last couple years we were together, it seemed like we were 2 strangers living under the same roof. Almost like roommates, rather than being married. We've both moved on and now I'm with a wonderful woman. My ex has been married twice since our divorce and when I see her she seems so sad. Almost like the light has gone out of her.
I married one then years later divorced her. She was one hateful and crazy beotch.
When I was in high school, in tenth grade I was taking Geometry. Had a good looking young blonde teacher named Miss Rossiter. She was a good teacher.
She was our teacher for Fall Quarter. We took two weeks off for Christmas, and when we went back to school on January 3, Miss Rossiter was gone! Had some new guy for a teacher.
Turned out, there in Fall Quarter Miss Rossiter had been "dating" a senior football player named Doug Waters. I was in the locker room all that fall with Doug, I mean I was a 14 year old kid, 5-8 and 135 pounds, this guy looked like somebody on the Atlanta Falcons he was 6-4 and 235, had a big five oclock shadow and he looked like he was 22 years old. Miss Rossiter was 21 years old. I think Doug, in hindsight, might have been actually older than the teacher, our football coach was known to cheat a little bit at times.

At any rate, the story was that a few days before Christmas, the Principal and Vice Principal called Miss Rossiter into the office, and told her they knew what was going on, and advised her that her best bet was to resign and leave the state. And, she did.

I don't think Doug married her.
Ewww yuck, they were all 70+ yrs old
honest truth, I did not have ONE female teacher that was even close. I had 5 Male teachers and 2 female. 1 female was clearly a lesbian (looking back now), and one was afflicted beyond walking (but a good teacher).

Now, when I was in the fifth grade there was one....but that was in 1977. so. No. No hooking up for me.
A few teachers through the years have married farmers, but the real catch was the freshly graduated college female extension agents. When a new one was assigned to my home town all the young eligible bachelors would all the sudden need to go to the extension office for "umm" business.
Married a music teacher. That was 49 3/4 years ago. Be Well, RZ.
While a senior in college i dated the high school’s french teacher, if only fives years older than me. Does that count? Great girl, smart as a whip - God she was a smart and beautiful young woman. She spoke native-fluency norwegian and french. Was a great year but had a lot on my plate and getting stacked higher, while she was kind of lost in life and teaching because it was available and easy for her, but she was unhappy with it and didn’t know what she actually wanted to do. Depression issues she hid well. It scared me off, but in retrospect, may have been wrong. Do hope she’s happy somewhere.
Originally Posted by Utahunter
I was married to a 1st grade teacher for almost 31 years. Some of the best years of my life. She gave me 4 wonderful kids and I now have 11 grandkids. We divorced about 10 years ago. I was devastated and totally blindsided by the divorce. She had no desire to try to work things out and totally withdrew into herself. The last couple years we were together, it seemed like we were 2 strangers living under the same roof. Almost like roommates, rather than being married. We've both moved on and now I'm with a wonderful woman. My ex has been married twice since our divorce and when I see her she seems so sad. Almost like the light has gone out of her.

They will do that you know.
I married a school marm. I had to wait 3 years for her to graduate, though. We got married and she got the job about the same time.
I'm not married to a teacher, but my wife is. Just sayin...
Originally Posted by MAC
I'm not married to a teacher, but my wife is. Just sayin...

Is he a decent guy?
How was she “marred”? Mud, blood, ball bat? But, more importantly why mar the poor dear?
Do college professors count?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ewww yuck, they were all 70+ yrs old

Yeah no kidding.

They hated me too.
My grandpa married the schoolmarm and she retired to start a family. My great uncle married her replacement. Those were the times - schoolmarms were one of the few sources of young women entering a sparse community.
Perhaps Richard should have spent more time with his studies and less time "marring" ever one.
My ex taught for a while.
Was not a teacher when we met.

Just a job IMHO.
Most of em liberals that cant do much.
Hence the teaching.
Had one that some of my friends and I shared.

She was batschit crazy but not what you'd call a hottie.
She was 22 or 23 years old at the time and was working in the library as a intern or assistant or something of that order.

She was good for alchohol, blow_jobs and pot and she had a car.
At the time we all thought that she was pretty cool but we were all 13 and 14 years old and attending the Junior High school where she worked.
We didn't know any better, anything that was warm and wiggled was OK by us.

I don't think she ruined anyone's life that I knew of but if a guy would've been fool enough to marry her she sure as hell would have.
Hutterietes
All my teachers hated me.
WTH is a school marm? Some kind of sub-set of teacher?
Originally Posted by oldcuss
Yes - Married an English teacher 49 yrs ago April 23rd.
Best thing ever happened to me.
Old Cuss

You got married on the day I was born, lol
Never heard of a marm before. I dated a lot of teachers and RN’s during my single adult years.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Never heard of a marm before. I dated a lot of teachers and RN’s during my single adult years.

It’s a common term for skools with enrollments of under 20 persons and/or 1 arnold the pig star pupil.

