Home
Posted By: Irving_D Bottled water - 07/27/21
Posted By: slumlord Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
I’m getting 24 1/2 liter bottles for about $4 from Aldi

Andy is getting raped at the CBS cafeteria
Posted By: OldHat Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Great!

Clear signs we were on coarse for a train wreck back then. Stupider and stupider.
Originally Posted by slumlord

I get a 1000 gallons for about $6. You are getting raped at Aldis. LOL
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Water should be free.
Originally Posted by OldHat

Right outta the tap. That’s cool

Do you get 7,570 free plastic 1/2 liter bottles for your $6 ?

Youre drinking my shower water. 😃

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

Touche! You got me there ... fuggin canteens.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Water should be free.

It is, if you to the right place.
Water should be free.

It is ... under a dark cloud.
Posted By: Squidge Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

40 pack at Costco is $2.99
Originally Posted by Squidge

That's probably chinese water.
Water should be free.

Yeah!!!

Make them evil rich people pay for those $600 million water treatment plants.

That's probably chinese water.

Is that the spring water or that purificado crap they give brats at soccer practice?

In full disclosure, I sometimes buy the $17
24 packs of san pelligrino

😃
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Timing is perfect on that one. Buck thirty five when Andy was still working 20 years ago? Probably four bucks now. I had to get some water for fire crew supplies yesterday after getting skunked the day before at the local food marts. Every single bottle flat was skinned off, gallons only. So yep, Costco, three bucks for 40 of those "purified" waters. Actually not a bad deal compared to the name brand "water."
I didn't like Andy's positions on a lot of things, but man, he could sniff out stupid better than just about anyone.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Water should be free.

CEO of Nestle - Brabeck-Letmathe (credited as Peter Brabeck) appeared in the 2005 documentary We Feed the World and while speaking on the subject of water, he said "It's a question of whether we should privatize the normal water supply for the population. And there are two different opinions on the matter. The one opinion, which I think is extreme, is represented by the NGOs, who bang on about declaring water a public right. That means that as a human being you should have a right to water.That's an extreme solution. The other view says that water is a foodstuff like any other, and like any other foodstuff it should have a market value." He added, "Personally, I believe it's better to give a foodstuff a value so that we're all aware it has its price, and then that one should take specific measures for the part of the population that has no access to this water."

He isn't a very popular man, nor is his company as they pump water out of the ground for essentially nothing and resell it. They recently sold their North American water bottling operations for $4.3billion
Posted By: Teal Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Essentially the view given African and other game animals - if they have value, you'll take care of it.

Everything I've ever seen given to people for free or near free/no cost to them specifically - ends up trashed. Public housing is a great example.

That said - Nestle Waters was recently sold to 2 investment type firms. Both known for cost cutting and efficiency driving. One owned(s) Pabst and used to own Twinkie when they went TU.

That 4.3b - IIRC is basically 1 year's revenue to get all the brands, goodwill, plants and physical equipment. Pretty cheap price but water is an ultra low margin commodity.
Originally Posted by Teal
Essentially the view given African and other game animals - if they have value, you'll take care of it.

Unless you're chinese.

Then it's "if it has value exploit it, and when you run out, go exploit everyone else's and when we run out lie, lie, lie".
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

OldChapeau should be referred to as Curmudgeon Boy - older and grumpier than dirt.

Canteen Boy is a SNL reference.

Originally Posted by MuskegMan

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

OldChapeau should be referred to as Curmudgeon Boy - older and grumpier than dirt.

Well I did not know that. I'll be honest, I never watched SNL. I was fast asleep when it was on. I guess it was not the zinger I thought ... being borrowed and all.

"Curmudgeon Boy" - that sounds like an oxymoron, it doesn't quite have the ring Canteen Boy had.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
I used to always get 40 half liter bottles at Costco for $2.99. The wife said it's too much plastic waste so now we have an office like water cooler that we pay about double for??

Our well driller infected our well with iron bacteria so our well water tastes nasty to me.

