Home
Posted By: KFWA Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Had the opportunity to spend a night in downtown Seattle Friday.

Being a Midwesterner, I hear the same news as everyone else, but you don’t know if it’s really widespread or just limited to a couple of blocks.

It was shocking how bad it is there. I was staying about 10 blocks from the market. I was advised by a policeman not to leave my hotel after dinner, too many random attacks on people by the homeless.

Even in the afternoon it was pretty sketchy.

My wife and I decided to have Dinner at a place a few blocks in the other direction. We were seated in a window seat and as I was waiting for dinner a public bus pulled up to its stop. A guy in the back threw trash out the window and as he did we made eye contact. I shook my head in disgust which set him off and he started pounding on the window and flipping me off. He was still going at it as the bus pulled off

Just a city full of phuggin druggies and psychos.

Got up at dawn the next morning and headed to Mt Rainier. Never looked back.

These cities are ruined. Bunch of George Floyd nonsense everywhere in a city almost devoid of a prominent black population. This is white people that have ruined it.

I am up in the Idaho panhandle now. Just beautiful country
Posted By: 30338 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis. I mean name a big city you'd like to live in?
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by 30338
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis. I mean name a big city you'd like to live in?

Every big city run by Democrats is a chithole, someone prove me wrong.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
It has devolved into a complete schit hole. Not that it was a great city before, but it had its attractions. I avoid it like the plague now.

The dumb bastards that live there have gotten exactly what they have voted for. I’m happy for them.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
I was there 16 years ago.

It was really nice. We walked everywhere.
I moved out here about 15 years ago. Seattle has gotten much worse in that time. The homeless fugging exploded.
Posted By: add Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Not that it was a great city before...

Actually,

It, was....
Posted By: Riverc Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

Let's add New Orleans and Baton Rouge to the list.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
I spent a week there in 2003, it wasn’t anything like that
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
See any cute hookers?
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Was there probably 2 or 3 years ago with my wife and a couple of friends. What struck me was how clean the streets were in the morning and how dirty they were by the evening. Evidently they clean the streets each night and by the next day it was drug paraphernalia and trash everywhere.

My hometown of Austin is becoming the same way. I avoid that chithole as best I can.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Miss that guy that threw fish around the Pike Place fish market. He was in Free Willy and gave out autographs to kids. Made a big production out of tourists buying a few filets or salmon steak.

Those days are gone. No desire to see what it has become.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by add
Not that it was a great city before...

Actually,

It, was....

Yep...
Posted By: add Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Riverc

Let's add New Orleans and Baton Rouge to the list.

Nope, let's not....

Those are third / fourth tier offerings
Posted By: 700LH Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Sad to read what has happened there
Twenty years ago I picked a girl in Chehalis on the Harley.
We rode up to Seattle parked the bike in a outside lot several blocks from the Pike Place and spent several hours there.
Ate lunch sitting on the grass it was a good day.
I have family in Federal Way, they have homeless problems even down there.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I was there 16 years ago.

It was really nice. We walked everywhere.

It's been 25 years for us, but it was a fun trip. No desire to go back.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Posted By: reivertom Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Going there is one mistake I'll never make. It is on a list I keep of cities I'll never visit.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Core issue - Seattle has rotted from the inside outward.
Posted By: Judman Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by 700LH
Sad to read what has happened there
Twenty years ago I picked a girl in Chehalis on the Harley.
We rode up to Seattle parked the bike in a outside lot several blocks from the Pike Place and spent several hours there.
Ate lunch sitting on the grass it was a good day.
I have family in Federal Way, they have homeless problems even down there.

Easy now!! Chehalis?? 😂
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
2008 I was there and hated even driving through it.

Wasn't too bad a place to spend a day.........................................in 1974.

Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
The west coast is looking more and more in need of a large Tsunami.

