Home
Oklahoma, Texas to become SEC members in 2025

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklahoma-texas-sec-2025

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
Can’t wait for them to get beat by Bama & TAMU.
In other news, Texas Tech University head football coach declares "Wuhoo! Now we have a chance of coming in 2nd in the conference!!!"
Originally Posted by RyanTX
In other news, Texas Tech University head football coach declares "Wuhoo! Now we have a chance of coming in 2nd in the conference!!!"

LOL.
Longhorns will be middle of the pack SEC football school at best. Oklahoma will as well until it gets a defense.
Why? That's retarded.

How many in the SEC now? 16?
Just great. 2 more loses for Arkansas starting in 2025......
There goes the neighborhood….
They really need to change the name of the conference because geography.
Yawn.
[quote=Elkhunter49]Longhorns will be middle of the pack SEC football school at best. Oklahoma will as well until it gets a defense.

I’m SEC to my bones, I’ve seen OU in person 3 times in the past 5 years. In my opinion for what it’s worth, OU is on par with LSU & Georgia annually, behind Bama and in front of everyone else. Texas Longhorn players have been soft throughout my 60 years of age, Mississippi State is my school and we are far behind UT in raw talent however I’ve never feared playing them, their players just don’t have the “ want to” required to be special on a consistent basis. Jimbo has his talent level slightly above Texas in a short 2-3 years with a mentality well above UT. Don’t know how other than him knowing the requirements needed and his dirt tough will to win. Both will be tremendous addition’s to the SEC overall, it just means State will visit the upper crust of the SEC football ladder on a even less frequent schedule.
They will see first hand that the saying SEC “It just means more” is not just true, its under stated as to how much we care. And we could care less what other people think, it’s our life.
Physically, they’ll learn the meaning of “smash mouth” football. SEC defenses play at a different talent level than Big 12 ball. OU will continue to grade out well, but UT will have to “draft” some real physical talent to compete annually. We’re Aggies here and have had the crap kicked out of us. But w Fisher coaching have been able to recruit some blue chip talent. It’s time to see if they can play or just grade out at high levels.
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Physically, they’ll learn the meaning of “smash mouth” football. SEC defenses play at a different talent level than Big 12 ball. OU will continue to grade out well, but UT will have to “draft” some real physical talent to compete annually. We’re Aggies here and have had the crap kicked out of us. But w Fisher coaching have been able to recruit some blue chip talent. It’s time to see if they can play or just grade out at high levels.

I hope Jumbo isn't married again. If so I'm sure a black Gator will find their way into the wife.
Ridiculous. They should stay in their own region.
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Originally Posted by gkt5450

I hope Jumbo isn't married again. If so I'm sure a black Gator will find their way into the wife.

🤣 been wondering when that’d come up again.
Hadn’t heard about the black gator, dang that is shooting territory for most folks from the country side. I guess gator season was closed.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Can’t wait for them to get beat by Bama & TAMU.

There will be a learning curve for both programs no doubt.

It doesn't take effect until 2025 unless each program is willing to pay the B12 and exit penalty of $80 million.
I get it, this is a business transaction. But is the SEC trying to kill the NCAA? It seems that's where this is headed?
I always hoped Nebraska and Colorado would go back to the Big 12. Cannot see that happening now...
Nebraska should go back. They've been utterly humiliated in the B10.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

Doubt they could beat T-Tech and TCU
Texas shouldn’t be allowed to go, they single handedly ruined the B12. Let them loose every game they play in the SEC.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

Doubt they could beat T-Tech and TCU

Not sure we could beat anyone right now or the foreseeable future.
The move to the SEC will not wait until 2025. There is heavy speculation they will go after this season. Lawyers will negotiate the amount down but even with a full $80MM payout, it will only take 3 years of SEC payouts to make up for that amount.

Both schools don't want to play big 12 schedules with SEC patches on their jerseys and I suspect the remaining schools in the big 12 don't want them there either.

There will be some head hunting this fall. Lots of nasty hits and cheap shots.
Originally Posted by RyanTX

LOL.

Ditto
© 24hourcampfire