Home
It happens more than you think.

https://www.jeffrobertsassociates.com/before-you-stop-that-shoplifter/

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...er-stopping-gun-theft-suspect/772900002/

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1504353/grocery-worker-fired-stopping-thief/

and the list goes on n on
Happens a lot, unfortunately - and that truly sux... It's just not right.
The way this country is going it will someday be illegal to stop an armed robber of shoplifter under penalty of law. If you dare to do something radical like stop a robbery you will go to jail just like all the other good samaritans they will be prosecuting. Along with anyone else who dares to defend themselves. It'll be set up just like the goofy system in the U.K. where you can get in legal trouble for defending yourself.
My brother got fired for that year's ago, the late 80s when he was a delivery guy for Dominos Pizza.
Woke companies are sucking the life out of America. Wait til one of these murderers takes the elevator to the top floor at their office and see what happens. The place will be like DC.
If I'm clerking some stopn'rob and I pull a gun on a robber, I'm not protecting the store, I'm protecting myself and any customers in it. The stores are right. Nothing of theirs is worth my life or anybody else's. No thief's life is worth mine or an innocent customer's either. The big corporations can f u c k themselves.
Agreed
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Woke companies are sucking the life out of America. Wait til one of these murderers takes the elevator to the top floor at their office and see what happens. The place will be like DC.

Ah if only that elevator ride would come.
Corporate policy does apply.
This x100. Any companies biggest asset and liability is the employee. That's why they only want you to observe and report. Loss Prevention employees nothwithstanding.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If I'm clerking some stopn'rob and I pull a gun on a robber, I'm not protecting the store, I'm protecting myself and any customers in it. The stores are right. Nothing of theirs is worth my life or anybody else's. No thief's life is worth mine or an innocent customer's either. The big corporations can f u c k themselves.
Good thing I never had to work in an environment like that. I'd have to think really hard about accepting a job that doesn't allow me to protect myself. I see the corporation's point however in regard to robbery. $500 worth of cash or junk food is one hour of a lawyer's time, and there will be 1000's of hours of lawyers time dealing with any sort of brandishing, shooting, or defensive claims. It's just not worth it, from anyone's standpoint. If it's more than a robbery and it's a genuine threat to someone's life, it's a completely different situation. The issue is, that a robbery, especially armed, and threat to life may not be easily distinguished.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

But you agree that if you're clerking there, and see some thug come in with a gun in hand, you can safely assume that if you don't quickly acquire the upper hand, he will likely get the jump on you, at which point your life will be in his hands, right? So, under these circumstances, in order to defend yourself, you need to quickly gain the upper hand. Just doing nothing would put your life in jeopardy.

I think you were saying this, but wasn't 100% sure.
Don't work for azzhats that have policies to prevent you from protecting yourself.
© 24hourcampfire