Home
Posted By: jackmountain Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I’ll take a dog 9 out of 10 times. Labradoodles as the exception.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Don’t get me started on cats… only known one on the last 49 years worth his weight. Snagle toothed bastard.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Most people suck, only concerned about themselves and their stuff, Dogs are way better, only ever met a couple I didn't like.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
This falls in the category of,,,,,,Duh !

LoL

🦫
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I love dogs. They’re still just dogs though.

Folks get pretty twisted with the Disney anthropomorphism schit.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Amen.
Posted By: deflave Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I hate dogs.

Matter of fact, I hate pets in general. I think the concept is stupid.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Wabi kicks the hell outta dogs when he can’t solve the daily crossword.

Hate dogs? Dafuq?
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Amen.

+ 1
Posted By: AZmark Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I love dogs, all dogs, but know when to keep my distance also.

When it gets right down to it. I dont think I've ever met a dog that I didnt like, but I've met a WHOLE LOT of people that I didnt like" hmmmm...wonder why.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21

That word gonna get you in trou--ble!
Now I gotta Google it.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Dog are better than most people .
Posted By: scrooster Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Domesticated canines and humans have developed a symbiotic relationship over the course of the past 100,000 years or so ... maybe longer. It's odd though, how Chinese people can both own them as pets and eat them as delicacies and the way they go about murdering canines in the process, claiming that they make the meat tender in doing so, in torturing the animals, .... I dunno, I question the relationship and tend to believe it is more European centric than Asian or African ... the symbiotic relationship between man and dog. Perhaps even native American in its origin.

I feel certain that "dogs are a man's best friend" is a cultured, civilized, western European catchphrase and while apropos, here and there, it is certainly not applicable everywhere.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by AZmark

When it gets right down to it. I dont think I've ever met a dog that I didnt like, but I've met a WHOLE LOT of people that I didnt like" hmmmm...wonder why.

I am very fond of my dogs, my farm managers five dogs, and most dogs in general. I might say I love some of those hairy beasts. A minority are just a PIA, poorly trained, neurotic, noisy, yappy slobber buckets looking for attention, but whatever. Some are just unpredictable and/or dangerous, and need to be hit in the head with a shovel and given a dirt nap.

Come to think of it, dogs are an awful lot like people.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
What've you got against labradoodles?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Huntz Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by AZmark

I am very fond of my dogs A minority of people are just a PIA, poorly trained, neurotic, noisy, yappy slobber buckets looking for attention, but whatever. Some are just unpredictable and/or dangerous, and need to be hit in the head with a shovel and given a dirt nap.

^^^^^^
This
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate dogs.

The Democrats of the animal world.

That either exist is only a testament to the overabundance of prosperity in the society.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
no good chihuahuas exist.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Aliens do not like dogs either deflave.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I kinda liked that Taco Bell dog. Only because he’d remind me that TB was open at 1AM, when I was shît faced and hungry.

🦫
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Those who do not like dogs, remember this should you ever visit El Ranchito de los Perros Flacos.

Posted By: HitnRun Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I hate dogs.

The best part of dogs is when they die and their owners think they will see them on the other side of the “Rainbow Bridge”.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Only other dogs I hate besides for Pits
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I find I have a hard time trusting Pit Bulls.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I LOVE DOGS!

I make my living from dogs.

Did I tell you that I LOVE DOGS?
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Morewood

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by SuperCub

You'd think that crossing a lab with a poodle would produce a sensible, biddable dog, but the vast majority of the doodles I've met over the years (and I meet several dogs per day, every day),have been absolute goons. They ignore all commands, straining at the leash, jumping around at the mere sight of another dog. I am always surprised to meet one that doesn't act like this.

See the same with Labs and Poodles.

People see the well trained versions and know the intelligence levels of the breeds.

So they get one. Figuring that the one THEY own will be a great dog.
Due to breed and the superiority of the owner. (Just like their kids!)

Except you now have an intelligent, high energy dog.
With little training, no job to do, no focus.
Ain't gonna be good. No matter the breed.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Me too, but to be honest, I'm tired of both. Down to two Aussies, a Catahoula and a JRT.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I LOVE DOGS!

I make my living from dogs.

Did I tell you that I LOVE DOGS?

I take it you have a kennel.....or do you raise them also.......bob
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Dogs are moar better.

Posted By: RIO7 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Don't know what i would do with out my dogs. Rio7
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Those who do not like dogs, remember this should you ever visit El Ranchito de los Perros Flacos.

They have that in the form of a tin sign at a local pet shop. I have one hanging in my living room. People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.
Posted By: shaman Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
When I was really young, I identified with the dogs more than humans. It kind of made sense in a way. Dogs were more my size. They played with toys. They were interested in the same things. Part of that stayed with me.

In general, I find the company of a smart dog to be about as satisfying as that with a human. There have been notable exceptions on both sides.

As a for-instance, I seem perfectly happy to be on my own when there is a dog with me. If there's no dog, I'm good for about 3 days with no human contact and then I get really antsy.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

See the same with Labs and Poodles.

People see the well trained versions and know the intelligence levels of the breeds.

