Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
In the last week 8be seen 2 large trains full of military equipment heading towards the south west. They had several MI Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, apc's, and several supporters trucks etc. I don't know if they are heading to a port or heading to be moth balled somewhere. They were both large trains with lots of vehicles.

Maybe they are going to Syria to pick up where Obama and Hillary left off trying to get the pipeline through there so they can get paid.

Is this a mobilization or just standard protocol?

Bb

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Saw a bunch of armored vehicles (not M2s or Abrams, just a lot of things that looked like Strykers and support type vehicles) heading west through Bozeman about a week ago. These weren't on trains, though, they were being driven on I 90, either under their own power or on lowboys.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
In the last week 8be seen 2 large trains full of military equipment heading towards the south west. They had several MI Abrams, Bradley fighting vehicles, apc's, and several supporters trucks etc. I don't know if they are heading to a port or heading to be moth balled somewhere. They were both large trains with lots of vehicles.

Maybe they are going to Syria to pick up where Obama and Hillary left off trying to get the pipeline through there so they can get paid.

Bb

Sometimes the old stuff goes from active to guard duty in some other place

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Bb

Likely someone headed to a rotation at NTC.

Me

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Guard units headed to two weeks desert training?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have you guys not been watching the news?
The Afghan military just lost all the equipment we have given them.
Obviously we need to send them more. crazy whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe staging some gear for AZ fallout. I'm trying to start a new conspiracy theory.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Maybe staging some gear for AZ fallout. I'm trying to start a new conspiracy theory.

Don’t worry,

You doing your part by starting 25 threads a day.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Teal

Bb

Yeah, likely this.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bb

Probably Headed to NTC. About that time for the Iron bde out of carson to do their annual rotation.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They’re coming for the Boomers, and about time too!

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DeoVindice
Originally Posted by Teal

Bb

Yeah, likely this.

In early 89, my Brigade of the 9th ID did Ft Irwin/NTC. Just one Brigade of a motorized infantry division loaded at least 3 trains moving from Ft Lewis to Ft Irwin. That was just the TO&E with the advanced party. We soldiers flew down with our gear and rifles a couple days later from McCord AFB and then unloaded our vehicles & such off the trains.
I was never anything but a one term E/4, just a mechanic/grunt, but I read something somewhere that has always stuck with me regarding military leaders.
Amateurs study tactics. The great leaders study logistics.

After seeing the stuff a single Brigade had to transport and what all was involved, I think it’s a pretty accurate statement.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Military hardware has to be shipped by sea and the largest port for said equipment is the Port of Port Arthur/Beaumont, Texas. There is nothing coming in or out of that nature recently.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Is NTC at Fort Irwin?

Yep.

Best place evah......

Lol!!!

Best kept secret in the Army..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Logistics? Oh yep. When I was in ROTC (I 4Fed in the end, broke my heart) I figured with my glasses, I could still make a dent either in the quartermasters or transportation specialties. Tactics win battles, logistics wins wars.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Napoleon, Grant and few others have been credited with, “Tactics are for amateurs, logistics are for professionals.” Know idea who really came up with it but logistics do win and lose wars.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Pretty standard to move military equipment by train. Many units send several train loads of equipment to Ft Irwin for NTC and then ship them right back once the training is complete. I'm sure units ship large amounts for other training as well.

Ft Irwin might have been a neat place to do some exploring, but not in August. Was not one of the highlights of the places I've seen.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dustyone

Bb

Sometimes the old stuff goes from active to guard duty in some other place

Get Thee Behind Us, Satan.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

708 members (16gage, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,841
Posts18,478,128
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.