Home
Posted By: tikkanut What ya do today ? - 06/03/21

Me.......left Podunk with a full tank of fuel & headed south...

Be warned.........There may be 'L E X U S' off road pics.................

Made a 200 mile loop....about 50% off road with one actual creek crossing..yes it had water

No snow only on the very upper north ridges at 10K'+ on Fishlake Forest

Traffic ? Not much to speak of...Wednesday.......Torrey ? Yea the usual tourist crowd

My new to me LX 470 Lexus runs great...have totally gone over the whole thing...solid trucks let me tell ya

MPG ? 16 with a strong tail wind at best...4.7L motor...full time 4x4...6000# truck---196K miles

A few pics along the way...#6 pic...yes...actually running spring water in livestock trough--who'd a thunk ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: jackmountain Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Sweet rig Tikka.
I’m still searching for a triple locked fj80 with reasonable miles and condition.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Getting sum !

👍🏼🦫
Posted By: tikkanut Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sweet rig Tikka.
I’m still searching for a triple locked fj80 with reasonable miles and condition.

well.........

happy hunting........ grin

I did spot an '06 LX 470 w/11K miles......on line/one owner...$56K !!!!!!!!

Some suggested to list it on BAT (Bring a Trailer)

May fetch $75K there........they say
Posted By: hanco Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Went to work, played plumber, trying to enjoy this week, start 10 hour days next week. Great pics, what was that old piece of equipment used for?
Posted By: ironbender Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Your day dint suck!
Posted By: EdM Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Drove from Blanding Utah to Idaho Falls Idaho.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Broke my dang hand. Wasp buzzed me and I took off my hat and swatted, unfortunately the dang fence post didn't move and I hit the corner and shattered my middle knuckle.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Began work on a new table base. Pulled this off the beach a few months back. Today I sanded it down and put on the first coat of stain. It was damn near glowing white from the sun and sand. I wanted to put some color back into it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by tikkanut
Sweet rig Tikka.

well.........

1993 hilux local with 97,000 miles in good condition, they’re asking $19,000

Buddy is a car dealer and overall fanatic. Said buy every 1981-1995 Toyota 4wd pickup in great shape. They’ll be to GenX what Detroit muscle cars are to boomers.
Originally Posted by EdM

should have told us sooner

I'd have prayed for you driving UT Hwy 6 & I-15
Originally Posted by hanco
Went to work, played plumber, trying to enjoy this week, start 10 hour days next week. Great pics, what was that old piece of equipment used for?

a drill rig of some sort......50's
Sweet rig Tikka.

well.........

Buddy is a car dealer and overall fanatic. Said buy every 1981-1995 Toyota 4wd pickup in great shape. They’ll be to GenX what Detroit muscle cars are to boomers.

Hi Lux...........

makes my nipples hard............

cry
Posted By: SamOlson Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Got another 160 acres in the ground before I about stroked out.

Fricken A/C quit in the red tractor, and it doesn't have windows!

Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Went to work, not much to do.
That makes you the guy.
The one who catches whatever pops up.
Rest of the week should be ok.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21

Yeah buddy

Posted By: Ben_Lurkin Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Great pics. They make me miss the days when I lived in Price and we worked 4-10s. Every other weekend was a four dayer and you could really get out and explore the San Rafael Swell!

That’s an old churn drill. They work by picking up the drill rod and dropping it down the hole. They were slow, but effective.
Posted By: goalie Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
I zapped a few people and got 'em back into sinus rhythm.

Talked to HR about my transition to my new job.

Laughed at co-workers.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Yeah buddy

Pretty much it without the topper and it’s black.

I’d give my left nut for a tan ‘81.
We got new neighbors in ‘81. He was an engineer, probably 25yo, hot wife, a brand new blue hilux 4wd and a brand new kubota tractor. Coolest mofo I’d ever met. Still dream about that truck.
Originally Posted by goalie
I zapped a few people and got 'em back into sinus rhythm.

Talked to HR about my transition to my new job.

Laughed at co-workers.