Bb
Posted By: JGray Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Lived in the Puget Sound area the first 33 years of my life. Left in '94 and would never consider moving back. Still have some family there and make an obligatory trip there once a year or so, but seldom go into Seattle.
Posted By: WAM Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
I’ve sold our house north of Seattle and in the process of selling my house in NE Washington. As much as I like Eastern Washington, I’m outta here. I doubt I’ll even come back for a funeral, unless it was Jay Inslee’s to piss on his grave.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Back in the early 90's most of the cities in the West were very decent.
Seattle, Portland, Denver, Boise....

Then the gangs from Cali. franchised out.
Things started going bad.
Even then, it was avoidable.

The question now is,
Where is the bottom?
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
When Warshall's closed Seattle became less appealing
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
It has devolved into a complete schit hole. Not that it was a great city before, but it had its attractions. I avoid it like the plague now.

The dumb bastards that live there have gotten exactly what they have voted for. I’m happy for them.

Now there all moving to Montana.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

Are housing prices dropping?

I don’t know how anybody can still have equity in some of these places.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
I thought Seattle was a sheithole 20 years ago. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But the atmosphere sucked, especially being an unarmed tourist.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I thought Seattle was a sheithole 20 years ago. We had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But the atmosphere sucked, especially being an unarmed tourist.

It would require a gun to my head to walk into any of these liberal schitholes unarmed.
Posted By: deltakid Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Even though you can say that the people of Seattle voted for the crap that they have, the major problem is that they control the state. They always come up with enough votes to win the state houses and the governorship, and we then have to put up with their crap (I1639 for example). If the big one would strike, it would help as Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia would drop off. I would miss the coast in Grey's Harbor though.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Totally agree!

This is a funny thread because when I spend a few weeks there in 2019 I was thinking that the homeless issue seemed better than in Austin... Our city council has done its best to ruin Austin.
Originally Posted by deflave

Dropping? No. There is still a huge demand for housing.
It has certainly cooled off a bit as compared to a couple years ago though. The areas around Seattle have seen housing prices rise faster than in town.
Originally Posted by sherm_61

Now there all moving to Montana.

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

It would require a gun to my head to walk into any of these liberal schitholes unarmed.

No reason not to be armed.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

Originally Posted by Whiptail

Totally agree!

I remember buying a rifle there - Rem 700 BDL - the first year they chambered it in .338 Win Mag. This would have been in the early '80's.

Was going to UW at the time. U-district was alright back then.
Posted By: Bob_H_in_NH Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

I was there for 2 days 2 weeks ago, hotel was 3/4 mile from the marker/piers, we walked there, we walked to space needle and Olympic park. No issues. We didn't walk after dark though. Yes there were homeless, but they all left us alone.

Other than 1 hotel employee, the "mask issue" was consistent with signs everywhere "if you are vaccinated masks are optional" so we were maskless most times.

I don't like cities, but they come a lot worse than Seattle.

Mt. Rainier, on the other hand was GREAT.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Totally agree!

I remember buying a rifle there - Rem 700 BDL - the first year they chambered it in .338 Win Mag. This would have been in the early '80's.

I lived in Pullman as a kid in the 70s and we would go to Seattle once or so a year. I remember Eddie Bauer sold firearms and had a giant full body mount tiger. Times have changed.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Totally agree!

I lived in Pullman as a kid in the 70s and we would go to Seattle once or so a year. I remember Eddie Bauer sold firearms and had a giant full body mount tiger. Times have changed.

I hear you can get a full size antifa doll there now (360 lb femaie with purple hair).
The Filson store downtown used to be pretty cool.

Stopped back in a couple years ago and it had transformed into a metrosexual zoo.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

Dropping? No. There is still a huge demand for housing.
It has certainly cooled off a bit as compared to a couple years ago though. The areas around Seattle have seen housing prices rise faster than in town.

That is crazy to me.

Indicative of a faux economy.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

You're not wrong. But for the record, Portland is not all that big. About 650,000 and it still is horribly messed up.

