Home
Posted By: johnw Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
The medical field recognized widely, over a year ago, that a certain portion of the American populace had increased resistance to the Sars-CoV2 pathogen. Those who served in the U.S. Military from 1956-1996 were less likely to be affected by the virus, and if they were affected the impact was lessened and rarely serious enough to require hospitalization.

It wasn't complete protection, but even many who had multiple types and severe comorbidity survived infection. Long term smokers, diabetics, The morbidly obese, and many of those with severe cardiac complications and histories survived. Even at advanced age the protection seemed to be real.

And what exactly was it that offered this protection? All military members who served during those years received an unattenuated Adenovirus Type 4 and Type 7 vaccine in one form or another. During the late 70s when I served it came in the form of 2 pills.
In 1994 the manufacurer of the vaccine pills closed their doors and the supply was used up by 1996.

Because it was an unattenuated virus vaccine, it wasn't considered safe for the general populace and was only given to military members from ages 17-50, and deemed healthy.

Big Question?

For those who are leery of an mRNA vaccine, What would your concerns be over the Janssen/J&J vaccine?

As I understand it,the Janssen vax is an attenuated ( and thus safe for a larger demographic) adenovirus vaccine with the infection enhancing spike protein, seen in Sars-CoV2, spliced in so that the bodies immune system recognizes the virus that employs said spike protein and enhances immunity to it. There is no mRNA technology used in the vaccine, and it is similar to a vaccine that has been used, in unattenuated form for decades.

I'm onboard with the concept of vaccination, and seeking information on a covid19 vax for myself. I get the hesitation over the mRNA vaccines, and really don't wanna go there.

Given that all vaccines carry some risk, does anyone have a reason to believe the J&J shot is more hazardous than those given for Polio, Small Pox, or MMR?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
John is this from a link that you’ve posted and if so what’s the source?

Thanks
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
Would be nice to know all the crap I took had some benefits. I did have the typhoid shot from hell in 1986 that ended anymore for me. Caught malaria despite being on mefloquine.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
I’ve been pondering the same about the JJ vaccine. There have been reports of blood clots but it’s very rare
Posted By: johnw Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Thanks

The basic adenovirus info is easily googled.

The part about the medical field recognizing it's effect on C19 came from a group of texts, dating from a year ago, between a loose group of 4 buddies and myself who served at the same time. 4 of the 5 (including myself) were questioned about their military service and vaccinations by their current doctors. 3 of the 5 were told that it appeared the adenovirus vaccine offered some protection against C19.

The 3 who were told that the adenovirus vax seemed to offer protection were also told that certain Covid19 vaccine research was using an adenovirus as a basis.

Today, it is a fact that the J&J vax, as well as the vax the chinese military is using are based on a from of adenovirus. Based on this it seems that what these guys were told by their doctors holds water...

Edit; The 5 guys involved are not from one locale. 2 in Florida, 1 in Texas, 1 in Virginia, and myself in Illinois.
Supposedly Rubella vax helps too since I read it has a 29% genetic match
Posted By: johnw Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
FWIW, the one guy in the group who was not questioned, is a military retiree living in Virginia. His Drs are VA Docs and well aware of his health record.

Long term smoker, diabetic, and obese, with cardiac complications. Survived C19 without any severe consequences.And he's the oldest of our group by several years. Currently 73 or 74 y.o. IIRC
So if 60% of the population has t-cell immunity, its hard to determine who has “increased resistance” but its nice to hear something raises us above 60%.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Thanks

The basic adenovirus info is easily googled.

The part about the medical field recognizing it's effect on C19 came from a group of texts, dating from a year ago, between a loose group of 4 buddies and myself who served at the same time. 4 of the 5 (including myself) were questioned about their military service and vaccinations by their current doctors. 3 of the 5 were told that it appeared the adenovirus vaccine offered some protection against C19.

The 3 who were told that the adenovirus vax seemed to offer protection were also told that certain Covid19 vaccine research was using an adenovirus as a basis.

