Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Is a kid, college co-op.

Ends his sentences on a higher note.....talks like a damn woman.

Should make a great suckarse, I mean stupidvisor.....er....proly end up our HR rep.

Last actual HR rep was a soy boy too

Last edited by hookeye; 07/15/21.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
What is a "college co-op"?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
ya that ending on a high note gets real old, real fast. half the people at my last job did that. its like every statement is a question. where the hell did that come from?

My diploma is a DD214
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yet he’s your superior and he’s probably half your age…

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Why do they need a supervisor for the breakroom?

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who has a break room supervisor? And why? Ain’t a break, I get my ass up and walk around and then go back to whatever. No checking in, asking permission or time restrictions. Been that way for 35 years.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
What is a "college co-op"?

someone who specializes in giving co-jobs for status...
like that panntsuit wearing woman (?) from commiefornia...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Co op.....college kids in engineering or supervision, summer job stuff. Colleges and businesses partner on that.

I was on break and in the AC.
Supervisor was just passin through about some job and part numbers for trades.

No big deal, outside of that annoying " every sentence sounds like a question " BS.

H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Trades usually in break areas....means their chit is running
Have computer system to check for jobs on board.
Mgmnt and hourly and trades work together so not uncommon to have mixed groups on floor, in offices or break areas.

Standard factory stuff

Was not micromanaging or birddogging
Some do that, right before contract time LOL

H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Never had much respect for a mgmnt/ supervision degree, and with the soyboys of current, even less

Seen mediocre engineers that were horrible supervisors

Sucked at both jobs LOL.

But had some good engineers that were good dudes that also made good supervisors.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/15/21.
IC B3

H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Saw kids wash out of ME and EE and go supervision.
Little fuggers hwld a grudge and would try to screw over the guy that struck em out in 8th grade baseball.

Petty bullchit.

The old saying....if your ol lady is hotter than your boss's, or youre taller, thinner, have more hair, are more skilled or better liked.....than your boss.....youre fugged.

That back then.

Now expect it worse w liberal soy boys going into mgmnt.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
ya that ending on a high note gets real old, real fast. half the people at my last job did that. its like every statement is a question. where the hell did that come from?

That derives from the Valley Girl speak begining in the 1970s. If I recall there was a movie made with all the southern California San Fernando Valley girls speaking with that lilting high note on the end of each sentence. It was a popular movie for the kids. Girls, then many young boys picked it up and now it is endemic with the "younger crowd" adapting it. Drives me up the wall, too.

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and record it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Don't beat the egotistical, ex-quarterback big boss on the golf course either. A friend of mine has been paying for that for years.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Any video or audio example of the voice ending in a high note? Listening to someone like that sounds like it could get quite annoying.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

That derives from the Valley Girl speak begining in the 1970s. If I recall there was a movie made with all the southern California San Fernando Valley girls speaking with that lilting high note on the end of each sentence. It was a popular movie for the kids. Girls, then many young boys picked it up and now it is endemic with the "younger crowd" adapting it. Drives me up the wall, too.

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and recorded it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

It was Zappa’s daughter, Moon Unit.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Seen plenty of people who sucked at their job, but apparently it was more cost effective to promote them to management and then fire them. The local union couldn't do anything about it.

However, during the short time they were in charge, it was pure chaos.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Dess
Seen plenty of people who sucked at their job, but apparently it was more cost effective to promote them to management and then fire them. The local union couldn't do anything about it.

That’s just something that people who have never been promoted say.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

EDIT: I may be wrong as it was a long time ago, but didn't Frank Zappa write a song and recorded it about "Valley Girls?"

L.W.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
H
hookeye Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

That’s just something that people who have never been promoted say.

And thats some crap.people that have never worked at a Fortune 500 company say

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Except the union part, you just described my management. Good ole boy club works well with our POS's. Luckily I already had a come to Jesus moment with most of management and they leave me alone. When they do need something they are polite and ask. Spineless fugs...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,653
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.