Home
Been watching the huntin' shows lately, my 243, 257, 308 and 30-06 just ain't gonna work no more. I'm selling em all to fund one good 6.5 Creedmore. Ain't no way you can kill a deer with anything less.

These mf'ers are fuqking retarded, gayest sheit since the 270.
Some of your bullets are too slow and some too fast - 6.5 Creed is just right , you shouldn't have all those guns anyway - guns kill people .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Some of your bullets are too slow and some too fast - 6.5 Creed is just right , you shouldn't have all those guns anyway - guns kill people .

đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł
Got a Benelli R1 in .308 ya wanna sell?

Let me help.
I like my 270.
It's funny the guys that get all bent out of shape over the 6.5 Creed.
You can't let TV blather poison your thinking. Whether you need one or not the 6.5 Creedmoor is a very practical cartridge of merit.
Originally Posted by mathman
You can't let TV blather poison your thinking. Whether you need one or not the 6.5 Creedmoor is a very practical cartridge of merit.

I was going to buy one after Hornady or some such told New York State or some such to pound sand.

I never got around to it.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Speaking of gayness, look who came to the party.
Thought you were introduced to duck hunting...oh well.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I was going to buy one after Hornady or some such told New York State or some such to pound sand.

I never got around to it.

Here you go:

[Linked Image from 3dmailresults.com]
I know it....but Christensen Arms came out with a carbon barrel bolt action 22LR.

Thinking a layaway ticket is in my future......as soon as I get some more Biden BUX.
Originally Posted by mirage243

Remember the meme ; bunch of urinals [pisser] in a row - guy walks all the way down gets right next to the only guy in there and says ; I've got a creedmoor - that was blackheart !!

Blackfart holding a creedmore would be the pinnacle of gayness, gayer than JimFromTN. Lol
Yes it is. Accurate. Low recoil. Lots of good, accurate factory ammo available at good prices. I have one and despite all of it's good qualities and excellent performance as a deer cartridge, it hasn't displaced my old favorites when deer season rolls around.
Originally Posted by DeadHead

Blackfart holding a creedmore would be the pinnacle of gayness, gayer than JimFromTN. Lol

Oh-hell now you did it - Mirage's thread gone ta-schit
1800 fps at 600 yards outta 16" barrel with little recoil is a nice little party trick, but often times what we need is what we already have.

95 TMKs outta 243 ain't nothing to sneeze at tho and 108s take the cake if your spout can throw a spiral.

I love my 308s too simply due to logistics.
I've bought out more than a few guys migrating away from the oh hate for pennies on tha dolla.

I've got about 30-40 pounds of blc2 and h335 stashed away, and there's just too many easy loads I can shoot nearly free with said propellant and estate sale 308 cal projectiles.

I'm actually thinking of picking up a new threaded Ruger american 06 just to turn up the volume on that tune.

Hard to understate the value of what we all have tucked away in times like these.
Worse than the Tarquin - don’t raise it!
I own 3 6.5 Creedmoors. (Tikka T3X, Howa 1500, Winchester 70 FWT)

Having said that, I will be the first to say that my 6.5x55, 270, 280, and old 30-06 (yes, long actions) will do just as good/better out to reasonable deer hunting distances.

Also, my 6.5 Creedmoors cannot do anything better on deer than my 260, 7mm-08, or my 308.

The 6.5 Creedmoor is just another cartridge and yes, I do like it as well.

What fun is owning only 1 hunting cartridge?
Originally Posted by DeadHead

You girls are quite the bunch of little bitches. Guess I musta been a little too rough on your tender little va jay jays at some point and you just couldn't handle the bruising. It's funny as hell to see you ladies wear those hurt little feelers on your sleeve though. LMAO
6.5 Creed ain’t sheeyat anymore. I heard there is a new 6.5 Schmidt Fidnornor Neidermeyer coming out. Blows em all away’
If you can’t kill it clean with a 243 anywhere on the planet, you just suck.
I dont understand the recoil point of view......my 10 lb. 3006 with 150 grain bullets shoots easy on the shoulder.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
If you can’t kill it clean with a 243 anywhere on the planet, you just suck.

