Home
Posted By: Seafire F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Says it all....Talk about a Bureaucratic Red Tape outfit... they screw up something, its your fault.

you embrace costs, they don't reimburse anything, they just apologize with the usual " sorry about any inconveniences you may have experienced"
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
ALL banks.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
I don't know why anyone would do business with any of the big banking cartels. I have friends that bitch about Wells Fargo, but they continue using them when they should be robbing their stages and rail cars.

I'm perfectly happy with my credit union.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
The big banks routinely violate consumer protection laws ans regulations. They pay millions in fines for it, too, but it's lucrative and they just consider it as cost of doing business. The feds get their cut, the banks get fat, and everybody's happy because FUCK you.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Chase, wells fargo, bank of America are all abortions.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
I cannot figure out why people suffer those big national banks. Use a local bank or a credit union.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I cannot figure out why people suffer those big national banks. Use a local bank or a credit union.

This and especially true for Credit Unions.

The big banks’ lobbyists got the intended Bank of Walmart scuttled when Walmart was intending to open up a banking subsidiary.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21

Undoubtedly. We bank with two local banks. Our kids go to school together, and we do deals with little more than a handshake. Spend 3 days at Hatteras with one of my bankers every year.

Anytime some idiot comes with a construction loan from BB&T, suntrust, Wells Fargo etc... I know it’s gonna be a PITA...
Why would you deal with that?
Posted By: Springcove Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Chase is by far the worst. Why anyone would do business with them is beyond me.
Posted By: kenacp Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Springcove
Chase is by far the worst. Why anyone would do business with them is beyond me.

WRONG Capital One is the worst.
Posted By: Dutch Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
ALL banks, ALL credit unions, ALL credit card companies are in it for the easy money. I run my personal checking and savings through a credit union, the farm and business accounts through a small regional bank. But, although they are friendly, and courteous, and treat us, both personally and business wise very well, I have no illusion that we’re I to ever NEED a bank, they would instantly turn into an enemy instead of an ally.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
My only experience with bad banks is with
Bank of America and Chase.
I'll never deal with either one again.
Most of the few banks in my area cater to the
non English speaking crowd, and the main area
of interest is handling money transfers to
areas south of the Rio Grande.
Even all the signage in the local Bank of America
is all spanish, no English

( semi related- you'd think that the prerequisite for
employment as a bank teller would be the ability to
accurately and precisely count money. Not so.
Here, it's how fluent your spanish is)
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Fidelity has been great to deal with.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Ranger99
My only experience with bad banks is with
Bank of America and Chase.
I'll never deal with either one again.
Most of the few banks in my area cater to the
non English speaking crowd, and the main area
of interest is handling money transfers to
areas south of the Rio Grande.
Even all the signage in the local Bank of America
is all spanish, no English

Bank of America was the first to give credit cards to illegal aliens. Our local branch had some fat fugg cracker teller with a “matchbox” tatoo on his forearm. Total retard. Fugg BoA.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Fuqk Banks, all Banks. Local Credit Unions all the way.
Posted By: ribka Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21

its pretty baffling

Credit union treat you really well and supporting local
Posted By: BobBrown Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

This and especially true for Credit Unions.

The big banks’ lobbyists got the intended Bank of Walmart scuttled when Walmart was intending to open up a banking subsidiary.

You gotta have somewhere to put your $2500
Posted By: Fastback65 Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Have had good luck with US Bank no complaints. My Dad had a nightmare with Bank of America long story but one of many he had before he went else where.
Posted By: EdM Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Zero issues with Chase for many, many years.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
I had some chase. banker try and charge me a 10% fee to cash a check written on an account at Chase..
he seemed to be of middle eastern descent..
my take was that that means they are only good for 90% of their word..

I have never seen anyone attempt that before..
Posted By: BobBrown Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Credit unions all the way
Originally Posted by EdM

Try putting a couple K cash in your account: they’ll charge you a 1 to 2% “fee” for the privilege, depending on location.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by EdM

Try putting a couple K cash in your account: they’ll charge you a 1 to 2% “fee” for the privilege, depending on location.

i have been moving five figure amts between chase and another bank a number of times over last few months, zero issues.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Had a problem with my local bank years ago,pulled my money,closed my account,and have survived nicely without one for the last 20 years.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Don't know what happened but i know how they work you over.

Burn all the money !!!!!
Posted By: EdM Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by EdM

i have been moving five figure amts between chase and another bank a number of times over last few months, zero issues.

