Home
Maybe a new puppy?

Kid or Grandkid?

New chic at the massage place?

Found ribeyes for $9.99/pound?

You shot a wolf but are saying it was a coyote, wink wink?

Something uplifting and joyful?
Not yet
Neighbor finally chopping down his frigging loquat trees along my driveway.

Well the muchachos he hired are but still a win.
All good here. Elsewhere, not so much…
I found some Estate shot shells 1145fps at Walmart. $6.16 a box. That's the shell I shoot my ATA singles with. I'm a happy camper. Got a registered ATA shoot this weekend.
I got nuthin!
Lovin every minute of it.
Good here, but its early
Newest grandson turns 3 weeks old today
Not whining about the weather-------Tuesday 100 degrees------ Light rain and a high of 55 degrees since ! grin
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

grin
I was in desperate need of a crock for putting up pickles last weekend and didn't want to spend the $150+ the local junk shops charge for decent examples. I figured maybe I could find a place that wasn't as bad on pricing, and what I found was an old butter crock that had been damaged and repaired...$25 for a 3 quart crock and it actually holds the brine, notwithstanding the repaired cracks all over the thing. Now, I'm a day or so away from pickles.
Originally Posted by Remsen
I was in desperate need of a crock for putting up pickles last weekend and didn't want to spend the $150+ the local junk shops charge for decent examples. I figured maybe I could find a place that wasn't as bad on pricing, and what I found was an old butter crock that had been damaged and repaired...$25 for a 3 quart crock and it actually holds the brine, notwithstanding the repaired cracks all over the thing. Now, I'm a day or so away from pickles.

My me-maw used a 5 gal plastic bucket and a dinner plate to cover.
I woke up alive this morning, I'm a winner already.

Are you looking for something like stone ware in the shape of a Boston Bean Pot?

Originally Posted by BigDave39355

My me-maw used a 5 gal plastic bucket and a dinner plate to cover.

I've used those as well, but the crocks work a lot better at keeping the inside temp steady, which is important for fermentation.
Heres some good news. Looks like Kue was right. People led from dark to light. grin

By Rassmusen:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by kingston

Are you looking for something like stone ware in the shape of a Boston Bean Pot?

That certainly would work. I know some people are particular about crocks, but for me, anything that is stoneware and about 3-5 gallons in capacity works.
Originally Posted by Raeford
Newest grandson turns 3 weeks old today

My first grandbaby is 5 1/2 weeks. I get pictures every day.
My half ton of lead waiting patiently for flight.

ya!

GWB
Originally Posted by jnyork
I woke up alive this morning, I'm a winner already.
I concur. Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Maybe a new puppy?

Kid or Grandkid?

New chic at the massage place?

Found ribeyes for $9.99/pound?

You shot a wolf but are saying it was a coyote, wink wink?

Something uplifting and joyful?

Only four more hours till "Miller time"...
My toe jam is clearing up.
I saved 15% on car insurance.
Only 13 days until hunting season starts. Good times
since my back surgery in January with plates and screws installed ,i am healing well and hiking plenty so i can again hit the mountains for elk with my bow in September ,my 1/2 of a corn feed angus in a small pen will be butchered soon and my Porter house steaks, T-Bones and the rest of the beef meat will be $ 2.90 a pound again sure helps to have good friends ! got a killer bow stand ready for venison archery season , my fresh smoked venison garlic polish`s will be done soon. trap team we are number 1 again this year and with no handi-cap . so for me and family we are happy and blessed with another great year ! my small grandkids let me know i am old and can`t keep up with them.
I haven’t worked in eleven years, have a pension, SS, free medical, a wife 15 years my junior, .22s galore, powder, primers, bullets, brass, beer, wine, rum, gin, TP, two full freezers, and Jesus loves me.

I’m good.
I got the yard mowed without stepping in dog schitt.

My bride closed on a house she inherited.