So they get one. Figuring that the one THEY own will be a great dog.
Due to breed and the superiority of the owner. (Just like their kids!)

Except you now have an intelligent, high energy dog.
With little training, no job to do, no focus.
Ain't gonna be good. No matter the breed.

I would say that less than 1% of dog owners have any idea of how to really train a dog. They also have no idea of how to manage the relationship with the dog. I guess if all one wants is a housepet that is, to one degree or another, a pita, that's okay. The worst cases, and there are two close by that I see all the time, are people that get high-energy field breeds and think they're going to make a dual-purpose house-pet/field dog out of them, send them off to a "trainer" for a month or two, get them back and give them a little training a few times a week but let them have the run of the house all the rest of the time.
Posted By: shaman Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Anything crossed with a poodle, especially a working poodle is going to be a handful. One of the smartest dogs I ever knew was one.

I've never seen a more mischievous animal. These were real practical joke deals. The dog figured out a way to steal playing cards off the top of a deck left on the kitchen table and hide them around the house without disturbing the deck, and leaving no tooth marks on the card. She also used to steal hand towels out of the bathrooms so you had nothing to dry your hands.

She also used to go on hunger strikes. We figured out the purpose of these was to get me to come over. My grandparents would call up and tell my folks that the dog had gone off her food again. I'd be sent over (ten houses away) to hand feed the dog. After that, she'd be fine for a month or two.

She didn't like a leash, but liked going for walks. After a while, my Grandfather would just hand her the end of the leash, and she'd carry it in her mouth and stay by his side. You had to have the leash on, otherwise, she'd run after squirrels and such.

She also worked better than an alarm clock. She got my grandparents up within 5 minutes of 7AM every morning. She also had the TV schedule memorized and would stand in front of the TV and bark if they tried to stay up to watch TV past 9 PM. If they tried to play cards past Nine, she'd bark at them until they quit.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21

Every person that has a dog is a dog trainer some are ok at it some have no idea, and the dog trains them, i am no expert but my dogs work for me. and help me do my job. Rio7
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by cra1948
I would say that less than 1% of dog owners have any idea of how to really train a dog. They also have no idea of how to manage the relationship with the dog. I guess if all one wants is a housepet that is, to one degree or another, a pita, that's okay. The worst cases, and there are two close by that I see all the time, are people that get high-energy field breeds and think they're going to make a dual-purpose house-pet/field dog out of them, send them off to a "trainer" for a month or two, get them back and give them a little training a few times a week but let them have the run of the house all the rest of the time.

This is bang on! ...... Most times folks buy the wrong dogs for the wrong purpose and get the wrong results.

I always laugh at folks who buy hounds who don't hunt..
Posted By: fester Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I hate dogs.

You f cking troll🤣
Originally Posted by RIO7

Every person that has a dog is a dog trainer some are ok at it some have no idea, and the dog trains them, i am no expert but my dogs work for me. and help me do my job. Rio7

How do you get your dogs to mend fences when they don’t have any thumbs to hold tools?

😬🦫

Posted By: hatari Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by cra1948

This is bang on! ...... Most times folks buy the wrong dogs for the wrong purpose and get the wrong results.

I always laugh at folks who buy hounds who don't hunt..

True, true, true!

100 lb dogs in apratments that get walked for 10 minutes twice per day. Kick Me dogs that are "Mama's Precious Baby" and goes everywhere Mama goes. Mama is needy so gets her unconditional love from the dog.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
“Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.”
Posted By: Huntz Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I have had a lot of hunting dogs.I used to do Field trials with German Shorthairs.Probably the best all around hunting dog that pointed,retrieved ducks in water and flushed on command.I had a Golden Retriever that would not retrieve,but was hell on flushing pheasants and grouse.My German Wirehair was probably the toughest dog I ever ownedNothing could stop him from retrieving on water or land and pointed as a bonus,Then I got into Standard Poodles.Probably the smartest and easiest to train dogs I have owned.They also did it all.Now I had two rescue dogs.The one is just a companion and I have obedience trained him.He could win any dog show,but can`t because he is a mixed breed.The last one I got is a Jack Russell Spaniel mix.I call her hell on wheels.She is probably the most high energy dog I have ever owned and to say mildly is a challenge.I will have my hands full training her,but she loves to hunt and the red squirrel and chipmunk population is in mortal danger.She does not know she is only 22 pounds and is afraid of nothing.Yes I like my dogs and there is no Disney fantasy going on here.I have never had a dog lie to me or stab me in the back.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Live with an animal, live like an animal...
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Live with an animal, live like an animal...
WTF do you think you are ? Man, the most unpredictable, dangerous, greedy, destructive animal on planet earth.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Got the bases covered !

Posted By: dakota300rum Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
I'm à dog lover I have some reserve for a person that doesn't I also have some reserve for a person à dog doesn't like. Nice pic supercub I like sxs shotguns also never hunted Ruff. grouse only sharptails.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Valsdad

They have that in the form of a tin sign at a local pet shop. I have one hanging in my living room. People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.

I will have to look at one to post on the front door.

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
People who don't like dogs are not welcome in my home.

