Home
Posted By: hanco Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Fifty years ago today I graduated high school. It was also Friday June 4 on that day. I can’t believe it’s been that long. I’ve been very lucky. Probably took ten minutes to call 42 names.
Posted By: g5m Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I was waiting for dischargre from active duty. Time has flown.
Posted By: Ole_270 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I would of been a couple weeks ahead of you. Hard to believe it's been that long
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Boy, you fuggers are old!
Posted By: Morewood Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
It was 20 years ago today Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play.
Posted By: hanco Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Yes, but still here, 15 out of my 42 class are not.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
June 1970 for me... so I reckon that would be 51 yrs ago for me...

I remembering thinking about our class's 50 th anniversary reunion... way back when...

50 yrs later it didn't even cross my mind.... CV19 would have prevented it anyway, and now I live 3,000 miles away to boot.

turned out to just be a forgotten another day of the week in my world.

doubt if I would have even remembered any of those people...

but think I will dig out my HS year book and take a stroll down memory lane, recalling some of the girls I would have loved to score on, that never really happened or even had a snowball's chance in hell in happening... that would have involved a couple of redheads and a couple of blondes who miles out of my league...

Good times...
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Was lurking in the A Shau Valley. Whiskey was cheap at Camp Eagle. 😎
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by hanco

Yes, but still here, 15 out of my 42 class are not.

That's a plus for you bro!
Posted By: AZmark Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Fifty years ago today I graduated high school. It was also Friday June 4 on that day. I can’t believe it’s been that long. I’ve been very lucky. Probably took ten minutes to call 42 names.

Wow. 50 years you old coot. Well I’m only at 49! 48 in my graduating class but we have lost only 6-7 members that I’m aware of.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I was probably flying a mission over Cambodia on this day in '71.
Posted By: SS336 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
In ‘71 I had been out of high school 7 years, the Navy 3 years, married for almost three years, and my son was a year old. 😳
I think I better go lay down and take a nap. 😂
Class of 81, 40 years. Damn, seems like it went fast.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Fiftynine years for me.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
46 years for me. We missed out on our class reunion last year so we re-scheduled it for August.
Posted By: ipopum Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21

Class of 1955 here. Seems that would make 66 years ago.

Havre lost most but some still doing well.
Posted By: shaman Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
50 years ago, I was sweating out the last few days of 7th grade.

My radio only got AM. That was okay, because I was glued to WSAI, the Top-40 powerhouse.
My record player only played 45's. Prior to '71, I had lived off what my Dad brought me. He had a deal worked out with the guy who serviced the jukebox at the bar where he ate lunch. I bought my first 45 in August Rare Earth's I just want to Celebrate.
I had a Zebco 202 fishing reel and it was my favorite possession. I was deep into my obsession with bluegills.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Yep, 50 years ago last month for me. Class of '71. A year later, June 1972, I was standing on the yellow footprints at MCRD San Diego! grin

"Whoa, oh, oha, oh! When we walk on this earth, we don't think about the hurt. From the war in Viet Nam, to the one who kills the Cong. What the Cong don't know, their war has just begun. Whoa, oh, oha, oh, Whoa, oha, whoa, oh!"
Posted By: Raeford Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by DaveDaDeerslayer
Class of 81, 40 years. Damn, seems like it went fast.

Same/same
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21

You are the damnedest success story Hanco.

Congratulations.

wow..
I forget what the date was....
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Over 50 years for me. But I married my high school sweetheart a year after I graduated and never thought about the raving mad raving beauties I "missed out" on. Be Well, RZ.
Posted By: pahick Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I was still breast feeding. Congrats though
Posted By: Angus55 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
47 yrs. for me, we had a big class but don't remember exact , 4 or 5 hundred, any way I was at one of the buildings at UTA campus, it was the old HS for Arlington, walked in on all these old white hairs dressed to the nines, big sign saying 50th grad. class , I thought I will never be that old. Haha
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by Angus55
I thought I will never be that old. Haha

