Home
Posted By: slumlord ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

Ah...just like the good ole days.

https://leakedreality.com/video/9067/video-shows-florida-school-principal-paddling-young-girl
Posted By: slumlord Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Yeah, whatever: “ The mother says she felt she couldn’t intervene and stop the beating because she is undocumented.”

Set up, looking for a pay out.

Spank my kid, I’ll watch and then I’ll act like I never gave consent. Even though the principal stands there with a paddle.

Says she “sacrificed her kid”. Sure.

Posted By: Borchardt Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I guess the barrio got they lottery too
Posted By: SandBilly Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Sheeit, when I was in school if you received swats you could sign the paddle. Whoever received the most got the paddle at the end of the year.

Mrs Etchevery could swing that sumbish too.
Posted By: ironbender Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
There’d have been a big problem if anyone at a school laid a hand on my kids.
Posted By: dale06 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
The only time I want my kids spanked in school is when they deserved it. Nothing wrong with a deserved swat or three on the ass.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Looks like a bit of bullying by an adult as well. But anytime I got a swat at school, then at home Dad made me one with his leather belt. Some additional swats made me even more aware to NOT GET CAUGHT again. It sort of worked. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I’ve seen bi-polar behavior cured on the spot and with no drugs or soft counseling.
Posted By: bkraft Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
In 8th Grade, several of us were caught by the shop teacher shooting dice(not that any of us had a clue what we were doing) in the boy's room. Mr. Wing said if we wanted to learn to gamble to "make it count," he took one of the dice and we got the other one to roll for the number of swats, most of us rolled fives or sixes, he only gave us three. Never forgot that lesson.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I would have never tolerated that in the 8th grade!
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Yeah, whatever: “ The mother says she felt she couldn’t intervene and stop the beating because she is undocumented.”

Spank my kid, I’ll watch and then I’ll act like I never gave consent. Even though the principal stands there with a paddle.

Tell momma that they'll send her back to mexico and tell the local cartels that she stole their drugs......
Posted By: NVhntr Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Sheeit, when I was in school if you received swats you could sign the paddle. Whoever received the most got the paddle at the end of the year.

Mrs Etchevery could swing that sumbish too.

Hell, I should have won the paddle in sixth grade.
Mr. Wilkey didn't like me calling him Twinkle Toes.
That should be a regular occurrence in schools everywhere!
Posted By: slumlord Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I got my hind end tore up in 6th grade for magic mind spoon bending tricks. 5 from the big man.

Got another round of three for firing spit wads at some thick glasses wearin kid on the bus. Jeff Shaneyfelt where u at boy. LOL

I only ever got 2, both for fights I didn't start, but finished.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Wow, I'm traumatized.
I was expecting this...

Posted By: Hubert Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
if I got smacked at school I never told my parents, or I would get more at Home...my sweet sis would not tell on me.. Fighting was not a whipping offense..
Posted By: MARCEL Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Totally different set of people swinging that paddle since I was in school. Thats the problem on so many levels
Posted By: blindshooter Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
My mother was a grade school teacher. She had a selection of azz beating weaponry and was proficient with them all.

Some days I prayed for my father to come home and save me from her. He'd come home from work and pluck me out of the pit of hell and take me to the pool hall, get me some ice cream and he'd drink beer.

Miss them both.
Posted By: Abolt2 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Life lesson learned, just can’t believe that it is a life lesson for both parties in this current society. Sad days are ahead.
We told people caring for our kids if they need a swat have at it. They never did because we took care of that at home. Or anywhere else we were at when they were acting up. I remember two weeks in a row at church when I had to give my son a swat on the butt (calmed him right down) an old lady came up after church and said I was too rough on him. I said that if she thinks so I can hand him to her during church and she can deal with him. She left and never said a word. Next week same thing different lady. Hasn't happened since, but we have been complimented numerous times on how well behaved our kids are by friends and strangers alike. Ours found out pretty quick that throwing a fit are being mean was not going to be tolerated.
Posted By: bkraft Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
The three I got from Mr. Wing wasn't sh&t to what I'd a got at home if there had been a phone call. I was21 before I told my folks, Dad laughed Mom didn't say much.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I was told if I got a swat in school I'd get two more when I got home.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
When I was in high school, every coach, and the Principal had a "board." It was not unusual for a naughty boy to get a "lick" or two. It was a good disciplinary tool.

But paddling a 6 year old girl? That is going overboard.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I got paddled so often at school my ass had callouses. I just assumed it was normal operating procedure.
Originally Posted by Ole_270

Yep
Why? Girls can be just as bad and often worse than boys.

