Home

Could it be true????

Quien Sabe,

GWB

The U.S. Government Lied For Two Decades About Afghanistan

Using the same deceitful tactics they pioneered in Vietnam, U.S. political and military officials repeatedly misled the country about the prospects for success in Afghanistan.

Glenn Greenwald

“The Taliban regime is coming to an end,” announced President George W. Bush at the National Museum of Women in the Arts on December 12, 2001 — almost twenty years ago today. Five months later, Bush vowed: “In the United States of America, the terrorists have chosen a foe unlike they have faced before. . . . We will stay until the mission is done.” Four years after that, in August of 2006, Bush announced: “Al Qaeda and the Taliban lost a coveted base in Afghanistan and they know they will never reclaim it when democracy succeeds. . . . The days of the Taliban are over. The future of Afghanistan belongs to the people of Afghanistan.”

For two decades, the message Americans heard from their political and military leaders about the country’s longest war was the same. America is winning. The Taliban is on the verge of permanent obliteration

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-us-government-lied-for-two-decades
W is one of the biggest liars in American history!!! That piece of excrement has a special place in hell reserved for him.
Originally Posted by Springcove
W is one of the biggest liars in American history!!! That piece of excrement has a special place in hell reserved for him.

He needs kicked in the chunt. Hard.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

He needs kicked in the chunt. Hard.

Wait,

he's on "our" side, no?

Sheesh.
The military complex needs wars and conflicts to keep the cash flowing. They buy politicians, they buy generals, and they buy support from academic Think Tanks who write the reasons and architecture for making war.

As Rene50 would say....Follow the money 💰

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The military complex needs wars and conflicts to keep the cash flowing. They buy politicians, they buy generals, and they buy support from academic Think Tanks who write the reasons and architecture for making war.

🦫

Agreed. The SOBs made a fortune on all of it.
We need to get back to the constitution where only congress can declare war. Outlaw these 'police actions' like Nam, Afghanistan, Korea, and any other undeclared war. Then, when it is declared, we go give it all we've got to win it and come home. In these illegal wars, nearly 85k American troops have died needlessly.
Tucker tonight: the top military brass are incompetent liars.

🦫

I'm not saying everything in this book is true (which one is?), but if you ever run across it, it's worth the read:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Wait a minute..... you're saying the gooberment lies to us??? NO WAY! They would NEVER lie to us! This is Uhmurka!
No. Really??
You sound surprised.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

I'm not saying everything in this book is true (which one is?), but if you ever run across it, it's worth the read:

Ordered it...Thx, G

🦫
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

Thanks Geno. I will look for that.
There’s plenty enough scchitt going down in the world to test out our newest and best war creations and to use up the old without putting American lives at risk for nothing.

At least in Korea we got a line drawn across the country for all to see the stark differences between the north and south of it.
Proud conservatives citing Glen Greenwald. 😂😂😂😂
Originally Posted by chesterwy

Glenn is one of the few decent journalists left. I've followed him since the Snowden thing. He's more of a classic Liberal than one of today's leftist Marxists.

Bb
The Russians couldn't whip the towel heads what made us think we could.....not sure Adolf Hitler could beat them.

How do you kill a nest of fire ants ?
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Glenn is one of the few decent journalists left. I've followed him since the Snowden thing. He's more of a classic Liberal than one of today's leftist Marxists.

Bb

Exactly.

Anyone who will hold the govt to account is an ally as far as I’m concerned.
Only two decades?? HAH!
It is good to see someone quoting George Bush as he rattles on, 18 years ago, about "building a new democracy in Afghanistan." He is so stupid, he actually thought he could do this.

It is good to see this because Bush is largely getting a pass in these past few days, I see Biden getting criticized, even on CNN and MSNBC, and of course they criticize Trump. Obama is mentioned occasionally. But nobody, from Hannity to Mark Levin to Tucker Carlson, mentions the name George Bush or his puppet master Dick Cheney. Those two are primarily to blame for the disaster in Afghanistan.
Twenty years is nothing - they're getting close to sixty on the Kennedy assassination.
Originally Posted by LFC
The Russians couldn't whip the towel heads what made us think we could.....not sure Adolf Hitler could beat them.
Adolph Hitler could not and did not beat the Russians. They are brutal. I can't imagine we thought we could subdue Afghanistan when the the Russians failed despite their ROE that allowed anything but poison gas.
Originally Posted by LFC

One thing for damn sure…we can’t using the tactics and rules of engagement we set for ourselves in that war.

It was reminiscent of the calvary initially engaging the Comanche. The Comanche/Taliban don’t have rules. They kill their enemy any way possible any time possible.

Our mission needed to be the same…kill the enemy.

Hell we put them in GITMO and left them (at huge expense) until we forgot why we were mad at them…then said oh heck…just go on home. Now, we see them as commanders in Afghanistan. Damn…we have seen the enemy…and it is us!
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
........ But nobody, from Hannity to Mark Levin to Tucker Carlson, mentions the name George Bush or his puppet master Dick Cheney. Those two are primarily to blame for the disaster in Afghanistan.
I agree, and I voted for W. Twice.
Originally Posted by LFC

Well - honestly, we did more there, faster than the Russians did.

What's happening in A-stan is because of the vacuum we've created by leaving. IF we were still there the same as we were 18 months ago - this wouldn't be happening. It's not like we're being pushed off the field of battle at the point of a bayonet.

That said - the only way to "win" is to be there forever - which isn't a win either.

What would "success" in A-stan look like for us? There forever? We went in there because they were, at the time, harboring terrorists. We killed a lot of them, if that's the goal - pretty decent success. If the goal is nation building (which it never should be) then no. That's akin to buying a new car every time you need tires. I'd much rather buy tires from time to time (kick ass here and there, not rebuild the whole thing)

IOW - I'm fine with going in, decimating a problem and leaving. I'm not ok with going in, doing 65% of the job and just hanging out a couple decades.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

Absolutely. But listening to the gallery here talk about their disdain for liberals and homosexuals, it’s odd.
War on terror should have lasted a year at best.
Bomb the camps, move on.
Cost benefit of 20 years of nation building is a total loss.
Now they enemy benefits from the infrastructure and assets left behind.
Originally Posted by LFC

Hitler or Stalin could have permanently conquered Afghanistan. They would have rounded up every last man , woman , and child and killed them. Then they would have resettled Afghanistan with their preferred people.

🦫

This is PRECISELY why Trump was our salvation, so the swamp united and gor rid of him.
Originally Posted by LFC

Burn/melt the nest?
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by LFC

Burn/melt the nest?

I bet even fire-ants died in Hiroshima. 😉
© 24hourcampfire