Ain't that the truth! Don't blink.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
60 years for me.
My best friend drank himself to death, we played football together, was the outside linebacker behind me. We ran track together, went on double dates. You have to work at it to drink yourself to death before 50.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: jbmi Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
It will be 58 years for me on Sunday, (June 6th). Out of 250 kids, we've already lost 30%.
Spent the summer just having fun, but on Sept. 6, 1963 I was standing at attention on the Parris Island tarmac.
A year later someone mentioned some chit happening in Viet Nam, not a sole even knew where it was.
Time does go fast when you think about it. 6 years of college, one wife, three kids, 8 grand kids. Damn !!!
Posted By: rem141r Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
i was peddling my bicycle back and forth past betty millers house with a hard-on. she never got the hint.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I don't know the date of my class' graduation................I didn't attend. shocked

Well, let's correct that.................I sat in the bleachers watching my friends walk.................probably drinking Annie Green Springs or something out of a bota bag. eek

I finished in December of the previous year. cool
Posted By: saddlering Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I got out on June 6th 1976, time sure has moved on! 62 and feel about 80 most of the time. But I still think I can do stuff that I did at 30 lol.
Originally Posted by saddlering
I got out on June 6th 1976, time sure has moved on! 62 and feel about 80 most of the time. But I still think I can do stuff that I did at 30 lol.

You can still do 30 year old stuff.....................

it just hurts more and takes WAY longer to recover from what you did!
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Was probably watching Thundar the Barbarian.
Or shooting my red ryder or maybe a 25pd fiberglass bow.

8 yrs old.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I was probably out in the yard barefoot with dog shît between my toes
Posted By: jimy Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

No one mentioned yesterday .
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
lol

I probably owe you a new couch

Y'all ain't fertilizin' Nana's beans with nightsoil now, are ye?
My stepfather ran my ass off the day after I graduated, never went back. He had promised my mother I could stay until I graduated.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I was playing second base for the Cubs.

Last year in Little League.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
June 1969 for me. I believe 54 in the class. Have lost track of almost all of them, as I and most of them scattered around the country. Did hear that two my HS good friends passed in last six months. That makes about 10 of them deceased.
But graduation seems like last week. Fifty two years have flown by.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

I am heading down to a funeral for a friend tomorrow. Special Forces, Ranger advisor, BDQ (Biet Dong Quan), '69-71, Central Highlands. You boys had some tough duty, my hat is off to you all!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
We had about 250 or so in my class at least 30 or more dead , two years after we graduated I know at least eight or nine were in Jackson penitentiary!
Posted By: 44mc Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
I turned 10 years old that day. f up year lost my dad , grandmother , a girl in my class , and just about my older cousin in nam . enjoy every day that you are still sucking air
Originally Posted by 44mc
I turned 10 years old that day. f up year lost my dad , grandmother , a girl in my class , and just about my older cousin in nam . enjoy every day that you are still sucking air

So today is your birthday? If so, happy b day.
Posted By: rifletom Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

My friend Sam mentioned that place I believe. He had been around on two tours.
Posted By: jimy Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
My stepfather ran my ass off the day after I graduated, never went back. He had promised my mother I could stay until I graduated.

A friend of mines father bought him a suit case for graduation, when they got home, he told him to take any of his stuff that would fit in it, then he threw him out of the house !
Originally Posted by jimy

A friend of mines father bought him a suit case for graduation, when they got home, he told him to take any of his stuff that would fit in it, then he threw him out of the house !

I took my clothes, that’s it, didn’t have no suitcase. I had a 65 Chevy truck I’d bought myself. I stayed in a motel for a couple of days, got a furnished apartment, got married that September. I’ve been at it ever since.

I was getting ready to turn ten when you graduated high school. I needed to read your post. Makes me feel young. LOL. grin
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I was getting ready to turn ten when you graduated high school. I needed to read your post. Makes me feel young. LOL. grin

Wifey will be 58 next Thursday, so was she, gives me crap about that. I guess an old bastard was all you could get is my response.

