Home
Looking for some relief. Been a bitch the last few days. Wearing shoes has always been uncomfortable for me. Boots with a lot of support have always been the most comfortable. Was thinking some CBD cream or blue emu.
Worn tennis ball rolled under the arch, repeatedly.
Stretching every day. Used a rolling pin under my foot and rolled it over the painful area while pushing down with my hands on my ankle. It seemed to break it up for me, but was pretty painful doing it.
^^^^^^^^^^ 30338 knows the drill......

Stay off of it as much as possible for a few days.
You can fix it.

For immediate relief kneel down sitting on your heels with toes pointed back and stretch arms foward like a muslim in prayer (there are no documented cases of a muslim with this condition)

Throw away any shoes with support and strengthen your feet, support causes the problem

Stretch three times per day

Pull your toes back and knead something along the bottom of the tendons

Stand on the edge of something like steps with the balls of your feet, feet at 45 degree angle, heels touching, drop the heel down below and then raise up high (calf raises) about 25 times a few times per day.
Long term,

You need to sleep with a “night brace” for about 4 months.

Ladder rungs for years killed mine. I got prescribed the boot thingy.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Long term,

You need to sleep with a “night brace” for about 4 months.

Ladder rungs for years killed mine. I got prescribed the boot thingy.

Short of that, I'd douse in Vegemite.
The brace, support, shots…all a pile of crap

Do what I posted and you are cured.
Rest your feet as much as possible. Time does wonders. Get to a real running shoe store and get fitted by a pro. Even if you don't run, lots of running shoes are great walking shoes. And shoes have come a long way.They fit like a glove and are extremely light now. I have 2 pairs of Brooks( I over pronate) and they are wonderful.
Oh I also put really good insoles in every pair of shoes and never walked barefoot around the house. Had a pair of socks made for wearing at night when sleeping. Those actually seemed to help as well.
Don’t rest, fix the problem.

Its similar to carpel tunnel syndrome but you calf and foot.

No case of carpel tunnel for active weight lifters either
Aint no fun but depends on your level of commitment.

About 10 years no PF

Did this for about 6 months

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Thats bullchit man

You can cure it in less than two weeks

If you actually study the foot, you’d never wear support again
I have spent 40 to 60 hr/week on concrete floors for over forty years. Arches and Plantar Fasciitis became a recurring problem about ten years ago.

Dr told me the answer was stretches and specific exercises.

I skipped the Dr's instructions and bought much better boots with decent arch support a couple years ago. No problems since.
Slummy’s right. Dorsiflexion of the foot while you’re sleeping is tremendously helpful for plantar fasciitis.
Bullcrap
Single best cure I’ve witnessed from a guy who was in hell over it, really debilitated, - long walks, barefoot, on beach sand daily. Done. Cured.
God gave you that arch, and hard surface with bare feet make harder feet
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Thats bullchit man

You can cure it in less than two weeks

... using this.

[Linked Image from theaustralianfoodshop.com]

Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
I best cure I’ve witnessed to a guy who was in hell over it, really debilitated, - long walks, barefoot, on beach sand daily. Done. Cured.

Bet your ass
Fuggin feet doctors can’t cure it, but its easy
Everyone’s is different

See of doctor and professional eval

Mine were from standing on ladder rungs several hours a day. Or going up and down with 80lb bundle of GAF Elks

I wasn’t some sit on my ass shop rocket with stubby boo-boo toe. Or sore ankle from wing tips.
Two reason for arch support, when you parachute or way overweight
Cowboy boots, stretch, stretch and stretch some more.

Night splint and inserts help a lot.
Originally Posted by viking
Cowboy boots, stretch, stretch and stretch some more.

Night splint and inserts help a lot.

Okay.

So, fix the foot and f u c k up the lumbar?
Goodluck fella.
one cortisone shot per heal 15 years ago fixed it. Plus arch supports when I run.
Slumlord - what’s a beach? Is that like where deflave lives? Or more like a hog-wallow in the shcitt next to mah crick?