Woke up at 5:00 to my phone pinging 4 times by 5:30. Spoiled little bitches texting in “sick” with various incredulous excuses. [bleep] millennials.
Posted By: greydog Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Went into town and let a guy cut off a piece of my ear. Then came home, loaded and hauled 24 yards of fill. Then cut some brush. 96 degrees today. Tomorrow, I hope to get an early start and avoid the heat. This evening, I think I'd better fire a few shots through the model 52 to prepare for the weekend match. GD
Posted By: MPat70 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Began work on a new table base. Pulled this off the beach a few months back. Today I sanded it down and put on the first coat of stain. It was damn near glowing white from the sun and sand. I wanted to put some color back into it.

Nice, keep us posted on how it turns out👍
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Worked 12 hours. Getting ready to sleep, so I can d it tomorrow
Posted By: Mgw619 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Drove 4 hours up the interstate to check on a project at a weight station and then promptly drove 4 hours back. No bueño.
Posted By: Riverc Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Went grocery shopping then Replaced the 2 power cables to my Humminbird Helix 10's.The rest of the day taking it easy.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by EdM

That is about 520 miles of concentration, I hope you had a good audible book! Are you going west through Salmon?

mike r
Posted By: Morewood Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by MPat70
Broke my dang hand. Wasp buzzed me and I took off my hat and swatted, unfortunately the dang fence post didn't move and I hit the corner and shattered my middle knuckle.

I feel your pain, MPat70. Dislocated my middle finger and likely tore a tendon. Popped it back in but it's not right. I foresee a trip to the orthopedist.

Can't even type anymore. Hunt and peck mode.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
To the deer lease.
Checked on my soybeans and sunflowers food plots that are popping up nicely.
Bush hogged with the tractor about 1 1/2 miles of trails.

Back home.
Pulled the blades off of the zero turn yard mower, sharpened and put’em back on, changed the oil and filter.

Then the rains came. Again. We’re now up to 4 times normal for this time of year and rain is predicted daily all the way through next week.

Headed to the fishing camp tomorrow.
Life is good.
Posted By: EdM Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by EdM

That is about 520 miles of concentration, I hope you had a good audible book! Are you going west through Salmon?

mike r

Wife, pup, Pandora, jerky and sparkling water and yes to Salmon. Basically four 500 mile days to land at the cabin.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Drove up the dirt run to the Chukar trail, hiked down into the Gunnison Gorge and caught brown trout all day.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Well I cut 700 ft of ditch with my new cub cadet high wheel string trimmer, a 4 hr job with the weed eater turned into a hour and a half. I wish i would have got this thing years ago.Got done with that then trimmed almost 2000 ft both sides of fence line, the best part was I was not covered from head to toe in cuttings when I was done. The rest of the day was spent in the pool in the shade with a floating cooler full of cold beer.
Posted By: CCCC Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Not a heavy day. Finished paint and trim work on our aux building, completed rebuild and re-assembled carb for the Honda ATV, wrote some instrumental parts for music to perform at our 60th anniversary deal, practiced saxophone and piano a bit, propped up some drooping limbs and watered three trees, wrote am e-mail to the Doc about some test results, and set a bunch of rodent traps just before dark. Bigger day tomorrow - I hope.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Not much yesterday. But its 1:36 and the furnace blower kicked on but didnt ignite. So im gonna be doing furnace work today. And then get some reloading pressess and books from storage ( Janes military stuff- couple of WW 2 ones- not reprints, and some newer, Time Life WW2 series- full set mint ).