Now that I look at what I posted above maybe I can get a new zero turn and won't hafta worry about stepping in dog schitt ever again.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I haven’t worked in eleven years, have a pension, SS, free medical, a wife 15 years my junior, .22s galore, powder, primers, bullets, brass, beer, wine, rum, gin, TP, two full freezers, and Jesus loves me.

I’m good.

Not sure how I would find time to drink or shoot I I had a wife 15 years younger than me. 🤣🤣
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
My toe jam is clearing up.

What about your fromunda cheese?

I’m good.

you are blessed!

+1

Smith M629, 44 Mag @ 15 yds off rest.

ya!

GWB
Did anyone stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
MtnBoomer: Moved the VarmintGrandDaughter into her college dormitory yesterday.
She is nearly as excited about her freshman year of college (wants to be a history teacher!) as her mother, grandmother and I are.
Thats something positive - although I do have some reservations about exposing ANY members of my family to this countries "college professors".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

grin

Drool! Stuff dreams are made of.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I’m good.

Not sure how I would find time to drink or shoot I I had a wife 15 years younger than me. 🤣🤣

Good time-management.

Or is it good-time management?🤔

I’m good.

Saweet.

Thanks for the good stuff guys!
Originally Posted by geedubya

I’m good.

you are blessed!

+1

Smith M629, 44 Mag @ 15 yds off rest.

ya!

GWB

I do not, however, have one of those. Very nice.

Hmmm…..
Our little grocer has ground beef 1.99 a lb, limit one 3-lbs family pack per shopper

Fixin to load up the whole Briscoe Darling family and head up there
New barn.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by pete53
since my back surgery in January with plates and screws installed ,i am healing well and hiking plenty so i can again hit the mountains for elk with my bow in September ,my 1/2 of a corn feed angus in a small pen will be butchered soon and my Porter house steaks, T-Bones and the rest of the beef meat will be $ 2.90 a pound again sure helps to have good friends ! got a killer bow stand ready for venison archery season , my fresh smoked venison garlic polish`s will be done soon. trap team we are number 1 again this year and with no handi-cap . so for me and family we are happy and blessed with another great year ! my small grandkids let me know i am old and can`t keep up with them.

Amen. You got it made!
Originally Posted by geedubya

ya!

GWB

Thanks for that. She gives me happy thoughts!
Just got notified of an unexpected pay increase at work of 4.75% along with a 3% COLA. Halfway to keeping up with inflation.
I just booked my travel for a Gredos Ibex hunt in Spain in November. Actually managed to get business class upgrade (at least on the outbound) using American Airline points. First time I think I've ever been able to redeem anything worthwhile with those point in the 30+ years and 1M miles I've flown with them. Probably one of the most worthless rewards programs there is (OK, so I had to whine a little bit). Hilton Honors points, on the other hand, are awesome. We got some awesome hotels for Barcelona and Madrid.
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I just booked my travel for a Gredos Ibex hunt in Spain in November. Actually managed to get business class upgrade (at least on the outbound) using American Airline points. First time I think I've ever been able to redeem anything worthwhile with those point in the 30+ years and 1M miles I've flown with them. Probably one of the most worthless rewards programs there is (OK, so I had to whine a little bit). Hilton Honors points, on the other hand, are awesome. We got some awesome hotels for Barcelona and Madrid.

Yowsir!

GWB
A friend is flying into town tonight and we’re going to barbecue tomorrow night. Giant ribeyes and quality drinks. Then Saturday to a beer festival with over 80 breweries. Oldest kid Survived the China flu. All is good. 👍🏻

Will you please take lots of pictures to share with us?

Have yourself a wonderful time and be careful up there!
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Just got notified of an unexpected pay increase at work of 4.75% along with a 3% COLA. Halfway to keeping up with inflation.

Gotta like that. It's just karma for your cheerful demeanor no doubt. 😁

Will you please take lots of pictures to share with us?

Have yourself a wonderful time and be careful up there!