Today, it is a fact that the J&J vax, as well as the vax the chinese military is using are based on a from of adenovirus. Based on this it seems that what these guys were told by their doctors holds water...

Edit; The 5 guys involved are not from one locale. 2 in Florida, 1 in Texas, 1 in Virginia, and myself in Illinois.

John, the reason I asked was that I was looking for parallels having supposedly had the covid by testing positive for almost a month before showing as negative and with zero symptoms for that duration.

I, too, have been vaxed many times from the 60s and throughout my International work career.

I have no known co-morbidities at this time.

What you posted is interesting.
Thanks.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/johnson-johnson-adenovirus-vaccine-explained/vid-20510091
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I was in almost 50 years ago. I haven’t a clue what the gave us or shot us up with. Only one I remember was that damn peanut butter consistancy shot that burned like a hot coal. I remember taking lots of shots and lots of pills. In boot camp we weren’t allowed to talk. Eveywhere else we went we really didn’t give a schidt what they shot us up with.

You mean a shot in the asscheeks ?
Probably “GG”
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
Sounds promising and something of interest. But who needs a vaccine for a flu that less than 1% of the population dies from? Hardly anyone dies from the China flu anymore and yes I think the vaccine helps older people survive.
Its freakishly under the radar kinda interesting

https://wsimag.com/science-and-technology/62873-china-starts-vaccinating-military-personnel
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

You mean a shot in the asscheeks ?
Probably “GG”

Thats what I always thought too! They wouldn’t tell us schidt.
Regular customers warm the vials in their hands first, rub their ass cheeks second, do jumping squats to disperse the crap, then press on
Posted By: Sheister Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
I'm starting to think that even between the old, infirmed, and medically fragile that this Covid 19 is a crap shoot at best....

My mother in law who was 85 at the time had Leukemia for the second time for several years and was on treatment. She also had end stage kidney disease, diabetes, asthma, and several other ailments. In January, she, her daughter, son, grandson and grand daughter all came down with Covid- presumably picked up by the daughter who works in a lab as a phlebotomist giving kidney dialysis. It was a tough go for a couple weeks, but they all survived it. However, my mother in law decided she was tired of being treated for all kinds of ailments for so long she felt like cr@p all the time so she stopped all her treatments and passed away June 15 of Leukemia and complications of kidney disease....

I'm pretty much convinced that with the stats that are readily available that you have to have some sort of inherent genetic or bodily weakness or be old and have life threatening health issues to be at risk with this disease... considering that I believe 98% of the people who have died are over 80 and have underlying conditions I don't think this disease- or the vaccine - are of much risk for most of us....

I also served in the early 70's and can't remember every shot we were subjected to at the time, but I'm pretty sure they had us pretty well covered at the time for anywhere we were likely to go at the time- in our case Southeast Asia... My brother was in Vietnam in 65-66 and had all his vaccinations and pills, but still came down with a severe case of Malaria and almost died from it....

My take on all this is when it is your time it is your time and it doesn't matter much how it happens IMO... I'm ready any time the Good Lord decides he needs me somewhere else...

Bob
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/01/21
For whoever catches covid 19 it is still 99.98% survival. You hardly need a vaccine for that. More people die in car accidents.
Just a thought, and not trying to sway anyone from their beliefs, opinions, etc.

The rates that are published show survival of people untreated. The doctors and hospitals send/have sent people home to fight the infection off on their own. No meds at all.

There are treatments that work.

I can't see taking any experimental "vaccine" for any disease that has actual treatments proven to work, but that's my choice.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Had a 50 year old friend who died today from it and his wife is on 100% O2, three kids 17 year old twins and a 12 year old. She is a school teacher and had the vax, he did not.

Sucks to be part of the small percent that does not survive it.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by worriedman
Had a 50 year old friend who died today from it and his wife is on 100% O2, three kids 17 year old twins and a 12 year old. She is a school teacher and had the vax, he did not.

