Home
Posted By: RS308MX My brother has cancer...... - 05/18/21
And could use some help. Things aren't looking too good. This is a very hard thing for me to do. I'm generally a very private person.

Hi all. I hate having to put this out there but my brother Mike could really use some help. His cancer has progressed and he is now in a clinical trial in hopes for a cure. He has been through so much. If you can help, a go fund me link is attached. Detailed information on Mike's battle is available on the link. If you could pass the link on to anyone you think may want to help, please do. Again, this is something I would ask if the need wasn't urgent. Prayers and good thoughts are also accepted and appreciated! Thank you all.

https://gofund.me/3940d960
Posted By: ACTDad Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/18/21
I know this fight well. I am in my third round of lymphoma in 5 years. This time it is diffuse large b cell in my shoulder. I can honestly say the hardest part for me is trying to mask my concerns for family. They need to see me as strong and fighting, I am of course ( no wish to lose this fight) but the chemo is tough sometimes. I would really like to have someone I could share the concerns,fears and weaker moments with. I know it is not easy but try to be that ear for your brother, be the Strong one in some conversations and let him show the vulnerability all cancer patient have. I will be praying him
RS,

I pray for your brother's quick recovery.
I vaguely remember a few things from one doctor's podcast. It's just one perspective whose experience may or may not be helpful. Nevertheless I will post the links here in case they may be of value or consideration.

Fundraising considerations:
https://youtu.be/8xHSjflAQZo

List of podclasses, some of which cover the topic of cancer testing, diagnostics, and treatment.
1st, 15-17, etc.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Vitality7able/search?query=Cancer%20

RS, I am very sorry that your brother is suffering such a difficult disease. He and you are in my prayers. You may not know this, but a lot of people won't donate through go fund me because go fund me chose to shut down the account for Kyle Rittenhouse's defense. I am one of those. Juts something to think about. Here's wishing you and yours the very best.
I hear you all too well. My brother has colon cancer and is down to 112 lbs. We bring him food and try to get him to eat but the chemo is sucking away at his appetite. I have already lost a sister in law and a cousin this year. 2021 is not looking good for my family.
Posted By: Deans Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/18/21
Prayers sent.
Praying for you and your Brother.

I hope your brother kicks cancers ass and kicks it's bad!
Posted By: KFWA Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
I wish we could cure cancer. Sooner or later it touches every family
Originally Posted by ACTDad
I know this fight well. I am in my third round of lymphoma in 5 years. This time it is diffuse large b cell in my shoulder. I can honestly say the hardest part for me is trying to mask my concerns for family. They need to see me as strong and fighting, I am of course ( no wish to lose this fight) but the chemo is tough sometimes. I would really like to have someone I could share the concerns,fears and weaker moments with. I know it is not easy but try to be that ear for your brother, be the Strong one in some conversations and let him show the vulnerability all cancer patient have. I will be praying him

I went through this with my wife. She shared all those concerns and confided a lot in me, to be honest I wanted to go crawl in the corner and ball my eyes out, my wife was dying and there was not one fuqking thing I could do about it but I stood hard and she never even had a clue about this.

By Gods grace she survived, I owe a lot to the Doctors and Nurses that helped her along the way, they saved my wife. I hope I never have to watch my wife go through this again, hopefully the lord will see fit to take me before this happens.

You can confide in anyone of us here or all of us if you would like.

Bottoms up to kicking cancers ass Boys!
Posted By: Krazi Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
Pray hard. My wife went through a five year battle that included 3 courses of chemo and a 40 dose course of radiation then a stem cell trans plant. She came out the other side. 8 years clean and counting. Doc said for that kind of cancer, pretty good!
Prayers sent
Posted By: 163bc Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
prayers for your brother
Praying for Mike’s healing and his financial needs. We have a powerful, merciful God. Nothing is impossible with God.
Posted By: ftbt Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
Lost my wife to cancer. Multiple prayers going out to him and his family.
Originally Posted by ACTDad

Will be praying for your healing as well, ACTDad. Keep fighting hard and have faith.
My mother fought this chit on and off for 9 years before it got her. I wish your brother the best of luck. Prayers are being sent.
Originally Posted by silver78
I hear you all too well. My brother has colon cancer and is down to 112 lbs. We bring him food and try to get him to eat but the chemo is sucking away at his appetite. I have already lost a sister in law and a cousin this year. 2021 is not looking good for my family.