Our trip has actually been postponed since May of 2020. Really looking forward to it and I hope the travel and Covid restrictions stay reasonable. I'd really like to be able to enjoy my trip and be able to enjoy restaurants and other tourist stuff, before and after the hunt.

It sure nice when the folks that move here from other states are generous and don't complain about the prices...much.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It sure nice when the folks that move here from other states are generous and don't complain about the prices...much.

Not only that, but I sold myself short...it's 3 gallons, not quarts. I love Montana more every day.
Been blessed to be have a busy and productive work day.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Been blessed to be have a busy and productive work day.

That's the spirit!
Originally Posted by Springcove
A friend is flying into town tonight and we’re going to barbecue tomorrow night. Giant ribeyes and quality drinks. Then Saturday to a beer festival with over 80 breweries. Oldest kid sir the China flu. All is good. 👍🏻

You had me at ribeyes! Been craving for wayyy too long. Enjoy your time with your friend.
Hit the ground running on all cylinders and one more day till the wife retires.
It's not freezing.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Hit the ground running on all cylinders and one more day till the wife retires.

That'll be good. Do you have plans for her to get another job yet?
Thought about that and i think 3 grandsons might be enough of a distraction. grin
I'm above the ground, not in jail, at least partially coherent, breathing, & just had some pretty decent multi-topping pizza for lunch. The power is on & the A/C still works, woke up with wood, the house is clean, the grass doesn't need cut, & if the weather holds will be going to the range tomorrow.
Originally Posted by 358WCF
I'm above the ground, not in jail, at least partially coherent, breathing, & just had some pretty decent multi-topping pizza for lunch. The power is on & the A/C still works, woke up with wood, the house is clean, the grass doesn't need cut, & if the weather holds will be going to the range tomorrow.
You're in tall cotton man...! Many millions of people would trade places with you in a nanosecond.
Damn right.
It's almost Friday and the chance of working this weekend is getting slim.
Hope the messicans don't tear up more schitt than we can fix the next couple nights
One of my favorites.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Thought about that and i think 3 grandsons might be enough of a distraction. grin

Lucky boys!
Originally Posted by 358WCF

Yah, sounds good.

I just started negotiating with the company yesterday for FIVE whole entire consecutive days off at home, sooner than later. They're best to agree to my terms!

Until then.

New driver shaft came in time for golf league tonight.

Not earth shattering, but it doesn't suck.
Originally Posted by goalie
New driver shaft came in time for golf league tonight.

Not earth shattering, but it doesn't suck.

You're alright man. Hit some balls and stuff.
Originally Posted by Torqued
Damn right.
Hope the messicans don't tear up more schitt than we can fix the next couple nights

Fingers crossed for you!
Damn right.

Crappie are on fire right now too!
Retired, beer's cold, & it's not raining. Life is good.
Good times here, we just took delivery of a new 4Runner TRD Offroad. My son just sent my wife a new I Pad and our grandaughter just finished a great paid internship w/ ATT. ATT has offered her a full scholarship for her masters degree when she graduates from SMU in May.

When the west stops burning we will depart for an extended coyote/ wolf hunting trip.

Received my left handed AIWB holster for use after my wrist surgery next week.

LIFE IS GOOD

mike r
Got a tough 26 mile bike ride in, reloaded some rounds for my fall hunt (300 WSM and 6.5 Swede). I am reading a good book: Kenneth Anderson: The Call of the Maneater.

I finally had a date with my wife today! And I’ve got some nice 14 year scotch to top off the evening.

It’s a great day today!
Damn right.

10 do you ever fish Montrose for crappie ?
I'm not fond of getting on the mudhole in my little boat
Will have been married to my wife for 33 years in 15 days.

We still love each other.

We are each others best friend.

2 great kids, who have good, long term partners.

Love our rural life too !
Oh, & as indicated in my earlier post, we make & eat fabulous food !

grin
Damn right.

Negative. Only ever been on it 1 time and it was just that, a mudhole. Caught 1 little cat on a lure of some sort.
Damn right.

