Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#16367959 08/23/21
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Walking My dog this morning on a leash, neighbor let their pit bull out. Ran straight to us to attack my dog in the street. My German Shepherd female met it with teeth out. Knocked it to the ground and my dog had it down by the throat. I pulled her back and the pit ran for the house. Every pit I have encountered does this. I think I will start carrying and just shoot them. I am sick of them. I don't want my dog torn up by some POS Pit. And I am not sure they won't bite me. The old ladies on my street can't walk anymore with their grandchildren because of them.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Shoot on site.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the best thing for a Pit is a .45 round through the head at close range

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have a 60 lb female Belgian Malinois who I think could hold her own.. for awhile anyway. I also carry a nice stick, worthless against a pit I’m sure, a nice quick opening knife, and a Glock .40 cal. I’ve been lucky on my walks so far but feel like my time is coming, with all the people who think it’s cool to walk their dogs off leash. I will protect myself and my dog.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You were lucky. Pit Bulls usually press their attack, impervious to pain. SHOOT THEM ALL.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Walking My dog this morning on a leash, neighbor let their pit bull out. Ran straight to us to attack my dog in the street. My German Shepherd female met it with teeth out. Knocked it to the ground and my dog had it down by the throat. I pulled her back and the pit ran for the house. Every pit I have encountered does this. I think I will start carrying and just shoot them. I am sick of them. I don't want my dog torn up by some POS Pit. And I am not sure they won't bite me. The old ladies on my street can't walk anymore with their grandchildren because of them.

file a police report documenting all of the problems with this pit. Put in report that you fear your safety and the health and safety of neighbors before you shoot it the next time it attacks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jorgeI
You were lucky. Pit Bulls usually press their attack, impervious to pain. SHOOT THEM ALL.
Probably a mix. Most "pits" are pit mixes.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hysteria seems contagious.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it's loose in the street and it's attacking me, my kid, or anything I own, it will get shot, no questions asked......

If the owner has a problem with that, we shall see.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

County Humane agencies, animal "rescue" organizations and private "No Kill" adoption groups seem to stay literally at capacity with Pit bull and like breed mixes. Many also seem to be prone to avoiding directly using the Pit Bull and like breed names in the descriptions of mixed breed dogs available for adoption.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by ribka

file a police report documenting all of the problems with this pit. Put in report that you fear your safety and the health and safety of neighbors before you shoot it the next time it attacks

Yes, get this documented. When the inevitable happens, the injured have a leg to stand on and the pit owner will not.

NRA Patron
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Worthless dogs.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Same exact thing happened to me while walking my Doberman back in the late 1980s, except the dog that ran into the street to attack my leashed Doberman was a Boxer. My Doberman instantly took the top and had him by the throat on his back. He was holding the Boxer down like that, snarling and letting him know he was pissed and who's boss. Then, when the Boxer (on his back) seemed to completely give up the fight, my Doberman let go of his throat and slowly stepped off him, assuming he had made his point. Just as he was stepping off, though, the Boxer lunged his head upward and grabbed my Doberman by the throat, cutting off his windpipe. Boxer was doing what Boxers do, he just held on, as my Doberman was beginning to lose consciousness. I looked around for something to smack the Boxer with, but could find nothing on the street, and I wasn't armed. Just as my dog lost consciousness, the owner came out and pulled his Boxer off my Doberman.

Dirty fighting dog. He was beat fair and square, and when it appeared clear who the winner was, my dog stepped off him, and he took that chance to get a death grip on my Doberman.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
But, but, it's not fluffy fault. It is all on how the dog was raised. I've heard enough of that bs!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Take care of the situation with the owner.

You'll want to make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you ventilate it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

County Humane agencies, animal "rescue" organizations and private "No Kill" adoption groups seem to stay literally at capacity with Pit bull and like breed mixes. Many also seem to be prone to avoiding directly using the Pit Bull and like breed names in the descriptions of mixed breed dogs available for adoption.

Every pitbull in the Pet of the Week section is listed as a “Lab Mix”

lol

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Probably wasn’t a pitbull. If it was I doubt this attack would have went as the OP described. I see this all of the time, people assuming a dog is a pit when it isn’t. My in-laws are guilty of it. The dog next door is some kind mutt, but to them, it’s a pit.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
When I walk my dog I carry pepper spray AND a Glock.Wouldnt hesitate to kill one trying to hurt my dog.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Always thought a heavy duty gig/walking staff would do a good job , I like up close and personal .

https://outriggeroutdoors.com/produ...0212558913649&msclkid=7ea0bec34dbc18

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Stix
Shoot on site.

Owners

FJB & FJT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 907brass, 338Rules, AK4570, 19 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,049
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.