Yep.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Seafire, Our local bank was bought by Banner Bank (hq in Idaho?)...we are very happy with them, small town banking style, you have one in Central Point and Roseburg, don't know about GP.
Posted By: Seafire Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Thanks Flintlocke, I'll have to check them out.

There are a few local Rogue Valley Banks...Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

Spent over 4 hours and talking to 22 different people, over two days, on something they screwed up again, and can't get the same answer from talking to 22 different people. They screw up but somehow try to twist it into it was my fault.

Simple, they cancel my debit card that is suppose to expire at the end of June here and be replaced before that. Well they cancelled it 30 days early, and haven't even sent the replacement. Doesn't sound like a big issue, until you consider the following...

Thursday my wife had eye surgery, so she is suppose to be immobile for two weeks to recover. My son is on 16 hour shifts at the hospital because of someone in his small dept calling in sick. So I get a call, from the Assisted Living Facility that my step dad is in, he's 90 years old. He got knocked down a flight of stairs, by accident from another resident in a wheelchair., he was unconscious and had to be taken to the hospital. So I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

every thing is okay with my step dad, thank God. So then the fun begins, when I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet. I called Chase, after two hours and cut off lord knows how many times, I'm told that they have cancelled my debit card, but they can't find out why? Then I get someone in the Philippines, who asks me have I gotten my new card, they sent at the end of June? NO, because its still May.

No help whatsoever... they can't do a thing for me nor did they offer. So since I couldn't call my wife or son, I got ahold of a friend who dropped what he was doing on Memorial Day weekend and he comes down to California, with his card and brings me some money in case I might need it. I spent the time in the parking lot of Costco, and wait as he makes a 9 hour trip down. I get back home. Call Chase this morning, the CS gal tells me my card has been reinstated, after reading the account notes.
Go down to the local Gas station to throw $10 in the tank just to make sure... declined.. another couple hours on the bank with Chase. Get told a diffferent story each person it talk to, after get thrown in "Hold Hell". Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.
He tells me after looking into it, my account is all F'd up. Yeah, they cancelled the card BEFORE sending out the new one. Its already being processed so I won't receive it until the end of the month. This is a business account.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home. I had to drive 250 miles to the closest Chase Bank, where I am issued a new card. That time they did the same thing, cancelled my card, before sending the replacement. So 250 miles out of my way and then 250 miles back to get back on my business trip.

This is twice, that I have been left stranded up schitt creek without a paddle by these people, pompous New York City based elitist bank. Just changing banks when you are a business is a pain in the ass, especially in Oregon with our democRats in charge. That is why I didn't dump them back in 2016.

and do they care? they care enough to tell me they don't reimburse me for whatever financial loss this has cost me. but they apologize for 'any inconvenience that this has caused you"... that sure helps me feel a lot better, wouldn't it make you feel better? of course not.

a business treats someone right, they will usually tell 5 to 10 associates or friends of the experience.... some one screws you over, they will tell anyone who will listen. I wouldn't recommend Chase to someone I really disliked even.

Screw these F u GG ers.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Done.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
only get paid in cash and pay in cash...
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
When the big bank refused to cash my paycheck, and offered
to deposit it, then allow me to withdraw any money previously in my account,
I went to a local bank. Started about 20 years ago by several in county businesses, it offers local, old fashioned banking.

Seriously, they wouldn't cash my paycheck!

Partially furloughed, I went in one time to withdraw money from
the unemployment card. The girl wanted me to set up direct deposit
for the UC money.

"NO. I don't do electronic banking. No direct deposit, no atm, no debit card."

She looked at me like the proverbial mule.
"But, but, but? How do you buy groceries."

"Ugh, cash?"

She was dumbfounded.
A teller, at the bank! Couldn't fathom...cash. And she was 40+.
10 years ago!

Seafire,
sorry to hear your story.
But I do not allow there to be less than $100 folded in my wallet.
And try to be sure that much is in each car (personal use).
We maintain 2 credit cards. Used to always have both MasterCard and
a Visa. But now both are Visa.

As an OTR driver, I saw a lot of people get stranded.
And I take steps to avoid it.
It can be as easy as the e-pay systems being down.
Most at gas stations are satellite, and they fail more often
than you might think. (Wife deals with it in her job)
Posted By: Redneck Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
That!
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

In CASH?
Originally Posted by Seafire
Thanks Flintlocke, I'll have to check them out.

There are a few local Rogue Valley Banks...Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

Spent over 4 hours and talking to 22 different people, over two days, on something they screwed up again, and can't get the same answer from talking to 22 different people. They screw up but somehow try to twist it into it was my fault.

