Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had it bad for about a year and a half. Took a friend’s advice and bought a pair of Birkenstock hippy sandals. Like fücking magic.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had it, it hurt. The kids bought me some goofy looking electric foot massager contraption that looked like it had a dozed or so golfballs in it that rotated around. after about a week of messing with that it just up and went away.

I'll probably keep the kids in the will.

Black Cows Matter!
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I suffered for two years and got so I could hardly walk. First thing I did was to buy a pair of good shoes and added extra arch support to at least get me going. Got out of cheap boots and those $20 walking shoes.

Two exercises
Calf lifts. Stand straight and raise up on your toes as far as you can , steadying yourself along a counter top or? About 30 reps twice a day.

With both hands bracing on a counter top, Stretch one leg back to about 45 degrees with feet flat. Push in with your calf muscle to bend your knee until you feel your calf muscle stretch. Repeat with other leg. 3 sets of 30 at least once a day.
Rolling on a ball did not help me any.

It is not so much that a good shoe with good arch support is supporting the arch,but it is also stretching it at the same time, which is why walking barefoot on the sand works also. Your toes dig in,stretching those muscles.

Also,I used the padded supports that Walmart and others sell for Plantar Facisitus just to get some padding for my heels to ease the pain until I had all my muscles strengthened.It will not heel itself just by walking around barefoot.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In one post or the other, the doctor dreaded public knowledge of the cure is in this thread

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
White boots cured my partner now he wears them every where. summer or winter you will see him wearing the logger boots looks good in shorts lol.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fastback65
White boots cured my partner now he wears them every where. summer or winter you will see him wearing the logger boots looks good in shorts lol.

Are you a woman or a f a g?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Aint no fun but depends on your level of commitment.

About 10 years no PF

Did this for about 6 months

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I can say one thing for sure about the boot.

Its hell on bed sheets.

Didn't do chit for my foot.

Stretching and rolling a cold soup can morning and night got rid of it. And good shoes without that mountain arch. (I have very flat feet, born that way)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had plantar fasciitis that felt like I was walking barefoot on sharp rocks, even when lying down.
Some years ago The Peoples Pharmacy (newspaper column) recommended taking six dried, tart cherries daily for arthritis.
They did not help with arthritis but the fasciitis went away. If I forget the cherries for a couple of days it returns.
Turns out that the cherries have an anti-inflammatory component. Tart cherry juice also works.
Tart Montmorency Cherries are seasonally available at Costco for a reasonable price.

Hope this helps,
Walt

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Crocs cured mine, fast.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I completely ruptured the one in my right foot playing pickup basketball one night about 11 years ago. One fix is a surgery to cut through the whole stratum of your heel and reattach it. Another was to just let it grow back naturally while wearing "the boot". I opted for fix #2.

What I've found that works since, and I do now.

1. Stretch every morning in the shower 5-6 minutes.
2. PureStride inserts for your shoes.
3. Hoka One One Bondi 6 (or 7) sneakers.
4. Do not wear high arch support shoes or inserts.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I had it 40 years ago. The dotor gave me some plastic heel cups for inside the shoes. Cured it.

I got it again about 10 years ago. the doctor gave me some commerial arch supports for which I paid him $65.00. Later found the same brand at Amazon for $25.00 for each pair of shoes. Cured it again. None since.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Only 2 months ago...had it...was miserable

Tried shoe supports...finally went to a DR

Got an injection in my heel...whooo... cry

Seems much better now.....good shoes/boots....stretching exercises all helps too

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Had it in my right heel about 15 years ago, endured it for a year and a half or so, did most if not all of the conventional treatments/therapies mentioned in the above posts. Then my podiatrist recommended I try orthotripsy (Ossatron). Took a little bit of arm twisting for the insurance company to cover it but they finally did and I had the treatment. It worked fabulously and I haven't had a problem with that heel since.

Here's a link: https://www.premiershockwave.com/Ossatron-for-Heel-Pain

Then about 3-4 years after that I started having PF in my left heel (guess I was genetically predisposed to have this heel problem!) Went back to the doc and he had me try the various conventional therapies again. Again, they didn't work over a nearly year-long period. Was considering getting the orthotripsy treatment again. Went on vacation and was playing tennis with one of my nephews. During play, I planted my left foot hard and pushed off to change direction. Lo and behold I heard a "pop" and I went down hard. Went to the ER. Turns out the ligament ruptured, tore away from the bone. It wasn't really all that painful and turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it "cured" my PF because scar tissue ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. Haven't had a bit of discomfort in it since....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Get some Superfeet insoles, the green ones for PF.