^^^^ This
#8×57196grspce@2600fps=perfect<200ydwoodedterriandeerload
Originally Posted by SCgman1
I dont understand the recoil point of view......my 10 lb. 3006 with 150 grain bullets shoots easy on the shoulder.

You'll be getting the call from the Nobel committee any time now. grin
I like my 270.

As OConnor said, "The unbelted magnum."
Just hope that there are folks that want one of those old rifles. wink

Trufe. You can read about it on Fakebook. smile

But not the first. Just the latest.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

But not the first. Just the latest.

So?
So, no big deal.
I wonder how many years it will.be before it kills as many polar bears as the 270 or as msny deer as the old 30-thirty.
Im holding out for the 6.7.
Irrelevant w.r.t. its own merit.
What can the 6 and a half needmor do that any other cartridge can't do right now?

I know it can't be answered, the cartridge is a new name that's it, Holy God lets buy one and make up stories about it's amazing performance
No hate for the 6.5 CM here. I see it as optimized more for target sports than hunting but that’s more gun nerd than anything else. I have one 6.5 CM. A heavy barrel profile Rem 700 action, factory rifle other than than an aftermarket stock and a Timney trigger set up for midrange paper punching and gong gun for fun and spinning turrets. It hasn’t disappointed at all. It’s a 0.5 MOA five shot group rifle out to three hundred yards with almost any 140’ish grain factory ammo I’ve run through it and only opens up slightly at 600 yards (likely operator error). Picking off golf balls more often than I miss at the 300 yard berm is lots of fun.
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
What can the 6 and a half needmor do that any other cartridge can't do right now?

I know it can't be answered, the cartridge is a new name that's it, Holy God lets buy one and make up stories about it's amazing performance

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by doubleDs55

Yeah, that 6.5 CM has been eclipsed by the more awesomeness of the 6.5 PRC

Those of us who use them, have shaved heads.

Laffin

đŸŠ«
Always wondered why.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I like my 270.

As OConnor said, "The unbelted magnum."

A 270 with a 24” barrel isn’t to far off a 7mm Rem Mag
Watched a video about month ago. A guy was shooting into steel a steel gong 300 yards. He was measuring which caliber left the deepest divot in the the gong. He shot a 50 BMG, a .338 Lapua Magnum, a .338 Win Mag, a 30'06, a 270, a 6.5x55, a 6.5 Creed and a .243. I'm certain there are calibers I forgot. What I remember is that the 50 BMG won the divot depth, but just shortly behind the 50 BMG was the .243. THe 50 and the 243 penetrated the gong significantly more than the other cartridges. Bullet weight, construction and velocity of each round was not disclosed. Kinda interesting.
If you're shooting at mild steel a 22-250 will ball out more of a crater than a 30-06.
No telling what ASTM standards the A-TEAM’s van was clad in.
Did it matter? Nobody on either side of a conflict on that show could hit anything anyway.
Been watching the huntin' shows lately, my 243, 257, 308 and 30-06 just ain't gonna work no more. I'm selling em all to fund one good 6.5 Creedmore. Ain't no way you can kill a deer with anything less.

Sorry, your guns are worthless...I can take them to properly dispose of them for you...
Did it matter? Nobody on either side of a conflict on that show could hit anything anyway.

Not really because Hannibal looked badass with that stainless folding stock mini 14

đŸ€ŁđŸ€ŁđŸ€Ł

You laugh,

But according to some experts it is the

Goldilocks' solution to every rifleman's needs.

I think I'll stick with the ones I already have unless I run into some "extra cash".
Just looked at the specs....ain't that a 260?
Originally Posted by ringworm

Exactly.

And the 6.5x55 is a bit more than that.

And the 6.5-06 a bit more than that.

And the .264 Win Mag a bit more than that.

I like the high SD of 140 grain, 6.5mm bullets for ballistics purposes, but at 400 yard and closer hunting ranges, a 100 grain spitzer in a .257 Roberts kills deer just as dead, just as easily.