What a shame.

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

Every breed of dog is the product of combining different lines of dog at some point in time. The Doberman Pinscher, for example, was literally created by Heir Doberman (the German dog catcher and tax collector) over many years of mixing dogs he caught without licenses, based on the characteristics he was seeking. He mixed Greyhounds, Standard Pinschers, Mastiffs, etc., till he had a line of dog that served his purpose, i.e., athletic enough to run beside his tax collector's carriage for many miles, yet large, aggressive, and capable enough to deter robbers. In other words, the Doberman Pinscher was a mutt bred for a purpose. Only later did folks in the area who admired them ask for puppies from his breeding lines, which came locally to be known as Heir Doberman's dogs, and later Doberman Pinschers.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

Every breed of dog is the product of combining different lines of dog at some point in time. The Doberman Pinscher, for example, was literally created by Heir Doberman (the German dog catcher and tax collector) over many years of mixing dogs he caught without licenses, based on the characteristics he was seeking. He mixed Greyhounds, Standard Pinschers, Mastiffs, etc., till he had a line of dog that served his purpose, i.e., athletic enough to run beside his tax collector's carriage for many miles, yet large, aggressive, and capable enough to deter robbers. In other words, the Doberman Pinscher was a mutt bred for a purpose. Only later did folks in the area who admired them ask for puppies from his breeding lines, which came locally to be known as Heir Doberman's dogs, and later Doberman Pinschers.

And best of all, like GSD and Pits............................

it would turn on it's owners! smirk

wink

What kinda SxS is that?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Labradoodles are mutts.

Not dogs.

A Doberman is a reputable breed of dog today because the original intent was achieved by people that knew what they were doing.

A labradoodle is a fugking mutt.
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Dog are better than most people .

I agree 100%
Posted By: TheKid Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21

What kinda SxS is that?

That one isn’t mine but it’s an SKB, probably a 100. I have/had several of them. Great shotguns.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Dude;

WTF;

grin
Posted By: Morewood Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
Coincidentally, in about 6 weeks we pick up a standard poodle puppy. It's been a year and a half since our dogs died and we both miss having a dog, so we bought pick of the litter. Cute little thing.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21

How many labradoodles are bred from good working lines?

What sort of people by labradoodles?

Seems like collars are considered “cruel” anymore, most every labradoodle I’ve seen is wearing a harness that encourages them to pull. The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
They're still mutts, until you can stabilize an F2 cross.

Breed two F1 crosses of golden doodle, labradoodle, morkie, whatever, and you never know what you will get.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/21/21
The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.

Crap. I knew it.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Who the hell hates dogs? I can’t imagine a time in my life that won’t be shared with a good dog. Parents bred pure bred spaniels my whole time growing up, one grandad had a pack of Black and Tans for coons, other had at least 20 beagles for rabbits. Various family members had working dogs for farm and sporting use. That’s not a pet, that’s a contributing member of the family.
Posted By: TheKid Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
I don’t hate dogs but I don’t love them either, sort of the same feelings I have towards cattle. I like a good bird dog but don’t get all worked up and have an orgasm when one makes a point or retrieve. I got scolded on here a while ago for saying I enjoy shooting quail more than I enjoy walking around with a shotgun looking at a dog’s [bleep]. I like my weenie dog, she likes to hang out in my easy chair with me and read, but I won’t be crushed like I lost a child when she goes.

Matter of fact I told the wife not long ago that when our dogs die I want to be out of the dog having business for a while. Can’t just take off for a weekend spontaneously, have to find someone to watch them. Can’t just hop in with my dad and uncles to run up to SD to bird hunt spur of the moment, no place for the weenie dog. Working late on a spur of the moment, have to get someone with a key to the house to go let the dogs out. At least with a kid they’re allowed everywhere you might go aside from maybe the strip club.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Who the hell hates dogs? I can’t imagine a time in my life that won’t be shared with a good dog. Parents bred pure bred spaniels my whole time growing up, one grandad had a pack of Black and Tans for coons, other had at least 20 beagles for rabbits. Various family members had working dogs for farm and sporting use. That’s not a pet, that’s a contributing member of the family.

Flave doesn’t need any dogs. His prey drive is huge...For cock !

LOL

🦫
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
The male labradoodles I see usually have tiny sheaths indicating they were neutered at a way-early age, rendering them imbeciles for life.

Crap. I knew it.

😂
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Labradoodles are too soft.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
I hate dogs.

Posted By: las Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Females start to sag as they get older.

Us males pretty much just carry on as always.

Posted By: SuperCub Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Crap. I knew it.

LOL ..... I see what you did there. smile
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Dogs vs humans - 06/22/21
Originally Posted by TheKid

What kinda SxS is that?

That one isn’t mine but it’s an SKB, probably a 100. I have/had several of them. Great shotguns.

This is correct. It is an SKB M100 20ga. Originally 28" F/M but chokes were reamed to IC/M. It's pretty much perfect for a working ruffed grouse gun except it's missing one trigger.

My hairy friend in the pic is a smooth coat Pudelpointer. smile
© 24hourcampfire