Short term look up the "tape trick". It's a way to tape your foot to provide just a bit of support so that tendon doesn't get worked quite so hard. I got through an elk hunt doing that every morning.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don’t waste $$ on insoles, socks or any of that other crap. I did-big waste of money at a “foot doctor”. Finally went to a guy that actually knew something. Fixed in less than 3 weeks, no issues since. Firstly, lose the heels on your boots - get good shoes with flats like some if the Redwings have. Second, find some stairs, place your toes on the edge and let your heel hang down off the back to stretch that muscle. About 2-3 minutes and few times per day. You should see improvement within a week.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Don’t waste $$ on insoles, socks or any of that other crap. I did-big waste of money at a “foot doctor”. Finally went to a guy that actually knew something. Fixed in less than 3 weeks, no issues since. Firstly, lose the heels on your boots - get good shoes with flats like some if the Redwings have. Second, find some stairs, place your toes on the edge and let your heel hang down off the back to stretch that muscle. About 2-3 minutes and few times per day. You should see improvement within a week.

this is pretty much what worked for me. Stretching is key for preventing most injuries along w/ gradually strengthening and working on mobility using the entire body concept. Switching to zero drop running shoes for most of my hiking has been a huge improvement for me. My feet still get tired after a long hike but are never sore or bruised. Altra Lone Peak shoes have been an amazing improvement for me.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crusader
Had it in my right heel about 15 years ago, endured it for a year and a half or so, did most if not all of the conventional treatments/therapies mentioned in the above posts. Then my podiatrist recommended I try orthotripsy (Ossatron). Took a little bit of arm twisting for the insurance company to cover it but they finally did and I had the treatment. It worked fabulously and I haven't had a problem with that heel since.

Here's a link: https://www.premiershockwave.com/Ossatron-for-Heel-Pain

Then about 3-4 years after that I started having PF in my left heel (guess I was genetically predisposed to have this heel problem!) Went back to the doc and he had me try the various conventional therapies again. Again, they didn't work over a nearly year-long period. Was considering getting the orthotripsy treatment again. Went on vacation and was playing tennis with one of my nephews. During play, I planted my left foot hard and pushed off to change direction. Lo and behold I heard a "pop" and I went down hard. Went to the ER. Turns out the ligament ruptured, tore away from the bone. It wasn't really all that painful and turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it "cured" my PF because scar tissue ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. Haven't had a bit of discomfort in it since....

I'm interested in the anatomy of your injury and correction..
I've seen injuries that severely limited range of motion that were corrected by tearing of the scar tissue..

I'm just wondering if you can explain it one more time with a.little more detail. You said that the scar tissue "ended up bridging the gap to the bone and in effect, lengthened the ligament and eliminated the micro-tearing of the formerly taut ligament. ".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had it bad about 15 years ago and tried all the usual suggestions and 3 different Dr's before I found a cure. I was not overweight but did work on concrete all day. Wrapping, night splints, and injections did not work for any length of time for me.

The 3rd Doc sent me to PT and they gave me stretches, strengthening, and massage. Set me up with custom orthotics and good shoes. That fixed me. Since then, I stretch and massage my feet with a Rubz ball most every morning before moving around much. Still wear custom orthotics and still work on my foot and ankle strength. No problems in many years and I'm walking and on my feet all day. If I do feel the slightest bit of soreness coming back, I pounce on it and work the inflammation out. No way I want to let PF come back.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My PF, and I guess most people's, gave me the most pain when I'd get out of bed in the morning, taking those first, incredibly painful steps. My podiatrist said my ligament was overly tight and during the night when sleeping it would tighten up and those first steps would cause stretching of it and result in micro tears. The process would keep repeating itself basically, daily. The rupture/tearing away of the ligament from the heel bone during my tennis injury loosened it and in effect, lengthened it. Scar tissue I guess grew in and sort of filled in that small gap created when the ligament tore.

As far as my other foot, the podiatrist said that the repeated micro tears in the ligament were a chronic condition that just wouldn't heal. That orthotripsy procedure caused a more traumatic injury if you will, to the tissue, and the body responded and self-healed. At least that's what the doc said. All I know is that it worked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've had it before and stretch to keep it at bay.

Was pissed at the doctors because it always takes a few weeks to get an appointment with a PT person. When I did, as gwrench mentioned, out came the tape. Immediate relief. Why the f..k couldn't the doctor do that in their office and save me the pain for a few weeks. As you can see in the video, it takes 5 minutes when they explain it in a video, less when they just do it. F'n doctors. mad

Watch a couple of videos and get some PT tape, I was recommended and used Leukotape-P, that KT taped probably works too.

Taping is a temporary fix, as it was explained to me it basically supports your foot so the tendon doesn't have to, giving it some time to heal.

Another help is a heel pad in your shoes. Again, to help until the PF is 'cured'.

And this is easier on your sheets than that boot thing, but same idea. And it does help to straighten out the foot pain along with the taping and heel pads.

https://thesock.com/

That Loco dude I agree with, and LV Mike sorta too. Zero drop shoes or barefoot works........as Nature intended. And the stretching. Long walks barefoot on a beach would be great.

Go like this as much as possible. Don't say "I can't even walk around the house that way". Man up and start getting used to it. Then get sandals or zero drop shoes for most daily running around. Work doesn't count, I still have and wear boots when appropriate, even for hunting in certain terrain. But some hunting I do in moccasins with a hide sole. And have hunted barefoot before in certain locations, carrying sandals on the pack in case needed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Once you've got the pain level down or gone, keep up with the stretches and barefoot/low shoes and you'll find it rarely bothers you anymore.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,188
Posts18,503,372
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.