Home
after clicking this...three thugs are busting your door. What can you arm yourself with literally right now?

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

After watching some ASP videos, I'm re-evaluating complacency at home.
...tennis shoe...maybe?
I can get a good picture of them before I go down if my autofocus is fast enough. OTOH, my wife is between me and the front door.
my xd40 is right here. the ar is near the back door. the model 66 is downstairs and the 642 is in the bedroom along with an 870 youth 20 gauge
365XL right now
Hmm

I’m taking a dump right now

White Rain extra hold all I got
Sitting here at the computer I'm figuring in about 6-8 seconds I could have a loaded 4" S&W 686 in hand if need be.
Yep. As I type there’s a Colt Commander on the couch by my right arm.
Bathroom gun is important, also!
(That’s What she said)
A little Stoeger stagecoach gun loaded with 4 buck!
I would use the Glock 19 I've been wearing all day.
I'd bore them until they put me on ignore.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Lmao. That’s your best yet. Lol
Glock 23
Ruger 9mm
870 riot gun.....
Depends on what room I'm in......
But if I'm in my car......... lol
Originally Posted by crittrgittr

#4 buck is never wrong.
Originally Posted by rem141r
my xd40 is right here. the ar is near the back door. the model 66 is downstairs and the 642 is in the bedroom along with an 870 youth 20 gauge

Glock in a plastic bag in the shower stall.
I'd wait for the social workers to arrive.
Ar15
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Lmao. That’s your best yet. Lol

Good thing you quoted him.
Lol

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
AR 15
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Glock in a plastic bag in the shower stall.

no bag
20 gauge
38 spl
40 sw
9mm, pistol and carbine

On the other side of the room is 7.62x54r and 223
2.5" lock-blade Buck pocket knife and the remote control.
45 70 will cave in a a vest or aim below the belt .

Double bit axe would be fun
two letter openers
Remington 1100 with magazine extension, 00 buck.
About 4 seconds away from the 12 gauge loaded with #4 buck.
870 with extended mag. Yeehaw.
The dual-bevel mitre saw and the ice fishing auger would be kinda tough to manipulate, so I'd probably go for the chainsaw.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hmm

I stand corrected, or sit.

Reqlized I did have my edc

[url=https://postimg.cc/vcRSSVry][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
If you carry daily, consistently and you’re not carrying a hand cannon, you don’t know it’s there, becomes natural. I never even think about it unless I take a nap and I rarely do that.
Use the G17 on my hip to get me the 18 feet to the 870P full of 4 buck and a couple of slugs. Or the 10 feet to the tomahawk by the stove. That would be fun...
The Sig P226 in .357sig thats on my hip.

Will use that and if I need to continue the fight, I have a Mossy 590 with 9 rounds of #1 buck about 10 ft away. Chamber loaded, no need to rack
Wife’s dogs.

Good thought on the youth gun. If kids are gonna eat the food and use the internet, they can help protect the place. Freedom is not free!
Socom 16 .
Right now, a 1911 in .45 ACP. I can have it in hand in seconds.
Sig 229 in 40 S&W with night sights also loaded with Black Talons.
Hmm

Careful, that would be a bad place to drop that
Hmm

You need a Gofundme.

#underwear
Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, and while this is SAO it might be my second choice to a Colt Model 70 Gov't series 1911 45 auto. that's just beside my 'puter.

if they chase me there's more. Lots more.
That or you forgot something.
Remmy 870 Marine Magnum Tac 14.
Glock 21 sitting at the computer. Usually carry a 38 s&w snubby if going outside.
Hmm

at least you didn't show us your tighty whiteys
Am I in the car? Or am I standing outside? Or am I inside my house? What makes you think there are only 2 choices?

Because if I am in my vehicle (Ford F-250 diesel) I have a razor sharp KaBar in the side door panel and I'm going to slash the punk across the neck or face immediately. If I am home a 12 ga pump is by the door. If I am out in town outside the vehicle I will use what I can grab fastest which varies from day to day.
Originally Posted by MAC
Am I in the car? Or am I standing outside? Because if I am in my vehicle (Ford F-250 diesel) I have a KaBar in the side door panel and I'm going to slash the punk across the neck or face. If I am outside the vehicle I will use what I can grab fastest. What makes you think there are only 2 choices?