I should add if the mom was worried about being reported for being an illegal that don't come here.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

Bingo!
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
SOP in my school.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Lol, were there any adults big enough to do that when you were in the 8th grade?
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
My parents told my teachers and principal that if I need a paddling, have at it. And, they would finish at home what was started in school.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Lol, were there any adults big enough to do that when you were in the 8th grade?

Maybe just.

They wouldn't have liked it though.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
School couldn't touch me! My Dad did all the arse whooping though! Never got a call from school for disciplinary.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
My parents signed the consent form, I remember taking it home and they said hell yes they can beat your ass.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
That's the way misbehavior SHOULD be dealt with. What's really fucked is that the school is having to discipline the child for "Mommy," and now "Mommy" thinks the principal should be held to account.

Bottom line: "Mommy" has no business raising a child, and the fact of the matter is the art of parenting has just about gone the way of the dodo in the West. I don't give the smallest of shits what anyone else thinks, the sexual revolution and LBJ's Great Society have brought us here. "Here" is the brink of total collapse of this country.

Yeah, I'm a mean old bastard. So what.
Posted By: smokepole Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

Yeah, but you were probably bigger than the principal in 8th grade.....
Posted By: smokepole Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I’ve seen bi-polar behavior cured on the spot and with no drugs or soft counseling.

Might've been bipolar behavior but if it was cured on the spot it wasn't bipolar disorder.
Posted By: MOGC Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
That Principal can whip that kid and talk tough and mean until the kid pisses down both legs every time she sees the Principal, but that isn't going to help the mother at home. And especially so after school is out for summer vacation. The mother can't have other people do that job for her. She's going to have to make that connection of love, respect, acceptance and maybe If necessary a little bit of fear when absolutely needed on her own accord. If that kid never respects mom, then mom will never be able to control her.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Wow, I'm traumatized.
I was expecting this...

I remember a college social worker with no children teaching a veteran mother of three that defiance from her youngest child in the mother's home is dealt with by Time Out and the video above will be the results.

Two big problems was divorce....no Dad in the picture and candy whenever the child wanted. That turned on the behavior like a switch.
The lack of a Dad got rid of the strong authority needed and would rarely need the switch on the child.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by ironbender

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
When I was in high school, every coach, and the Principal had a "board." It was not unusual for a naughty boy to get a "lick" or two. It was a good disciplinary tool.

But paddling a 6 year old girl? That is going overboard.

If it identifies as a 6 yo boy would that help ?
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

Fragile kids?
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Might've been bipolar behavior but if it was cured on the spot it wasn't bipolar disorder.

If you had witnessed the ass beating that he got for the repeated behavior he was warned twice about you might have a different viewpoint.

That behavior was never repeated again in the following 2 years that I was there.

He had medications for bi-polarity.

Home schooled ?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Originally Posted by MOGC

Fragile kids?

If you want some liberal kook reprimanding your kids, have at. They do it to mine, they will have big problems.

Fragile kids?

If you want some liberal kook reprimanding your kids, have at. They do it to mine, they will have big problems.

Put the boys in Brother Martin.

You won’t have to correct them when they come home.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
This is Scientific proof on the cause of ADHD as far as I'm concerned.

Think about this: there was no ADHD when we were kids but there was plenty of spanking and other discipline.

Explains a lot.
Posted By: ironbender Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

Fragile kids?

At first I thought you were trying to troll me, but I guess you are sincere.

I never did, nor needed to, spank my kids.
Angels? No. But they knew boundaries and seldom crossed them.

I’ll admit to losing my temper a time or two and giving them a swat on the bottom as I “directed “ them upstairs to bed. That was anger and really not productive.

I’ve long believed there was a very large difference between “discipline “ and “punishment”.

Others MMV.
I'm surprised ANY school administration allows paddling any more.I thought this last year has proven we are OK with raising pussified losers who will live off mommy and daddy forever.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
This is Scientific proof on the cause of ADHD as far as I'm concerned.

Think about this: there was no ADHD when we were kids but there was plenty of spanking and other discipline.

Explains a lot.

Exactly right. There was no ADHD, Defiance Disorder, boy’s identifying as girls, school shootings, and a whole host of other mostly made up or encouraged mental disorders like we see today.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
One of my kids’ teachers once told us that they had to get permission slips signed for spanking. Of course my wife signed it. The teacher told her that to a person, they never had to spank the kids whose parents signed the paper. The ones whose parents wouldn’t sign it were the ones in need of asswhippings.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Dumbest thing I could have done was to go home and tell my parents that I got a spanking at school. School dished out faux spanky by comparison.
Posted By: Ringman Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

I think the same for me. My dad told me when I was 14 that I was as strong as any man he knew.
Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

The difference I bet is your kids don't act like little @ssholes at school. Some of these little chits need a good whack on the arse. I bet that kid has her act together from now on. Principal gets a gold star from me!
Posted By: 673 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I got my hind end tore up in 6th grade for magic mind spoon bending tricks. 5 from the big man.

