That is a brave move.

kwg
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Interesting tactic.

Let's see how this pans out Cotton.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21

Definitely a man of principal
Posted By: Teal Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
He posted it and is following through. Reading what he's said some places - I think he knows exactly what he's doing and understands the ramifications.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Now if only some FBI agents would do the same thing, perhaps attention would brought to the corruption and incompetence in that area of the government as well.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
A very principled and courageous young man.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
It is a shame to lose him in the prime of his career. I’m sure a Biden lackey will replace him.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
The only people that are going to leave are Patriots. The communist jackasses that inhabit the positions of power now are fine with it. They're the ones that sold America out.
Posted By: efw Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Brass bawls hats off to him
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Exactly what the Marxists want.

He's already been offered a position at Black Water.
Posted By: Dustyone Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Do they have to accept his resignation?
Posted By: rem141r Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
man gave up a schit ton of money. hopefully he can make it up some way.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by Dustyone
Do they have to accept his resignation?

You don’t know? You know everything else...
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Do we know if he was of retirement age?
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Do we know if he was of retirement age?

He certainly doesn't look it, at least with respect to social security retirement age. I'm guessing, assuming he went straight into the military, that he is in his mid to late 30s with 17 years in the military. Either way, he was 3 years away from a full pension. Remember, his retirement pay would "officially" have started on day one after his retirement from 20 years of active duty service. For those who don't know, this guy gave up a high five figure retirement income which he would have begun receiving in three years, irrespective of his age. Now they will probably try to go after his social security.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
He had three years to go…
Posted By: Huntz Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
He voluntarily gave up his rights to any kind of pension or VA benefits.He wanted a clean break with nothing held over his head.I watched NewsMax last night and retired Special Forces personal are pissed.This was on The Greg Kelly show.Chit is going to fly.Biden is standing in the way of Operators going back on their own time and dime to get people out.
Posted By: pahick Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
He put a good comment with the post....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Someone will fabricate some story about him being a racist or something.

Theyll take his comment with his post as an act of aggression towards future insurrection
Posted By: WAM Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!
Posted By: Raeford Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by pahick

Theyll take his comment with his post as an act of aggression towards future insurrection

This^^^^^
From the language he used in his comment, it looks like he's gone off the deep end. I hope he gets some good help to deal with what he's dealing with because it appears the needless death of his friend in Kabul has really rocked him. If he had good leadership above him, they would be trying to help him instead of pushing hun out of the Corps. I understand his viral video was bad for proper order in the military, but he's clearly dealing with something too big for him to handle by himself right now.
Originally Posted by WAM
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!

Some men take honor seriously - some don't.

He's taking the lack of accountability seriously. That lack killed 13 Marines. It's his job to lead and protect Marines.

The constant focus on "look at all the money he gave up" is an indicator of why we're where we are as a country. The money he gave up is what bothers people, not WHY he gave it up.

Someone's sig line here used to say "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing" - drawing attention to this in the most public way possible is the right thing.
Originally Posted by WAM
..... Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS...

Is it really "hot-headed political BS"? Or is it unwillingness to work with traitors?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by WAM

He's not an ass sucker.
Does he look around and see more of....

Originally Posted by WAM

I was wondering why he specifically mentioned in his resignation letter not wanting to go to the Reserves because I thought that's kinda out of the blue. However, if he had somebody trying to look out for him, that's one option they would be trying to get for him. The brass need to give him a couple weeks and find some officers he respects to reach out to him and do some career counseling before they act on his resignation request. With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.
Posted By: dodgefan Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by WAM

He's taking the lack of accountability seriously. That lack killed 13 Marines. It's his job to lead and protect Marines.

The constant focus on "look at all the money he gave up" is an indicator of why we're where we are as a country. The money he gave up is what bothers people, not WHY he gave it up.

Someone's sig line here used to say "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing" - drawing attention to this in the most public way possible is the right thing.

I heard a Master Sergeant say something similar one day. He said "Do the hard right over the easy wrong." For some reason that has stuck with me and popped into my head more than a few times over the last 20 years
Posted By: KFWA Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
if he is saavy he'll have a career as a military analyst on a conservative network, guest speaking tours and maybe a book deal.

I'd say he has mid to high 6 figure income for the next decade

and that is just if he capitalizes on his public persona

He'll have no shortage of job offers in excess of $150K a year from the private sector.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
I read they want (or already have) sent him to the re education camp. I mean psychiatrist...
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
............ With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

You think?

"To The American Leadership,

We the people submit our resignation with a requested date of 11 September 2021.

