Home
Posted By: hookeye Break room...new supervisor - 07/15/21
Is a kid, college co-op.

Ends his sentences on a higher note.....talks like a damn woman.

Should make a great suckarse, I mean stupidvisor.....er....proly end up our HR rep.

Last actual HR rep was a soy boy too

What is a "college co-op"?
ya that ending on a high note gets real old, real fast. half the people at my last job did that. its like every statement is a question. where the hell did that come from?
Yet he’s your superior and he’s probably half your age…
Why do they need a supervisor for the breakroom?
Who has a break room supervisor? And why? Ain’t a break, I get my ass up and walk around and then go back to whatever. No checking in, asking permission or time restrictions. Been that way for 35 years.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
What is a "college co-op"?

someone who specializes in giving co-jobs for status...
like that panntsuit wearing woman (?) from commiefornia...
Co op.....college kids in engineering or supervision, summer job stuff. Colleges and businesses partner on that.

I was on break and in the AC.
Supervisor was just passin through about some job and part numbers for trades.

No big deal, outside of that annoying " every sentence sounds like a question " BS.
Trades usually in break areas....means their chit is running
Have computer system to check for jobs on board.
Mgmnt and hourly and trades work together so not uncommon to have mixed groups on floor, in offices or break areas.

Standard factory stuff

Was not micromanaging or birddogging
Some do that, right before contract time LOL
Never had much respect for a mgmnt/ supervision degree, and with the soyboys of current, even less

Seen mediocre engineers that were horrible supervisors

Sucked at both jobs LOL.

But had some good engineers that were good dudes that also made good supervisors.
Saw kids wash out of ME and EE and go supervision.
Little fuggers hwld a grudge and would try to screw over the guy that struck em out in 8th grade baseball.

Petty bullchit.

The old saying....if your ol lady is hotter than your boss's, or youre taller, thinner, have more hair, are more skilled or better liked.....than your boss.....youre fugged.

That back then.

Now expect it worse w liberal soy boys going into mgmnt.
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya that ending on a high note gets real old, real fast. half the people at my last job did that. its like every statement is a question. where the hell did that come from?

That derives from the Valley Girl speak begining in the 1970s. If I recall there was a movie made with all the southern California San Fernando Valley girls speaking with that lilting high note on the end of each sentence. It was a popular movie for the kids. Girls, then many young boys picked it up and now it is endemic with the "younger crowd" adapting it. Drives me up the wall, too.

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and record it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

Don't beat the egotistical, ex-quarterback big boss on the golf course either. A friend of mine has been paying for that for years.
Any video or audio example of the voice ending in a high note? Listening to someone like that sounds like it could get quite annoying.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

That derives from the Valley Girl speak begining in the 1970s. If I recall there was a movie made with all the southern California San Fernando Valley girls speaking with that lilting high note on the end of each sentence. It was a popular movie for the kids. Girls, then many young boys picked it up and now it is endemic with the "younger crowd" adapting it. Drives me up the wall, too.

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and recorded it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

It was Zappa’s daughter, Moon Unit.
Posted By: Dess Re: Break room...new supervisor - 07/15/21
Seen plenty of people who sucked at their job, but apparently it was more cost effective to promote them to management and then fire them. The local union couldn't do anything about it.

However, during the short time they were in charge, it was pure chaos.
Originally Posted by Dess
Seen plenty of people who sucked at their job, but apparently it was more cost effective to promote them to management and then fire them. The local union couldn't do anything about it.

That’s just something that people who have never been promoted say.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and recorded it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

That’s just something that people who have never been promoted say.

And thats some crap.people that have never worked at a Fortune 500 company say

Except the union part, you just described my management. Good ole boy club works well with our POS's. Luckily I already had a come to Jesus moment with most of management and they leave me alone. When they do need something they are polite and ask. Spineless fugs...
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't beat the egotistical, ex-quarterback big boss on the golf course either. A friend of mine has been paying for that for years.

Oh yeah, thatd be a career killer.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Proly a union thing 😃
He just couldn't stand the big man talking shit any more and played his real instead of polite game.
Just passin through.
Not assigned to it.
Not contract time yet LOL
Originally Posted by mathman
He just couldn't stand the big man talking shit any more and played his real instead of polite game.

Well sometimes a guy has to do what a guy has to do.
My beer drinking is better than my golf so I would never have to sandbag LOL
Posted By: rong Re: Break room...new supervisor - 07/15/21
Up-speak,,,,
Seems most of the kids talk that way.
Originally Posted by GAGoober
Any video or audio example of the voice ending in a high note? Listening to someone like that sounds like it could get quite annoying.

This gal does a pretty good job explaining "up talk".

She's easy enough on the eyes too. wink
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by GAGoober

This gal does a pretty good job explaining "up talk".

She's easy enough on the eyes too. wink

She do got some purty about her. She might even like to run her hair thru my fangers

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]
Yeah, right.

Whatever. (with a rising inflection !)

You been rootin' around in Nana's bean bed?
Originally Posted by slumlord

Proly a union thing 😃

Prolly same reason they got the guy in chitter in those uppity rest-o-rants.

ROFLMAO
Posted By: TheKid Re: Break room...new supervisor - 07/16/21
Supervisor meeting in the break room every morning at 0900 that usually spills over into us working types’ break at 0930. We’ve got to the point where 3 or 4 of us just match on in and get a cup of coffee and have a seat to listen to the brain trust.

Some of them are good guys with some sense but some of the schit a couple of them dream up is absolutely ridiculous. About half of the “supervisor” types are the definition of failing up or “fugk up move up”. Too dangerous to have them doing actual work with tools and machinery so we’ll put them in charge where they can’t tear anything up or hurt themselves. You want to see some misery come listen in when the mechanics I work with get to talking about our boss.
I think I was in the hospital recovering from a broken back after we jumped into Gallant Eagle 82 in the Mohave Desert when I first heard that song Valley Girl. Either I was still at Marsh or already sent back to Bragg .... that was the last time I heard that horrible crap until just now. It was worse than I remember.

Good gosh my girls are all grown and married with my grandbabies now.

Is Moon Zappa still alive even? She was what, 14-16 years old at the time? My oldest was born in 82. So wait a second. Is Moon Zappa in her 50s now? Holifuk. That was one fooked-up family.
© 24hourcampfire