Got another round of three for firing spit wads at some thick glasses wearin kid on the bus. Jeff Shaneyfelt where u at boy. LOL

My buddy got beat up by the teacher in grade 7.... for hitting him in the back of the head with a spitball while he was writing on the chalkboard, he was some mad LOL.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
I remember elementary school very well, and the last thing you wanted was your parents called to school for behavior issues.
The principles' paddle was the least of your worries if dad or mom was coming "to straighten you out!"

...of course there was the pre training by Mr. Garrish the janitor who waited at the intersection of the office and hallway leading to the class rooms you passed by every day after morning recess, lunch et al. He herded us like little calves down the shoot with his yard stick...and yard sticks in 1966 were full dimension lumber, not some chinese soft wood.... his sick high pitched cackle after each "wack!" still roils around in my head just thinking about it.

... those were the days!
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21
Chit we used to make the paddles in 7th and 8th grade wood shop and deliver them to the principals office. My parents happily signed the slip to paddle anytime the school deemed necessary. We did not have any kids taking meds like today and we knew what the paddle was for if we were sent to get it. We have gone liberal and soft as a country from kindergarten to the grave...............................YMMV
Posted By: RiverRider Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/05/21

Then YOU are a part of the problem.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yep.
That kid that got paddled could have learned a lesson in respect and respecting authority. They can he heard trying to help the mother with an already out of control kid. They’re telling the child to listen to and respect her mom. What does mom do she pretends to be on board while secretly filming it so she can throw the very people trying to help her and her daughter under the bus for a payday.

The kid walks away not trusting or respecting any of them and believing that she is the victim and doesn’t have to listen because the school was the wrong ones and no doubt racist for picking on a brown illegal.
Posted By: MARCEL Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21

BINGO !
Posted By: antlers Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Pretty consistent bitchin’ that public schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers nowadays, but it’s OK for em’ to discipline people’s kids...?
Posted By: TomT Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I never gave an adult figure (school the street or otherwise) a reason to need to paddle me when I was a kid. My dad would have beat me 10x worse if I had. Don’t get me wrong, I had a GREAT dad, miss him every day, but he wouldn’t tolerate his children being rude, or difficult to a teacher, or any other figure of authority. For that reason, all 3 of his children have grown up to be responsible, well balanced adults. IMHO, there’s not enough of that nowadays. Hence participation, and last place trophies!
Originally Posted by antlers
Pretty consistent bitchin’ that public schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers nowadays, but it’s OK for em’ to discipline people’s kids...?

Most of the teachers today doing the indoctrination want nothing to do with corporal punishment and “feel” like the parents shouldn’t either. I highly doubt this kid was being spanked for having differing political views. They seem to be telling her that she has behavioral problem both at school and especially at home.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I doubt that is a public school. Are there any public schools in the US that still allow corporal punishment?
Posted By: JeffA Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
From Jr.High through High School I think I got whacks every year.
Never recall one that actually hurt.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by antlers

Respect for authority has to begin somewhere. Don't be stupid.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by NVhntr
I doubt that is a public school. Are there any public schools in the US that still allow corporal punishment?

In my area it is available with signed permission.

However, total expulsion packs a much heavier weight. I know of two cases where kids were expunged from the system for their behavior.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I have been say that this needs to happen everyday, everytime to a kid that is out of line and the [bleep] would stop.

My dad always said that the quickest way to a kids brain was through his ass👍 scientifically proven!
Posted By: antlers Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Respect for authority has to begin somewhere.
Does the government controlled public school system have any respect for the taxpayers who fund all of it...? Is the government controlled public school system held accountable for its pitiful performance...? Is public education itself a failure...?
Don't be stupid.
You mean like expecting these same folks (mentioned above) to teach a child “respect for authority” when they can’t even teach them academics...?
Posted By: BobBrown Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by MARCEL

BINGO !

Paul Barnyard defends the lil' Dindu Nuffin boys. LOL
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
From age 11 on I was subject to being struck on the hand with leather strap at school by an order of Irish Christian Brothers. Talk in class - ya got the strap, didn’t do yer Latin homework -ya got the strap, late for class, ya got the strap etc etc...

Stung like a SOB but I dunno how much of a deterrent it was, this was an all boys school. That cold-blooded psychological warfare that was an English Grammar School classroom still went on.

One time a Christian Brother lost it and whaled and whaled on some kid with the strap while that kid was curled up in a fetal position on the floor trying to ward off the blows. The other Masters from adjacent classrooms heard the commotion and pulled the Christian Brother off.