Lyman Spar T one of the presses im fetching. If it was orange and black vz red n grey Id mount it up at my place.
Match my T mag.
Posted By: longarm Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Built bee boxes and frames.
Then got the puppy area ready for a new litter due July 3.
Then went out to a friend's blueberry farm again to shoot more ground squirrels. Total so far is 41 ground squirrels, 3 cottontails, 1 starling ( couldn't help myself). Been using the S&W 41, a CZ 452 Ultra Lux, and a scoped Marlin 880SQ all three with SV ammo. Really fun
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Woke up at 5:30AM. Answered Emails. Went to Summer School Credit Recovery at 7:30AM. Students arrived at 8:30AM. Did the Pledge of Allegiance at 9:00AM. Taught them how to think rhetorically and transform questions from open to closed and vice versa. Taught Content to 6 different classes until 12:00Noon. Calls till 1PM. Went to District Office to straighten out student records. Then went to the Food Bank for students who have no good parents that don't feed them. 3PM I walked the two Frenchies at the Park where we have our gift shop. Met one of my former students who I didn't know because they were behind icons for much of the year. Told her about the hauntings in the shop where they were buying jewelry from my wife. Went down to the freaking yuppie A.C.R.C because they make the best Mocha Breve with the best machines. The Barrista wanted to know about hunting and was former student so I set him up with the Archery Club phone number for mentors. Went to work at SW slinging freight. Talked a prospecting party to get a Garmin 66i which we didn't have because it was better for them. Got the Cashiers to price the small freight and hauled the heavy [bleep] upstairs. Hit 15,000 steps. Got free remainder magazines( with torn covers). Found out that they are quitting magazines. Went through ammo backroom for more Federal Blue Box in 06. Had the Trad guy string my new recurve while I was taking a break. Priced a bunch of stuff. Sold a pair of 8X42 NLs at the Optics counter. Finished up at 9PM. Got ice at the local beer store. Now its 10PM. I have to go out and feed the Chickens and collect eggs. Water the green house and make sure the bees have sugar water yet. I might do a mile walk with the Frenchies to crack 20,000 steps. I probably will get to bed by 12 and then rewind for tomorrow. It is a typical day.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Usual daily grind, plus minor grocery shopping,
gathering trash and putting can out for pickup
tomorrow, paid 2 bills, 40 minute unintentional
nap, erase junk phone calls and emails
Nothing remarkable
Posted By: hookeye Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Weeding the chore for today if things dry out.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Killing dandelions all day.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Cleaning out attic,it s like an time capsule of junk.
Getting out of truck in a minute, go play plumber, thinking about taking off tomorrow
Posted By: deflave Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Got another 160 acres in the ground before I about stroked out.

Fricken A/C quit in the red tractor, and it doesn't have windows!

That's some funny schit.

Was hoping for some more duck impersonations though. LOL
Posted By: blindshooter Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Early yesterday I found one of the freezers quit. The thermometer in the top basket was reading 45f and some stuff was soft on top. Everything in the bottom was hard. Very fortunate to have found it before I lost the whole load.

Evidently freezers are still somewhat in short supply, couldn't find the exact size I wanted so I got two smaller ones.

Got one new one in place and running, so today it gets loaded with all the stuff I squeezed into the other freezers.

Got to figure out what to cook up with the stuff that was soft.

But first I "get" to take the wife's mother to a doctor apt. She's a handful. Dementia on top of natural crazy. yea.
Yesterday my daughter and I golfed 18 holes and mowed the yard.

Then we took her R/C rock crawler to the park and flew her R/C airplane. She ate schit jumping around the obstacles in the park and her R/C plane is stuck in a tree about a mile east of us.

Dad is formulating a plan to retrieve.
Shoot it out of the tree!

If I had been of proper thinking it would have the perfect scenario for a duck call.

Maybe today.
(calling for a high of 101F)
Shoot it out of the tree!

If I had been of proper thinking it would have the perfect scenario for a duck call.

