Home
Sound like it is just waiting on Gov. Abbot's signature, and he is in favor.

It's not clear to me if the law requires you to conceal your handgun, or you can mosey through HEB with a Model 29 in a shoulder holster?
Old lady’s will have the Big Iron on their hips!!!
Time to break out the double cowboy action shooting rig!
Originally Posted by TimZ

It's not clear to me if the law requires you to conceal your handgun, or you can mosey through HEB with a Model 29 in a shoulder holster?

Are you sure?

As of this morning it was being sent back to the House.
A couple of threads on this already, did you read them?
https://www.newsmax.com/us/texas-handguns-license-senate/2021/05/06/id/1020364/

You could already walk around with it not concealed if you had a CHL. I don't know why they would now restrict someone to having the weapon concealed.
Awesome!
Originally Posted by DubThomas

You could already walk around with it not concealed if you had a CHL. I don't know why they would now restrict someone to having the weapon concealed.

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open?
Originally Posted by ironbender

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open?

Under current regulations, not a "concealed" license, but a License To Carry LTC (open or concealed). This, once signed by Abbott, will eliminate the need for the LTC (open or concealed) while in Texas. People keep calling it a CHL (concealed handgun license), but it was changed to an LTC in 2016.
Originally Posted by RyanTX

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open

Under current regulations, not a "concealed" license, but a License To Carry LTC (open or concealed). This, once signed by Abbott, will eliminate the need for the LTC (open or concealed) while in Texas. People keep calling it a CHL (concealed handgun license), but it was changed to an LTC in 2016.

Thanks for the explanation. Tough to believe TX is like that.

eta: is that because of the 1871 law in TX about not carrying off ones own property?

One needs a concealed carry license to carry open

Thanks for the explanation. Tough to believe TX is like that.

eta: is that because of the 1871 law in TX about not carrying off ones own property?

I remember a while back when I was researching CCP reciprocity that it seemed TX was pretty restrictive on open carry at the time...
Maybe because of an influx of people from other states?
Not quite. The senate made a couple of changes and by TX law it has to go back to the house so they can vote on the senate version. Abbott has said he would sign a bill if it hits his desk.
I hope they don’t do away with the LTC. I really like being able to skip the instant check process.

It is in the Texas constitution that people have a right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves or the state, but that the legislature has the right to regulate the wearing of arms in public. Hence, the LTC laws and now possibly "constitutional carry".
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I hope they don’t do away with the LTC. I really like being able to skip the instant check process.

That’s NOT gonna happen. State likes collecting fees too much.
Originally Posted by MAC
Not quite. The senate made a couple of changes and by TX law it has to go back to the house so they can vote on the senate version. Abbott has said he would sign a bill if it hits his desk.

^^^This^^^

They won't. A lot of people will probably still get it for the reciprocity with other states.

They won't. A lot of people will probably still get it for the reciprocity with other states.

PREZACTLY!!!

And no NICS check when purchasing a firearm, either.
It’s to bad that if Texas is constitutional carry and ND is, that they would recognize each other and other constitutional carry states.
Well, guess I didn't read the article this morning closely enough......got the impression it was now going to Abbot.....thanks for the correction.
© 24hourcampfire