Home
My old hometown team was supposed to play today in the TX vs Michigan game. Got postponed due to weather.

Playing tomorrow supposedly.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
My old hometown team was supposed to play today in the TX vs Michigan game. Got postponed due to weather.

Playing tomorrow supposedly.

Are they required to kneel too
Are these the 2 last teams in it. What channel
Originally Posted by jaguartx

No, looks like regionals. PA and LA about to play, ESPN
No.

Hate baseball, regardless of age/skill level.

ESPN 207 direct T.V. Not the last 2 teams. only baseball I watch, every year. Rio7

I don’t think it’s over until August 29th.

Hawaii vs Nebraska on CBS right now.
Originally Posted by RIO7

ESPN 207 direct T.V. Not the last 2 teams. only baseball I watch, every year. Rio7

Yep. Only baseball I’ll watch anymore.
My old hometown team is the Wylie / Abilene team that will play Michigan tomorrow. They destroyed Washington on Friday.
They have a little girl on the team that got 2 or 3 hits in that game. Scored a run also.
My old hometown team is the Wylie / Abilene team that will play Michigan tomorrow. They destroyed Washington on Friday.
They have a little girl on the team that got 2 or 3 hits in that game. Scored a run also.

I lived in Abilene in the late 50's, started school there. Pulling for them and the Lafayette team. That pitcher for S.Dakota is something else.

Same here.
Originally Posted by Oldman03

I lived in Abilene in the late 50's, started school there. Pulling for them and the Lafayette team. That pitcher for S.Dakota is something else.

Wylie was outside the Abilene City Limits when I was growing up there. Now it part of the City. But a separate School District.
Originally Posted by Teal
No.

Hate baseball, regardless of age/skill level.

Hate people who hate baseball and I Hate NFL blackball.

The level of play has been very good this year...many future MLB players in this crop.
Sitting around on a Sunday afternoon watching children on TV…..nope.
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The level of play has been very good this year...many future MLB players in this crop.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

Wylie was outside the Abilene City Limits when I was growing up there. Now it part of the City. But a separate School District.

We lived on Clinton St. in a rented house, then parents bought a house about a mile away on Clinton St. just down from the rodeo grounds. Left Abilene in '59.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

The pitching this year is something else.
Originally Posted by sambubba

Yep. Some amazing kids.

Greetings from a current Wylie/Abilene Texan. That girl on the team is amazing.

We lived on Clinton St. in a rented house, then parents bought a house about a mile away on Clinton St. just down from the rodeo grounds. Left Abilene in '59.

Wow. One of my Great Grandmother’s lived on Clinton street down by that old Hardin Simmons Rodeo arena.

Sadly, that old Rodeo arena has been turned into a Soccer Field now.

I was born in the old Hospital just a few blocks from there in 1960.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

Greetings from a current Wylie/Abilene Texan. That girl on the team is amazing.

Yes she is. Seems pretty humble, too. Saw where FOX News did a story on her Friday.

Wow. One of my Great Grandmother’s lived on Clinton street down by that old Hardin Simmons Rodeo arena.

Hendrick Medical?

Hendrick Medical?

That’s it.
I was born there in 1946.
Well dang, Wylie/ Abilene lost their game to Michigan today.

They can still win the World Series if they win out on all 5 of their next games in the Series. 😬
I don't follow pro ball at all,but do enjoy watching the kids play.
There are some really talented players every year.
We watch a bit of it, especially the South Dakota team. They have a couple of good pitchers and beat Oregon today. I like this level of play and am impressed with the teams. I am not impressed with the announcers and that field reporter who has to go talk to parents about nonsense while the game is being played.
Best baseball on television......For the love of the game!

Hendrick Medical?

That’s it.

I was born in Hendrick Memorial Hospital on 151 Bryant St in Abilene, TX in 1965. Had my tonsils out there in 1970.
I coach a youth baseball team. We are just beginning the 12U fall season. Didn’t even know this was on TV (don’t watch much TV). Thanks for the heads up.

the only sport I enjoyed playing.

Yep. Some amazing kids.

The pitching this year is something else.

This made me crack up.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

the only sport I enjoyed playing.

