Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Someone will fabricate some story about him being a racist or something.

Theyll take his comment with his post as an act of aggression towards future insurrection

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Someone will fabricate some story about him being a racist or something.

Theyll take his comment with his post as an act of aggression towards future insurrection

This^^^^^

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From the language he used in his comment, it looks like he's gone off the deep end. I hope he gets some good help to deal with what he's dealing with because it appears the needless death of his friend in Kabul has really rocked him. If he had good leadership above him, they would be trying to help him instead of pushing hun out of the Corps. I understand his viral video was bad for proper order in the military, but he's clearly dealing with something too big for him to handle by himself right now.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WAM
Regardless of his political convictions, I think he was not being very practical in pissing away a million dollars in lifetime retirement pension and potentially more in VA compensation if found to be disabled. It’s not like he has a fat 401k to hold him over…. He could have rode it out and had the Corps reassign him to a crap job somewhere or had them retire him early with benefits. Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sometimes you can’t fit all the stupid in one head and some spills out!

Some men take honor seriously - some don't.

He's taking the lack of accountability seriously. That lack killed 13 Marines. It's his job to lead and protect Marines.

The constant focus on "look at all the money he gave up" is an indicator of why we're where we are as a country. The money he gave up is what bothers people, not WHY he gave it up.

Someone's sig line here used to say "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing" - drawing attention to this in the most public way possible is the right thing.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WAM
..... Taking care of your family is job one ahead of hot-headed political BS...

Is it really "hot-headed political BS"? Or is it unwillingness to work with traitors?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WAM

He's not an ass sucker.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does he look around and see more of....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WAM

I was wondering why he specifically mentioned in his resignation letter not wanting to go to the Reserves because I thought that's kinda out of the blue. However, if he had somebody trying to look out for him, that's one option they would be trying to get for him. The brass need to give him a couple weeks and find some officers he respects to reach out to him and do some career counseling before they act on his resignation request. With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by WAM

Some men take honor seriously - some don't.

He's taking the lack of accountability seriously. That lack killed 13 Marines. It's his job to lead and protect Marines.

The constant focus on "look at all the money he gave up" is an indicator of why we're where we are as a country. The money he gave up is what bothers people, not WHY he gave it up.

Someone's sig line here used to say "It's never the wrong time to do the right thing" - drawing attention to this in the most public way possible is the right thing.

I heard a Master Sergeant say something similar one day. He said "Do the hard right over the easy wrong." For some reason that has stuck with me and popped into my head more than a few times over the last 20 years

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if he is saavy he'll have a career as a military analyst on a conservative network, guest speaking tours and maybe a book deal.

I'd say he has mid to high 6 figure income for the next decade

and that is just if he capitalizes on his public persona

He'll have no shortage of job offers in excess of $150K a year from the private sector.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I read they want (or already have) sent him to the re education camp. I mean psychiatrist...

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
............ With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

You think?

"To The American Leadership,

We the people submit our resignation with a requested date of 11 September 2021.

Reason: Loss of trust and confidence.

We the people seek change. We the people seek leadership. We the people seek accountability. We the people WILL take it.

Every generation needs a revolution.

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We are all going to have to choose the hard right over the easy wrong in the days ahead.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Now get the commander of the 82nd to resign for leaving bus fulls of people outside the gates and cock blocking the Brits from going out and doing individual rescues.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Can't say I blame him. What other fiascos are this bunch of clowns going to thrust on the military in the next few years. Guess who will get the blame for the next cluster? Hint....It won't be the bureaucrats that caused it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffP
We are all going to have to choose the hard right over the easy wrong in the days ahead.

Exactly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
............ With a little time to gain perspective, he probably would see things differently.

You think?

"To The American Leadership,

We the people submit our resignation with a requested date of 11 September 2021.

Reason: Loss of trust and confidence.

We the people seek change. We the people seek leadership. We the people seek accountability. We the people WILL take it.

Every generation needs a revolution.

Very Respectfully,
US"

I highly doubt it.

That very language is what I pointed to in a different post as indicative of a mental health crisis. Not that he isn't right about the lack of accountability, because he is, but that language (the way he put the words together) is not the language of a rational, completely sane person.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It's also unlikely that the recent events are the only thing he's talking about when it comes to "lost faith in your ability to lead"

It's not any one thing but the collection of things he's seen over the past 17 years.

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This Marine knows that if he waits to do the right thing, he will be bombarded with a thousand reasons to rationalize NOT doing the right thing.

So he pulled the pin and tossed the grenade.

No turning back now.

God bless him.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (2ndwind, 22250rem, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,797
Posts18,496,262
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.