Home
Posted By: Hogwild7 Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Walking My dog this morning on a leash, neighbor let their pit bull out. Ran straight to us to attack my dog in the street. My German Shepherd female met it with teeth out. Knocked it to the ground and my dog had it down by the throat. I pulled her back and the pit ran for the house. Every pit I have encountered does this. I think I will start carrying and just shoot them. I am sick of them. I don't want my dog torn up by some POS Pit. And I am not sure they won't bite me. The old ladies on my street can't walk anymore with their grandchildren because of them.
Posted By: Stix Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Shoot on site.
Posted By: strikeu Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
the best thing for a Pit is a .45 round through the head at close range
Posted By: gnnrsig40 Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
I have a 60 lb female Belgian Malinois who I think could hold her own.. for awhile anyway. I also carry a nice stick, worthless against a pit I’m sure, a nice quick opening knife, and a Glock .40 cal. I’ve been lucky on my walks so far but feel like my time is coming, with all the people who think it’s cool to walk their dogs off leash. I will protect myself and my dog.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
You were lucky. Pit Bulls usually press their attack, impervious to pain. SHOOT THEM ALL.
Posted By: ribka Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Walking My dog this morning on a leash, neighbor let their pit bull out. Ran straight to us to attack my dog in the street. My German Shepherd female met it with teeth out. Knocked it to the ground and my dog had it down by the throat. I pulled her back and the pit ran for the house. Every pit I have encountered does this. I think I will start carrying and just shoot them. I am sick of them. I don't want my dog torn up by some POS Pit. And I am not sure they won't bite me. The old ladies on my street can't walk anymore with their grandchildren because of them.

file a police report documenting all of the problems with this pit. Put in report that you fear your safety and the health and safety of neighbors before you shoot it the next time it attacks
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You were lucky. Pit Bulls usually press their attack, impervious to pain. SHOOT THEM ALL.
Probably a mix. Most "pits" are pit mixes.
Posted By: las Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Hysteria seems contagious.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
If it's loose in the street and it's attacking me, my kid, or anything I own, it will get shot, no questions asked......

If the owner has a problem with that, we shall see.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

County Humane agencies, animal "rescue" organizations and private "No Kill" adoption groups seem to stay literally at capacity with Pit bull and like breed mixes. Many also seem to be prone to avoiding directly using the Pit Bull and like breed names in the descriptions of mixed breed dogs available for adoption.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by ribka

file a police report documenting all of the problems with this pit. Put in report that you fear your safety and the health and safety of neighbors before you shoot it the next time it attacks

Yes, get this documented. When the inevitable happens, the injured have a leg to stand on and the pit owner will not.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Worthless dogs.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21

Same exact thing happened to me while walking my Doberman back in the late 1980s, except the dog that ran into the street to attack my leashed Doberman was a Boxer. My Doberman instantly took the top and had him by the throat on his back. He was holding the Boxer down like that, snarling and letting him know he was pissed and who's boss. Then, when the Boxer (on his back) seemed to completely give up the fight, my Doberman let go of his throat and slowly stepped off him, assuming he had made his point. Just as he was stepping off, though, the Boxer lunged his head upward and grabbed my Doberman by the throat, cutting off his windpipe. Boxer was doing what Boxers do, he just held on, as my Doberman was beginning to lose consciousness. I looked around for something to smack the Boxer with, but could find nothing on the street, and I wasn't armed. Just as my dog lost consciousness, the owner came out and pulled his Boxer off my Doberman.

Dirty fighting dog. He was beat fair and square, and when it appeared clear who the winner was, my dog stepped off him, and he took that chance to get a death grip on my Doberman.
Posted By: SDLEFTY Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
But, but, it's not fluffy fault. It is all on how the dog was raised. I've heard enough of that bs!
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21

Take care of the situation with the owner.

You'll want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you ventilate it.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

County Humane agencies, animal "rescue" organizations and private "No Kill" adoption groups seem to stay literally at capacity with Pit bull and like breed mixes. Many also seem to be prone to avoiding directly using the Pit Bull and like breed names in the descriptions of mixed breed dogs available for adoption.

Every pitbull in the Pet of the Week section is listed as a “Lab Mix”

lol
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21

Probably wasn’t a pitbull. If it was I doubt this attack would have went as the OP described. I see this all of the time, people assuming a dog is a pit when it isn’t. My in-laws are guilty of it. The dog next door is some kind mutt, but to them, it’s a pit.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
When I walk my dog I carry pepper spray AND a Glock.Wouldnt hesitate to kill one trying to hurt my dog.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Always thought a heavy duty gig/walking staff would do a good job , I like up close and personal .

https://outriggeroutdoors.com/produ...0212558913649&msclkid=7ea0bec34dbc18
Posted By: Raeford Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Stix
Shoot on site.