Not that I'm an expert or anything even close but I see most of these people who tout the 6.5 creed, 6.5 Grendel don't know schit about firearms, calibers, or ballistics.

I know a guy who has a 6.5 creed and it's an amazing weapon, caliber has only a small part to do with it.
You need a 300 Win mag minimum
I'm with you.......My 30-30 and 38-55 is no more effective these days for deer than a BB gun. I think I'll just use them for 4th of July and News Years noise makers.
The 6.5CM is as good (or better) than a long list of "deer" cartridges we use all the time.

Saying that, I won't be selling my 275 Roberts or 275 Rigby anytime soon and buying one..
The best thing about the 6.5 creed is that it spawned the 22 and 6mm creed .
Just as with O'Connor's fight to legitimize the good .270, the Creedmoor has had a tough time. Truth tell there are many great cartridges and just about any of them will down a deer. Probably more deer have been killed with the 22 than any other over the years. The one that's best is up to the guy pulling the trigger. One thing's for sure, we'll be bitching about which is better till the end of time.
The last person I saw at the range shooting a 6.5 C had a man bun. Just sayin’.
Originally Posted by GAGoober

Is the 6CM ok? ...... Asking for a friend. smile
Originally Posted by SuperCub

I think so as long as you don’t have a scope that looks like the Hubble Telescope sitting on top.
Originally Posted by rainshot
Just as with O'Connor's fight to legitimize the good .270, the Creedmoor has had a tough time. Truth tell there are many great cartridges and just about any of them will down a deer. Probably more deer have been killed with the 22 than any other over the years. The one that's best is up to the guy pulling the trigger. One thing's for sure, we'll be bitching about which is better till the end of time.

You think so?

I would say the CM has had nearly universal acceptance...from the start.
Posted By: RDW Re: Gotta Sell All My Deer Rifles - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk

Exactly.

I like the high SD of 140 grain, 6.5mm bullets for ballistics purposes, but at 400 yard and closer hunting ranges, a 100 grain spitzer in a .257 Roberts kills deer just as dead, just as easily.

It’s not a 260 and not about case capacity
JFC
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5.5 Creed enthusiasts

I remember (years ago) reading that a 30-06 was to light for Deer !
Posted By: WAM Re: Gotta Sell All My Deer Rifles - 07/21/21
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.270 meets 6.5 CM
.. LMAO
Originally Posted by RDW

Exactly.

JFC

Exactly.

It’s about twist rate, shoulder angle, being able to fit a heavy for caliber bullet in a short action magazine ect. Lots of bubbas can’t see past deer huntin’ as the end all be all of firearm and cartridge purposes lol
The 6.5 CM kills stuff.

It will even kill elk (if you can shoot) :

But then so will a .300 WM

Or a .308:

or even a .45 ACP when you pop em in the noggin:

Arguing and complaining about this stuff is like arguing if it is wetter underwater when it rains.

There is some nice country to see.

Just got back from 5 days in the mountains. It beat looking at a computer screen and reading complaints about how the sky is falling, who is a homo, and the usual old man complaints about literally everything.

Yes, Bambi was a people. I remembering him talking like any ordinary person.
I sold my speedmeier after determining it didn't do anything I couldn't already do with my 243AI or 308.
Well said Mackay.
Posted By: JPro Re: Gotta Sell All My Deer Rifles - 07/21/21
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

It beat looking at a computer screen and reading complaints about how the sky is falling, who is a homo, and the usual old man complaints about literally everything.

Lol. I think some folks aren't happy unless they are miserable....
Originally Posted by RDW

Exactly.

JFC

No, it's about twist rate. Remington marketing failed badly when they neglected their history lessons over the 244 vs 243 vs 6 mm.