About 10 years no PF

This... And in my case it cleared up in a few days by leaving on all night every night.
Originally Posted by blairvt
one cortisone shot per heal 15 years ago fixed it. Plus arch supports when I run.

Cortisone shots and custom arch supports worked for me too.

Now I can waddle from the couch to the fridge painlessly.
A high arch support in shoe.
Activity seems to make mine better. But movement. Not just standing all day. That makes it worse.
Suffered with that crap for 6 months. Did the frozen water bottle, stretching, even laser treatment. Went to a massage therapist who dug in there and stretched it all out. 3 sessions and it was 90% better. You will not inflict upon yourself the amount of pain needed to break up the adhesions in your foot.
Mine finally went away when I quit wearing jungle boots! I have a narrow foot, high arch. When I started skiing for a living I had some orthotics made! What a sweet feeling that was! Take care of those feet!
I’ve had 2 different bouts with it for the past several years.

Biggest help was getting 2 pairs of Brook’s torsion control shoes and I have a Powerstep Pro Tech insole in each.

I’ve had steroid injections, 2 different boots to wear over night, and doing stretching exercises.

My foot Dr said it’s because the tendon is inflamed - well stretching just seems to annoy it more imo.

So I quick stretching about 5-6 months ago and it’s gotten to 95% all on it’s own. Good luck.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerstep-Pr...p;hvtargid=pla-4584001427602716&th=1
I have had it. Went to a Dr. He gave me some sretches and exercises to do and said "Either do these till it gets well or come back and I will do some nasty painful things to your feet." i chose the first.
If you’re seeking immediate relief these work very well:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Black-Mo...e-Massage-Ball-with-Spikes-Red/761856292

You have to put your full weight on it. It will hurt.

Long term you need to stretch as previously described and strengthen your feet. Stop wearing boots all the time. They create weak lower legs, ankles, and feet.

Put arch supports in all your shoes. Starting today. They don’t have to cost $600. Just buy the appropriate one for your feet. They’re usually $40-60 and will last a good while.
Roll your foot over a frozen bottle of water. Get some blue Birkenstock arch supports insoles for your boots. Use a towel and stretch the top of your foot back before you get out of bed. Put the towel over the ball of your foot and pull back for several minutes. Then get your foot in those boots with the insole as quick as you can. Try to do the frozen water bottle a couple times everyday. Worked for me. Good luck
buy good boots.
If it's really plantar fasciitis, and anything more than minor, you'll never get rid of until you heal the tearing of the muscle you do every morning when you stand up. I used A Strassburg Sock (http://store.thesock.com/TSSOS/Shop/THESOCK.html) as a more comfortable alternative to the full boot.

After a week or so of that then start in with the frozen water bottles and stretching and I suspect you'll fix it for good in 3 weeks or so. To maintain I use orthotics in all my shoes and boots as I have virtually no arch.

Went with this method and haven't had problems in some years after a decade of not understanding the root cause and things you have to do together to get rid of it and keep it gone.
I had it bad for about a year and a half. Took a friend’s advice and bought a pair of Birkenstock hippy sandals. Like fücking magic.

P
I had it, it hurt. The kids bought me some goofy looking electric foot massager contraption that looked like it had a dozed or so golfballs in it that rotated around. after about a week of messing with that it just up and went away.

I'll probably keep the kids in the will.
I suffered for two years and got so I could hardly walk. First thing I did was to buy a pair of good shoes and added extra arch support to at least get me going. Got out of cheap boots and those $20 walking shoes.

Two exercises
Calf lifts. Stand straight and raise up on your toes as far as you can , steadying yourself along a counter top or? About 30 reps twice a day.

With both hands bracing on a counter top, Stretch one leg back to about 45 degrees with feet flat. Push in with your calf muscle to bend your knee until you feel your calf muscle stretch. Repeat with other leg. 3 sets of 30 at least once a day.
Rolling on a ball did not help me any.