Reason: Loss of trust and confidence.

We the people seek change. We the people seek leadership. We the people seek accountability. We the people WILL take it.

Every generation needs a revolution.

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.
Posted By: JeffP Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
We are all going to have to choose the hard right over the easy wrong in the days ahead.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Now get the commander of the 82nd to resign for leaving bus fulls of people outside the gates and cock blocking the Brits from going out and doing individual rescues.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Can't say I blame him. What other fiascos are this bunch of clowns going to thrust on the military in the next few years. Guess who will get the blame for the next cluster? Hint....It won't be the bureaucrats that caused it.
Originally Posted by JeffP
We are all going to have to choose the hard right over the easy wrong in the days ahead.

Exactly.
............ With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

You think?

We the people submit our resignation with a requested date of 11 September 2021.

We the people seek change. We the people seek leadership. We the people seek accountability. We the people WILL take it.

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

That very language is what I pointed to in a different post as indicative of a mental health crisis. Not that he isn't right about the lack of accountability, because he is, but that language (the way he put the words together) is not the language of a rational, completely sane person.
It's also unlikely that the recent events are the only thing he's talking about when it comes to "lost faith in your ability to lead"

It's not any one thing but the collection of things he's seen over the past 17 years.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
This Marine knows that if he waits to do the right thing, he will be bombarded with a thousand reasons to rationalize NOT doing the right thing.

So he pulled the pin and tossed the grenade.

No turning back now.

God bless him.
I like that guy!!!

Bravo Sir!!

Mike
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Many good troops have left the armed services through ETS and resignation of commission over the years.

Life goes on for them without needing a .gov buyout or benefits.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
where i worked as a lineman for 35 years was they same B.S. America is teaching and putting snowflake liars in charge over true man and woman with good principles ,this soldier should still receive his benefits and should have been promoted years ago . America better wake up these snowflake liberals are ruining America look what has happened in 7 months already ! and how much better we were off August 2020 before the stolen cheat`n 2020 election.

You think?

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

That very language is what I pointed to in a different post as indicative of a mental health crisis. Not that he isn't right about the lack of accountability, because he is, but that language (the way he put the words together) is not the language of a rational, completely sane person.

Well I hate to point this out but.....theres millions of people thinking the same thing. Mental crisis or patriot??
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
From the language he used in his comment, it looks like he's gone off the deep end. I hope he gets some good help to deal with what he's dealing with because it appears the needless death of his friend in Kabul has really rocked him. If he had good leadership above him, they would be trying to help him instead of pushing hun out of the Corps. I understand his viral video was bad for proper order in the military, but he's clearly dealing with something too big for him to handle by himself right now.

You dont understand schiett.

Hes dealing with something putrid, like you.

I expect you would have no clue what a man of honor should do.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21

You think?

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

FO

You think?

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

Well I hate to point this out but.....theres millions of people thinking the same thing. Mental crisis or patriot??

I'm not talking about the underlying ideas, which are valid. I'm talking about the way he used the language in writing his comment. Something appears off, and not by just a little.
Originally Posted by WAM

I was wondering why he specifically mentioned in his resignation letter not wanting to go to the Reserves because I thought that's kinda out of the blue. However, if he had somebody trying to look out for him, that's one option they would be trying to get for him. The brass need to give him a couple weeks and find some officers he respects to reach out to him and do some career counseling before they act on his resignation request. With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

I expect hes been involved for a bit more than a little time.

When I got divorced from my ex-wife (she was toxic) - I didn't continue to hang out with her family. Same principle applies. You cut someone/thing off - you cut them off. You don't "sorta" let them back to where they have control over events in your life.

You think?

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

I'm not talking about the underlying ideas, which are valid. I'm talking about the way he used the language in writing his comment. Something appears off, and not by just a little.

REALLY!!?!?!! Gotta be phuggin kiddin me!!!
Crap.
I thot this was going to be about Biteme resigning.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
As noted above, this man made a hard right choice. Not the easy wrong choice. My hat is off to him.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
He's probably got enough time in for full pension, they don't hand out 0-5s like candy. So a good officer lost.
Posted By: Dess Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
The resignation date of 9/11 isn't a coincidence nor an afterthought.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
He's probably got enough time in for full pension, they don't hand out 0-5s like candy. So a good officer lost.

What do you care, he's ten times the man you'll ever be.