Negative. Only ever been on it 1 time and it was just that, a mudhole. Caught 1 little cat on a lure of some sort.

I've never crappie fished Montrose either.
But we have caught a lot of nice flatheads there.
Wife wants to fish this weekend,so we will most likely hit the strip pits around the house
Bought a pair of 34 32 wally world rustler jeans.
(Size changed for me from 33 32 to 34 32 circa 2005 ish).
3 pr pack of Dickies over the calf "armoured" work socks, they stay up.
2x earth tone green pocketed dickies T shirt.

For good concealment of pistola in the back pocket.

Had 3 1 dollar bk bacon cheesebugers.
Places around here have a metric schit ton of ammo.
Rural king has no buying limit now.
Bought 2 boxes of Barnes 9mm Hp,s at midsouth walk in counter.

Didnt have to take a dump at wally world today.

It's all Gunga Galunga today.

grin
Off work today, went fishing, not much else. I'd say it was a good day.
Just cleaned the boat from last weeks salmon fishing trip! Getting ready to go tomorrow! Load the crab pots, get herring out of the freezer! Fill coolers with salt ice in the morning, and another adventure begins. Nothing to whine about here!
Originally Posted by longarm

Rhubarb and blueberry pie!! mmmm!!!!!! You better not leave that sitting around.
Damn right.

I've never crappie fished Montrose either.
But we have caught a lot of nice flatheads there.
Wife wants to fish this weekend,so we will most likely hit the strip pits around the house

I know of some good gravel ramps close to good crappie fishing on Truman. Never need more than a trolling motor.
Ohh goodness, I never thought of trying to hit Midsouth! On I24 wayyy too much for a Montanan!

Seeing any 9mm 1000 rnds for $350 or less?
Originally Posted by longarm

Rubarb pie. RIP grandma. . ..
An already exceptional pup still getting better by the day. Now 10 weeks old.

Originally Posted by overmax

Excellent! Someone needs to do it! Enjoy.
Originally Posted by Heym06
Just cleaned the boat from last weeks salmon fishing trip! Getting ready to go tomorrow! Load the crab pots, get herring out of the freezer! Fill coolers with salt ice in the morning, and another adventure begins. Nothing to whine about here!

Go get 'em! Offshore?
Originally Posted by EdM

Like the pup, love the porch!
Youngest boy just got informed he's the recipient of a full Navy ROTC contract.
Great thread!
Originally Posted by EdM

Around the right three sides. As you know it was hot this summer. We hit 78 in the place when it was 100+ outside.
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by EdM

Around the right three sides. As you know it was hot this summer. We hit 78 in the place when it was 100+ outside.

Truss roof with the overhangs on porch?

I hear it's been off the charts this year. Wish I could do the ocean. sick sick
Originally Posted by cra1948

Holy smokes that is fantastic! He must have worked hard! Good job kid and dad!

All the good news made my day. Those without a direct response are big boys and appreciated too! I'm wearing down fast, though sitting at an Applebee's to slam a rack of ribs. Life is good!
Originally Posted by kingston

That certainly would work. I know some people are particular about crocks, but for me, anything that is stoneware and about 3-5 gallons in capacity works.

It's rare that I say this, but I do have anything that big. lol.
Good job by your son to score.
Ohh goodness, I never thought of trying to hit Midsouth! On I24 wayyy too much for a Montanan!

Exit 11...

Academy exit 4.

Seen blazer brass 15.99 at academy yesterday.

250 rem umc bulky at acadeny yesterday.
93 or 93 bucks IIRC.

200 win m855 bulky 119 or 123 IIRC

200 rd bulky M193 rural king 109 today.

Might be worth a lunch stop on a haul for you if in the area

Or one of those mandatory rest stpps.
Thanks man - for sharing the local intel. Much appreciated!

Campfire critics be damned - it's still awesome!

Originally Posted by renegade50

Exit 11...

Academy exit 4.

Seen blazer brass 15.99 at academy yesterday.