It is not so much that a good shoe with good arch support is supporting the arch,but it is also stretching it at the same time, which is why walking barefoot on the sand works also. Your toes dig in,stretching those muscles.

Also,I used the padded supports that Walmart and others sell for Plantar Facisitus just to get some padding for my heels to ease the pain until I had all my muscles strengthened.It will not heel itself just by walking around barefoot.
In one post or the other, the doctor dreaded public knowledge of the cure is in this thread
White boots cured my partner now he wears them every where. summer or winter you will see him wearing the logger boots looks good in shorts lol.
Originally Posted by Fastback65
White boots cured my partner now he wears them every where. summer or winter you will see him wearing the logger boots looks good in shorts lol.

Are you a woman or a f a g?

About 10 years no PF

I can say one thing for sure about the boot.

Its hell on bed sheets.

Didn't do chit for my foot.

Stretching and rolling a cold soup can morning and night got rid of it. And good shoes without that mountain arch. (I have very flat feet, born that way)
I had plantar fasciitis that felt like I was walking barefoot on sharp rocks, even when lying down.
Some years ago The Peoples Pharmacy (newspaper column) recommended taking six dried, tart cherries daily for arthritis.
They did not help with arthritis but the fasciitis went away. If I forget the cherries for a couple of days it returns.
Turns out that the cherries have an anti-inflammatory component. Tart cherry juice also works.
Tart Montmorency Cherries are seasonally available at Costco for a reasonable price.

Hope this helps,
Walt
Crocs cured mine, fast.
I completely ruptured the one in my right foot playing pickup basketball one night about 11 years ago. One fix is a surgery to cut through the whole stratum of your heel and reattach it. Another was to just let it grow back naturally while wearing "the boot". I opted for fix #2.

What I've found that works since, and I do now.

1. Stretch every morning in the shower 5-6 minutes.
2. PureStride inserts for your shoes.
3. Hoka One One Bondi 6 (or 7) sneakers.
4. Do not wear high arch support shoes or inserts.
I had it 40 years ago. The dotor gave me some plastic heel cups for inside the shoes. Cured it.

I got it again about 10 years ago. the doctor gave me some commerial arch supports for which I paid him $65.00. Later found the same brand at Amazon for $25.00 for each pair of shoes. Cured it again. None since.

Only 2 months ago...had it...was miserable

Tried shoe supports...finally went to a DR

Got an injection in my heel...whooo... cry

Seems much better now.....good shoes/boots....stretching exercises all helps too
Had it in my right heel about 15 years ago, endured it for a year and a half or so, did most if not all of the conventional treatments/therapies mentioned in the above posts. Then my podiatrist recommended I try orthotripsy (Ossatron). Took a little bit of arm twisting for the insurance company to cover it but they finally did and I had the treatment. It worked fabulously and I haven't had a problem with that heel since.

Here's a link: https://www.premiershockwave.com/Ossatron-for-Heel-Pain

Then about 3-4 years after that I started having PF in my left heel (guess I was genetically predisposed to have this heel problem!) Went back to the doc and he had me try the various conventional therapies again. Again, they didn't work over a nearly year-long period. Was considering getting the orthotripsy treatment again. Went on vacation and was playing tennis with one of my nephews. During play, I planted my left foot hard and pushed off to change direction. Lo and behold I heard a "pop" and I went down hard. Went to the ER. Turns out the ligament ruptured, tore away from the bone. It wasn't really all that painful and turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it "cured" my PF because scar tissue ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. Haven't had a bit of discomfort in it since....
Get some Superfeet insoles, the green ones for PF.