For me as well.
Interesting to watch. It would be nice if they concentrated more on the kids playing ball other then all the other junk they are showing.
Pulling for LA and SD here[and maybe a little TX].
Which team has the tiny kid that pitched the other day that does the shoulder and leg wiggle and the Kershaw one leg extended pause?
He had the batters mesmerized with that while throwing pitches in the 30-40 MPH range.
Originally Posted by CSB
Interesting to watch. It would be nice if they concentrated more on the kids playing ball other then all the other junk they are showing.

I quit watching on Sunday when it was clear that all ESPN cared about was the MLB players coming.
They almost had me on the edge of my seat showing the buses coming down the road, almost.

They can still win the World Series if they win out on all 5 of their next games in the Series. 😬

Taylor Michigan is just under 40 miles from me.

Texas went up 5-0 after the delay and then the coach’s son for Michigan whacks a grand slam to be down only 5-4, then added 2 more runs to win 6-5.

I can’t figure out why the player's favorite actors are Adam Sadler and Kevin Hart. WTF.
Originally Posted by tpcollins

Texas went up 5-0 after the delay and then the coach’s son for Michigan whacks a grand slam to be down only 5-4, then added 2 more runs to win 6-5.

I can’t figure out why the player's favorite actors are Adam Sadler and Kevin Hart. WTF.

Yep. I saw the highlights. Tough loss. Too bad they didn’t call the game for rain. 😬
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by CSB

I quit watching on Sunday when it was clear that all ESPN cared about was the MLB players coming.
They almost had me on the edge of my seat showing the buses coming down the road, almost.

YEP

My nails were chewed and now my fingers are bloody stubs.

F U G G espssss-n

Because they are 11-13yo boys who like funny movies?? Heck, this past summer I overheard a debate on if Adam Sandler or WIll Ferrel was the best actor ever before a game. I remember me and my friends being more into super hero/action movies at that age, but the comedies ring truer for the current generation.

Texas, squeaked today's game over New Jersey, 2 to 1, if they don't play better they don't have a chance at the championship. Rio7

Texas, squeaked today's game over New Jersey, 2 to 1, if they don't play better they don't have a chance at the championship. Rio7

Thanks for the update Rio !
New Hampshire is shellacing Oregon 8-0

Oregon is making alot of mental errors.
Ohh boy,Oregon is making a game of it 6 runs so far this inning,,now 8-6

New Hampshire 9 Oregon 6 Rio7

T

Texas 5 Nebraska 0 5 th inning. Rio7

Texas 10 Nebraska---- ZIP

T

Texas 5 Nebraska 0 5 th inning. Rio7

Texas 10 Nebraska---- ZIP

Yep. They kicked butt today !
Good game gang on between Michigan and Hawaii right now.
Michigan Up 2 To 1. Bottom of the 6th.
Michigan won. Hawaii eliminated.
It’s gonna be Michigan vs Ohio for the final game on Sunday.
Hopes it’s a good one.

Guess I’ll have to pull for Micheecan. 😬
It’s Meeechigan - as Bob Ufer would say.
It’s Meeechigan - as Bob Ufer would say.

LOL.
Michigan vs Ohio in final game on now.

Michigan leads 3 to 1 after the 3rd inning.
This kid is a phenom.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb...-world-series/18nv7d1v30vtj1ahi60apuye0l

I watched him pitch. He has a vicious curve. Four no-hitters in a row.

43.2 innings pitched
609 pitches
1 (!!!!) hit
0 earned runs
114 (!!!!!!) strikeouts
Top of th 6th Inning. Michigan leads 5 to 1.

Looks like they’ve got this.
Michigan wins 5 to 2. Congratulations!
Taylor-tucky for the WIN!!!
Not watching, but in the past have been amazed at the mental games some of these kids play.
I've never been a baseball fan but my 7 yo loves this stuff. Hanging with him, I've learned Little League is way more exciting than the pros these days. MLB needs to do something. Little League is actually fun to watch. Congrats to the winning team!
watching now.
I followed the series this past weekend. I enjoy watching kids of that caliber play.
Originally Posted by kingfisher
I followed the series this past weekend. I enjoy watching kids of that caliber play.

What I like best is as soon as the pitcher gets the ball back he winds up and throws it again.

I can’t stand MLB - to damn slow. Pitcher dilly-dicks around on the mound too damn long.
Boys being boys.... laugh laugh laugh

Boy busted on camera
© 24hourcampfire