Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Went into town and let a guy cut off a piece of my ear. Then came home, loaded and hauled 24 yards of fill. Then cut some brush. 96 degrees today. Tomorrow, I hope to get an early start and avoid the heat. This evening, I think I'd better fire a few shots through the model 52 to prepare for the weekend match. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Began work on a new table base. Pulled this off the beach a few months back. Today I sanded it down and put on the first coat of stain. It was damn near glowing white from the sun and sand. I wanted to put some color back into it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice, keep us posted on how it turns out👍

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Worked 12 hours. Getting ready to sleep, so I can d it tomorrow

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Drove 4 hours up the interstate to check on a project at a weight station and then promptly drove 4 hours back. No bueño.

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Went grocery shopping then Replaced the 2 power cables to my Humminbird Helix 10's.The rest of the day taking it easy.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by EdM
Drove from Blanding Utah to Idaho Falls Idaho.

should have told us sooner

I'd have prayed for you driving UT Hwy 6 & I-15

That is about 520 miles of concentration, I hope you had a good audible book! Are you going west through Salmon?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MPat70
Broke my dang hand. Wasp buzzed me and I took off my hat and swatted, unfortunately the dang fence post didn't move and I hit the corner and shattered my middle knuckle.

I feel your pain, MPat70. Dislocated my middle finger and likely tore a tendon. Popped it back in but it's not right. I foresee a trip to the orthopedist.

Can't even type anymore. Hunt and peck mode.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
To the deer lease.
Checked on my soybeans and sunflowers food plots that are popping up nicely.
Bush hogged with the tractor about 1 1/2 miles of trails.

Back home.
Pulled the blades off of the zero turn yard mower, sharpened and put’em back on, changed the oil and filter.

Then the rains came. Again. We’re now up to 4 times normal for this time of year and rain is predicted daily all the way through next week.

Headed to the fishing camp tomorrow.
Life is good.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by EdM
Drove from Blanding Utah to Idaho Falls Idaho.

should have told us sooner

I'd have prayed for you driving UT Hwy 6 & I-15

That is about 520 miles of concentration, I hope you had a good audible book! Are you going west through Salmon?

mike r

Wife, pup, Pandora, jerky and sparkling water and yes to Salmon. Basically four 500 mile days to land at the cabin.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Drove up the dirt run to the Chukar trail, hiked down into the Gunnison Gorge and caught brown trout all day.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Well I cut 700 ft of ditch with my new cub cadet high wheel string trimmer, a 4 hr job with the weed eater turned into a hour and a half. I wish i would have got this thing years ago.Got done with that then trimmed almost 2000 ft both sides of fence line, the best part was I was not covered from head to toe in cuttings when I was done. The rest of the day was spent in the pool in the shade with a floating cooler full of cold beer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a heavy day. Finished paint and trim work on our aux building, completed rebuild and re-assembled carb for the Honda ATV, wrote some instrumental parts for music to perform at our 60th anniversary deal, practiced saxophone and piano a bit, propped up some drooping limbs and watered three trees, wrote am e-mail to the Doc about some test results, and set a bunch of rodent traps just before dark. Bigger day tomorrow - I hope.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Not much yesterday. But its 1:36 and the furnace blower kicked on but didnt ignite. So im gonna be doing furnace work today. And then get some reloading pressess and books from storage ( Janes military stuff- couple of WW 2 ones- not reprints, and some newer, Time Life WW2 series- full set mint ).

Lyman Spar T one of the presses im fetching. If it was orange and black vz red n grey Id mount it up at my place.
Match my T mag.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Built bee boxes and frames.
Then got the puppy area ready for a new litter due July 3.
Then went out to a friend's blueberry farm again to shoot more ground squirrels. Total so far is 41 ground squirrels, 3 cottontails, 1 starling ( couldn't help myself). Been using the S&W 41, a CZ 452 Ultra Lux, and a scoped Marlin 880SQ all three with SV ammo. Really fun

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Woke up at 5:30AM. Answered Emails. Went to Summer School Credit Recovery at 7:30AM. Students arrived at 8:30AM. Did the Pledge of Allegiance at 9:00AM. Taught them how to think rhetorically and transform questions from open to closed and vice versa. Taught Content to 6 different classes until 12:00Noon. Calls till 1PM. Went to District Office to straighten out student records. Then went to the Food Bank for students who have no good parents that don't feed them. 3PM I walked the two Frenchies at the Park where we have our gift shop. Met one of my former students who I didn't know because they were behind icons for much of the year. Told her about the hauntings in the shop where they were buying jewelry from my wife. Went down to the freaking yuppie A.C.R.C because they make the best Mocha Breve with the best machines. The Barrista wanted to know about hunting and was former student so I set him up with the Archery Club phone number for mentors. Went to work at SW slinging freight. Talked a prospecting party to get a Garmin 66i which we didn't have because it was better for them. Got the Cashiers to price the small freight and hauled the heavy [bleep] upstairs. Hit 15,000 steps. Got free remainder magazines( with torn covers). Found out that they are quitting magazines. Went through ammo backroom for more Federal Blue Box in 06. Had the Trad guy string my new recurve while I was taking a break. Priced a bunch of stuff. Sold a pair of 8X42 NLs at the Optics counter. Finished up at 9PM. Got ice at the local beer store. Now its 10PM. I have to go out and feed the Chickens and collect eggs. Water the green house and make sure the bees have sugar water yet. I might do a mile walk with the Frenchies to crack 20,000 steps. I probably will get to bed by 12 and then rewind for tomorrow. It is a typical day.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Usual daily grind, plus minor grocery shopping,
gathering trash and putting can out for pickup
tomorrow, paid 2 bills, 40 minute unintentional
nap, erase junk phone calls and emails
Nothing remarkable

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Weeding the chore for today if things dry out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Killing dandelions all day.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cleaning out attic,it s like an time capsule of junk.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Getting out of truck in a minute, go play plumber, thinking about taking off tomorrow

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.