Think he said 2 seconds not 2 choices.
Hmm

That’s not RenFitty

He is bow legged.
Originally Posted by MAC
Am I in the car? Or am I standing outside? Because if I am in my vehicle (Ford F-250 diesel) I have a KaBar in the side door panel and I'm going to slash the punk across the neck or face. If I am outside the vehicle I will use what I can grab fastest. What makes you think there are only 2 choices?

Two second guarantee ? You’re a master
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by MAC

You should know, your ass looks like an overstuffed cannoli. Lmao

#4 buck is never wrong.

A Texas Ranger told me that's his shotgun load.
Originally Posted by StrayDog

#4 buck is never wrong.

A Texas Ranger told me that's his shotgun load.

Destroys coyotes. 41 .243 buck tears em up.

Patterns better than 00 too
Originally Posted by cra1948
Wife’s dogs.

Exactly, our shepherd will keep him busy for atleast extra time.
Originally Posted by MAC

As in Renegade? Whatever bro
Originally Posted by MAC

Pretty sure Ren would mop the floor with your ass, good thing it’s the internet. Keep on fluffing, lmao.
I’d have a bit more time than 2 seconds......home access (driveway) and perimeter motion detectors! That said, 3 or 4 seconds away, a Springfield XDS 45 ACP. The wife, a Sig 928....2 to 3 seconds away.

The motion detectors give more than adequate time to access an AR and a Winchester 12 ga. Defender.....both ready for service! memtb
Hmm

Lighter?
Conrad : “I’ve only needed two seconds my entire life anyway!”
Originally Posted by MAC

Pretty sure Ren would mop the floor with your ass, good thing it’s the internet. Keep on fluffing, lmao.

Sounds like you been stroking on RenFitty LOL
Originally Posted by MAC

Sounds like you been stroking on RenFitty LOL

Sounds like you know it’s true, just too big a pussy behind that sock puppet. Lol
Out in the field irrigating. Soo...
17 hmr would have to do. Or I could throw about 6 empty Coors Light cans at them.
No way I'm waisting the full ones...
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Wait for his Friday music thread. Oops maybe it already started
Big ass dog and a steak knife
Glock 43 loaded with 147 grain Federal HST. That's for fighting my way to the closet to retrieve my Benelli Super Nova Tactical loaded with Federal Flight Control 00 buckshot.

Ron
We don’t even lock our doors. 7 houses on our gravel road, and 4 are relatives.
Keep a loaded 17hmr by the back door to shoot groundhogs or rabbits out of the garden and to intimidate the daughters boyfriend, So I guess a rogue band of home invaders would get that.
I would have plenty of warning , 5 dogs 3 outside and one wont even let me pet him .They got to kill them first .

Thats advanced warning system
Got to get past the gtri dog first then can engage with multiple firearms. AR, pistol, revolver, old 97 that holds 7 mini buck loads.
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
after clicking this...three thugs are busting your door. What can you arm yourself with literally right now?

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

Colt 6920 with a can and a D60 full of gold dots.
One of the scams in the Baton Rouge greater area had been 2 black guys dressed with tactical gear and tags and badges hung around their necks like Dog the Bounty Hunter and posing as cops serving a warrant. They’ve hit well to do areas and generally hit several homes in a day,

Folks open their door to them and the robbery is on.
One of the scams in the Baton Rouge greater area had been 2 black guys dressed with tactical gear and tags and badges hung around their necks like Dog the Bounty Hunter and posing as cops serving a warrant. They’ve hit well to do areas and generally hit several homes in a day,