Next day the guy just apologized to the class and it was business as usual. We understood, that kid has willfully pushed that guy’s buttons until he snapped.
Posted By: MOGC Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Re: Paul B's comment about not tolerating a teacher/administrator verbally reprimanding his child, that's ridiculous. I'm sure his child is a great kid and that's awesome. However, kids are kids and they make mistakes. If Paul B. thinks for one hot minute that if his kid is goofing up in class somehow, like maybe talking when they shouldn't be, disrupting the class, not working when they should be or whatever little thing that happens daily in a typical classroom and the teacher shouldn't verbally straighten that out right away he's delusional. Nobody has time to call home for mommy and daddy to come to school and handle whatever little issue is at hand. Your child doesn't get to disrupt the learning process for the other students. In life when you mess up somebody will put you in your place and mommy and daddy aren't always going to be around to run interference. Let your child learn how to accept responsibility, deal with other people and fix their mistakes on their own. Or, raise some snowflake that can't deal with life. Clean out your basement, they are gonna be around the house for a long long time.
Posted By: Bosque Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
My son was in kindergarten..maybe first grade. He was all boy. If he saw a cricket running across the floor, he'd jump up in the middle of class and go catch it. If the kick ball went over the fence on the playground, he'd climb over and go get it. Teachers had a hard time controlling him. He wasn't being disrespectful, he just didn't realize they had different rules than he had at home. I tried to teach him to be independent. If he needed something on the counter, I taught him to climb up and get it. Well, teachers were having a hard time, so after about the second time of them calling me leaving work to go out to the school, I had a pretty serious talk with him and asked the teachers to step outside. I busted his butt and told him to listen and behave. He's bawling. I opened the door and they're all out in the hall bawling too . I looked at them and asked what they thought was going to happen? That lasted for a couple of months. The last time they called, I said "look, he already respects me. Do you have a paddle on that campus?? Yes sir. Then use it. But stop calling me at work." I asked my son that evening if he got paddled at school. No. They couldn't do it. Lol.
Originally Posted by Bosque
My son was in kindergarten..maybe first grade. He was all boy. If he saw a cricket running across the floor, he'd jump up in the middle of class and go catch it. If the kick ball went over the fence on the playground, he'd climb over and go get it. Teachers had a hard time controlling him. He wasn't being disrespectful, he just didn't realize they had different rules than he had at home. I tried to teach him to be independent. If he needed something on the counter, I taught him to climb up and get it. Well, teachers were having a hard time, so after about the second time of them calling me leaving work to go out to the school, I had a pretty serious talk with him and asked the teachers to step outside. I busted his butt and told him to listen and behave. He's bawling. I opened the door and they're all out in the hall bawling too . I looked at them and asked what they thought was going to happen? That lasted for a couple of months. The last time they called, I said "look, he already respects me. Do you have a paddle on that campus?? Yes sir. Then use it. But stop calling me at work." I asked my son that evening if he got paddled at school. No. They couldn't do it. Lol.

It works like this as a parent, I was told back in the day.

When your behavior changes, the pain will stop.
Posted By: smokepole Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21

Me either. But mine are all 30 or older and bigger than I am so if I tried to step in they'd probably tell me to go sit in the corner while they handled it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Birdie knows the routine. In our school, it was the nuns first, ruler across the knuckles on your desk. If the pointer came out you were in serious scheidt. If that didn't work, Monsignor had a belt and was not afraid to used. Being an Irishman, he probably was taught by Birdie's Christian Brothers.

I seem to recall a ruler/yardstick broken across my knuckles once.

When this scene came up in the movie theater where I watched it when first released, I howled with laughter when she grabbed that pointer after breaking the ruler. BTDT!

I don't recall getting the paddle in HS.........................................I just got detention and suspension.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Kids are being denied an education by those kgunts that are afraid of a bug.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r
Posted By: ironbender Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by lvmiker
I would never let some beta minus school teacher lay a hand on my kids. Parents are responsible for good kids and bad kids. Schools and teachers are responsible for the gender confused, entitled punks that are tolerated and set on ruining the culture built by the strong independent thinkers and doers.

Anyone who would trust them to do the right thing is also a beta minus. Touch my kid and I will fug you up.

YMMV

mike r

+P
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Between the 6th and 8th grade, I bet I got paddled 12 to 15 times. Got lit up pretty good a few of those times. Several times they put a lock on my locker, forcing me to carry all my books around all day. In the end, they won. Mr Fox (Principal) and my Dad saw to it. I was as broke as Cool Hand Luke when they got done with me. Today I have much respect for all involved in correcting my behavior. I got what I deserved.
Posted By: shaman Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I didn't get paddled much in school. However, I got paddled as a freshman in high school for pranking the gym teacher. I was told on a Friday that it would be administered on Monday. I had all weekend to sweat it.