Demoncrap run cities oughta prove to everyone Satan is real!
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
My folks retired to a place in Anacortes, like 80 miles away to the north. So on road trips to visit Mom's kitchen, I'd plan on a day trip to Seattle, Boeing Surplus, that sort of stuff, Mariners games.
Over time, the trips got less fun. Lots of bums. The last straw was six years ago. I had a layover in Seattle between the train and the airplane, so I decided it would be a nice walk from King Street to Pike Market, just a gorgeous day. Big mistake. Never have I been so aggressively panhandled and it was continual. Never even got to Pike, I turned around short and headed back, with the caps taken off my tripod spikes. That rifle drill and bayonet training in college ROTC (sorry, I 4Fed out) actually came in handy, I was scary.
But that's it. If I ever again want to watch a nice ball game, I'll go to Yankee Stadium or Shea. F Seattle. F Potland. F San Francisco. All three, I used to love visiting. But now, Newyorkistan is a paradise compared to the Left Coast bungholes.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

You're not wrong. But for the record, Portland is not all that big. About 650,000 and it still is horribly messed up.

Demoncrap run cities oughta prove to everyone Satan is real!

About half of Oregon's population live in the Portland metro area
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Denver, Portland, Chicago, Philly, New York, LA, San Fran, St. Louis.

"Target for Today: starring the 8th Air Force and a cast of 1,000 B-17's"......
Posted By: OldHat Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Truth is even the big parks around Seattle have an overflow of weird people. I like eastern WA. To bad it's in WA state. I love the grand coulee dam area and north of there..
Posted By: szihn Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Seattle is a living testament to the lack of action of so-called conservative courage.

Seattle is being transformed into Satan City not because of the evils of the left, but because of the lack of good actions from "the right".

Like dropping a glass on concrete; It was not the concrete's fault or action that breaks the glass, but the one that stopped holding onto the glass is at fault.

"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."
— William Barclay

The lack of the forceful agenda to do what's right is a guarantee of having to deal with all the problems of what's wrong.

Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state?

Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Malcom X warned us about white liberals and democrRATs. The guy knew what he was talking about.

kwg

When you bring in 30 million illegals they have to have a place to live. After all of the affordable housing is taken and you don't earn an income, you live on the street and blame everyone else for your plight.

kwg
Posted By: JeffP Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Just boomers being hopeless romantics reminiscing about an America that never was........

(Insert facetious post emoji here)
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
If sea level would only rise 30 feet, most of America's problems would be solved.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21
Originally Posted by high_country_
If sea level would only rise 30 feet, most of America's problems would be solved.

Only if it gets High enough to get DC, too.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/15/21

You forgot Austin and Houston.
Posted By: achadwick Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
I’m in Houston this week. Staying downtown. The homeless problem here is very modest compared to Denver.
Posted By: Buck720 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
What did you have to do prove to yourself how bad it really is. I would have drove 200 miles around it to avoid it. I will never intentionally put myself in harms way when I can avoid it!
Posted By: Brazos Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by szihn
Seattle is a living testament to the lack of action of so-called conservative courage.

Seattle is being transformed into Satan City not because of the evils of the left, but because of the lack of good actions from "the right".

Like dropping a glass on concrete; It was not the concrete's fault or action that breaks the glass, but the one that stopped holding onto the glass is at fault.

"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."
— William Barclay

The lack of the forceful agenda to do what's right is a guarantee of having to deal with all the problems of what's wrong.

Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state?

Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)

Bullshit.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by achadwick
I’m in Houston this week. Staying downtown. The homeless problem here is very modest compared to Denver.

I agree. Austin is worse. Both are still Libertard schittholes, though.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Live in the sticks of SE Oregon. With Portland airport being the only exception, we've not been downtown in 25 yrs. When we vacation, we venture further into the sticks. Did a firewood cutting run into our National Forest today, and never saw or heard another rig or person from 06:00 AM to noon. I like it that way.

Some nearby neighbors left Seattle about a year back. Sold a few low end rentals and typically scored $45 to 50K over asking within a day of posting their signs. Obviously someone likes it there.

