Home
In the last week 8be seen 2 large trains full of military equipment heading towards the south west. They had several MI Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, apc's, and several supporters trucks etc. I don't know if they are heading to a port or heading to be moth balled somewhere. They were both large trains with lots of vehicles.

Maybe they are going to Syria to pick up where Obama and Hillary left off trying to get the pipeline through there so they can get paid.

Is this a mobilization or just standard protocol?

Bb
Saw a bunch of armored vehicles (not M2s or Abrams, just a lot of things that looked like Strykers and support type vehicles) heading west through Bozeman about a week ago. These weren't on trains, though, they were being driven on I 90, either under their own power or on lowboys.
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
In the last week 8be seen 2 large trains full of military equipment heading towards the south west. They had several MI Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, apc's, and several supporters trucks etc. I don't know if they are heading to a port or heading to be moth balled somewhere. They were both large trains with lots of vehicles.

Maybe they are going to Syria to pick up where Obama and Hillary left off trying to get the pipeline through there so they can get paid.

Bb

Sometimes the old stuff goes from active to guard duty in some other place

Bb

Likely someone headed to a rotation at NTC.
Guard units headed to two weeks desert training?
Have you guys not been watching the news?
The Afghan military just lost all the equipment we have given them.
Obviously we need to send them more. crazy whistle
Maybe staging some gear for AZ fallout. I'm trying to start a new conspiracy theory.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Maybe staging some gear for AZ fallout. I'm trying to start a new conspiracy theory.

Don’t worry,

You doing your part by starting 25 threads a day.
Originally Posted by Teal

Bb

Yeah, likely this.

Bb

Probably Headed to NTC. About that time for the Iron bde out of carson to do their annual rotation.
They’re coming for the Boomers, and about time too!
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?
Originally Posted by DeoVindice

Bb

Yeah, likely this.

In early 89, my Brigade of the 9th ID did Ft Irwin/NTC. Just one Brigade of a motorized infantry division loaded at least 3 trains moving from Ft Lewis to Ft Irwin. That was just the TO&E with the advanced party. We soldiers flew down with our gear and rifles a couple days later from McCord AFB and then unloaded our vehicles & such off the trains.
I was never anything but a one term E/4, just a mechanic/grunt, but I read something somewhere that has always stuck with me regarding military leaders.
Amateurs study tactics. The great leaders study logistics.

After seeing the stuff a single Brigade had to transport and what all was involved, I think it’s a pretty accurate statement.
7mm
Military hardware has to be shipped by sea and the largest port for said equipment is the Port of Port Arthur/Beaumont, Texas. There is nothing coming in or out of that nature recently.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!
Originally Posted by renegade50
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

Best kept secret in the Army..
Logistics? Oh yep. When I was in ROTC (I 4Fed in the end, broke my heart) I figured with my glasses, I could still make a dent either in the quartermasters or transportation specialties. Tactics win battles, logistics wins wars.
Napoleon, Grant and few others have been credited with, “Tactics are for amateurs, logistics are for professionals.” Know idea who really came up with it but logistics do win and lose wars.
Pretty standard to move military equipment by train. Many units send several train loads of equipment to Ft Irwin for NTC and then ship them right back once the training is complete. I'm sure units ship large amounts for other training as well.

Ft Irwin might have been a neat place to do some exploring, but not in August. Was not one of the highlights of the places I've seen.
Originally Posted by Dustyone

Bb

Get Thee Behind Us, Satan.
Originally Posted by Dustyone

Bb

Get Thee Behind Us, Satan.
They are putting them on a ship to china. Seems like we will not ever need them anymore.
Biden's probably having all that equipment turned over to the Mexican Drug Cartels.
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Biden's probably having all that equipment turned over to the Mexican Drug Cartels.

LMAO
Originally Posted by 79S
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

Summer 85 1st time at NTC, young PFC outta 1/12th from Carson.
Whales Back.
Had massive diarrhea during a OPFOR attack.
Couldnt stop schitting for 2 days.
2 BMP,s hosed me down and killed me schitting my brains out.
You guys got a hellava kill that day.
Im sure it was comic gold for em.
Mopp pants down around my ankles .
Pro mask on getting CS gassed.
Schitting and getting gassed.....
🥴🥴🥴🥴😣😣😣😣😄😄😄😄😄
What a schitty way to die......
Came back to life 8 hrs later when OC,s rekeyed me.

Sometimes ya just gotta go man.
Ya just gotta go...

Bb

That was my first thought. I have done that load out before. It's a lot of work.
China Lake Supply depot?
Being the premier training center they don’t even have a railhead. All equipment is delivered to the railhead at yermo annex.
Yermo ring a bell?
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Military hardware has to be shipped by sea and the largest port for said equipment is the Port of Port Arthur/Beaumont, Texas. There is nothing coming in or out of that nature recently.

There is nothing about the above statement that is correct, except that Port Arthur hasn't had many military shipments recently... that MIGHT be correct.
Lol...you do realize Beaumont/Port Arthur are considered a single port for said purposes, right?

a lot of that stuff goes through here also.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

a lot of that stuff goes through here also.

Yes, it does.
Lol...you do realize Beaumont/Port Arthur are considered a single port for said purposes, right?

LOL, you do realize that that's irrelevant? The statement that military hardware has to be shipped by sea is completely incorrect.
Spent a lot of time at Irwin. Jumped in from Ft. Lewis. Moving our unit back then logistically was not as tough as other units. We only had two vehicles! We were training there during the Iranian hostage crisis.
Originally Posted by 79S
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

Whales Back.
🥴🥴🥴🥴😣😣😣😣😄😄😄😄😄

Ya just gotta go...

LOL. That sucked.
Originally Posted by 79S
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

Whales Back.
🥴🥴🥴🥴😣😣😣😣😄😄😄😄😄

Ya just gotta go...

What a freaking drag and how many similar instances have occurred since your demise!

I had a similar dilemma, the one EDRE we jumped into a DZ full of OPFOR gunjeeps! As soon as I hit the ground, I came to the kneeling position after releasing one of my risers, dropped trousers , cut my jock strap off( wore one to alleviate my package getting squashed by T10 harness) pissed like a race horse with two gunjeeps bearing down on me. I lay flat on my back with my cammies around my ankles and my M-60 still in the weapon's case! I can't believe I did not get captured!
Originally Posted by LoadClear

LOL, you do realize that that's irrelevant? The statement that military hardware has to be shipped by sea is completely incorrect.

I suppose 20-30,000 round trip C-17 flights could be arranged.
Originally Posted by LoadClear

I suppose 20-30,000 round trip C-17 flights could be arranged.

What do you think has been going on for the past 20 years?
RO-RO ships contracted from the Department of Transportation move most of the heavy stuff. Obviously, the Army has the vast majority of the heavy ground equipment.
no worries, they're probably going to hide it all before Biden can give it to the Tallywackers.
© 24hourcampfire