Praying for healing for your brother and that things turn around for your family.
Prayers for your brother.......
Posted By: pahick Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
Praying for Mike!
So sorry and prayers. My Sister succumbed to Brain Cancer this year. Prayers 🙏🏻
Posted By: MPat70 Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/19/21
Take it from someone who had been there..... Family support is a great value to the suffering. Stay together, stay strong and help out when ever possible........ Prayers 🙏
Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. Sorry to hear of the cancer you and your loved ones have faced and are going through. My brother Mike is the youngest of 8 kids. Our mother died of breast cancer in 1976 at the age of 42. Mike was just 8 years old. Our dad died in 1998 of lung cancer. Mike was at his side when he passed. One of our sisters was able to survive a long hard fight with sarcoma. We have faced a lot but know that others have gone through so much more. Please keep the prayers coming! Mike is going through a stage one trial and its probably his last hope. Thank you.
Prayers sent for your brother,,stand fast for him.As a cancer survivor myself,i know,believe me,i know.All my best to you and yours.
Update on my brother. Not good at all. The cancer has spread into his groin and lymph nodes. Nothing more can be done to save him. My little brother only has a few weeks to live at best. His wife is getting him home with the help of Hospice. My six sisters and I will be making our way to Oregon to spend what little time he has left with him. I am completely numb. He is the youngest of us all and12 years younger than me. He's only 53. How do you say goodbye?
Damn, I’m sorry to hear of this. Prayers for all involved, from us in N.C. I know this is extremely tough for you. I had to say “goodbye” to our good friend on the Campfire, hillbillybear, just a couple weeks ago. It was tough enough with him being a buddy, let alone a brother. Again, I’m very sorry to hear of this, and we will offer up prayers on your behalf.
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Update on my brother. Not good at all. The cancer has spread into his groin and lymph nodes. Nothing more can be done to save him. My little brother only has a few weeks to live at best. His wife is getting him home with the help of Hospice. My six sisters and I will be making our way to Oregon to spend what little time he has left with him. I am completely numb. He is the youngest of us all and12 years younger than me. He's only 53. How do you say goodbye?

My cousin passed from colon cancer in January of 20 at 47. My mom and my sister were his caretakers. My mom got a stomach cancer diagnosis in November of 20 and passed in January just a few days short of my cousins passing. My cousin had a long hard battle. My moms was untreatable. It's impossible to tell you how to say goodbye. It will be your own words coming from from your heart. All I can say is don't hold back or hold it in.
I wish you and your family peace, comfort and healing in this terrible time.
when they start losing weigh from treatments try to talk them into getting a stomach feeding tube. 3 people in know that have gotten have been able to thru treatments without losing much weigh. it really helps to keep there strength up.
Originally Posted by RS308MX
He's only 53. How do you say goodbye?

I'm very sorry, this is a tough thing.

Remember this is your last chance, Tell him everything you've ever wanted to tell him.
Prayer sent for healing, comforting, and strength.
Prayers sent, Sir.
Posted By: memtb Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/22/21

Praying for his recovery and much strength for your family! memtb
Lord Jesus,we pray for Mike, and his family.
Please give strength, and guidance.

In Your Name we pray, and Your will be done, Amen.
Prayers sent.........
Posted By: Huntz Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/22/21
Think of all the money wasted on COVID that could have gone for cancer research.I am sorry to hear about your Brother and pray he will not suffer.
Thanks again guys. I'm flying out on Tuesday morning to be with him. I have one sister on the way there now. The others will flying out soon also. This is tough. Your prayers and concerns are comforting. Thank you.
[Linked Image from cdn.quotesgram.com]
The best thing you can do for your brother, is just be there.
Pray, pray, and pray more. For his, and for your own sake. It helps.
Posted By: pahick Re: My brother has cancer...... - 05/22/21
God be with you all. Be strong for him, know its hard, but im sure he'd want it that way.
I’m so sorry for what you are going through. May God bless you, your brother Mike and your families. I lost my wife seven years ago to leukemia. She was 43 and left me and three kids. It’s a hell of a thing to die at a younger age like that. Even worse for those left behind.
© 24hourcampfire