Also, a young newly married couple with advanced degrees moved there about a year back and vacated to central Wa after 6 months. They simply could not afford a decent home.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
My daughter lives in a condo in Seattle.
My son works in Seattle.
I met my wife in Seattle in 1976.
I was born in Seattle in 1951.
My father was born in Seattle in 1921.
My grandfather immigrated from Sweden for the Alaskan Gold rush and settled in Seattle ~ 1910.

The Seattle area has so much money from Boeing, Microsoft, and Amazon, that they can screw everything up and get away with it.
Posted By: logger Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
[quote=Dave_Skinner] Boeing Surplus

That brings back great memories. In the 80s every time I drove to Seattle for business, I made sure I had enough time to head to Kent and spend lots of time at the Boeing surplus store. Amazing stocks of surplus, aircraft spec nuts and bolts for $2.00 per pound. Lots of tools. Some times I would bring the van to load up on 7075 aluminum and other metals. They changed over time as liability concerns came to the fore. Not as many surplus nuts and bolts, etc.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by Brazos
"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."— William Barclay
Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state? Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)
Bullshit.

Well Brazos, the above poster obviously has some applicable knowledge, and took some time and energy to support his view. Would you be so kind as to provide knowledgeable support for your brief excretory exclamation.
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21

Denver and it's suburbs are the azzwhole of America IMO.
Originally Posted by CCCC
"To the rich man, Lazarus was part of the landscape. If ever he did notice him, it never struck him that Lazarus had anything to do with him. He was simply unaware of his presence, or, if he was aware of it, he had no sense of responsibility for it... A man may well be condemned, not for doing something, but for doing nothing."— William Barclay
Seattle is one city in a large state. So it begs 2 questions. #1 why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state? Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)
Bullshit.

Well Brazos, he above poster obviously has some applicable knowledge, and took some time and energy to support his view. Would you be so kind as to provide knowledgeable support for your brief excretory exclamation.

It's easy to sit in Wyoming and criticize. The one sentence "Seattle is one city in a large state" indicates his lack of knowledge of the situation or he is blowing smoke. Wyoming has not experienced the invasion of liberals YET. Get back to me in ten years and we'll talk about real men...
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Fight breaks out in Seattle's Lake City Ace Hardware

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1404880703062384640

I used to live in Lake City.
Bullshit.

Well Brazos, he above poster obviously has some applicable knowledge, and took some time and energy to support his view. Would you be so kind as to provide knowledgeable support for your brief excretory exclamation.

It's easy to sit in Wyoming and criticize. The one sentence "Seattle is one city in a large state" indicates his lack of knowledge of the situation or he is blowing smoke. Wyoming has not experienced the invasion of liberals YET. Get back to me in ten years and we'll talk about real men...
To your reply, one could post the same one word expletive as did you to szihn. What you have done is try to negate the person and say how easy it is for him - you provided nothing that counters his rather astute observations. Knowing that "Seattle is one city in a large state" is knowing a fact - it indicates knowledge, not a lack thereof. I can understand the upset and frustration of good folks who live in the Seattle area, but even if he were "blowing smoke" it would still be the kind that smarts(v) the conscience. Yes, the thinking and bad behavior of invading liberals has been a big factor - szihn notes the general condition - and I have a feeling that his critique of folks who did not stand up, who did nothing in the face of that evil, will continue to smart(v) the conscience.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Well, his one fact, “Seattle is one city in a large state”, is very misleading.

Seattle metro is in fact over half the population of the entire state. Dump in the rest of the I5 corridor and you’re probably closer to 70%.
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Fight breaks out in Seattle's Lake City Ace Hardware

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1404880703062384640

I used to live in Lake City.

Hah!
I guess he meant it when he said to get out.
CCCC, I don't know what your dog is in this (non)fight.