Who the hell opens the door for two darkies with 511 gear on?
I feel they had it coming...
2 seconds, M&P 9mm with 18 rounds of 147 HST. Then on to another M&P in 40 cal with 16 rounds of 180 HST. Then an 870 youth 20 gauge with #3 buck. Not counting the German Shepherd and various cutting instruments handy. That is just in the bedroom. I could hold up here a while.
Like many, my answer would depend on where in the house I was when the thugs' poorly conceived seige took place. I'm in my basement now, so if my heavy glass slider got smashed in, it'd be either a pickaxe, an 8 lb sledgehammer or a beat up pistol grip 500 pumpgun loaded with 1.5 oz of 3" steel goose BBs. If I had a few seconds to evaluate and saw three skinny, weakling crackheads, I might opt for a large can of Lysol and a Bic lighter. Or a fire extinguisher. Or a heavy brass lamp. Or a rusty machete. Anyone with experience with violent physical encounters knows you use what you've got and go straight madman until the threat is no more. Mrs. KG on a flight to Asia once asked me what I'd do in a 'you know we're gonna' die scenario. 'I'd fight until they were dead or I was', I told her. 'With WHAT?', she asked. 'You're unarmed!' Nonsense. This belt buckle wrapped in a t-shirt is a mace. This pencil is something that'll ruin anyone's day if I drive it through their eye. Your thin leather belt is suitable for strangulating a man, as is a laptop power cord. If it made sense I'd suffocate a MF with a drycleaning bag...' 'Oh, OK Daddy!' wink
19, 870
SandBilly would inhale $12.90 worth of KFC.

LOL
Ruger LC9s Pro, next to my keyboard.
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

That’s all your wife charges me, lmao. Chicken is chicken.

Thanks fro drilling that pilot hole, I’d hate to crack that [bleep].
Beav goes to the glory hole
Is that the two breast and four thigh meal? Four biscuits

Lol
LWRC REPR, 26 rounds of 150gr e-tips at 2770 fps, Glock 21, 14 rounds Lehigh penetrators at 1050.

Lol

Perfect timing for the fluffer. Travis Frost just thinks Fireballz doxed his ass. Lmfao
Bersa .380. It’s literally putting a dimple in my ass as I type.
Originally Posted by RUM7

Who the hell opens the door for two darkies with 511 gear on?
I feel they had it coming...

“They looked so official and had papers “.

They hit 2 smaller areas north and south of town also.
Hmm

we shot an IDPA stage once where we started simulating being on the pot (pants up of course)...
If they interrupt whatever my wife is watching on tv they be in bad trouble.

They might just shoot themselves in 2 seconds.

Lol

Perfect timing for the fluffer. Travis Frost just thinks Fireballz doxed his ass. Lmfao

Go fluff Toots pubes

Lol

Go fluff Toots pubes

Lol at you, always sucking certain people off. Fluffer is perfect.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Hmm

we shot an IDPA stage once where we started simulating being on the pot (pants up of course)...

Lid off of the toilet tank would be a real mother fugger!!!
S&W 38 Special loaded with some of the gummy tipped Hornady bullets.
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
I would have plenty of warning , 5 dogs 3 outside and one wont even let me pet him .They got to kill them first .

Thats advanced warning system

Thanks for that. Best giggle I've had today. My labs would probably snarl, bare fangs and look all Hounds-From-Hades for about 12 seconds, then be all, 'the yum yums are on that counter, the big safe is in the study and the jewelry is in that room. So, let's begin with the yum yums, shall we?' wink
High Standard Model 10B in the computer room. Bedrooms there is usually a 45 Judge on the wife's side and a 38 special Colt or S&W on my side, but that is subject to mood or whatever I have been playing with or taken a fancy too lately.
Colt Delta Elite carrying Black Talons
Originally Posted by Godogs57

That’s what I call, all in.
Got my 40 with 15 rounds of 155 ball at arms reach
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Bersa .380. It’s literally putting a dimple in my ass as I type.

The Bersa Thunder! Great little pistol.
I worked many years as a paramedic. Don't let anyone kid you, you DO NOT want to get hit with a .380
Especially not in the chest or the stomach.
Whiskey glass, drink table, remote control, ottoman in order. I ain’t throwing my wife’s new chairs.
The yellow dog approaching 80# will have a come apart.