Short term look up the "tape trick". It's a way to tape your foot to provide just a bit of support so that tendon doesn't get worked quite so hard. I got through an elk hunt doing that every morning.
Don’t waste $$ on insoles, socks or any of that other crap. I did-big waste of money at a “foot doctor”. Finally went to a guy that actually knew something. Fixed in less than 3 weeks, no issues since. Firstly, lose the heels on your boots - get good shoes with flats like some if the Redwings have. Second, find some stairs, place your toes on the edge and let your heel hang down off the back to stretch that muscle. About 2-3 minutes and few times per day. You should see improvement within a week.
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Don’t waste $$ on insoles, socks or any of that other crap. I did-big waste of money at a “foot doctor”. Finally went to a guy that actually knew something. Fixed in less than 3 weeks, no issues since. Firstly, lose the heels on your boots - get good shoes with flats like some if the Redwings have. Second, find some stairs, place your toes on the edge and let your heel hang down off the back to stretch that muscle. About 2-3 minutes and few times per day. You should see improvement within a week.

this is pretty much what worked for me. Stretching is key for preventing most injuries along w/ gradually strengthening and working on mobility using the entire body concept. Switching to zero drop running shoes for most of my hiking has been a huge improvement for me. My feet still get tired after a long hike but are never sore or bruised. Altra Lone Peak shoes have been an amazing improvement for me.

mike r
Originally Posted by Crusader
Had it in my right heel about 15 years ago, endured it for a year and a half or so, did most if not all of the conventional treatments/therapies mentioned in the above posts. Then my podiatrist recommended I try orthotripsy (Ossatron). Took a little bit of arm twisting for the insurance company to cover it but they finally did and I had the treatment. It worked fabulously and I haven't had a problem with that heel since.

Here's a link: https://www.premiershockwave.com/Ossatron-for-Heel-Pain

Then about 3-4 years after that I started having PF in my left heel (guess I was genetically predisposed to have this heel problem!) Went back to the doc and he had me try the various conventional therapies again. Again, they didn't work over a nearly year-long period. Was considering getting the orthotripsy treatment again. Went on vacation and was playing tennis with one of my nephews. During play, I planted my left foot hard and pushed off to change direction. Lo and behold I heard a "pop" and I went down hard. Went to the ER. Turns out the ligament ruptured, tore away from the bone. It wasn't really all that painful and turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it "cured" my PF because scar tissue ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. Haven't had a bit of discomfort in it since....

I'm interested in the anatomy of your injury and correction..
I've seen injuries that severely limited range of motion that were corrected by tearing of the scar tissue..

I'm just wondering if you can explain it one more time with a.little more detail. You said that the scar tissue "ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. ".
Had it bad about 15 years ago and tried all the usual suggestions and 3 different Dr's before I found a cure. I was not overweight but did work on concrete all day. Wrapping, night splints, and injections did not work for any length of time for me.

The 3rd Doc sent me to PT and they gave me stretches, strengthening, and massage. Set me up with custom orthotics and good shoes. That fixed me. Since then, I stretch and massage my feet with a Rubz ball most every morning before moving around much. Still wear custom orthotics and still work on my foot and ankle strength. No problems in many years and I'm walking and on my feet all day. If I do feel the slightest bit of soreness coming back, I pounce on it and work the inflammation out. No way I want to let PF come back.
My PF, and I guess most people's, gave me the most pain when I'd get out of bed in the morning, taking those first, incredibly painful steps. My podiatrist said my ligament was overly tight and during the night when sleeping it would tighten up and those first steps would cause stretching of it and result in micro tears. The process would keep repeating itself basically, daily. The rupture/tearing away of the ligament from the heel bone during my tennis injury loosened it and in effect, lengthened it. Scar tissue I guess grew in and sort of filled in that small gap created when the ligament tore.

As far as my other foot, the podiatrist said that the repeated micro tears in the ligament were a chronic condition that just wouldn't heal. That orthotripsy procedure caused a more traumatic injury if you will, to the tissue, and the body responded and self-healed. At least that's what the doc said. All I know is that it worked.
I've had it before and stretch to keep it at bay.