I'm sure szihn is a very intelligent man and is obviously well-spoken. I generally enjoy his posts.
But when he saw fit to call out people he doesn't know or have knowledge of, including me, as lacking courage and cowering behind excuses, my one word expletive remark was well warranted.
Seattle metro is in fact over half the population of the entire state. Dump in the rest of the I5 corridor and you’re probably closer to 70%.
True, it could be misleading if one were being super-definitive in terms of boundaries. I fairly well know the area from Olympia up past Everett - and have a decent grasp of what the "Seattle area" encompasses and where the Seattle mindset is in living color. But, regarding his "fact" - it is pretty much Seattle proper where the core of the rot flourishes.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I am no fan of Denver, but you CLEARLY have not traveled much..... Give me a fuggin' BREAK.

I'd walk through downtown Denver before Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Oakland, and a dozen other cities.

Get a grip.
True, it could be misleading if one were being super-definitive in terms of boundaries. I fairly well know the area from Olympia up past Everett - and have a decent grasp of what the "Seattle area" encompasses and where the Seattle mindset is in living color. But, regarding his "fact" - it is pretty much Seattle proper where the core of the rot flourishes.

The rot is in Olympia, Tacoma, Everett....Not just Seattle. It is prevalent and pervasive across the entire metro area. Olympia may be the worst of the bunch. Everett has had a meth problem for as long as I’ve lived out here (15years). The multitude of tribal communities are near universally cesspools.

Sadly, this rotten peach has more than one pit.
Posted By: las Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Ain't no such thing as a good city, no matter who it is run by, but definitely worse under Libs.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Denver went to sheit now that the democrats run everything.
Posted By: deflave Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by duck911

I am no fan of Denver, but you CLEARLY have not traveled much..... Give me a fuggin' BREAK.

I'd walk through downtown Denver before Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Oakland, and a dozen other cities.

Get a grip.

I travel often and Denver is well recognized for being an absolute schit hole. Including the suburbs.

The people are rude as fugk, high as schit, and smell like ass. There’s also a f a g standing on every street corner.
Posted By: HitnRun Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21

Get a grip.

I travel often and Denver is well recognized for being an absolute schit hole. Including the suburbs.

The people are rude as fugk, high as schit, and smell like ass. There’s also a f a g standing on every street corner.

You just described about every large city in America other than San Diego.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Archibald Louisiana
Originally Posted by las
Ain't no such thing as a good city, no matter who it is run by, but definitely worse under Libs.

Strongly stated opinion - clear - but possibly driven by limited experience/knowledge.

Originally Posted by HitnRun

I am no fan of Denver, but you CLEARLY have not traveled much..... Give me a fuggin' BREAK. I'd walk through downtown Denver before Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Oakland, and a dozen other cities. Get a grip.
I travel often and Denver is well recognized for being an absolute schit hole. Including the suburbs.The people are rude as fugk, high as schit, and smell like ass. There’s also a f a g standing on every street corner.

Looks like someone got a good experienced grip and opened his own actuality can about Denver.
Now, HitnRun - maybe you could closely define "large" - and then you might meet with some disagreement. Care to define?
Posted By: Judman Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Just heard today coming back from campin on the peninsula, median house price in seattle is $870,000!! Just unbelievable
Posted By: deflave Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by HitnRun

Get a grip.

When’s the last time you were in San Diego?

LOL

Just STFU.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
San Jose is a big city that is ruled by Dims. It’s pretty good now, but it’s going downhill. Hordes of homeless that the city panders too and their starting to get serious about Global Warming. No new natural gas hookups!
Posted By: szihn Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Ok I will interject once more.

Brazos, Re-read this: #1 Why was Satan's agenda paid for by the rest of the state and #2 Where are the real men in the rest of the state? Cowering behind the excuses "it's not my problem" and "I Can't do anything",---------------------------( but they do pay for and keep funding all the left's agenda.)

So, am in hearing "I Can't do anything"?
Or am I hearing "it's not my problem"?

What I and everyone else KNOWS we are NOT hearing is all about the efforts YOU have engaged in to turn the tide in the last 20 years, or the last 5, or the last 1. or even the last 3 days.

Tell us that before you try to attack (as I said so many would would, ) saying "I can't". Or "It's someone else's responsibility."

Because [b]THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE JUST READ YOU WRITING![/b]

Now understand it's not an attack if you choose to see it as a learning opportunity. ALL wrongdoing (even omissions) can be righted ONLY once the actors admit they were wrong!