I'd vote for Ted Cruz or Mike Lee or Allen West before I'd vote Trump. If it was something like Flop McRunny or Lez Shyny, I'd vote Biden again until the lesson sticks with even the stupidest.
Posted By: Springcove Re: Resignation tendered - 08/31/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

What do you care, he's ten times the man you'll ever be.

I'd vote for Ted Cruz or Mike Lee or Allen West before I'd vote Trump. If it was something like Flop McRunny or Lez Shyny, I'd vote Biden again until the lesson sticks with even the stupidest.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21

You think?

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

You should stay in your lane, as we say. It is obvious you don’t know chit.

He’s a damn Marine grunt officer who cut his teeth humping chit in the sandbox. You see the words I’m saying? You notice the jargon and the abrasiveness? That’s how Marines talk. So take your pampered ass somewhere else. This man is standing up for his country and the people who are the real force behind our military. Support him or STFU and get out of the way.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
The last thing Lt. Colonol Scheller needs to worry about is a job or making a living. He is a warrior who has served our country honorably and shown true honor and courage when our country needs leaders just like him. He is also now a celebrity and he will have all the support in the world to accomplish his goals, not that he will need it.
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
It seems like a hard choice, to bite your tongue and stay with the status quo.

He's about to have more doors open for him than any of us can imagine. He'll have to learn how to say no to all the opportunities he has waiting.

Good for him.
Posted By: Huntz Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by WAM

So being a Patriot with balls now is stupid?
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by JeffP

Jeff nailed it.
Posted By: RAS Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by jwp475

Definitely a man of principal

And I give my fullest respect.
Posted By: Hal4son Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21

Rambing Razorback- You are obtuse (see attached definition). That very language is deeply rooted in our nations history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preamble_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Attached picture obtuse.PNG
Posted By: OldHat Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by Hal4son

Rambing Razorback- You are obtuse (see attached definition). That very language is deeply rooted in our nations history.

Maybe he was out that day in civics class. (or maybe they don't teach civics anymore)
Government pensions have crippled this country. I don't think people realize how much this magic money tree has distorted peoples behavior and will.
Posted By: baldhunter Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
There defiantly seems to be a lot of division within our military these days,one can only imagine what it's like to follow the chain of command with some of the clowns in charge today.Something just ain't right and this Patriot wants no part of it.When you exit a twenty year war,leave your bases,equipment,Americans,Allies with the help of bio-metric scanners,names and addresses to be killed when found,behind.With the State Dept. prohibiting them to be rescued and asking neighboring countries not to work with anyone trying to rescue them,something ain't right...............

If "We the people submit our resignation ..." that means "we give up" because "we the people" is the populace that gives our consent to be governed by the Constitution. When we changed from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, the populace changed what they consented to, they didn't resign. When we change who leads us via elections, we change who has permission to govern us - we don't resign. He can submit his resignation to separate from the USMC, but if we as a people submit our resignation, we're rolling over (i.e., resigning our fate to whomever is in charge). The opposite would be to revoke our consent to be governed by the clowns in the current Administration. Kinda like the exchange from Lethal Weapon 2: Bad guy: "Diplomatic immunity." Murtaugh: "Just been revoked." (Using as a figurative metaphor, not advocating bullets to brains, at least not for governmental officials following the Constitution.)

As we try to tell the Leftists, words matter because the meaning of words matter.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by WAM

Hmm makes me wonder what this country would be like with that kind of thinking in 1776.
Its that kind of thinking is why this country is headed in the toilet today.
I applaud that Marine he has all my respect in the world.
Posted By: BamaJoe Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by WAM

Hmm makes me wonder what this country would be like with that kind of thinking in 1776.

Amen Sherm! Wam you are one of the ones that need taking out when the revolution starts. The love of a dollar should not ever supersede doing the hard right and adhering to fundamental principles. Pitiful!
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by BamaJoe
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by WAM

Amen Sherm! Wam you are one of the ones that need taking out when the revolution starts. The love of a dollar should not ever supersede doing the hard right and adhering to fundamental principles. Pitiful!

There are some for whom their honor is dearer than their life.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged "our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." The penalty for trason against the Crown was hanging, drawing, and quartering.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by WAM

Fuggin pussy

If "We the people submit our resignation ..." that means "we give up" because "we the people" is the populace that gives our consent to be governed by the Constitution. When we changed from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, the populace changed what they consented to, they didn't resign. When we change who leads us via elections, we change who has permission to govern us - we don't resign. He can submit his resignation to separate from the USMC, but if we as a people submit our resignation, we're rolling over (i.e., resigning our fate to whomever is in charge). The opposite would be to revoke our consent to be governed by the clowns in the current Administration. Kinda like the exchange from Lethal Weapon 2: Bad guy: "Diplomatic immunity." Murtaugh: "Just been revoked." (Using as a figurative metaphor, not advocating bullets to brains, at least not for governmental officials following the Constitution.)