Maybe today.
(calling for a high of 101F)

I like all your videos but the duck impersonations bring me to tears. Literally.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Sam I hate to laugh at another's bad luck but that was a great way to start the day. That was some impressive farming!
Posted By: CCCC Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Early yesterday I found one of the freezers quit. The thermometer in the top basket was reading 45f and some stuff was soft on top. Everything in the bottom was hard. Very fortunate to have found it before I lost the whole load. Evidently freezers are still somewhat in short supply, couldn't find the exact size I wanted so I got two smaller ones. Got one new one in place and running, so today it gets loaded with all the stuff I squeezed into the other freezers. Got to figure out what to cook up with the stuff that was soft. But first I "get" to take the wife's mother to a doctor apt. She's a handful. Dementia on top of natural crazy. yea.
Just went through something similar with a 25 or 30 year old upright that I recently hauled here to our new place - fortunately we did not yet have much in it when it went sideways. No new or good used ones quickly available anywhere nearby - except for some gouger's high price tag - so i took a flyer. Got on the net to hunt for diagnosis - evidence said it probably was a combo thermostat/defrost timer device - used the old serial # and ordered the component. $22 and here in two days - an hour to install - and the thing has been working fine for more than a month. I simply got lucky - but every day when I pass that thing there is the question - how soon is it going to quit due to another issue?
Posted By: rifletom Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Getting out of truck in a minute, go play plumber, thinking about taking off tomorrow

"go play plumber." Exactly what I did yesterday. Gaddamn upstairs plumbing is a bitch! Finally got 'em cleared after sailor talk and snake work. Thankfully, didn't have to replace anything.
Originally Posted by deflave
Yesterday my daughter and I golfed 18 holes and mowed the yard.

Then we took her R/C rock crawler to the park and flew her R/C airplane. She ate schit jumping around the obstacles in the park and her R/C plane is stuck in a tree about a mile east of us.

Dad is formulating a plan to retrieve.

Hopefully he will help you.
Sammo the hi tech redneck!!
Posted By: slumlord Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
lmao

A gala a-la dirt
Worked, came home to a quiet house. Wifey gone to Boston, I have five glorious days of quiet. She has the radio or the tv as long as she is awake.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Raining yet again and twice now today. Didn’t go to the fish camp.

Opened up some drainages on my soybeans food plots and drove in a gang of T-posts for fencing.

Back to La Casa now and in the recliner for some mashing ass time.
Posted By: antlers Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
I hiked up through North Cheyenne Canyon, climbed Mt. Buckhorn, dropped down into Bear Creek Canyon and climbed up above Josephine Falls. Came back down along the creek and then hiked back over to North Cheyenne Creek and down along it to its confluence with South Cheyenne Creek, where I was parked. 12 and a half miles total distance with a good bit of elevation change along the way. Weather was perfect. Great day to do it.
Posted By: Muffin Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
I play on-line chess most mornings for about an hour with my coffee........ worked on a 10-22, mowed the yard, worked on a 10-22, took a nap, worked on a 10-22...........

supper is cooking, I'll annoy the wife later..............
Posted By: ihookem Re: What ya do today ? - 06/03/21
Today I taped the bathroom that I drywalled yesterday. I picked up a $3500 check from another job, I stopped to visit my mom for an hour, then cashed the check, and went home to grill a steak for me and the wife. She doesn't like the taste of the steak now.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/04/21

"What's that smell? OH it's my feathers!"

LMFAO
Posted By: Teal Re: What ya do today ? - 06/04/21
data analysis
Several zoom meetings
booked flight to philly
laundry
pack for a weekend of river tubing and motorcycling
Posted By: slumlord Re: What ya do today ? - 06/04/21

Jerk off

Bologna sandwich

take a nap
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: What ya do today ? - 06/04/21
Typical Ground hog day-esque schedule here. Nothing unusual.
Posted By: shaman Re: What ya do today ? - 06/04/21
Did a final proofread on a novel and produced a new draft.

Started brainstorming on what the sequel would be.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: What ya do today ? - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by MPat70

I feel your pain, MPat70. Dislocated my middle finger and likely tore a tendon. Popped it back in but it's not right. I foresee a trip to the orthopedist.

Can't even type anymore. Hunt and peck mode.

Yeah bad thing is it's my hammer swinger. Puts me out of commission until it heals. 🤷‍♂️ Such is life! If it weren't for bad luck........
Posted By: hanco Re: What ya do today ? - 06/05/21
Took off, watched it rain, mounted a few scopes.
I’m enjoying the quiet, Wifey gone until Wednesday
© 24hourcampfire