YOU can do something,
YOU should
and if you try and fail (as I have so many times)
YOU can face your kids and show then what you did to try to protect them.

I would rather try and fail that I would simply fail to try.
As MadMooner pointed out, the HUGE population centers of King, Snohomish, Pierce, and Thurston Counties are the tail wagging the dog.

You don't have a clue what I and others have done while fighting the good fight, and you certainly won't motivate anyone by disparaging the efforts of MEN you don't have a clue about.

I don't need your "learning opportunity". See above.

As far as my future efforts are concerned, I think I'll just quit and move to Wyoming.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Seattle only showcases what every state has experienced. Urban centers are almost always dhimmicrat controlled. Florida is that way, New York is that, way, Colorado is that way.
Conservative states are magnets for political refugees, that by and large, relocate and then vote for the same crap that got them to move. There is no figuring that out. Here in FL, I have fought tooth and nail for 50 years now, and it's a losing battle. Still, as I said, it's not unique, and neither is Seattle.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
I will say this.. driving across Eastern Washington, up thru the Idaho Panhandle to Bonners Ferry down to just past Libby, Montana is Trump country. Saw several F Biden and Trump is my president signs. Then I got to Whitefish….it’s like a little Portland here

I hit the lottery I am moving to Sandpoint, Idaho, sitting here eating a huckleberry fried pie has pretty much locked me in on that
Posted By: Judman Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Other parts of Washington are too, stay outta snohomish, king, pierce, thurston and Clark counties.
Posted By: ribka Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21
Originally Posted by KFWA
I will say this.. driving across Eastern Washington, up thru the Idaho Panhandle to Bonners Ferry down to just past Libby, Montana is Trump country. Saw several F Biden and Trump is my president signs. Then I got to Whitefish….it’s like a little Portland here

I hit the lottery I am moving to Sandpoint, Idaho, sitting here eating a huckleberry fried pie has pretty much locked me in on that

sand point is very liberal
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21

Oh, its coming! Steady stream of cars from Fort Collins to Cheyenne. Only a matter of time until the infection takes hold. Northern Colorado is so expensive people are starting to stare at Wyoming...
Posted By: KFWA Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/16/21

Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by KFWA

sand point is very liberal

Yea I figured as much so close to Couer D’Alene. But if I have lottery money I am going to be off by myself anyways
Posted By: CCCC Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/17/21
As MadMooner pointed out, the HUGE population centers of King, Snohomish, Pierce, and Thurston Counties are the tail wagging the dog.

Yes, this is true - has been that way for quite some time, and the voters - all of them - who have lived in those counties have enabled the current mess to take root and develop. I know quite a number of fine folks up in that area and what is taking place is not to their liking - but they never have been outspoken or active in any effort to change the tide. I suppose they would rather simply enjoy the physical beauty of the area, ride the good economy, go fishing, and retain hope for the Seahawks. We deserve the government we create.

You don't have a clue what I and others have done while fighting the good fight, and you certainly won't motivate anyone by disparaging the efforts of MEN you don't have a clue about.

I don't need your "learning opportunity". See above.

As far as my future efforts are concerned, I think I'll just quit and move to Wyoming.

Posted By: ConradCA Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/17/21
Why didn’t a bunch of citizens visit Seattle and Portland armed with semiautomatic pistols with large cap. magazines in order to confront the ANTIFA rioters? They could put down large numbers of these thugs in self defense. That would cool down the rioting thugs!
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/17/21
Slowly happening everywhere due to tax n spend socialism by both parties at local level. Unless everyone adopts hardline opposition to each and every kind of government program from the Department of Education to their cousin's county-funded construction project, the whole country is headed that way.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/17/21
Another year of this and the country will be gone.
Posted By: asheepdog Re: Thoughts on Seattle - 06/17/21
All blue cities and states are [bleep] holes, the dims screw up anything they touch. NO ACCOUNTABILITY?
© 24hourcampfire