That is, that was the intent. Instead, I had time to think this out. On Monday, I had thick typing pad stuffed down my pants. Those things were used to deaden the sound of typewriters. I showed up for the paddling before class on Monday. The gym teacher had one other teacher as a witness. I bent over and . . .

"Thunk."

The gym teacher had grabbed me by my belt to steady me. When he administered the swat, he was so panicked he dropped me. I fell to the floor. Of course, I played it up. The two teachers were really upset. It had been this ungodly hollow sound. My first impression was that they were on to me, but as I lay there I realized it was an over-the-top success.

"Bruce! What did you do to him?"

"I don't know Dave! " said the gym teacher, examining the paddle.

I crawled up off the floor and acted hurt. I was due for two more swats, but they begged my forgiveness and I went on my way.

Nobody ever knew. I got special treatment from the gym teacher after that. He was always my buddy.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Got my backside warmed pretty often in the lower grades,
stayed out of beating trouble in the upper.

Dad used the belt, can still hear the buckle, then it snapping as it cleared his
belt loops. The big cracks were on the way!

That was minor compared to Mom.
She grabbed what she could get, and any where from shoulders
to ankles were fair game.

Teachers?

Hell!
My ass barely noticed their paddles.
More embarrassed than anything.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
When the schools became left wing nesting grounds with indoctrination principles, they lost the ability to discipline my children.
Posted By: poboy Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
A tour of the principal's office in first grade revealed the notorious
"electric paddle" displayed on his wall. Nobody wants that.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
When I was in school we had primary school, first through seventh grade. Nobody got paddled at Ashford Park School. My neighbors were Catholic and they had stories there, in third grade, that all the nuns carried little wooden rulers and they would whack a kid across the knuckles! They said it hurt.

High school was 8th through 12th grade. All the coaches had paddles and so did the Principal. Naughty boys got a "lick" frequently.
Coach Braswell's paddle was a baseball bat. He had the wood shop "filet" the thing, so that it had a regular baseball bat handle, then the bat itself was only 3/4 inch thick.
It was like a 1x4 with a baseball bat handle.

Coach Braswell could really get up some board speed with that thing and it was feared by all the boys.
Girls never got a "lick." This was in the Deep South, sexism I guess.
Posted By: Osky Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Nuns. The rulers and pointers. They also had an arms treaty with the male gym teacher for the serious infractions.
Afterwords as noted above the home front was the final challenge.

Osky

I hope you child gets a snowflake as a boss when they get older than. They might be in for a rude awakening otherwise.
Posted By: deflave Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by dale06
The only time I want my kids spanked in school is when they deserved it. Nothing wrong with a deserved swat or three on the ass.

That makes you a fugking idiot.
Posted By: deflave Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by shaman
I didn't get paddled much in school. However, I got paddled as a freshman in high school for pranking the gym teacher. I was told on a Friday that it would be administered on Monday. I had all weekend to sweat it.

That is, that was the intent. Instead, I had time to think this out. On Monday, I had thick typing pad stuffed down my pants. Those things were used to deaden the sound of typewriters. I showed up for the paddling before class on Monday. The gym teacher had one other teacher as a witness. I bent over and . . .

"Thunk."

The gym teacher had grabbed me by my belt to steady me. When he administered the swat, he was so panicked he dropped me. I fell to the floor. Of course, I played it up. The two teachers were really upset. It had been this ungodly hollow sound. My first impression was that they were on to me, but as I lay there I realized it was an over-the-top success.

I crawled up off the floor and acted hurt. I was due for two more swats, but they begged my forgiveness and I went on my way.

Nobody ever knew. I got special treatment from the gym teacher after that. He was always my buddy.

You're retarded.
Parents or teachers can discipline (with spankings' if necessary) or the police can handle it later. Which do you prefer?
Posted By: Chisos Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Wonder what she's going to do after the school shows the consent form the mother signed for spanking permission.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.
Posted By: strikeu Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I got beat pretty much daily from 7th grade to somewhere around 10th grade. I started playing football in 10th grade and seemed to mellow out after that. 7th grade...at LEAST 3 times a week. every and I mean EVERY teacher in our school had a paddle. a big-un too. some were thicker than others, but they ALL had one even the females.

throwing books, spitballs, running in the halls, teenage boy jackassery.

my dad also was a firm believer in corporal punishment (the physical kind, not the death kind). My dad had an oak chair slat. ouch. He wore a belt too, if you heard that belt slapping the loops as he yanked it out, you knew you dun foooked up.

I am convinced that got me through Marine Corps training..