I ain't telling you what's next.
XD 40 with buffalo bore rounds within reach at all times.
Double barrel 12 ga at bedside. 20 ga pump & 22lr at front door. Winchester 94 30-30 & 22lr at back door. AR-15 in hallway. I'm ready👍 bring on the NAPA's
I would call the cops.

"For thugs, press 9"
I’m a helluva lot more concerned about my own govt than common criminals.
For thugs, squeeze 9mm 😁
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
I would use the Glock 19 I've been wearing all day.

This,^^^^ if you are not tuned in to wearing it like you do your pants you have chosen to limit your options.

mike r
From my current seat in the Gay Rog?

Pair of pliers and a blow torch 🖕

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

Been over ten minutes and the only one to turn up is my wife with a Dare Double Expresso milk for me.
AAAIIEEEE ! Get back !
I know Judo ! Karate !Tiki Torch ! And a couple more Japanese words !
Yeah that’s right , I’m bad I’m bad !
Kenneth
Hellcat full of 147 gr HST's
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
AAAIIEEEE ! Get back !
Kenneth

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'll blow your balls off.
Glock 20 I guess, it’s the closest.
There is a S&W shield loaded with 147 gr HPs in the left hand drawer of the desk I'm sitting at. A 44 special just happens be be on a table behind me, it's not supposed to be there but I removed it from my truck when a friend borrowed the truck and haven't yet put it back
8 9s, and 5 44s and either they will be down or I will
Here at my kitchen bar where I have my command post all I have is an S&W 66 w/+P .38s and a 36 snubby with semi-wadcutters. If it begins back in my bedroom there is a Model 870 loaded with the first two coming out are non-lethal with the next 3 being magnum steel shot duck loads. Once that is exhausted there is an AK-47 loaded to the gills with hard stuff with hollow points. I would really prefer no problems but I stay pretty much in arms reach at home and pack outside.
Also got the Benelli SB1 sitting in the corner loaded with some 3 1/2 inch Dead Coyote T shot... Nothings to good for our friends. LOL
Sig 45 or the 12 gauge or both
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
AAAIIEEEE ! Get back !
Kenneth

Ah, yes, the consummate and unambiguous threat of ancient Japanese 'never surrender': TIKI HUT BYOTCHES!
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Right now, a 1911 in .45 ACP. I can have it in hand in seconds.

Same here. Plus I’ve always got my Ruger LCP 380 in my shorts pocket even when laying around the house. 🤠
I have nunchakus , picked up a set in Makati .
10mm Short (.40 S&W) right in their face.
.45 and stay alive.....on the platform of your choice.
I always have more than 2 seconds with my obnoxious watch dogs...😁
XD40 and LCP2 are on night stand at the ready.
They better have masks on before they come in here!
I have a 12 gauge pump with a tac light that's stuffed full of 00 buck within arms reach at this particular point in time.
I'd hand 'em the remote, "I gotta go whizz...See if you guys can find something to watch, all I see is 'woe is me' black movies."
I'm 160' off the road. I have a driveway alarm that chimes when a car or something enters the driveway. We don't pay much attention to it at night because deer set it off 3 or 4 times. My backup is my dog that will let me know if it's something other than wildlife. In that case I have a S&W pre model 10, .38 special right next to my recliner and a Mossberg 500, 12 gauge next to the bed if I've called it a night.
Two Norwegian Elkhounds
1911 45 6 seconds pearing knife 5 inch blade just sharpened
Originally Posted by MadMooner

That's what you use after you cap their knees. Let the fun begin. laugh

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

I am within 20 feet of a loaded firearm in my home if I am in a bad spot, but within arms reach 90% of the time.
Thats actually happened to me between 3-4 AM when working in Texas. Three big thugs. I wasn't given the notice of an entry like the one in your scenario. They were already committing murder, rather trying to while I was sleeping in my bed .
They weren't going to kill me since my boss was there.
He's not called the Almighty Lord of Armies for nothing.

Right now I have with me multiple weapons that easily penetrates body armor and leaves massive wound channels. One for each hand.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by MadMooner

That's what you use after you cap their knees. Let the fun begin. laugh

BobbyBrownEye would throw his anal beads and blow his rape whistle.

