Home

This sounds more serious than they initially said

"Fuel prices jumped in trading on Sunday night, as much of one of the largest pipelines in the U.S. remains closed following a cybersecurity attack.

Gasoline futures jumped 2% to $2.168 per gallon, while heating oil futures rose 1.2% to $2.03.

West Texas Intermediate crude futures, the U.S. oil benchmark, advanced 56 cents to $65.46 per barrel. International benchmark Brent crude traded at $68.95 per barrel, for a gain of 65 cents. Natural gas futures were at $2.96 per million British thermal units, while

Colonial Pipeline said Sunday evening that some of its smaller lateral lines between terminals and delivery points are once again online, but that its mainlines are still shut down.

“We are in the process of restoring service to other laterals and will bring our full system back online only when we believe it is safe to do so, and in full compliance with the approval of all federal regulations,” the company said in a statement.

How quickly service is restored to the pipeline remains the crucial factor to watch. While tank farms typically have a few days of stored fuel supply, a prolonged outage could lead to a spike in fuel prices."

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/09/gas...ains-shutdown-following-cyberattack.html
Manual override the big valves.

Couldn’t open the link. How much is the ransom amount ?
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Minimum 20 million.

🦫
China engineered a backdoor into their software.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Minimum 20 million.

🦫

I would have thought it to be much, much higher.
I miss DJT...

Minimum 20 million.

🦫

Minimum

🦫
Funny stuff here as always. I am sure Colonial Pipeline is giddy.

Minimum 20 million.

🦫

Minimum

🦫

The amount will increase as time passes and the pain increases.
Just a guess.
The payment amount won’t be disclosed to the public for obvious reasons.

Typically, the ransomware attackers set a price and don’t deviate from that amount.

The leverage is they can break everything within the network, rendering it useless.

Pay, or lose money by the minute and have to rebuild the entire platform again.

🦫
Originally Posted by EdM

Probably one of the more qualified people to comment on this... what’s your take Ed?

Typically, the ransomware attackers set a price and don’t deviate from that amount.

The leverage is they can break everything within the network, rendering it useless.

🦫

Unless they have backups from before the attack they can reload from and patch the holes. My guess is they don’t or they would be back online already. It could be messy and take time.

Companies that rely on tech seldom spend enough in right places.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

🦫

Unless they have backups from before the attack they can reload from and patch the holes. My guess is they don’t or they would be back online already. It could be messy and take time.

Companies that rely on tech seldom spend enough in right places.

No disagreement. It could be done.

Terabytes of backed up information could take months for some companies.

🦫
I got a Hunnert gallons stockpiled

🦫

Go huff on that 5 gal of paint some more
Lmao
#baller
Originally Posted by BobBrown

🦫

Lmao

What are you charging for Blow Jobs and do you still take coupons ?

Asking for your brother

🦫

🦫

Lmao

Asking for your brother

🦫

You’re sinking

Lol

🦫

Lmao

Asking for your brother

🦫

You’re sinking

Lol

Probably looks that way when you’re on your knees.

Suck, suck !

LMAO

🦫
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arns-Colonial-Pipeline-remains-shut.html

🦫
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I miss DJT...

+74m
Originally Posted by EdM

What took you so long? You didn't even comment on the other thread.
If they would just look into Hunters Lap Top, they would probably see who is behind it...
Hopefully all those people will stay put and not infest the rest of the country.
But wait, AOC has all of NYC running on wind and solar by now, right, so no biggie.......
This might be a good lesson for the NE libs. Run short of that bad carbon based fuel. May get an idea of how bad it’s needed. Hasbeen
On the radio it said it was a Russian group responsible, seems unlikely that could happen in Vlad’s bailiwick without his knowledge.
Anything that happens in his time in office will be blamed on the Russians.

Hell the cost going up on anything will be blamed on them.

Folks speeding will be blamed on them.

You get the idea. wink
Originally Posted by EdM

Why would they be “giddy”? No flow means no revenue. They don’t own any of the fuel in the lines.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Anything that happens in his time in office will be blamed on the Russians.

Hell the cost going up on anything will be blamed on them.

Folks speeding will be blamed on them.

You get the idea. wink

Birdie -

What makes you think it's without his knowledge?

He is one of the most powerful and richest men in the world. He controls the Russian military, the expatriates, the intelligence sources, the R. mafia,, the Oligarchs. Pretty sure he gets a cut from everyone, and everyone gets his approval first or later, if not outright orders..

Plus, if it drives oil prices up, it's good for Russias export prices.
Originally Posted by TimZ
But wait, AOC has all of NYC running on wind and solar by now, right, so no biggie.......

Thats what i was going to say. All the green bs and they still need real energy.

Funny scheit how the false lying propaganda can brainwash the public into believing whatever the MSM posts to cover for the truth.

The truth is available on the internet if you look hard enough:

HINT: LEAK..........
The FBI says it's a cyber attack group calling themselves 'Dark Side'. They take over a system and hold it for ransom. They say they hit large corporations and give part of the ransom to charities. You can bet that THAT's true, right?