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1
Posted By: renegade50 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Had like 1 asthma kid in school growing up.
ADHD?? Dont remember any of those types.
Get Azz whippings at school.
Schittttt......
Btdt...

Rite of passage and cred.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Maybe just.

They wouldn't have liked it though.

Jim:
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking fine down on the High Line and you and all your fine family are well.

Meant to say how much I enjoyed the biker video too, thanks for sharing it.

Anyways, your Grade 8 story twigged a memory long gone and I hope it's okay I share it.

Back in the '70's in Saskatchewan, we had to stay in school until we were 15 or completed Grade 8. There were a few that didn't quite make either however.....

One of the most hated classes was the mandatory French language class, as this was the Trudeau senior era where he'd given western Canadians the finger - yah he did that from a train in Salmon Arm - and then told us to "sell our own damn wheat" and then prevented those who tried.

Anyways, let's just say most parents then didn't support little Johnny getting taught French - but there it was.

Our 7th French teacher that year, yes Jim, we weren't easy on them either looking back, was one Pierre Coquette who was straight out of Quebec and likely was just in the wrong place at a worse time. He wasn't a big fellow, but quite fit.

My sometime friend Keith W, wasn't a big kid really, but nobody messed with Keith because he was one of those kids who came from a rough home and was "well versed in the language of fisticuffs and violence" shall we say.

Mr. Coquette had a wild temper. He'd throw books, chalk board erasers or whatever was handy and then go off like a bottle rocket, turning the most red I'd ever seen a human turn while angry.

Our family Jim, were staid Germanic folks who didn't yell, didn't show emotion, didn't raise your voice other than to livestock or dogs... we were that other group.

So to the meat of the story, one day Keith was being Keith in class and Mr. Coquette blew a gasket and threw some books or a stack of papers onto Keith's desk - clearing the desk top right smartly. Then Mr. Coquette began to yell in French at Keith as he grabbed him by the shoulders, attempting to get him out of the desk.

Well Keith came out of the desk quicker than Mr. Coquette had envisioned, and as we used to say in Saskatchewan, "laid shoes to plumbs"! eek

Mr. Coquette dropped like a rock, but very quickly was back up again, headed out of class after Keith, who at that juncture must have made the life choice school wasn't really his thing any longer.

The last time I saw Keith in a school anywhere, he and Mr. Coquette were circling down the hallway towards the exit, each grabbing each other by the shoulders and attempting to repeat Keith's earlier martial arts maneuver. whistle

Funny I don't recall Mr. Coquette coming back to class ever again either Jim - he might have or not - I can't say now, but if he did it wasn't for long. The next and last French teacher they brought in was a very pretty younger lady and she certainly had all of us Grade 8 boys on our best behavior, but that's another story for another day.

Thanks for the Grade 8 memory from long, long ago Jim. All the very best to you and your wonderful clan out there on the Montana plains sir.

Dwayne
Posted By: kennymauser Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
When I was in grade school we had a principal that was known for his ass whipping. The kids that frequented his office said it was hell. I only had to go to his office only once, and I was scared [bleep]. When I got in there, he sat me down and chewed my butt, and got a nice varnished board off of his desk that was drill full of holes and showed it to me . It had Board of Education engraved on it.
He must have decided I had been educated enough at home and let me go. I never darkened his door step again . The education continued at home if necessary.

My wife just retired from teaching and she said no kid ever got touched by a teacher Strictly enforced!
Posted By: blindshooter Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
A guy in my HS senior class tried to burn down the assistant principles home for hitting his little brother.

He was run through the juvie court, never came back to school.

Assistant principle stopped corporal punishment.
Posted By: smarquez Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21

When we moved as a child, my father dropped us off at school. He told the principal if we needed the paddle he had his permission up front. We got swats for safety violations and in gym class for horse play, not dressing out or trying to sneak out of gym without a shower.
Originally Posted by Hubert
if I got smacked at school I never told my parents, or I would get more at Home...my sweet sis would not tell on me.. Fighting was not a whipping offense..

This exactly. If I had gotten rolled up by the cops, I would have been safer staying in jail.
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Chit we used to make the paddles in 7th and 8th grade wood shop and deliver them to the principals office. My parents happily signed the slip to paddle anytime the school deemed necessary. We did not have any kids taking meds like today and we knew what the paddle was for if we were sent to get it. We have gone liberal and soft as a country from kindergarten to the grave...............................YMMV

I remember this happening on the first day of school. PE and shop teachers got new paddles.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1

I feel sorry that you have to have teachers like that. Most of those around here are pretty conservative and I have yet to get the impression they would be like described.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
I was in 11th grade and had Coach Allen for Algebra and Trig. Most of the coaches were kind of dumb but Coach Allen had a degree from Ga. Tech and he was, needless to say, very smart.
Of course Coach Allen had a "board" and used it frequently, and I got it laid across my ass about five times in 2 years.