That durn pig, always settin the curve.
Originally Posted by deflave

92,401 posts?

They could tell you were going to be a talker way back then.
Wasn't a chance of you gettin' no school marm pussy or beer.
Originally Posted by JeffA

92,401 posts?

They could tell you were going to be a talker way back then.
Wasn't a chance of you gettin' no school marm pussy or beer.

Not defending deflave or that he needs to be defended but usually the talkers do get the most pussy and beer. Need to Google marms and arnold the pig in the morning.
I talk a lot and women tend to adore me.

Teachers don’t because teachers are stupid.
My sister in law (a teacher) divorced her first husband (also a teacher) because he was messing around with one of his students, whom he later married. She must have been at least a bit intrigued with it, because she soon married one of her recent students. Yup, she's nuts, but at least they didn't have kids.
I had to tune in to see how a school warm was marred....

You talk a lot because you’re a woman.

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

Everyone has figured out that you and kingston fugk.

So stop trying so hard.
I did. Quite a few actually.
Mostly non-sexual and not very romantic, but that's something I have discussed with a few friends a few time. You see, when I was discharged from the USMC I took contract jobs with DOD and you could say I was the polar opposite of what liberals were brain washed to believe. I was recruited by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Administration) and NSAR (National Search and Rescue) to co-author a manual and curriculum for instruction for wilderness/disaster survival instructors at both Federal and State levels and because of that connection I shared time and rooms with other teachers in various collage campuses in Nevada and California. In doing that, I met and got to know a lot of different teachers from around central Cal and also Reno, Carson City and Las Vegas Nevada.
So I was and I guess I still am about as "right wing" as you can get. I had those core values then and I still do, and in my 30s I very much looked the part too. As one of them said "He looks like the poster child for a Marine Corp recruiting ad.
Liberalism was not as rabid in California then, but it was absolutely the "enlightened way to think" and keeping a job in "education" without parroting the lines was very difficult . So nearly all the teachers were outspoken leftists even if they would trey to call themselves something else. (Progressive was the label they liked the most)

And yet, the females seems to like to be in my company quite a lot and all of them I ever "dated" asked me to come over, got to lunch or dinner, spend time and "get to know me".
It was pleasant, but kind of weird. Because we had NO common ground and because nearly all of them had the same life story (grade-school to collage to grad-school to teaching) the topics always went to my history, and that led to as discussion of core beliefs and the reasons why. I could see it coming in every case. They would start by asking me if I could see things from their view point and I would say I can try, but to do so they must return the favor. So when I would talk about my history from high-school to time in the USMC and time as a military consultant, they would recoil and that would then lead to a discussion of older sections of history, which they were totally unaware of except for one gal who taught history.
She thought she did anyway, and I came over to her home on out 3rd "date' with some books about the very subjects she was teaching her students and had her go through the parts that contradicted her view point about what she thought was history.
Her and I never got romantic, but I will give her credit. She took those books and after about 3 months she had a new and much better understanding, but what I consider my great "victory' with her is the fact that she came to understand the ones that taught her were totally unaware of real history at best, and more likely were just liars.

We stayed in touch for about 20 years and I even introduced her to an old friend of mine who was a crew chief on helicopters from the days I was a Marine (He was Army, and in those days the Army did a lot of our insertions/extractions for us) They got married later. She is not a lib-tard at all anymore.

But the focus here was the fact that in those days they very things the "progressives" were taught to hate was what I was, and yet the women, most of them 5-15 years older than I was at the time were always around me and trying to spend time with me. It makes me wonder if something in the back of their minds wanted to know what I had to say, even though they were taught to hate it. It all stopped when I met a woman who was young and very good looking but was only an aid for one of the professors and a substitute teacher for a local high-school. She became my 1st wife. So when I met her I stopped "dating" the others (if you could even call it dating)
Wife 1.0 (AKA Satan) was a teacher. From the name alone, you can figure out how that ended. Among other things, she helped to teach me that "Schoolmarmism" is actually listed in the DSM IV. It is a mental disease.

Wife 2.0 (KYHillChick) was a sex educator and is now a massage therapist.

Mom's father was raised on a farm in Brecksville, Ohio back at the turn of the last century. He was the baby. He had 5 older sisters that were all school teachers. He learned early on to behave himself. It was a small school and his teachers were all his sisters; if he screwed up at school, he knew he'd catch it at both school and home.

My mom was a school teacher as well-- K-3 for a decade before she had me. Yikes. There was no skating on homework in my house.
Thanks all, interesting.

Yeah, but....

[Linked Image from imageproxy.ifunny.co]
I marred a school marm when i plowed her furrow and planted my seed and i wasnt a farmer.

Marred her forever.
A classic case. A good read as well.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

Everyone has figured out that you and kingston fugk.

So stop trying so hard.

Just like a woman....Can’t keep her mouth shut about nutt’n.

😝🦫
© 24hourcampfire