250 rem umc bulky at acadeny yesterday.
93 or 93 bucks IIRC.

200 win m855 bulky 119 or 123 IIRC

200 rd bulky M193 rural king 109 today.

Might be worth a lunch stop on a haul for you if in the area

Or one of those mandatory rest stpps.

My hemorrhoids are bleeding.

Go get 'em! Offshore?

Yes out of Newport, will be at Reedsport this weekend and next. Fishing is good this year so far! Hope it holds up until deer season! Luckly I drew a tag in an area that hadn't burnt, this year.

Go get 'em! Offshore?

Yes out of Newport, will be at Reedsport this weekend and next. Fishing is good this year so far! Hope it holds up until deer season! Luckly I drew a tag in an area that hadn't burnt, this year.

Sweet. Catch some and eat some for me! Share some pictures of your trips too. Enjoy.
My life is great. I am debt free. At my goal job at work. Have enough money saved to live out my life if needed. Have some great friends.
Now these numbnuts running our country are a disaster, they are making my money worth less and things I buy cost more. But I will continue to live well in spite of their stupidity.
I have a friend passing through today. Started a fire at 7:30 AM and have a seasoned butt on hickory smoke. Cooler full of beer on Ice. Gonna be a good day.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
My life is great. I am debt free. At my goal job at work. Have enough money saved to live out my life if needed. Have some great friends.
Now these numbnuts running our country are a disaster, they are making my money worth less and things I buy cost more. But I will continue to live well in spite of their stupidity.
I have a friend passing through today. Started a fire at 7:30 AM and have a seasoned butt on hickory smoke. Cooler full of beer on Ice. Gonna be a good day.

That's great!

Not too shabby here. Feeling good after two weeks of Ivermectin.

It rained enough last night that we took an early day off from work.

I just got home, hanging out with the dogs.

Gonna smoke a chicken and drink a beer later on today.

Might get ambitious and give myself a hair cut.

12 pack of Heineken was on sale, $15!
I'm grilling some lamb chops tonight. All the weekend rodeo events for my daughters were cancelled due to our recent rains, so I finally have a weekend to relax. We have some friends coming over Sunday and we'll grill beef and chicken fajita's.
Funny how some people hate the rain but for others it is the most relaxing thing on Earth.

Don't have to worry about a fire, don't feel guilty hanging out around the house this afternoon, totally relaxed for a day or two...

Of course a beer or two helps with the relaxed part....grin
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Neighbor finally chopping down his frigging loquat trees along my driveway.

Well the muchachos he hired are but still a win.

Dude, them loquats are tasty. Buddy of mine came up after going south to visit his folks and brought me up a bag.
Got a 3rd 15 rd sheild mag at a LGS today for the G48.
Paid less for it than ordering it online.
The place had at least 100 still on the hangers.
3 mags is enough for me for this pistol.

So today didnt suck....

Going to a gunshow in Manchester TN tommorow.
Hopefully see some new sellers and some m
other variety.
And who knows what attendee,s might walk in with.
Only 150 tables.
Looking for a AK sling, mossberg 935 turkey gun , north haven marlin xs7 .308. Post 64 win top eject 32 special.
Never been to this show.

And for the entertainment value also.

I'm going fishing tomorrow, hopefully to find some big tarpon.

Of course, that usually just ends with a burnt thumb, no line and a bunch of foul language.

But, I'll save the whining about that 'til tomorrow night.
My wife said we can get pizza tonight. (One topping only)

So today didnt suck....

other variety.
Only 150 tables.
Looking for a AK sling, mossberg 935 turkey gun , north haven marlin xs7 .308. Post 64 win top eject 32 special.
Never been to this show.

What kind of AK sling?
Happy happy happy.
Last night at the scrap yard. Last night of not knowing if I am working 8 hrs or 18 hrs
Going to the new airport job in KC next week. 4-10's, yee haw !
Gonna crappie and bass fish with the wife this weekend
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Funny how some people hate the rain but for others it is the most relaxing thing on Earth.