One day in class, Coach Allen told about some high school boys got real naughty one night. About 11 pm he was awakened by the sound of someone trenching his yard.
Coach Allen told us that he ran right out there with the 12 gauge. Of course, the car full of students hauled ass. What they didn't know, Coach Allen lived on a dead-end street. He told us, he just stood there by the mailbox waiting for them to come back. In a minute the terrified punks came roaring back at 80 mph.

Coach Allen told us, he didn't want to hit the boys, just wanted to scare them, and he just was firing bird shot, he waited until they got past and he gave them both barrels in the trunk. He said he knew it wouldn't penetrate into the passenger area.
And he told us, that was the last time his yard got trenched.

Whacking naughty boys with the wooden paddle, shooting the car of naught boys with the 12 gauge. It was a different time.
Posted By: slumlord Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by renegade50
Had like 1 asthma kid in school growing up.
ADHD?? Dont remember any of those types.
Get Azz whippings at school.
Schittttt......
Btdt...

Rite of passage and cred.

Just jogged my memory of another paddling I got at school. Me and my negro buddy “Jewell-T” in 4th got busted for wrapping the swings and chains up around the overhead bar. It was hilarious at the time, not so much getting the seat warmed up in the office. Columbus, Ga.
Posted By: shaman Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by shaman

"Thunk."

You're retarded.

Now why would you say that?

Oh, wait. I see who the poster is. Nevermind. Sorry. I'll tell the jokes slower next time.
Posted By: horse1 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Never so much as a hand laid on me by a teacher, though I deserved it a few times. Made a few trips to the principal's office, that was typically met w/spankings @ home. My most serious offenses in school were general smart-assery nothing malicious or that would've hurt another student.

Kids are 8 and 12. Teachers are told at orientation that if there is poor behavior we want to know ASAP and don't let things "build/slide". I have 0 problem w/stern language to set one of my kids straight should they need it however, true "Discipline" will be handled at home. 8yr old occasionally has trouble keeping to herself when she finishes assignments before the other kids, I "suffered" the same issue. My answer to youngest daughter's teachers is the same as my dad's was to mine, "Assign her additional work."

Kids are just about through 6th and 2nd grade. To date, they've both gotten excellent teachers.
Posted By: Raeford Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
Worst beating I ever took was 8th grade after a couple of us put crazy glue in the[older] math teachers seat.
When she stood the chair came with her.....
Took another good one at home that night.
Our Mechanical Drawing teacher was also the Shop teacher and he had a paddle with the name “Board of Direction “ burned into the wood and he used it when called for.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

YMMV

mike r

Yepper.

Big plus 1

I feel sorry that you have to have teachers like that. Most of those around here are pretty conservative and I have yet to get the impression they would be like described.

I say if you feel that poorly about the teachers in your kids schools, then you are failing your kids by making them go there! Put them in a school that meets your apparently high standards.
If you want a job done right, do it yourself.
Posted By: killerv Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
i remember one of my middle school year book one of the first pics was of a classmate with the principal's paddle rared back and ready to go. Good time. I always remember the kids that had to get one and came back in the classroom cryin.
Posted By: killerv Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/06/21
We had a line of red tip shrubs along the driveway. Dad would make us pick out our own switch. Worst thing was when you put your hands in the way and got hit on the arms. Learned quick.

I knew a morman kid that got whipped with an actual bull whip. He was riding home with us from baseball practice and told us about it. I don't know if my dad confronted hhis dad about it or not...but they moved back to Utah shortly after.
Posted By: gremcat Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/07/21
I

Yep.

I’d argue you are much more so. If your kid gets so out of line at school you’ve failed to instill morales and respect in that at home. Relying on teachers to “parent” is the real crime here if you want to call it that. Parents are more responsible for the education and opportunities for their kids than teachers are as well. Dropping little Johnny off somewhere to do your 9-5 then hit a social event or something isn’t parenting. The biggest failing is the lack of real parents.

I agree with Paul 100%. I’d be front page international news if an adult touched one of my kids. That’s because I’ve raised my kids to have manners, respect, and responsibility from day 1. If an adult disciplines my child it would be without merit and my kids in general seem to have better manners and integrity than most adults I meet.

Funny, you look at social media posts and everyone shows how much they do coaching kids for the big game but when Covid hit they’d just “die” if they had to teach Math. Most parents are as much to blame for indoctrinated kids as teachers are. If you talk to your kids and not at them you might have some influence in their lives.
Originally Posted by gremcat
I

Yep.

