Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RS308MX Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
And could use some help. Things aren't looking too good. This is a very hard thing for me to do. I'm generally a very private person.

Hi all. I hate having to put this out there but my brother Mike could really use some help. His cancer has progressed and he is now in a clinical trial in hopes for a cure. He has been through so much. If you can help, a go fund me link is attached. Detailed information on Mike's battle is available on the link. If you could pass the link on to anyone you think may want to help, please do. Again, this is something I would ask if the need wasn't urgent. Prayers and good thoughts are also accepted and appreciated! Thank you all.

https://gofund.me/3940d960

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
GB1

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I know this fight well. I am in my third round of lymphoma in 5 years. This time it is diffuse large b cell in my shoulder. I can honestly say the hardest part for me is trying to mask my concerns for family. They need to see me as strong and fighting, I am of course ( no wish to lose this fight) but the chemo is tough sometimes. I would really like to have someone I could share the concerns,fears and weaker moments with. I know it is not easy but try to be that ear for your brother, be the Strong one in some conversations and let him show the vulnerability all cancer patient have. I will be praying him

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RS,

I pray for your brother's quick recovery.
I vaguely remember a few things from one doctor's podcast. It's just one perspective whose experience may or may not be helpful. Nevertheless I will post the links here in case they may be of value or consideration.

Fundraising considerations:
https://youtu.be/8xHSjflAQZo

List of podclasses, some of which cover the topic of cancer testing, diagnostics, and treatment.
1st, 15-17, etc.

https://m.youtube.com/user/Vitality7able/search?query=Cancer%20

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 05/18/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RS, I am very sorry that your brother is suffering such a difficult disease. He and you are in my prayers. You may not know this, but a lot of people won't donate through go fund me because go fund me chose to shut down the account for Kyle Rittenhouse's defense. I am one of those. Juts something to think about. Here's wishing you and yours the very best.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hear you all too well. My brother has colon cancer and is down to 112 lbs. We bring him food and try to get him to eat but the chemo is sucking away at his appetite. I have already lost a sister in law and a cousin this year. 2021 is not looking good for my family.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Praying for you and your Brother.

I hope your brother kicks cancers ass and kicks it's bad!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish we could cure cancer. Sooner or later it touches every family

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ACTDad
I know this fight well. I am in my third round of lymphoma in 5 years. This time it is diffuse large b cell in my shoulder. I can honestly say the hardest part for me is trying to mask my concerns for family. They need to see me as strong and fighting, I am of course ( no wish to lose this fight) but the chemo is tough sometimes. I would really like to have someone I could share the concerns,fears and weaker moments with. I know it is not easy but try to be that ear for your brother, be the Strong one in some conversations and let him show the vulnerability all cancer patient have. I will be praying him

I went through this with my wife. She shared all those concerns and confided a lot in me, to be honest I wanted to go crawl in the corner and ball my eyes out, my wife was dying and there was not one fuqking thing I could do about it but I stood hard and she never even had a clue about this.

By Gods grace she survived, I owe a lot to the Doctors and Nurses that helped her along the way, they saved my wife. I hope I never have to watch my wife go through this again, hopefully the lord will see fit to take me before this happens.

You can confide in anyone of us here or all of us if you would like.

Bottoms up to kicking cancers ass Boys!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Pray hard. My wife went through a five year battle that included 3 courses of chemo and a 40 dose course of radiation then a stem cell trans plant. She came out the other side. 8 years clean and counting. Doc said for that kind of cancer, pretty good!

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Prayers sent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
prayers for your brother

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Praying for Mike’s healing and his financial needs. We have a powerful, merciful God. Nothing is impossible with God.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Lost my wife to cancer. Multiple prayers going out to him and his family.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ACTDad

Will be praying for your healing as well, ACTDad. Keep fighting hard and have faith.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mother fought this chit on and off for 9 years before it got her. I wish your brother the best of luck. Prayers are being sent.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by silver78
I hear you all too well. My brother has colon cancer and is down to 112 lbs. We bring him food and try to get him to eat but the chemo is sucking away at his appetite. I have already lost a sister in law and a cousin this year. 2021 is not looking good for my family.

Praying for healing for your brother and that things turn around for your family.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for your brother.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Praying for Mike!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
So sorry and prayers. My Sister succumbed to Brain Cancer this year. Prayers 🙏🏻

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (270cowboy, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 40 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.