Was pissed at the doctors because it always takes a few weeks to get an appointment with a PT person. When I did, as gwrench mentioned, out came the tape. Immediate relief. Why the f..k couldn't the doctor do that in their office and save me the pain for a few weeks. As you can see in the video, it takes 5 minutes when they explain it in a video, less when they just do it. F'n doctors. mad

Watch a couple of videos and get some PT tape, I was recommended and used Leukotape-P, that KT taped probably works too.

Taping is a temporary fix, as it was explained to me it basically supports your foot so the tendon doesn't have to, giving it some time to heal.

Another help is a heel pad in your shoes. Again, to help until the PF is 'cured'.

And this is easier on your sheets than that boot thing, but same idea. And it does help to straighten out the foot pain along with the taping and heel pads.

https://thesock.com/

That Loco dude I agree with, and LV Mike sorta too. Zero drop shoes or barefoot works........as Nature intended. And the stretching. Long walks barefoot on a beach would be great.

Go like this as much as possible. Don't say "I can't even walk around the house that way". Man up and start getting used to it. Then get sandals or zero drop shoes for most daily running around. Work doesn't count, I still have and wear boots when appropriate, even for hunting in certain terrain. But some hunting I do in moccasins with a hide sole. And have hunted barefoot before in certain locations, carrying sandals on the pack in case needed.

Once you've got the pain level down or gone, keep up with the stretches and barefoot/low shoes and you'll find it rarely bothers you anymore.
I found a cure. I had plantar fasciitis and ankle sinovitis at the same time on my right foot. It caused me to miss 10 weeks of work because I failed to do anything about it early. Ankle sinovitis is very much like plantar fasciitis only it's your ankel that is in pain when you walk. I did the following:

1. Get a 5 gallon bucket
2. Put at least 2 gallons of cold water in it.
3. Freeze at least 2 20 oz. pop bottles of water.
4. Put your foot in the water and add the 2 frozen bottles of water
5. Keep your foot in the water for as long as you can. A minimum of 20 minutes and better yet 30 minutes.
6. Bring your foot out and let it slowly warm up before you walk on it. Slowly let it warm up before you walk on it.
7. Take an anti inflammatory before you go to bed.

Do this twice a day for at least a month. The second time of the day just before bed time. After you bring your foot out after the 2nd cold soaking let it warm up and take a warm shower and let the foot get warm all the way through. Go to bed and let it rest on the bed where there is no pressure from the blankets pushing down on it. It took me 8 weeks to get my foot and ankle back to normal.

If you catch this early you might get it back to normal in just a week or 2. I tried everything everyone mentioned above and I think that is what caused the ankle sinovitis.

Your foot will start feeling better in a few days. But, keep in mind if you over do it, you will be back to square one.

kwg
Crusader,

I appreciate the explanation. I think I understand what was happening now.
I listen to health care professionals almost daily and learn a lot from those men and women. Sometimes I learn the most from those who have recovered from injuries. There's much to be gained from their experiences that is not always found in classrooms and texts.

Thank you
my podiatrist made me some custom orthothics and gave me one of them spikey plastic balls to roll under my feet when i am sitting down. took a while but it cured it and kept me able to run for a few more years. now my knee is shot.
Thanks for the advice. Its gotta be going from wearing boots 6 days a week to wearing shoes the last 3 weeks. Put my kentreks back on this morning. Helps a little
Originally Posted by forester1
Thanks for the advice. Its gotta be going from wearing boots 6 days a week to wearing shoes the last 3 weeks. Put my kentreks back on this morning. Helps a little

Good luck with it.

And say hi to all the University girls for me. wink

That was one thing I missed about Pullman/Moscow when I would go up to meet friends and do a little shopping.
I’ll say something else

Get new boots or shoes more often. Even if you try to buy new inserts, sometimes they just arent quite right.

So yeah, if you foot probs, don’t try to be one of those middle nowhere hardasses that brags about not trimming his beard for 25 years and had also worn the same pair of boots just as long.

You don’t get any fuggin hermit tough guy medal for that.