Had the 260 been introduced with a 7 inch twist to stabilize everything from 100 gr spitzers through a 155 gr VLD, the 6.5 Creed would not exist. Rem finally got it almost right with the 5R in 260. Too bad they did not fit it with a Wyatt's box at the factory.
some of the stupidest people I ran into at the range or overheard at the LGS were Creediot gundummies

they are even dummer than the AR tards

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I don't have a .270, but I do have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I also have a trusty .308, a .338, a 9mm, a .45, a .5.56, a .300 BLK, a 22, etc. They each have their place and honestly who cares what people shoot as long as it goes bang and drops prey? Let people own whatever they want. I still have no idea where this obsession comes from about what other people shoot.
I like the 6.5cm for target shooting but for hunting I want something else. Granted I had only shot 1 mule deer doe, but wasn't impressed with the performance. I shot her at approx. 90 yards and hit her behind the leg in the lung area with a 143 eld x. She immediately bolted about 70 yards in the field and stopped. I fired again dropping her. As I walked towards her, I saw her with her head up looking around. I put a 3rd shot into her and finally she was down for good. I have never experienced this situation with another cartridge for a deer size animal.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I don't have a .270, but I do have a 6.5 Creedmoor. I also have a trusty .308, a .338, a 9mm, a .45, a .5.56, a .300 BLK, a 22, etc. They each have their place and honestly who cares what people shoot as long as it goes bang and drops prey? Let people own whatever they want. I still have no idea where this obsession comes from about what other people shoot.

My grandma called it “misery loves company”.

I think so as long as you don’t have a scope that looks like the Hubble Telescope sitting on top.

I set up a Thompson Center Compass chambered in 6.5 CM for my lovely Bride to hunt Whitetail Deer. I mounted a Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm scope on it. It shoots consistently 1 MOA, often tighter. Is that scope too close to a Hubble Telescope? grin

It's a VXIII 4.5x14 B&C. Big enough for a heavy sporter.

Hornady factory 103s.

Originally Posted by RDW

Exactly.

JFC

You missed the point.

Ballistically, it is essentially identical to the the 260 Remington, which was around for decades as the 6.5-308 wildcat and known by several other names. It was standardized by Remington in the late '90s.

Creedmore fanboys seem to think that the shape of the case is somehow magical compared to other cases of similar capacity.

Whatever.
1. Never heard anyone say it's better than all others.Have heard others insist they have.
2. Never heard anyone say it's the best or the only solution. Have heard others insist they have.
3. Never heard anyone give a convincing argument its no damned good. Yet have heard nonsensical attempts.
4. Have heard dozens of guys whine and bitch about it totally out of the blue like it has really affected them.
5. No man bun, no flat brim cap and did not buy into nor ever saw any sales hype.
6. Have enjoyed it from day one. Unapologetically.
7. I prefer 270 over 30-06 as well. laugh
Originally Posted by hanco

Hah!

It's a VXIII 4.5x14 B&C. Big enough for a heavy sporter.

Hornady factory 103s.

Hey man only two of those holes are touching!

Yeah, I don't understand it. I have one and I like it. Where's the problem? I also have 308s, 30-06, 30-30, 25-06, 338 Federal, etc. I like all of them.
Originally Posted by Theeck

Yeah, I don't understand it. I have one and I like it. Where's the problem? I also have 308s, 30-06, 30-30, 25-06, 338 Federal, etc. I like all of them.

338 Federal? Ewwwwwww!

Mine seems to fit in between my .243 and .30-06 just fine.
Everything I've ever killed with my .270 still be ded.
All the good guys have left . you folks ought to evaluate yourselves and your purpose here on 24 hour campfire . The owner is gracious enough to have this place for sportsmen and deserves many thanks and much respect. It's disrespectful to talk about gays and homos on a site such as this one. Thank you Mr Bin for putting up with this childish bunch.
Originally Posted by RDW

Exactly.

JFC

You missed the point.

Ballistically, it is essentially identical to the the 260 Remington, which was around for decades as the 6.5-308 wildcat and known by several other names. It was standardized by Remington in the late '90s.

Creedmore fanboys seem to think that the shape of the case is somehow magical compared to other cases of similar capacity.

Whatever.

Yes, remember all the "magical geometry" bs published around the RSAUM and Win Short Mags. And then all the sadness when people figured out their new fangled wonder rifle would do SLIGHTLY better than any other in an '06 based cartridge.

Not a lot of ink wasted on short mags these days.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by RDW

Exactly.

JFC

You missed the point.