As we try to tell the Leftists, words matter because the meaning of words matter.

So your comment about his sanity was non-sense.
Originally Posted by WAM

Heaven forbid our families can't go on vacation or shop on Amazon.
Posted By: Teal Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
To all my followers,
I plan for this to be my final post concerning my legal struggles with the Marine Corps. I will describe in this single post how the next two months will play out.

The Marine Corps will assign an investigating officer. Most likely a Colonel. In his investigative capacities, the Colonel will write an unnecessarily long document, with 323 findings of facts. He will ultimately find my posts/statements in violation of 2 to 3 UCMJ articles. Then, on page 38 of the investigation, he will “recommend further administrative action.”

Meanwhile, General Burger isn’t allowed to comment on the situation or else it will appear as “undue command influence.” Such a stupid rule. The biggest issues in the Marine Corps, and our Generals can’t address them for fear of undue command influence. Who let the lawyers decide that?

Once the investigating officer finalizes his recommendation, the Marine Corps will decide if they should pursue court martial. Normally they would (and should), but this situation may be different.

If it does go to court martial, I will be found guilty, and will probably do some jail time. This will provide me a valuable opportunity to read, write, and contemplate.

But as stated in the beginning, I plan for this to be my final post concerning my legal struggles with the Marine Corps. Continuing to squabble with the organization I love so dearly doesn’t do either of us any benefit.

Young officers don’t join to become yes men. Young aspirational politicians don’t join to compromise their values. IT’S THE SYSTEM. The system forces us to give small pieces of ourselves so that we can continue playing. We willing give up these pieces believing it will lead to a place within the system where we eventually “influence real change.” The problem is, that over time, those small pieces add up to significant moral, spiritual, mental, and physical changes. The system changes people, and they don’t even realize it.

“That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."
Originally Posted by OldHat

So your comment about his sanity was non-sense.

He's going through a very stressful time with the needless loss of a friend. The way he has expressed some of the ideas he is trying to communicate has been nonsensical. He's currently impaired, at least a little, due to the emotions of loss and betrayal he's dealing with, and that's obvious if you've watched his videos. He may ultimately lead the charge on making needed changes, but right now he needs some space to get things sorted out himself.
Posted By: pahick Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21

He's going through a very stressful time with the needless loss of a friend. The way he has expressed some of the ideas he is trying to communicate has been nonsensical. He's currently impaired, at least a little, due to the emotions of loss and betrayal he's dealing with, and that's obvious if you've watched his videos. He may ultimately lead the charge on making needed changes, but right now he needs some space to get things sorted out himself.

You just need to STFU. Period. You have no f uckn clue.
Posted By: There_Ya_Go Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
Originally Posted by OldHat
Government pensions have crippled this country. I don't think people realize how much this magic money tree has distorted peoples behavior and will.

"Young officers don’t join to become yes men. Young aspirational politicians don’t join to compromise their values. IT’S THE SYSTEM. The system forces us to give small pieces of ourselves so that we can continue playing. We willing give up these pieces believing it will lead to a place within the system where we eventually “influence real change.” The problem is, that over time, those small pieces add up to significant moral, spiritual, mental, and physical changes. The system changes people, and they don’t even realize it.

“That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

These points fit right together. The longer someone is in, or works for, the government, the more they become enslaved to the System. Fact of the matter, it's true for any large organization. At some point, they become an Organization Man and even if they see the wrongness in the system, they've got too much to lose to buck it.
Posted By: sherm_61 Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
My wife and I just went to a memorial last night in Kalispell for the 13 Marines that were just killed by Biden and his administrations stupidty. While I never served my son in law did in the Navy and my nephew did a tour as a marine sniper in Afghanistan and Iraq and I think it easily could have been either one of them we were honoring last night by the grace of God it wasn't. Picking money over doing the right thing is nothing more than being a spinless piece of [bleep] I dare anybody to tell that to my nephew or son in law or the family's of the 13 that were just killed August 27th 2021
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Resignation tendered - 09/01/21
He put a good comment with the post....

BIG LIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by WAM

Some people don't put a pension above their convictions , some do = WAM .
Originally Posted by WAM

Right on Teal !!!!!!!
© 24hourcampfire