Owners
Posted By: slumlord Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Start walking the neighborhood with Neptun’s Trident and a wizard’s coat
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Same exact thing happened to me while walking my Doberman back in the late 1980s, except the dog that ran into the street to attack my leashed Doberman was a Boxer. My Doberman instantly took the top and had him by the throat on his back. He was holding the Boxer down like that, snarling and letting him know he was pissed and who's boss. Then, when the Boxer (on his back) seemed to completely give up the fight, my Doberman let go of his throat and slowly stepped off him, assuming he had made his point. Just as he was stepping off, though, the Boxer lunged his head upward and grabbed my Doberman by the throat, cutting off his windpipe. Boxer was doing what Boxers do, he just held on, as my Doberman was beginning to lose consciousness. I looked around for something to smack the Boxer with, but could find nothing on the street, and I wasn't armed. Just as my dog lost consciousness, the owner came out and pulled his Boxer off my Doberman.

Dirty fighting dog. He was beat fair and square, and when it appeared clear who the winner was, my dog stepped off him, and he took that chance to get a death grip on my Doberman.

People are like that too.

You show a reprobate mercy and they stab you as soon as you turn your back on them.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

You show a reprobate mercy and they stab you as soon as you turn your back on them.
tell us about the time it happened to you
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
I'm not afraid of pits and don't hate all of them even though I probably should considering. I'd have another if I had the time to spend with it.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by ribka

Not a bad idea at all to have a paper trail on that particular dog..............AND OWNER.
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
There's a whole lot of difference in a 40 or 50lb pit and one that goes 80 or 100lbs pounds .
Posted By: Hastings Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Not a bad idea at all to have a paper trail on that particular dog..............AND OWNER.
A blood trail. It has not one time worked out for me to complain about a bad dog. I tried 3 different times to get owners to do something about their dogs. Didn't work and ended up with 3 very angry dog owners. Kill him (the dog, not the owner) and don't make any statements.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Actually the best thing is charter pitbull revolver with shot shells.

The reason is the situation is so fast you just blast the face of the dog so you don’t risk missing or having a stray bullet.

99% of the time it’s worthless talking to owners

I have much experience in this regard, the two best and most reliable calibers are the .40 and 45acp.

In my 44 special, the shape of the capsuls have jumped crimp and jammed up my revolver
Originally Posted by hunter4623

tell *me* about the time it happened to you

I don't want to disobey the wisdom Jesus Christ told me.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Actually the best thing is charter pitbull revolver with shot shells.

The reason is the situation is so fast you just blast the face of the dog so you don’t risk missing or having a stray bullet.

99% of the time it’s worthless talking to owners

I have much experience in this regard, the two best and most reliable calibers are the .40 and 45acp.

In my 44 special, the shape of the capsuls have jumped crimp and jammed up my revolver

☕ 😄 👍
The perfect tool for the job!

AND it's only 22ounces.
Posted By: Dustyone Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21

You should have called the police because this dog is dangerous and the moment the pit ran off the owners property the owner was liable. If you were walking a beagle your dog would likely be dead
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Dustyone

You should have called the police because this dog is dangerous and the moment the pit ran off the owners property the owner was liable. If you were walking a beagle your dog would likely be dead
had a beagle that kicked my neighbors dobermans ass that beagle got him by the throats and didn't let go.
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by hunter4623

tell *me* about the time it happened to you

I don't want to disobey the wisdom Jesus Christ told me.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

Preach it, you fake ass kook
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Great stuff, dogs that don't fight fair, specialized dog defense guns and and ammo and scripture all in one thread.

TRH, slappy, and loco are a constant in an uncertain world.grin

mike r
Posted By: Dustyone Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Dustyone

had a beagle that kicked my neighbors dobermans ass that beagle got him by the throats and didn't let go.

Because the doberman was laughing too hard

Pit Bull shot after killing beagle
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Hastings
A blood trail. It has not one time worked out for me to complain about a bad dog. I tried 3 different times to get owners to do something about their dogs. Didn't work and ended up with 3 very angry dog owners. Kill him (the dog, not the owner) and don't make any statements.

Paper trail is just CYA for when you do shoot the dog.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Pit Bull - 08/23/21
Originally Posted by Hastings

Paper trail is just CYA for when you do shoot the dog.

Yup, I could care less how "mad" the dog owner is, I would know that I did the right thing and so would the cops.
© 24hourcampfire