She could have done a lot better.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
Class of '58 here. 63 years ago. Very few of us left.
Class of 78. We graduated on my Birthday, May 19th that year. Seems like a lifetime ago. 🤠
Posted By: pete53 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/04/21
i was 17 and thought my 16 year old girl friend was pregnant ,but she wasn`t ! otherwise i would have been a farmer boy was i lucky about that ! she may have been gorgeous but she is even today is high maintenance lady i believe.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Had my 50th high school reunion five years ago. June, '71 I was at Cubi Point.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
49 years since graduation for me, some of the guys talking bout having a bash at start of Football season as we won the State that year, nobody expected that.

Will have been married to the same girl 49 years in September as well. She walked in and sat in from of me in typing class, (smelled good then, still does). She was not impressed that I was captain of the team or president of my senior class, but she took pity when I broke my hand and started doing my typing and passing it back...got her three kids and life time of trouble, but we hang together still.
Wow,just did the math,this week is 40 years ,lol.Still remember getting an empty diploma folder, school wanted me to go to summer school for un-filled detentions,my mom threatened to sue,i got it in the mail.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
I was reporting to Ft. Eustis for A.I.T.

Congrats on your anniversary and longevity, Hanco.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Fifty years ago today, I was getting frisky with my first real girlfriend. It was the summer before my junior year, and what a summer it was. My gosh what a beauty she was.
Posted By: hanco Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Fifty years ago today, I was getting frisky with my first real girlfriend. It was the summer before my junior year, and what a summer it was. My gosh what a beauty she was.

I was there two years before that with ex wife. Those were the days.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21

+1 Boy you are old LOL
it was only 49 years ago since I finished high school. smile
Class of '70, evidently not having a reunion till next year. Proposed theme "70 from '70" (how hokey is that ?)
I'd proposed a joint deal with the class of '71 - shot down.
At 40, we'd lost ~ 30 IIRC, from a class of 130, more or less (don't remember exactly)
How the He!! many will we lose in the next year? We AIN'T "improving with age"!
Posted By: RS308MX Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Class of '74 for me. 47 years ago! Man, time slows for no one!
I was 4 1/2 months from being a glimmer in my parents eyes 40
50 years ago.
Posted By: antlers Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
50 years ago I was playing Little League football in Forest Park, Georgia. I was 10 years old. My dad drove a truck for T.I.M.E.-DC, at that time one of the trucking industry's largest carriers. I had an intact family, and I don’t think I had a stressful care in the world.
Originally Posted by antlers
50 years ago I was playing Little League football in Forest Park, Georgia. I was 10 years old. My dad drove a truck for T.I.M.E.-DC, at that time one of the trucking industry's largest carriers. I had an intact family, and I don’t think I had a stressful care in the world.

You lived an existence few would comprehend these days. Sad, huh?
Posted By: antlers Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by antlers
You lived an existence few would comprehend these days. Sad, huh?
It is sad.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
I was a planned and wanted child.
That makes you weird.

You'd be weird anyway, but you got head start on it.

wink
Posted By: hanco Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21

Only saw my real father once, was in 6th grade, doubt if I was planned. He and my mother married, but never lived together, so I’m not a bastard child. I’d say most of us are surprises.
Better'n bein disappointments, don'tcha think??

LOL
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by old_willys

+1 Boy you are old LOL
it was only 49 years ago since I finished high school. smile

It’s only been 47 years I’ve been on the planet. Glad most of you guys are still kicking. You keep it entertaining around here
Posted By: slumlord Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21

Only saw my real father once, was in 6th grade, doubt if I was planned. He and my mother married, but never lived together, so I’m not a bastard child. I’d say most of us are surprises.

That was just my jocelyn elders impression

Im sure I was a oopsie, too

skeet skeet.

That was just my jocelyn elders impression

As a clarifier, you might add "...I love Eric Clapner---I listen to Eric Clapner every day."
Nice thread, but sad.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Originally Posted by saddlesore
60 years for me.

Time sure enough flies, don't it! grin
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
I was class of 1972. I joined the Army one year later. Where did 49 years go ???

kwg
Posted By: Offshoreman Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
June 1969 - I was leaving for Vietnam and begin my premature transition to adulthood
Posted By: Cretch Re: Fifty years ago today! - 06/05/21
Class of '75. There were 75 of us. Last count 15 are now departed.
© 24hourcampfire