I was wearing Merrills for a couple of years each.

I started buying two pairs of Keens per year. Those Keens also have a wider toe box too, sometimes that is a nice thing too instead of the end of your foot all jammed up in other types of footwear
I’ll say something else

Get new boots or shoes more often. Even if you try to buy new inserts, sometimes they just arent quite right.

So yeah, if you foot probs, don’t try to be one of those middle nowhere hardasses that brags about not trimming his beard for 25 years and had also worn the same pair of boots just as long.

You don’t get any fuggin hermit tough guy medal for that.

I was wearing Merrills for a couple of years each.

I started buying two pairs of Keens per year. Those Keens also have a wider toe box too, sometimes that is a nice thing too instead of the end of your foot all jammed up in other types of footwear

Barefoot and moccasins more often. Strengthen them feetses.

And I trim my beard every few months, at least twice a year............whether it needs it or not.
That sounds real peachy with all the 2” angular gravel surrounding all my farm buildings, driveway, and such.
That sounds real peachy with all the 2” angular gravel surrounding all my farm buildings, driveway, and such.

I covered the 3/4 minus with 3/8 minus just so I could walk out to the shop without shoes should I choose too.

2" angular crushed is for loggin' roads dude.

I have some Georgia Boot romeos I slip on if I know I'm going to be doing something like running the weed whacker, or carrying heavy crap that might hurt some if it hit my feet. But them suckers slip right off as soon as I get back in the house if I'm staying for more than a few minutes.

Most of the time I just slip on my sandals, with the back strap crushed down. Those come off all the time, driving in the car, sometimes even walking at the duck refuge.

I hate shoes when they ain't necessary.
Surge rock on the logging roads. Here. 4-6”

We have this thing called mud. It eats gravel. The 2”, I have had to put that on the driveway about 4 times in the last 25 years. There’s probably 6” worth below grade now. Gone, mushed in.

It lays down eventually, no so pointy as it might sound.
Yeah, we're a little drier here. Might have been +/- 2" deep of that 3/4 stuff when we moved in. Then what little rain and snowmelt there is sucked some of it into the mud.

But, here's the kicker. When that crap freezes and thaws multiple times in a spring, it tends to bring rock back up towards the surface when it dries out.

There's half the dog yard with just native soil and a few clumps of grass. Lately I've been picking the rocks/gravel up off the surface and piling them up to pick up later.

My 3/8 minus is getting absorbed some by the 3/4 though, sifting into the spaces between where it can fit. Probably have to get another truckload next summer.
I picked it up approx 7 years ago. Not sure if it contributed to the development of it but I had just moved into a new house with about 100% tile floors. Those tile floors dang sure we're painful to walk on. My only treatment was putting a towel under my foot and pulling back to stretch. I kept the towel next to my bed and stretched prior to getting up. That helped right away. It went away completely after about a month. Never had it again.
Lots of good info above. Let me add, tight calves and tight hamstrings are also a contributing factor. Stretch them really good and it’ll help significantly. You can also self massage the calves by laying on a hard floor with a golf ball under the calf. Roll it around using your calf. It will hurt but it made a a big difference for me.
If nothing else is working, A change in diet will help. Rid yourself of inflammatory foods and the pain will stop. I’m young (as compared to the average age here) but have a decent amount of arthritis. I quit all processed carbs and I’m amazed at the difference in how I feel including my PF not flaring up. I’ve dealt with it for 12 years or so. Good luck
I'll add this for the truck drivers or folks that stay behind the wheel. The angle that a lot of seats force your feet into don't help at all. My doc told me to get rid of the heeled boots and get out of the truck at least every hour or so. He said cubical folks get the same advice.
Mine started 15 years ago, over the years I had just picked up shoes\sneakers that were on sale which did not give my arches the support they needed.

I was setup for the big boot to wear at night and other exercises but nothing helped until I was set me up with custom orthotics and good shoes which corrected the issue.
Tagged for later
© 24hourcampfire