Bb
Posted By: deflave Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Wife brings me anything that ain't a Fiji and she gets a right cross in return.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

Well I did not know that. I'll be honest, I never watched SNL. I was fast asleep when it was on. I guess it was not the zinger I thought ... being borrowed and all.

"Curmudgeon Boy" - that sounds like an oxymoron, it doesn't quite have the ring Canteen Boy had.

Yep. Adam Sandler was funny.

Local Grocery Store has 40 pack of “generic” RO water for $3.29. Good stuff. If their sold out, I buy Dasani. The well water at the Ranch is too “gypy” to drink.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

He is pretty funny. I'm sure he is practically out of job now that hollywood is full woke.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I used to always get 40 half liter bottles at Costco for $2.99. The wife said it's too much plastic waste so now we have an office like water cooler that we pay about double for??

Our well driller infected our well with iron bacteria so our well water tastes nasty to me.

Bb

Darn, never heard of that, but it makes sense - biologically speaking. He should have practiced safe drilling!
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

Bb

There's a cure for that.

We had the same thing happen to a well in East Texas. Another driller we contacted "bleached" our well for us.
He poured a gallon of Clorox down the well, we ran all the faucets until we could smell chlorine at each one, then shut it down and let it sit overnight. In the morning we ran the faucets until there was no more chlorine smell.
We did this three days in a row. He said that it really only needed a couple of days, but I wanted it gone.
After that third morning, the water was back to tasting fresh and the laundry wasn't getting dingy after one wash.

Ed
Originally Posted by deflave

I’m sure you look cool drinking Fiji water on your Moped.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Liter, half liter...

WTF is wrong with you ladies?

This is 'Murcia.
We ain't usin' that stupid met-rick system from them fur-in-ers.

My water comes in 16 or 20 oz bottles.
And no more Desani.
I'm too white to drink it. (Done gave me the chittz)
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
I've heard of snowflake cafes that sell nothing but imported bottled water. You can pay absurd prices for water from all over the world.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

GFY Canteen Boy

lol

He is pretty funny. I'm sure he is practically out of job now that hollywood is full woke.

Nah. He makes movies all the time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

You still punch like a bitch...

Posted By: Valsdad Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21

Water, all the way from the South Pacific French Islands.

How cool is that? crazy
Posted By: cuznguido Re: Bottled water - 07/27/21
Cannot believe nobody has even mentioned Big Berkey.
Here’s what Chuck Norris drinks:

Posted By: lvmiker Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Water, all the way from the South Pacific French Islands.

How cool is that? crazy

A discriminating man insists on getting served water containing electrolytes in a non-flimsy bottle.

JC says 'flave "punches like a bitch" SNORK!!! street cred be ded iguana slayer!!

LOL

mike r
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
I've done this every 3 months for the past 3 years. Pour chlorine in, frop some spa tabs in, run it til it smells in each facet or tap, let sit for three days, flush. Water is good for a month or so but always goes bad again.

Thinking about setting up direct clorine injection into the well and then have a whole house clorine filter down line. I need to chlorinate it constantly for a few spore cycles. Old timers say it always comes back.

Bb
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Anyone know how many of those plastic bottles are being recycled ? My guess would be 10-15 percent.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
I've done this every 3 months for the past 3 years. Pour chlorine in, frop some spa tabs in, run it til it smells in each facet or tap, let sit for three days, flush. Water is good for a month or so but always goes bad again.

Thinking about setting up direct clorine injection into the well and then have a whole house clorine filter down line. I need to chlorinate it constantly for a few spore cycles. Old timers say it always comes back.

Bb

How long ago was it infected?

The bacteria attach to the sand grains and rocks in the surrounding aquifer, no doubt. The flow is from the aquifer to the well point. There are probably many places where the bacteria can find shelter from the chlorine.
Posted By: Uncle_Alvah Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
I get 5 gallons of Deer Park for the home cooler at Harris Teeter, 6 bucks and change,
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Anyone know how many of those plastic bottles are being recycled ? My guess would be 10-15 percent.