Don't have to worry about a fire, don't feel guilty hanging out around the house this afternoon, totally relaxed for a day or two...

Yep, resting and growing hay and feeding cattle all at the same time.
Originally Posted by cra1948

Holy smokes that is fantastic! He must have worked hard! Good job kid and dad!

All the good news made my day. Those without a direct response are big boys and appreciated too! I'm wearing down fast, though sitting at an Applebee's to slam a rack of ribs. Life is good!

Between the monthly stipend, book allowance, grants and scholarship money from their majors on campus just have ta get good grades and those departments will be throwing silly amounts of money at him, just gotta pay the taxes on it how much received each year.

And a free education to become a officer.

My 2 daughters graduated and commisioned with phatt bank accounts
Nicole had almost 27 or 28 k
Alexis had almost 34 k.

Plus they also lived here at home while in college.

Good financial foundation to commission as a 2LT for em both years ago.
Not all ROTC types rake in scholarship and grant money from their major on campus. Gotta have the high grades to earn the benjamins.
Jag, luckily we only have a 3 odd ball cows on feed, and 3 bum calves.

5 fricken horses standing around eating and crapping all day.....lol

Which reminds me I should be fencing right now getting the fall horse pasture tuned up.

Always something!
Originally Posted by SandBilly

So today didnt suck....

other variety.
Only 150 tables.
Never been to this show.

What kind of AK sling?

Wanting a Romainian or Bulgarian with hook clips on both ends.
Kinda rare.
Single clip are common.

I can get a single modified at a sew shop if I have too.
Or just 550 cord the buttstock end.
Which is just as good.

We actually love the rain too. It's just when it starts floating the furniture that it becomes something to whine about.

So today didnt suck....

other variety.
Only 150 tables.
Never been to this show.

What kind of AK sling?

Kinda rare.
Single clip are common.

Which is just as good.

Ahh, I have the one sent with an Arsenal, green. Probably not rare. Lol
Originally Posted by ltppowell

We actually love the rain too. It's just when it starts floating the furniture that it becomes something to whine about.

Pat, lol, I know it seems like feast or famine with the damn rain.

What the hell to do...

Have another beer.

So today didnt suck....

other variety.
Only 150 tables.
Never been to this show.

What kind of AK sling?

Kinda rare.
Single clip are common.

Which is just as good.

Ahh, I have the one sent with an Arsenal, green. Probably not rare. Lol

Single clip front bulgarian with regular loop rear to attatch to butt stock.

Common mod to do single or double clip with wpns.
Loop of 550 cord to free up binding feel when slung muzzle down diagnol across the back.
2 run overhand
Free ends melted secure.
Only reason I got it set up like this on my AR is I cant find a triangle QD swivel one for the stock.
Lots of horizontal oval ones.
One I want is on back order at midsouth for the AR.

AK is gonna have ta be double hook or a single hook with the 550 cord loop.
No QD swivel recess on a wood stock.

I'm headed to Alaska tomorrow for a week fishing, so that don't suck.
Sweet dude, have fun!

One of my rich uncles is up there right now fishing.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I'm headed to Alaska tomorrow for a week fishing, so that don't suck.

Get after 'em Critr !!
Doubled up the lines on my boat. Generator fueled and ready, extra gasoline in the shed. Put away the lawn chairs and put my leave cover on the pool. Hurricane Henri is heading straight for us, thank you Long Island for being our break wall.
I am blessed to have chosen to avoid the Atlanta I285 loop from hell and took a new scenic route... It wasn't too bad, country highway... Until I hit the last 40 odd miles of suburban hell with all the red lights in cahoots! Hmmm.... Kinda whiney... Pulled over to chill chill chill rather than kill kill kill. Breath..... Relax.... A bit more to do this evening before the wicked can rest....
I spent the day at the lake fishing..... went all day and no fish.... then at the last minute hooked a 10lb trout , so I almost had something to bitch about.... wink
© 24hourcampfire