🦫

LOL

SandBilly hit the drive thru and be like “I’ll have the number three. And the number one, and four and five and six and nine and 12 and I’ll be paying in change.”

LOL
so I read the OP and then read the last post on page 14 by our buddy Travis...

Interesting migration from there to here....

but that is what the campfire is famous for.
All in fun Seafire, all in fun.
Originally Posted by duck911

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

I am within 20 feet of a loaded firearm in my home if I am in a bad spot, but within arms reach 90% of the time.

60% of the time, it works every time.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Don't even have to open the door.

... until it's time to clean up the mess.
M92 357 carbine

LOL

SandBilly hit the drive thru and be like “I’ll have the number three. And the number one, and four and five and six and nine and 12 and I’ll be paying in change.”

LOL

Cause you know I’m alone. Lmao

#[bleep]

You get anymore original I’m not sure I can take it.
Fire up a sock puppet so you can suck yourself off some more. Lmfao

Does that really work?

Does that really work?

You’re the master, you know. Attention whores have their ways.
Lol...I'm at the office. We have a few 240's and 60,000 go-ready rounds. It would take me five minutes to remember the combinations though. G19 ain't to far away though and two really nice sets of cutlery between me and it.
2 seconds wouldn’t let any thug past the first pile of newspapers. I could finish breakfast before they got halfway across the living room. If one of the cats didn’t get them first, the smell would.

I should get the fridge fixed, it is so bad, I can’t hardly stand the smell.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Hmm

If you've got a lighter close as well you might could be OK. Potato-gun physics says AquaNet is more explosive but in a pinch.........
With only 2 seconds I'd be trouble, but within 5 seconds they'd be in trouble. My thinking is, your a dumbazz if you don't have a firearm within arms length at all times.
Glock 26 w/ 17 rounds of 124 Gr HSTs always appendix-carried which gets me to my bedroom where my AR is ready to be dropped into battery with 1 of 6 loaded 30 round MAGs.

I have my Sig P-365 in my jammie pocket as I type.

I'm upstairs, and can get to my AR loaded W/30 rounds of V Max ammo, as the front door is broken in.

The perps. just hit the wrong house.

Virgil B.
SW 36...........

and by the time I get to the door a SIG P220...........
The possibility of that scenario occurring is so remote, I don't feel the need. To get to the house, which is not visible from the main road, they have to drive in on 1/2 of rough gravel driveway, open two creaky gates (without alerting the Airdale). At this point they have 125 yds to go before they get to the house. As I said, pretty unlikely. On the way to the house, they would have to deal with the Airdale. She won't bite but will annoy the hell out of anyone. GD
Hmm

We need a sub From the Can.
Right at the moment I'm sitting at my desk at work. The best that I can do is a pair of scissors. I guess I could throw my stapler at them.
M1 carbine w 30 round mag in it and 2 more 15 rounders in pouch on stock.
Sits in the corner right beside my chair

There are 2 loaded ARs within 10 feet of me as well
Annoying little yapper dogs would give me enough time to get to the LC9 on top of the reefer.
get a dog
I guess I got hung up on the 2 second factor, it is both a conceivable problem and a solvable one. A timer would test your plan. A trained person can draw, target ID, discriminate, aim and fire a few shots in that time. When standing and waiting for the beep.

I just ran the scenario w/ my wife using the stopwatch on her phone in a motel room while seated in an armchair and wearing my G19 AIWB. 2 seconds is not much time, even when prepared to react.

Reality is a bitdch.

mike r
Concealed carry dog?

If your dogs don't give you ore than 2 seconds warning, shoot the dog.

Mostly, mine guard the door to make sure no one leaves without them.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I can get a good picture of them before I go down if my autofocus is fast enough. OTOH, my wife is between me and the front door.

Cool. She can buy you some time.

If it was my wife, I'd just wait until she annoys them so much that they would beat feet.
Sitting at the desk in my home office, at the moment.

There is a 3" barreled Ruger GP100 .357 in the middle left desk drawer. It's fully loaded with 145 grain Silvertips.