Simple, they cancel my debit card that is suppose to expire at the end of June here and be replaced before that. Well they cancelled it 30 days early, and haven't even sent the replacement. Doesn't sound like a big issue, until you consider the following...

Thursday my wife had eye surgery, so she is suppose to be immobile for two weeks to recover. My son is on 16 hour shifts at the hospital because of someone in his small dept calling in sick. So I get a call, from the Assisted Living Facility that my step dad is in, he's 90 years old. He got knocked down a flight of stairs, by accident from another resident in a wheelchair., he was unconscious and had to be taken to the hospital. So I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

every thing is okay with my step dad, thank God. So then the fun begins, when I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet. I called Chase, after two hours and cut off lord knows how many times, I'm told that they have cancelled my debit card, but they can't find out why? Then I get someone in the Philippines, who asks me have I gotten my new card, they sent at the end of June? NO, because its still May.

No help whatsoever... they can't do a thing for me nor did they offer. So since I couldn't call my wife or son, I got ahold of a friend who dropped what he was doing on Memorial Day weekend and he comes down to California, with his card and brings me some money in case I might need it. I spent the time in the parking lot of Costco, and wait as he makes a 9 hour trip down. I get back home. Call Chase this morning, the CS gal tells me my card has been reinstated, after reading the account notes.
Go down to the local Gas station to throw $10 in the tank just to make sure... declined.. another couple hours on the bank with Chase. Get told a diffferent story each person it talk to, after get thrown in "Hold Hell". Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.
He tells me after looking into it, my account is all F'd up. Yeah, they cancelled the card BEFORE sending out the new one. Its already being processed so I won't receive it until the end of the month. This is a business account.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home. I had to drive 250 miles to the closest Chase Bank, where I am issued a new card. That time they did the same thing, cancelled my card, before sending the replacement. So 250 miles out of my way and then 250 miles back to get back on my business trip.

This is twice, that I have been left stranded up schitt creek without a paddle by these people, pompous New York City based elitist bank. Just changing banks when you are a business is a pain in the ass, especially in Oregon with our democRats in charge. That is why I didn't dump them back in 2016.

and do they care? they care enough to tell me they don't reimburse me for whatever financial loss this has cost me. but they apologize for 'any inconvenience that this has caused you"... that sure helps me feel a lot better, wouldn't it make you feel better? of course not.

a business treats someone right, they will usually tell 5 to 10 associates or friends of the experience.... some one screws you over, they will tell anyone who will listen. I wouldn't recommend Chase to someone I really disliked even.

Screw these F u GG ers.

That’s quite the ordeal, and a good friend, but who drives 500 miles from home without a couple of $100 bills tucked into their wallet?
Posted By: hookeye Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
I have a debit card and a credit card, not from the same place. One gets screwed up, the other should be OK.
Posted By: hookeye Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Local credit union.....are fine, until you pizz off somebody on the board of directors.

They think since its small town stuff they can play Boss Hogg.

I trust no banker
Posted By: hanco Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
I like cash myself!
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Wells Fargo every month I would get my mortgage payment and pay it, around 2008 I would stay at deer camp October until January. would get mail transferred to the camp address. In December get a notice of for closer on the house down state, mortgage hasn't been payed in 3 months. Spent 2 days on the phone with Wells Fargo, no record of any payment even with a copy of a canceled checks from Huntington Bank. On the 3rd day Huntington doing all the work for me got it resolved.
What was happening a employee was taking the payments and making payments on several houses they owned. I received no apology from Wells Fargo they wanted me to pay the interest on the payments because of being late.
Went and got a new loan with Huntington as soon as I got back and very happy with them.
Posted By: shaman Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21
Since we're all piling onto Chase Bank, I'll throw in my story. This goes back probably to the mid-60's.

Chase used to have a mortgage subsidiary. It was big. They were one of the first to get the Winchester, IBM's super-secret data storage device, what we know today as a hard drive. Back then, they were as big as washing machines. Chase had theirs hooked to their 360 mainframe. Winchester was the code name for the project, and it stuck. When I got into the business in the early 80's. Folks still referred to Winchester drives.

So one day, the Winchester died. The next morning, the cry went up from the boardroom, "What do you mean there is no backup?" It turns out no one had thought to run a tape backup on the drive, and all the data was gone.

Ooops.

So now the question was how to recover. One bright guy suggested doing nothing. Most folks would send in their mortgage payments on time, and you could recover the information from the slips. Mortgages were issued with pre-printed payment slips that looked like checks. You just filled it in and sent in the money.