Our recycle places won't take plastic, anymore - no market, no place to get rid of it.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
I drink a lot of water. A chitload of water.

Out tap isn't the greatest and I'm fussy about water so we get 5 gallon jugs delivered to the house.

It's the best tasting water I've found. Local place, $7 for a 5 gallon. I get 25-30 gallons, twice a month during the summer.

Never thought about it until now but it is sort of expensive.

Every night fill my 36oz stainless jugs and stick em in the fridge.

Need to buy another jug. Hate to use the plastic, sometimes a funky taste no to mention all the waste.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21

We burn our garbage
Posted By: reivertom Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Our city water tastes like chlorine so bad, I wouldn't drink any if I didn't buy spring water. I can't even make hot tea with our tap water.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Out tap isn't the greatest and I'm fussy about water so we get 5 gallon jugs delivered to the house.

It's the best tasting water I've found. Local place, $7 for a 5 gallon. I get 25-30 gallons, twice a month during the summer.

Need to buy another jug. Hate to use the plastic, sometimes a funky taste no to mention all the waste.

Don't you guys have regional rural water? Usually that is pretty good stuff, better than well water any ways.

We burn our garbage

You got neighbors?
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Have a place in the UP water is the best water I've ever tasted....get it tested once a year they say" you cannot get any better" to has a 70 gallon per hour flow.....first time I had it tested they thought I gave them distilled water it was so pure...... .bring it back down state what were need when were there......have "city water" there its OK for city folks but not me only use it to take a shower......
Posted By: KFWA Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by reivertom
Our city water tastes like chlorine so bad, I wouldn't drink any if I didn't buy spring water. I can't even make hot tea with our tap water.

since my first house, I have put a whole house water filter on and an osmosis 2 stage filter at the sink.

If you drink that water - which actually can be bad for you if you don't supplement with natural minerals - or drink well water, its very apparent to you how chlorinated your local water is, you can smell it from the tap.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Well at our house, with filtration, softener, and UV light system. Its about the best water I've ever had in a residence.
Posted By: Teal Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
If you're really concerned - send your water off to Ward Labs. They'll do a full analysis. It's the lab all the home brewers I know use.

Beer people who are particular about the beer they make tend to be water nerds. Start with RO and "build" what the style calls for.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21

water is free in Utah this week......and next too

Posted By: rem141r Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by Teal
If you're really concerned - send your water off to Ward Labs. They'll do a full analysis. It's the lab all the home brewers I know use.

Beer people who are particular about the beer they make tend to be water nerds. Start with RO and "build" what the style calls for.

that is exactly what i do. walmart 39 cents a gallon, bring your own jug.
Posted By: Teal Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
300 Pages on the subject.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Before I'd ever seen a bottle of water, I read a Newsweek article on water taste.

The experts picked New York City tap water as the best.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Before I'd ever seen a bottle of water, I read a Newsweek article on water taste.

The experts picked New York City tap water as the best.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson

We go through 5 gallons a day.

Its a little unded a buck a gallon.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Jim,
That drinking or all consumption.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
Now that the subject has sort of turned to wells......what is the best in-home filter if you have a high magnesium content in your water?
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21

Dang!

$32 for 6 - 11.2 oz bottles at Walmart. That's it! My wife is getting a second GD job!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fiji-Nat...6f71c6ab98ff5544d866e82&gclsrc=3p.ds
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21
The US hasn't seen a fraction of the problems that there are in Asia from bottles. Their water's so dirty that everyone drinks bottled water and they end up making the water worse than before. Talk about crapping in your bed...

[Linked Image from i2.wp.com]

[Linked Image from gdb.voanews.com]

Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Bottled water - 07/28/21

Bb

How long ago was it infected?

The bacteria attach to the sand grains and rocks in the surrounding aquifer, no doubt. The flow is from the aquifer to the well point. There are probably many places where the bacteria can find shelter from the chlorine.

It was infected 3 years ago when it was first drilled. Driller left casings laying in the mud, pulled and changed the pump with dirty hands etc and never once sterilized it or bleached it.

Bb
© 24hourcampfire