Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I got a similar letter, not a scam. JFC

mine arrived after the direct deposit though, by about 4 weeks after the fact.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

got it sum time ago

sending it back May 17th

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
"It sounds like a SCAM. When it doesn't show up you call, and they ask your bank information.

BE CAREFUL!"

Some say they came from "The White House" ....................no logo, no seal, no stamp no letterhead.

If the ones from the "IRS" are similar, they are fake, hoping you'll call & then they will ask to verify your account number.

A few poor souls will be caught, the crooks will make some money...................yours.

MM

Just info, mine had no pho number to call and no requests for information, etc., just a notification letter.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It is legit. But it is for money that has been issued already. The IRS site said at the beginning of the stimulus last Spring that you would receive a letter informing you that the stimulus had been mailed, direct deposited, or whatever, anywhere from a couple of weeks to a month after the payment was sent to you. We received the $2800 the first week in Apr. and got the letter this week. Got the same letter after the $600 per person payment also.

John

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
They should have put all that effort into issuing fuggin refund checks. Doubt some will have theirs before August. Some are still waiting on 2019 refunds

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
"It sounds like a SCAM. When it doesn't show up you call, and they ask your bank information.

BE CAREFUL!"

Some say they came from "The White House" ....................no logo, no seal, no stamp no letterhead.

If the ones from the "IRS" are similar, they are fake, hoping you'll call & then they will ask to verify your account number.

A few poor souls will be caught, the crooks will make some money...................yours.

MM

Give them a fake bank account number

That could be why you're not getting the money.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Real but late.

Same here.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's all a nefarious plot on the part of the government! By opening the letter, you have released a chemical agent that allows them to hear what you say and see what you do in your home!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Take it, buy $2800.00 in counterfeit $20 bills...

Give it away at NLM and Antifa Rally to all the participants..

Go home, get a beer, put your feet up, enjoy you beer after turning on the news and watch with pride, a bunch of NLM and Antifa people getting arrest for passing out counterfeit money.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I got same letter. Just figgered it was the money we already got. Been about two weeks ago now. I didn’t pay it much mind.

Same.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I got one too, telling me the audit from 3 years ago is complete, nothing changes other than they raped another tax payor forcing me to pay accountant and lawyer to keep them off my back.

I'm waiting for the 2019 audit to begin.

I want to send them a turd in a bag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did see where Biden is recommending the hiring of many IRS agents to perform more audits and go after taxpayers.

For most people with the 24K in joint deductions, there isn't much opportunity to scam the IRS.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yup. Pretty cut and dried.

Speaking of government efficiency, we’re still waiting on the refund for my father’s 2019 return......

Turned it over to a pro.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not sure if the US Government pays postage or not, but it needs to get paid indirectly somewhere and the wife and I both got that IRS letter just a week or two back about getting the stimulus check. Talk about poor planning and a waste of governmental resources! Stimulus checks were distributed months ago. The same thing happened last year. If everyone got a letter that got a stimulus check, just think about the waste of money. Not that they haven't squandered tax payer money in the past.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Biden reminding everyone he bought your vote. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Check your bank. You already got it.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

372 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.