Damn.
Posted By: MLC Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Sorry to hear about your friend? Do you know what kind of treatment they tried giving him?
Posted By: johnw Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21

Gamma Globulin supposedly boosted your immune system, but it had it's hazards too... It is the reason they want all vets of the era previous to the 1990s checked for Hep C.

Which vaccine did she get? Inquiring minds and all...
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21

Gamma Globulin supposedly boosted your immune system, but it had it's hazards too... It is the reason they want all vets of the era previous to the 1990s checked for Hep C.

And they mainly gave it for Hep, crazy right.

I lived off those things and quinine man
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
I’m on the IPA vaccine.

Haven’t been sick in 3 years and no covid visits.

I’m sure we’ll all be forced into it. But to say the vaccine is saving lives is like saying the flu shot works…..It does for some people.

When the FDA approves it, I’ll think about it, otherwise shove it up your azs.
Yeah, its bad to hear folk dying. We can all agree something is going around, I wish we could all agree about the lies the left is spreading.

I just discovered something on what constitutes a “breakthrough” case and why the numbers are so low.

Fuggin trickery again.

Look at this chit and figure it out

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Their criteria -vs- how averge joe see and talks about it is got them scrambling and off their game. Most folk just see “vaxed” or “jabbed” folk getting sick but thats not the criteria for “breakthrough” so it screws up the reporting.

But, many of these studies now are just saying “vaccinated” and that sinks their battleship

Cliff note:

If you are 14 days or less from last shot and get sick, its “breakthrough”

Otherwise, its DOESN’T WORK !
So if the CDC had it their way.

If 1/2 of the vaxed folk got sick and only 2 met the criteria for “breakthrough” then they would discard the rest of the deck !
Looks like even CNN smells something fishy
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/28/health/breakthrough-cases-cdc-analysis/index.html
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
The medical field recognized widely, over a year ago, that a certain portion of the American populace had increased resistance to the Sars-CoV2 pathogen. Those who served in the U.S. Military from 1956-1996 were less likely to be affected by the virus, and if they were affected the impact was lessened and rarely serious enough to require hospitalization.

It wasn't complete protection, but even many who had multiple types and severe comorbidity survived infection. Long term smokers, diabetics, The morbidly obese, and many of those with severe cardiac complications and histories survived. Even at advanced age the protection seemed to be real.

And what exactly was it that offered this protection? All military members who served during those years received an unattenuated Adenovirus Type 4 and Type 7 vaccine in one form or another. During the late 70s when I served it came in the form of 2 pills.
In 1994 the manufacurer of the vaccine pills closed their doors and the supply was used up by 1996.

Because it was an unattenuated virus vaccine, it wasn't considered safe for the general populace and was only given to military members from ages 17-50, and deemed healthy.

Big Question?

For those who are leery of an mRNA vaccine, What would your concerns be over the Janssen/J&J vaccine?

As I understand it,the Janssen vax is an attenuated ( and thus safe for a larger demographic) adenovirus vaccine with the infection enhancing spike protein, seen in Sars-CoV2, spliced in so that the bodies immune system recognizes the virus that employs said spike protein and enhances immunity to it. There is no mRNA technology used in the vaccine, and it is similar to a vaccine that has been used, in unattenuated form for decades.

I'm onboard with the concept of vaccination, and seeking information on a covid19 vax for myself. I get the hesitation over the mRNA vaccines, and really don't wanna go there.

Given that all vaccines carry some risk, does anyone have a reason to believe the J&J shot is more hazardous than those given for Polio, Small Pox, or MMR?

Y?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Sounds promising and something of interest. But who needs a vaccine for a flu that less than 1% of the population dies from? Hardly anyone dies from the China flu anymore and yes I think the vaccine helps older people survive.