DARK SIDE
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Funny scheit how the false lying propaganda can brainwash the public into believing whatever the MSM posts to cover for the truth.

What leak? Got a link?

FBI says Eastern European hacker group. Do you trust the FBI?

A) A random cyber-hack from a dubious eastern-European source, has compromised the refined fuel capacity in the United States?

~ OR…

B) The FBI, a political division -and state police- acting on behalf the U.S. intelligence community, are making this claim in order to provide cover for the Biden administration’s purposeful policies that are skyrocketing the price of fuel?
Federal Bureau of Lying
Maybe the old manual valves were a better mouse trap?
I looked up the Dark Side hacker group and can't find anything about where they're located. I've read 6 or 8 news reports and none of them say where the group is from. It appears that the news media is hiding that detail.
They insert a ransom ware program into a company's computer system and demand anywhere from $200k to $2 mill to remove. it.
My son-in-law is a supervisor in a refinery in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I’ll find out if a “cyberattack” can even shut a pipeline down. I know there are hundreds of valves on the pipeline that can be closed. Methinks I smell a rat
Biden Administration says “get used to it”. The globalist left is telegraphing.

Winning!
Originally Posted by EdM

Clueless, aren't they?
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
My son-in-law is a supervisor in a refinery in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I’ll find out if a “cyberattack” can even shut a pipeline down. I know there are hundreds of valves on the pipeline that can be closed. Methinks I smell a rat

...and every one of them will shut it down
All controlled by computer. A BILLION gallons per day. Like dope, most people have no grasp of the enormity of the demand. 27% of the nations fuel comes from a 50 mile stretch of Gulf Coast.
Fuel skyrocketing? Looked like a pretty slow trading day price-wise to me, less volatility than I expected (gas and diesel wise that is, didn't look at jet but it has been so low on demand has just been on par with diesel pricewise, no premium)

Those pipes carry multiple fuel grades in each line in batches, and I’m sure advanced programs and interlocks controlling what is picked up and when and where from/to those multiple locations... so yes, hacking that is most likely not just a simple matter of valves not opening and closing...

And no reason for CPL to be giddy either...
Completely filled up everything today, even the Cub Cadet. $2.69/gal (up from $1.72 in Jan. 21 FFUUCCKK YOU with a rusty nail Joe!
Stations here are running out . Ive got enough to last couple weeks and be able to fill mower up.
I went to get some diesel for the tractors today.

Our tank mart was OUT; baggie thing tied over the pumps. That’s their official sign.

Not sure if it’s related to any supply chain issues. Got some at another place 8 miles into the next county. So whatever, they gotcha either way. paid $2.99. Guess that aint much off the norm last few weeks.

Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
This might be a good lesson for the NE libs. Run short of that bad carbon based fuel. May get an idea of how bad it’s needed. Hasbeen

Not so sure of that , they don’t look at things the way we do . Probably be more like “can’t wait till we are fuel free and don’t have to endure these shortages “
Got a txt from some guys at hunting club saying they were having trouble finding fuel .
So I took the wife’s car and gassed it up , then the SUV , then the truck . When I got there with the truck , the pump said , pump off , pulled up to the next pump , same thing . Didn’t waste anytime , jumped in truck and went across the road . AsI i was pumping , looked back at the first store and people were standing at the pumps perplexed and continuing to try thier card .
Can’t read I guess .
World full of idiots .
Kenneth
If this goes on, by the end of the week there will be panic.
I heard today the Russians are to blame. The libs will say Trump was in on it before it's over. Anything to deflect the blame away from China.
If there were an actual catastrophic event in that area of the country, the WORLD economy would collapse over night. I know, people would rather not think of such things. Luckily, that area is in that area, but even that is no guarantee.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

What leak? Got a link?

How many stories do you want to read about it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hun...tf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

Two kids riding ATV's spotted the leak last year in August. It's been an ongoing leak since, and now they are being forced to repair it.
I'm pretty sure a billion gallons of fuel per day would not go overlooked.
Biden's Energy Secretary yesterday...

Granholm told White House reporters Tuesday that if you drive an electric car, fuel shortages "would not be affecting you, clearly."
Look at the bright side, NYC is on the far end.
I was by my neighborhood station this morning about 9:30. They have 8 pumps and they where all working. Only one vehicle fueling up. Then
Drove down to the Post Office to drop a piece of mail in the box and went by a Racetrac station at an I-75 interchange and major local arterial . 16 pumps there all working and only 4 vehicles there fueling. Certainly a different situation than the lines and empty pumps the last three days.
Not sure whats going on there presently. One thing about gas is that the average driver doesn't really have anyway to hoard gas. You can toss a years worth of tp in your spare bedroom but with gas most people are limited to what ever they can get in their car.
Price was $2.87 at both locations same as it was last Monday when I filled up last.
If y'all would just quit buyin gas for two weeks, we could flatten the curve.
© 24hourcampfire