Nope. The winning idea was to take out a full-page ad in the WSJ basically saying: "We've lost all information regarding our mortages. Please send in what you have so we can rebuild our account database" Nobody complied.

Chase Mortgage went quietly out of business.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/02/21

Chase has really been no problem, but this is the second time they have caused an issue, and left me stranded.

I dropped what I was doing and went down into CA, 500 miles from home. drove straight thru, but when I got down there I was relieved to hear he had come out of his unconscious state.. and no broken bones, thank God. I left with a fresh tank of gas put into my Camry the day before and what ever was in my wallet..

I stopped at the local Costco to get gas. Debit card declined... three times.
I had $20 in my wallet.

Go to my local branch, where I know the Bank Manager from involvement in Boy Scouts.

This follows after the last time I got this card. I was in Arizona on business. Stop to get gas and find my card declined. This is like 2016... 1500 miles from home.

Dear Shefire,

Sincerely hate to hear of your misfortune. Why do bad things happen to great people?

Is the Boy Scout motto no longer "Be Prepared"? Admittedly I don't follow the goings on of pedo organizations real closely so perhaps its changed.

To think this could have all been avoided with a credit card and some action on your part 5 years ago after the first time they had you grab your ankles and raw dogged you. OR, even simpler, keeping more than a 20 on your person like a grown man would have kept your ass out of the sling.

"Fail to plan, plan to fail" - Unknown (definitely not Shefire though)

That’s quite the ordeal, and a good friend, but who drives 500 miles from home without a couple of $100 bills tucked into their wallet?
[/quote]

ya got me on that one....I usually do have a couple hundred in the wallet, Tucked away. but with the wife's surgery I paid a quick charge in advance for part of the surgery, and we saved quite a bit prepaying instead. After surgery and home wife had to lay prone for 48 hours to let her eye drain, so here I was anchored. When I got the call about my dad falling down the flight of stairs and knocked unconscious, I jumped in the car and took off...

Gotta admit, didn't even check my wallet, so that BooBoo was on me, but I had no idea if Chase had already cancelled the card or not.

I also do have another bank account, but that card stays with the wife, in case she needs it. It gets money put in but seldom taken out.

I started several years ago, putting money into my wife's world, for the day when I'm not here. All of my SS goes into an account for her for when that day happens..

so yeah, I just ended up having the preverbial flat tire on the railroad tracks with the 5:15 Special barreling thru. That fault is mine. That and relying on a bank that has pulled this again... of course I called them 2 months ago and requested a new card early, as the chip they think I need in it has been going wonky lately.. of course I bet knowing Chase, that got routed to the circular file.

I did love listening to their little elevator music on hold as they have recordings of waiting to get the best customer service in the banking world. That was special.
Hilleschidt,

Thanks for your insight. I am happy to be able to attract you up out of the bottom of the lake, to always added your insightful 2 cents, you little bottom feeder you. you are a troll that loves to follow certain people, as you usually contribute nothing but BS to a conversation, to justify your otherwise useless existence.

Tell us a lie, admit you are not a democRAT and BLM and Antifa Supporter. I'm sure you are a resident around Madison or Metro Milwaukee, and having lived back that way, your type is a dime a dozen.

Do take pleasure in you are on ignore, and NO I didn't toggle the display of this post. Don't need to. Its easy to guess exactly what schitt you are going to post

so thank you for your POS schitt show display, which I didn't even both reading...but its always nice to see you drop by you bottom feeder.

Now go do society a favor and fall down a flight of stairs and break your neck or something constructive like that. Or maybe put your head down the toilet and see if you can flush that.

Have a nice day douche bag.
Posted By: Scott F Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
Columbia River if you have them down there. They have been great to us. We have bin with them since 2000.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21

Hilleschidt,

Thanks for your insight. I am happy to be able to attract you up out of the bottom of the lake, to always added your insightful 2 cents, you little bottom feeder you. you are a troll that loves to follow certain people, as you usually contribute nothing but BS to a conversation, to justify your otherwise useless existence.

Tell us a lie, admit you are not a democRAT and BLM and Antifa Supporter. I'm sure you are a resident around Madison or Metro Milwaukee, and having lived back that way, your type is a dime a dozen.

Do take pleasure in you are on ignore, and NO I didn't toggle the display of this post. Don't need to. Its easy to guess exactly what schitt you are going to post

so thank you for your POS schitt show display, which I didn't even both reading...but its always nice to see you drop by you bottom feeder.