I want a shot that reduces my chanct uf surfifal frum 99.7% ta 95%.
Originally Posted by dimecovers5

Too funny !
Posted By: Huntz Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21

People die every day in car accidents.Is there a vax for them?Or maybe when your time is up you go.
Posted By: K1500 Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html

Cliff note:

Actually it is 100% opposite of what you said. From your link a breakthrough case is defined as a case 14 or more days after your last dose. Not defending or refuting the effectiveness of the vaccine, but misreading the link can cause issues.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

Did he have prior health problems or overweight? I had it, and the only reason it gave me hell was I have asthma. I've known a lot of people that had it, and none even needed to go to the hospital. Sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
For whoever catches covid 19 it is still 99.98% survival. You hardly need a vaccine for that. More people die in car accidents.

Got a son in law who's full time gig is genetic research. Got an occasional fishing buddy who's gig is ER physician. Both of these guys are fairly bright and have questioning minds. Neither one is a virologist, by any stretch of the imagination, but they both speak scientific language, and I think they have a deeper understanding of C19 than I do

Fer instance, neither is a mask nazi. At least not in their private lives.

Both of these guys believe that covid19 is a sneaky bastard that just may be able to come back and hit you again. And again.

As for myself, I think that if it does hit me again, the effect may be cumulative, and get worse each episode. I read something like that somewhere and it seemed to make sense.

I also figure that since i had it once I should have immunity. Both of these guys agree that it's true, but question how long the immunity lasts and how effective it is. Both of these guys are vaxed. Both with the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. One knows full well he had the virus. One has never had symptoms or been tested.
Neither one of these guys is going over the top, with people they know, ranting about the need for a vaccine. Only reason I know what they think is I asked them.

It's my nature to suspect new and untested medicine. I believe the mRNA vaccines are cutting edge science, and likely safe. I think,though, for the foreseeable future, i'd prefer something a bit less cutting edge, like the Janssen Vaccine.

Big Question, once again...

Does anyone here have any reason to believe that such a vaccine is more dangerous than other common vaccines?
Does anyone here have a friend or relative directly involved in putting the micro chips in vaccines?
Originally Posted by K1500

Cliff note:

Actually it is 100% opposite of what you said. From your link a breakthrough case is defined as a case 14 or more days after your last dose. Not defending or refuting the effectiveness of the vaccine, but misreading the link can cause issues.

For the purpose of this surveillance, a vaccine breakthrough infection is defined as the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen in a respiratory specimen collected from a person ≥14 days after they have completed all recommended doses of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

My bad indeed
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Does anyone here have a friend or relative directly involved in putting the micro chips in vaccines?

No one here has any information on micro chips in vaccines! This is just a bunch of people trying to start an argument, or pim p off some obscure theory! That has no evidence or credence!
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Have to be a heckuva micro-microchip to fit through that teeny-tiny needle.

Ain’t science amazing!🙄
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Regular customers warm the vials in their hands first, rub their ass cheeks second, do jumping squats to disperse the crap, then press on

They took us out on tbe grinder and we double timed 3 or 4 laps.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
Im pretty sure it is what I have right this minute. Since like Thursday evening. And I am slowly feeing better. Had a bad deep cough that is gone now. We’ll see how this goes. I’m sure the wife will get it and die. She refuses to do anything I suggest. Why ? Because I suggest it!!

Then again she may get it and kick its ass. Im not going to print how i really feel.
Originally Posted by Heym06

No one here has any information on micro chips in vaccines! This is just a bunch of people trying to start an argument, or pim p off some obscure theory! That has no evidence or credence!

You trying to hide sumpin?
Posted By: BLG Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
So how does the CDC know that the delta variant is the delta variant?

Do they do a specific test for the Delta variant of Covid? (rhetorical)

Clyde
Posted By: Mach3 Re: Maybe The Vax Does Work - 08/02/21
We are all being lied to. Look up articles about PCR testing cycles of Covid if they didn't delete them already.

You will be shocked. Or not surprised at all.
© 24hourcampfire