There is a Ruger Mini-14 between the desk and the wall loaded with 20 rounds of 45 grain Ballistic Tips. I loaded it and put it there on election night last year, and it's been there since.

My bedroom has a Colt Combat Commander 1911 loaded with 200 grain Silvertips on the shelf under the nightstand tabletop. Also a Winchester 1200 Pump police riot gun is behind the nightstand loaded with 00 buckshot.

The two 90+ lb. Akitas will pretty much deter anyone other than law enforcement from entering.
What am I gonna do with the 2d second?
Originally Posted by las
Concealed carry dog?

If your dogs don't give you ore than 2 seconds warning, shoot the dog.

Mostly, mine guard the door to make sure no one leaves without them.

Mine do to, all I have to do is put my hat on. However if strangers broke in the door my Catahoula would certainly give me several seconds to save them from her if I could pull it off. Tuned 1911 for me, seven shots is plenty.
S&W 649 ,Then my 12ga. Model 12.
I opened this thread thinkin it would be about sex.....
#disappointed
I am carrying from the moment I put cloths on in the morning and I have a rifle next to my bed even as I sleep.

Can I be ambushed at home? Yes, as all people can, but I may be high on the list of those it is dangerous to ambush. That's the goal anyway. Be hard to kill and very dangerous for any to try.
The gun is not a weapon, it's a tool.
YOU are the weapon (if you have the correct mindset.)
41 magnum within 2 seconds at the moment.
A bit more in 4 seconds
If I tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Or perhaps need fresh ammo.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
What am I gonna do with the 2d second?

Look for toilet paper.
Damnit, where's that LCP!
Originally Posted by smarquez
Annoying little yapper dogs would give me enough time to get to the LC9 on top of the reefer.

According to a serial burglar in Victoria those little yapping dogs were the domiciles he avoided, big nasty biting ones were easily baited but the yappers caused him no end of problems.
I wouldn’t mind chucking a harpoon through an intruders chest. Second thought, maybe a speargun would be mo-better.

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I wouldn’t mind chucking a harpoon through an intruders chest. Second thought, maybe a speargun would be mo-better.

🦫

Ah...expecting to be accosted by Walmart denizens?
Lol...how could I forget about the dogs? Two aussies, a JRT and a 140lb Catahoula.
I never really thought about it before. I'm pretty f'k n secure.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Beaver10

🦫

Ah...expecting to be accosted by Walmart denizens?

Those that come to rob you of all your freezer meat, wearing a thong, slippers, and a Bob Marley t-shirt must be skewered to a wall.

🦫

Glock 45 in 9mm for me.

I have three big knives, two tomahawks, a Springfield 1911A1 Loaded model in 45 ACP, a Ruger MkIII 22 RF, and a Taurus Judge in 45 Colt/410 all within reach. Oh, and a S&W M&P15 with two 30 rd. and one 40 rd. mags.

If I'm in bed, my S&W model 28 is loaded with 110 gr. Winchester JHP's and a speedloader of same on my nightstand. At the other house, there's a loaded S&W Governor with two moon clips as backup and a S&W M&P .40 with five fifteen rd. mags.
Two Seconds is Too Late!

We have pre-booby trapped every room and have refinished every wall and surface in our happy home
with Stachbotrys Chartarum (Black Mold). to discourage and repel any and all would be intruders and
otherwise evil-doers - from our Happy Haven.

Until this Old World regains it's sanity and security - We abide peacefully and securely in our
Back Yard Bomb Shelter.
It would be more than 2 seconds because the crooks would trip across the attack Labrador retriever sleeping at the door plus the ensuing goat rope after. The rest of the welcoming committee festivities are my secret. It would be epic.
Remind me to call ahead if I visit any of you good folks. laugh
Any time I am not in my house I have a 9mm in my pocket.

If I am in bed, I can access a Fusion 10mm 1911 in 1.5 seconds.

The only time I am "vulnerable" is when I am watching tv or surfing the web on the couch. At that point the pocket 9 is 3.5 seconds away. But, the unwelcome guest would have to deal with the Rottweiler that is trained to lay between my family and a door at all times....
© 24hourcampfire