Now go do society a favor and fall down a flight of stairs and break your neck or something constructive like that. Or maybe put your head down the toilet and see if you can flush that.

Have a nice day douche bag.

Gosh you get awful sensitive.

You peaked, but keep playing hard to get ToggleFire.

Re my address and politics you're batting .000 - pretty much on par with a lot of other bullsh*t you're SURE of, lol. If you decide you're sure enough to put money on it we can certainly work that out.

***Toggle***
Posted By: duck911 Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
Wife and I have a Southwest CC via Chase and it's been great. We funnel any purchase we can through the card. We usually end up with ~125k of points per year, which qualifies my wife for the Southwest "companion pass". I pay for my tickets with points, she flies free. We *literally* have not paid for plane tickets in YEARS.

We have had 2 fraud events on our account that were remedied immediately.

We use local folks for mortgages, the occasional car loan, etc, but we love Chase for embezzling points. $40k of kitchen remodel will be put on that card this summer and paid off immediately in cash. Free R/T tickets for us to visit my father and his wife in Cabo for the next 2 years. Can't complain.

But Bank of America and Wells Fargo can KISS MY ASS. I hate those fuggers.
Posted By: scrooster Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
I have a JP Morgan Chase platinum card that I rarely use. Certain things but I always pay it off each month like I do my AMEX.

I have credit union cards and accounts and a BoA credit card and account and an Amex I've had since the 80s.

But my go-to card and account .... is USAA. I use it the most, great customer service, low rate, great points program .... I have a lot of stuff with USAA.
Posted By: EdM Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Yep.

In CASH?

Certified checks. About to cut one to help my youngest on a down payment on his first house.
Posted By: Dutch Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
So, not cash. But thanks for playing.......

Wells Fargo was the first one that I had to deal with on that crap, had a customer that bounced a check (or two), so I told him to deposit CASH in my account before I would ship. Wells Fargo decided they could pilfer some of that. Took me quite a bit of back and forth with the customer to figure out why his deposit didn't match my deposit.

Closed all my Wells accounts that month. They sure couldn't understand what the big deal was. After all, they make their 2-3% on every card transaction, why should they not get into our pockets for cash transactions?
Posted By: Marshhawk Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
Credit Unions have been great to my Family. Been doing business with them for 30 plus years.
Posted By: scrooster Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
Yeah Wells Fargo was/is notorious for the way they payout funds-owed from their account holders.

I had one client who's Wells Fargo checks always took several weeks to clear. I blamed it on my bank at first until my bank told me it was Wells Fargo floating the funds via some fine print exception in the system. (I believe they were later busted for doing it along with some other unscrupulous practices of theirs ... and fined.)

So anyways, I told my client what they were doing and he offered me the idea of simply taking his checks directly to the tellers and cashing them when he cut them ... usually between the $10k-$20k range occasionally more but because of the float there were times when he had $50k or more floating in the system for weeks rather than being in my operating account. I retired from the construction industry.

We tried that, me cashing the checks written directly to me ... didn't work. Wells Fargo wanted a substantial fee to cash the checks, actually fees on top of fees that totaled almost 5%. My client came down and actually withdrew cash and gave it to me in front of the bank VP then told him he would be moving his account elsewhere ... the VP didn't care, said it was out of his hands and they were having to deal with complaints about it every day.

That branch in my town is now defunct, out of business and gone.

Wells Fargo is a shyster operation imho.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: F U K Chase Bank - 06/03/21
We borrowed $200K from BOA and although we always paid our monthly payment at least a full week before it was due, they repeatedly charged us late fees, tried to bump the interest rate up to 25%, and refused to acknowledge that they had received and processed our checks prior to the due dates. We had to get the Nebraska AG's office involved and they got us money back from BOA, the bogus late fees and the higher interest paid. When we sold the business, BOA sent a VP to talk with us about helping us manage the windfall that we had received. He was a nice enough guy, but we showed him the correspondence that we had with BOA and told him that it would be a cold day in hell before we ever banked with BOA again. He said that he wasn't aware of the BS that we went through with BOA and didn't blame us for not wanting to do business with BOA. He didn't help himself when he said that we were only marginally credit worthy for $200K and were lucky to get the loan approved in the first place. I think that the person who approved the loan was probably trying to push us into defaulting on the loan so that BOA could lay claim against the assets. Apparently they teach crap like that in banking school, something like Banking 301, 101 ways to screw your customers.
© 24hourcampfire