Home
Posted By: Whelenman I got a letter from the IRS - 05/06/21
Saying I will get $2800. Deposited into my account. If it’s not there in 7 days give the IRS a call! Real or not!
[Linked Image from voxeu.org]
Could be stimulus check #3 if you file a joint return.
I got same letter. Just figgered it was the money we already got. Been about two weeks ago now. I didn’t pay it much mind.
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Saying I will get $2800. Deposited into my account. If it’s not there in 7 days give the IRS a call! Real or not!

It sounds like a SCAM. When it doesn't show up you call, and they ask your bank information.

BE CAREFUL!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/06/21
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I got same letter. Just figgered it was the money we already got. Been about two weeks ago now. I didn’t pay it much mind.

That's how I figured it.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

That's how I figured it.

Same.

Got our “free” money couple? months ago. Got the letter couple days ago.
.gov efficiency.
Real but late.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Real but late.

Not for us
Likely this is real. The IRS communicates by USPS mail.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/06/21

Same
Its a letter talking about the money from weeks ago. That is how up to date our elected dumbphucks are.
Got the same letter 5 weeks ago.

No money yet.
Posted By: hanco Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/06/21
We didn’t get no letter, no damn stimulus money neither. Had to pay an extra 5000.00
Hanco!! You white privileged millionaire, you!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don’t feel like no damn millionaire!!!
Originally Posted by hanco
Don’t feel like no damn millionaire!!!

👍👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
"It sounds like a SCAM. When it doesn't show up you call, and they ask your bank information.

BE CAREFUL!"

Some say they came from "The White House" ....................no logo, no seal, no stamp no letterhead.

If the ones from the "IRS" are similar, they are fake, hoping you'll call & then they will ask to verify your account number.

A few poor souls will be caught, the crooks will make some money...................yours.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
"It sounds like a SCAM. When it doesn't show up you call, and they ask your bank information.

BE CAREFUL!"

Some say they came from "The White House" ....................no logo, no seal, no stamp no letterhead.

If the ones from the "IRS" are similar, they are fake, hoping you'll call & then they will ask to verify your account number.

A few poor souls will be caught, the crooks will make some money...................yours.

MM

Give them a fake bank account number
My Girl Friend just handed me my letter.
It came today
Hers came about a week or so ago.
I got a similar letter, not a scam. JFC

mine arrived after the direct deposit though, by about 4 weeks after the fact.

got it sum time ago

sending it back May 17th

BE CAREFUL!"

MM

Just info, mine had no pho number to call and no requests for information, etc., just a notification letter.
It is legit. But it is for money that has been issued already. The IRS site said at the beginning of the stimulus last Spring that you would receive a letter informing you that the stimulus had been mailed, direct deposited, or whatever, anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month after the payment was sent to you. We received the $2800 the first week in Apr. and got the letter this week. Got the same letter after the $600 per person payment also.

John
Posted By: KenMi Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/07/21
They should have put all that effort into issuing fuggin refund checks. Doubt some will have theirs before August. Some are still waiting on 2019 refunds
Posted By: dassa Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/07/21
Originally Posted by hanco

BE CAREFUL!"

MM

Give them a fake bank account number

That could be why you're not getting the money.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Real but late.

Same here.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/07/21
It's all a nefarious plot on the part of the government! By opening the letter, you have released a chemical agent that allows them to hear what you say and see what you do in your home!
Take it, buy $2800.00 in counterfeit $20 bills...

Give it away at NLM and Antifa Rally to all the participants..

Go home, get a beer, put your feet up, enjoy you beer after turning on the news and watch with pride, a bunch of NLM and Antifa people getting arrest for passing out counterfeit money.

Same.
I got one too, telling me the audit from 3 years ago is complete, nothing changes other than they raped another tax payor forcing me to pay accountant and lawyer to keep them off my back.

I'm waiting for the 2019 audit to begin.

I want to send them a turd in a bag.
Posted By: KFWA Re: I got a letter from the IRS - 05/07/21
I did see where Biden is recommending the hiring of many IRS agents to perform more audits and go after taxpayers.

For most people with the 24K in joint deductions, there isn't much opportunity to scam the IRS.
Yup. Pretty cut and dried.

Speaking of government efficiency, we’re still waiting on the refund for my father’s 2019 return......

Turned it over to a pro.
I'm not sure if the US Government pays postage or not, but it needs to get paid indirectly somewhere and the wife and I both got that IRS letter just a week or two back about getting the stimulus check. Talk about poor planning and a waste of governmental resources! Stimulus checks were distributed months ago. The same thing happened last year. If everyone got a letter that got a stimulus check, just think about the waste of money. Not that they haven't squandered tax payer money in the past.
Biden reminding everyone he bought your vote. Hasbeen
Check your bank. You already got it.
© 24hourcampfire