Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP
We are all going to have to choose the hard right over the easy wrong in the days ahead.

Jeff nailed it.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
GB1

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

Definitely a man of principal

And I give my fullest respect.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback

That very language is what I pointed to in a different post as indicative of a mental health crisis. Not that he isn't right about the lack of accountability, because he is, but that language (the way he put the words together) is not the language of a rational, completely sane person.

I'm not talking about the underlying ideas, which are valid. I'm talking about the way he used the language in writing his comment. Something appears off, and not by just a little.

Rambing Razorback- You are obtuse (see attached definition). That very language is deeply rooted in our nations history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preamble_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Attached Images
obtuse.PNG (32.46 KB, 176 downloads)
Last edited by Hal4son; 09/01/21.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Hal4son

That very language is what I pointed to in a different post as indicative of a mental health crisis. Not that he isn't right about the lack of accountability, because he is, but that language (the way he put the words together) is not the language of a rational, completely sane person.

I'm not talking about the underlying ideas, which are valid. I'm talking about the way he used the language in writing his comment. Something appears off, and not by just a little.

Rambing Razorback- You are obtuse (see attached definition). That very language is deeply rooted in our nations history.

Maybe he was out that day in civics class. (or maybe they don't teach civics anymore)

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Government pensions have crippled this country. I don't think people realize how much this magic money tree has distorted peoples behavior and will.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There defiantly seems to be a lot of division within our military these days,one can only imagine what it's like to follow the chain of command with some of the clowns in charge today.Something just ain't right and this Patriot wants no part of it.When you exit a twenty year war,leave your bases,equipment,Americans,Allies with the help of bio-metric scanners,names and addresses to be killed when found,behind.With the State Dept. prohibiting them to be rescued and asking neighboring countries not to work with anyone trying to rescue them,something ain't right...............

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If "We the people submit our resignation ..." that means "we give up" because "we the people" is the populace that gives our consent to be governed by the Constitution. When we changed from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, the populace changed what they consented to, they didn't resign. When we change who leads us via elections, we change who has permission to govern us - we don't resign. He can submit his resignation to separate from the USMC, but if we as a people submit our resignation, we're rolling over (i.e., resigning our fate to whomever is in charge). The opposite would be to revoke our consent to be governed by the clowns in the current Administration. Kinda like the exchange from Lethal Weapon 2: Bad guy: "Diplomatic immunity." Murtaugh: "Just been revoked." (Using as a figurative metaphor, not advocating bullets to brains, at least not for governmental officials following the Constitution.)

As we try to tell the Leftists, words matter because the meaning of words matter.

Last edited by Ramblin_Razorback; 09/01/21. Reason: Clarifying
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WAM
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!

Hmm makes me wonder what this country would be like with that kind of thinking in 1776.
Its that kind of thinking is why this country is headed in the toilet today.
I applaud that Marine he has all my respect in the world.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by WAM
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!

Hmm makes me wonder what this country would be like with that kind of thinking in 1776.

Amen Sherm! Wam you are one of the ones that need taking out when the revolution starts. The love of a dollar should not ever supersede doing the hard right and adhering to fundamental principles. Pitiful!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by BamaJoe
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by WAM

Amen Sherm! Wam you are one of the ones that need taking out when the revolution starts. The love of a dollar should not ever supersede doing the hard right and adhering to fundamental principles. Pitiful!

There are some for whom their honor is dearer than their life.

The signers of the Declaration of Independence pledged "our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." The penalty for trason against the Crown was hanging, drawing, and quartering.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WAM

Fuggin pussy

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

If "We the people submit our resignation ..." that means "we give up" because "we the people" is the populace that gives our consent to be governed by the Constitution. When we changed from the Articles of Confederation to the Constitution, the populace changed what they consented to, they didn't resign. When we change who leads us via elections, we change who has permission to govern us - we don't resign. He can submit his resignation to separate from the USMC, but if we as a people submit our resignation, we're rolling over (i.e., resigning our fate to whomever is in charge). The opposite would be to revoke our consent to be governed by the clowns in the current Administration. Kinda like the exchange from Lethal Weapon 2: Bad guy: "Diplomatic immunity." Murtaugh: "Just been revoked." (Using as a figurative metaphor, not advocating bullets to brains, at least not for governmental officials following the Constitution.)