Whatever.

Yes, remember all the "magical geometry" bs published around the RSAUM and Win Short Mags. And then all the sadness when people figured out their new fangled wonder rifle would do SLIGHTLY better than any other in an '06 based cartridge.

Not a lot of ink wasted on short mags these days.

Magical geometry? How did you ever measure this magicness? I bet LOTS and LOTS of shooters were pretty miffed that their results were just SLIGHTLY better than the good old 30.06 caliber. How many new 30.06 based rounds have gone mainstream and get regularly manufactured by ammo companies? I'm not quite sure
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
All the good guys have left . you folks ought to evaluate yourselves and your purpose here on 24 hour campfire . The owner is gracious enough to have this place for sportsmen and deserves many thanks and much respect. It's disrespectful to talk about gays and homos on a site such as this one. Thank you Mr Bin for putting up with this childish bunch.

Yah you tell 'em.
7mm-08.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

"Good Guys" lmfao

I WAS going to read your thread till your last sentence.

U R an Azz Hat
Originally Posted by jwall

U R an Azz Hat

You've hurt my feeling.

I have a couple creeds and all of the above plus 358’s. I like fooling with the over the top Creed boys.
Originally Posted by hanco

You've gone a bit too far now!
Posted By: las Re: Gotta Sell All My Deer Rifles - 07/21/21

One of mine (M98) is closer to 11 lbs - and shoots 3 into an inch at 300.

And that $400 Wallmart Special POS Rem, unmodified except for trigger adjustment, does MOA.

So there!

I wouldn't mind having a 6.5 Creed, but I have rifles now that haven't been shot in 10 years, much less hunted.

I'll take one of your .243's, best damn deer round ever. Bunch of dumbazzes run out and buy new stuff that's no better than the old stuff.
Originally Posted by las

One of mine (M98) is closer to 11 lbs - and shoots 3 into an inch at 300.

And that $400 Wallmart Special POS Rem, unmodified except for trigger adjustment, does MOA.

So there!

I wouldn't mind having a 6.5 Creed, but I have rifles now that haven't been shot in 10 years, much less hunted.

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
I'll take one of your .243's, best damn deer round ever. Bunch of dumbazzes run out and buy new stuff that's no better than the old stuff.

Hauled out my $400 walmart-brickseek scope/rifle package this morning.
Including $11 blue box Federal ammo 😃

U R an Azz Hat

You've hurt my feeling.

Suck your thumb and tell Mommie.

U R an Azz Hat

You've hurt my feeling.

Suck your thumb and tell Mommie.

Oh, look who's reading my thread. Thought you were gonna take your toys and go home, what a little nosey bitch.
I have a $175 TC Compass in 6.5 that outshoots anything else in the safe. Bought it just to checkout the hype. Already had a .260 since they were introduced back in the 90's. It's too much fun now that it's dialed in. I still take my 7 mag and 338 mag for Elk hunting but shoot the Creedmoor at the range for fun. It won't beat you up like the mags will.
girly243

UR wrong. checking out your response is ALL. NONE other.

don't flatter yourself.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps
I have a $175 TC Compass in 6.5 that outshoots anything else in the safe. Bought it just to checkout the hype. Already had a .260 since they were introduced back in the 90's. It's too much fun now that it's dialed in. I still take my 7 mag and 338 mag for Elk hunting but shoot the Creedmoor at the range for fun. It won't beat you up like the mags will.

That’s been my experience as well.

I bought one in a relatively cheap heavy barrel profile Rem 700. I replaced the trigger with a Timney and dropped it in a different stock. It shoots lights out and is my first/only rifle with a scope with turrets to dial. Lots of fun at the range. 6.5 CM isn’t the end all be all of anything. Just a modern cartridge designed to take advantage of modern twist rates and optimized for maximum velocity out of a short action non magnum rifle with room to adjust seating depth and 30 degree shoulders known for easy accuracy.
everybody talks about "modern" this & that when it involves the crud, ffs you can have any fkn "modern" twist barrel ya want, I've got 6 twist in 6.5mm, 7 twist in 30 cal & 8mm, and even have 7 twist in 375 cal & 8 twist in 408 cal, It's not brain surgery to run a reamer with a "modern" throat into any existing factory chamber