I’d be front page international news if an adult touched one of my kids. That’s because I’ve raised my kids to have manners, respect, and responsibility from day 1. If an adult disciplines my child it would be without merit and my kids in general seem to have better manners and integrity than most adults I meet.

This.

My kid graduated at the top of his class of 400+. Shot on the trap team in high school. Goes to a major university that accepted 8% of their applicants for their top rated business school He holds 3 jobs right now starting the day exams were over. Not bragging, but it's in the parenting. He isn't perfect, but I couldn't ask for much more.

If that fat pig hit my 6 year old with a board, she'd have to go home and explain to her dyke wife why that board was stuck sideways in her fat gash.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/07/21

Of course you wouldn’t because your kids, like all the kids today, are special and nearly perfect.

It is funny though, that the generation of school disciplined kids was so much better than these losers parents are turning out now.
Posted By: john843 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/07/21
Got caught in high school band practice drinking wine out of a bota bag that I had dropped down the bell of my Sousaphone (marching type tuba) and run a long plastic tube down by the mouthpiece. The other tuba player and I were enjoying a little vintage Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and it didn't occur to us that my horn sounded like sheit! The band director noticed, however and when he discovered the "obstruction" he went to work on our azzes. He was a little Jewish guy with "little man syndrome" and was notorious for his paddling. He had a custom 3/4" thick paddle with beveled 1/4" holes drilled in it. After he finished, your azz looked like you'd been sitting on a sheet of pegboard for an hour.
When we were practicing marching formations he used to carry the paddle under his arm like you would a riding crop and slip up behind whoever was fugging off and bust the hell out of them with it.
Managed to get him back somewhat though. In the last high school football game I ever played in, I was run out of bounds returning a kick and mowed him over and knocked the breath out of him. Ruined his all-white suit and broke his goofy glasses too....Mr. Stanley Leopold-R.I.P.

John
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
For a teacher the first line of defense IS the parents, or should be. Phone calls usually work.

If young Johnny has a parent or parents worthy of the name he doesn’t want his misbehavior getting back to his folks. If young Johnny has a pi$$-poor parent or parents they still don’t want the hassle.

Plus that way everything gets documented early on.

If Johnny keeps misbehaving his parents get called in. Generally this mostly happens with bad parents, and they hate that hassle and time out of their day even more than phone calls.

Mostly though you just want a negative consequence for the kid. Doesn’t have to be a big negative consequence, in fact it’s better if it ain’t. Detention for example, a half hour out of our day is nothing, at their age it’s hassle enough that it ain’t worth getting it.

Actually, the best teachers hardly ever have to send a kid to the office, their classroom is a place kids want to be.

Can’t imagine beating a high school kid would work, didn’t work with us as kids. After you’ve hit ‘em and they’ve shrugged it off, what then?

Posted By: HitnRun Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Can’t imagine beating a high school kid would work, didn’t work with us as kids. After you’ve hit ‘em and they’ve shrugged it off, what then?

You never got it hard enough if you shrug it off. I know of a guy that would hit you so hard, you’d get a speeding ticket going through Denver.

You don’t forget that kind of behavioral modification.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by HitnRun

You never got it hard enough if you shrug it off. I know of a guy that would hit you so hard, you’d get a speeding ticket going through Denver.

It dont work on some people.

Hell, I would have had BIG problems if Dad had ever learned I had given a teacher cause to discipline me.
Thats all "they " understand. We had a kid that couldn t sit still,kept getting out of his seat.I guess he would be considered ADD or ADHD. now.
The nun tied him to his desk with the girls jump rope,cured him quick.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21

We used to have a kid, prob’ly all of 5’4” tall, first time on campus as a freshman already had his prison yard muscles grin At fifteen he already had the Virgen de Guadalupe tattoo all down his back over his name in big gothic letters (“GARCIA”) . I know this because when kids were on their way to a fight they would commonly remove their shirt. He would leave school, cross the street and join his gang buddies, I’d be out front with a walk-in-talkie on duty as school let out, most days he would flip me the bird, I would wave.

One day the guy was across the street after school and he looks like he has a softball in his eye socket, so swollen his eye was completely shut, had to be broken orbital bones. But there he was out throwing gang signs, ready to go.

Good luck correcting that kid with paddling.

Anyways one morning in that guy’s senior year I was riding my bike to school through the neighborhood and I came across that guy walking to school, so of course I flipped him the bird , he laughed and waved.

Posted By: HitnRun Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by HitnRun

So you don’t discipline anyone because it doesn’t work on everyone? Sounds 21st century liberal thinking.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
Listen...I get it.

You guys have a fetish where you like hitting women and children.

It dont work very well.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: ADHD cured in 3 licks - 05/08/21
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by Ole_270

Yep

+2 ...
© 24hourcampfire