As we try to tell the Leftists, words matter because the meaning of words matter.

So your comment about his sanity was non-sense.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by WAM

Heaven forbid our families can't go on vacation or shop on Amazon.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
To all my followers,
I plan for this to be my final post concerning my legal struggles with the Marine Corps. I will describe in this single post how the next two months will play out.

The Marine Corps will assign an investigating officer. Most likely a Colonel. In his investigative capacities, the Colonel will write an unnecessarily long document, with 323 findings of facts. He will ultimately find my posts/statements in violation of 2 to 3 UCMJ articles. Then, on page 38 of the investigation, he will “recommend further administrative action.”

Meanwhile, General Burger isn’t allowed to comment on the situation or else it will appear as “undue command influence.” Such a stupid rule. The biggest issues in the Marine Corps, and our Generals can’t address them for fear of undue command influence. Who let the lawyers decide that?

Once the investigating officer finalizes his recommendation, the Marine Corps will decide if they should pursue court martial. Normally they would (and should), but this situation may be different.

If it does go to court martial, I will be found guilty, and will probably do some jail time. This will provide me a valuable opportunity to read, write, and contemplate.

But as stated in the beginning, I plan for this to be my final post concerning my legal struggles with the Marine Corps. Continuing to squabble with the organization I love so dearly doesn’t do either of us any benefit.

Young officers don’t join to become yes men. Young aspirational politicians don’t join to compromise their values. IT’S THE SYSTEM. The system forces us to give small pieces of ourselves so that we can continue playing. We willing give up these pieces believing it will lead to a place within the system where we eventually “influence real change.” The problem is, that over time, those small pieces add up to significant moral, spiritual, mental, and physical changes. The system changes people, and they don’t even realize it.

“That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldHat

So your comment about his sanity was non-sense.

He's going through a very stressful time with the needless loss of a friend. The way he has expressed some of the ideas he is trying to communicate has been nonsensical. He's currently impaired, at least a little, due to the emotions of loss and betrayal he's dealing with, and that's obvious if you've watched his videos. He may ultimately lead the charge on making needed changes, but right now he needs some space to get things sorted out himself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

He's going through a very stressful time with the needless loss of a friend. The way he has expressed some of the ideas he is trying to communicate has been nonsensical. He's currently impaired, at least a little, due to the emotions of loss and betrayal he's dealing with, and that's obvious if you've watched his videos. He may ultimately lead the charge on making needed changes, but right now he needs some space to get things sorted out himself.

You just need to STFU. Period. You have no f uckn clue.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by OldHat
Government pensions have crippled this country. I don't think people realize how much this magic money tree has distorted peoples behavior and will.

Originally Posted by Teal

"Young officers don’t join to become yes men. Young aspirational politicians don’t join to compromise their values. IT’S THE SYSTEM. The system forces us to give small pieces of ourselves so that we can continue playing. We willing give up these pieces believing it will lead to a place within the system where we eventually “influence real change.” The problem is, that over time, those small pieces add up to significant moral, spiritual, mental, and physical changes. The system changes people, and they don’t even realize it.

“That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

These points fit right together. The longer someone is in, or works for, the government, the more they become enslaved to the System. Fact of the matter, it's true for any large organization. At some point, they become an Organization Man and even if they see the wrongness in the system, they've got too much to lose to buck it.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My wife and I just went to a memorial last night in Kalispell for the 13 Marines that were just killed by Biden and his administrations stupidty. While I never served my son in law did in the Navy and my nephew did a tour as a marine sniper in Afghanistan and Iraq and I think it easily could have been either one of them we were honoring last night by the grace of God it wasn't. Picking money over doing the right thing is nothing more than being a spinless piece of [bleep] I dare anybody to tell that to my nephew or son in law or the family's of the 13 that were just killed August 27th 2021

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pahick
He put a good comment with the post....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BIG LIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WAM

Some people don't put a pension above their convictions , some do = WAM .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 67 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,470
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.