some guys make it seen like the frkn Cruds & PRiCk cartridges are so futuristic as to hold some sort of magical powers
Originally Posted by Swamplord
everybody talks about "modern" this & that when it involves the crud, ffs you can have any fkn "modern" twist barrel ya want, I've got 6 twist in 6.5mm, 7 twist in 30 cal & 8mm, and even have 7 twist in 375 cal & 8 twist in 408 cal, It's not brain surgery to run a reamer with a "modern" throat into any existing factory chamber

some guys make it seen like the frkn Cruds & PRiCk cartridges are so futuristic as to hold some sort of magical powers

Or you could just buy it off the shelf and be done with it. Not brain surgery and not magical.

If the 6.5 Swede (great cartridge with lots of great history) was built on a short action you’re still going to be limited to seating depth. If it’s on a long action you won’t be but your also open to a whole lot of other potential chamberings. I’d rather hunt with a 6.5 Swede for the history behind the cartridge or a 7x57 over a 7-08 but from a practical standpoint and in the case of the CM for non hunting purposes the CM makes more sense. Nobody uses a Swede precision shooting. A CM can be off the shelf no modifications necessary and given the correct rifle the cartridge works well as a hunting AND precision cartridge.

Added bonus for a CM over a Swede in addition to the barrel having a faster twist you don’t have to reload to get modern pressure ammo and have more choices to pick from.
I think some people resent an easy button cartridge.

Want some cheese with that whine?
I know it....but Christensen Arms came out with a carbon barrel bolt action 22LR.

Thinking a layaway ticket is in my future......as soon as I get some more Biden BUX.

Do it. One of the guys at my club bought one just for our know your limits shoots. He put a $1,000.00 scope on it too. He didn't do well in the matches. Due to "flyers" and "poor ammo". Some guys have all the excuses though.

No doubt.

I get having sentimental favorites and as a “gun guy” have some of my own. At the same time I’m not so blinded to see the added benefits and scope beyond strictly hunting purposes of new developments as they come along.

Human nature I guess..
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Do it. One of the guys at my club bought one just for our know your limits shoots. He put a $1,000.00 scope on it too. He didn't do well in the matches. Due to "flyers" and "poor ammo". Some guys have all the excuses though.

I have a Kidd 10/22 clone with an aluminum sleeved barrel. No complaints.

If we get more Biden bucks I’ll buy a Proof Research Elevation. I’ll probably buy one either way but Biden bucks would make it an easy call.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Probably better than that Christensen arms. I wasn't impressed.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Probably better than that Christensen arms. I wasn't impressed.

I have a Dead Air Nomad that should get the ATF thumbs up soon. Most of my deer hunting is out of box blinds and tree stands. I want a lightweight compact .308. I’ve heard some negatives about Christensen Arms. I’d rather have controlled round feed just because I like it and for the money would like to get exactly what I want. I like the Proof elevation but haven’t had the opportunity to handle one and hate to spend that much money and not like how it handles I like a more open grip in a hunting rifle. Looking at the Proof stock it’s hard to tell exactly how it would handle. That’s splitting hairs and won’t make any difference in dead deer but for the money I want it to be what I want.
Posted By: okie Re: Gotta Sell All My Deer Rifles - 07/22/21
I wouldn't call it a modern cartridge but improved yes. It has great genes . Add in twist rate change shoulder angle and excellent components that are readily available along with the flight characteristics of 6.5 bullets it's no surprise so many different rifles chambered for it are accurate right out of the box. Reminds me of some of the old cheap 222 Rems that used to be offered as most shot as well as more expensive ones. Like I said good genes...

Our version with very similar ballistics is 6,5x47 Lapua. It was developed for target shooting, but with heavier weight soft points bullets it can be used for small and medium game hunting.
Guess I'm just a dinosaur, my newest, latest and greatest caliber is 300 win mag. I was told a long time ago that a good rifle shoots better than a good cartridge.
© 24hourcampfire