Home
I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.....

Our glorious USFWS at it’s best. “A” male bat is discovered dead on the site, and they shut down 175 wind turbines on 60,000 acres producing 400 MW of power. ONE dead bat on 60,000 acres.....

The Feds. Coming soon to a business or project near you.......

https://fws.gov/midwest/endangered/...20Memo%20and%20TAL%20Report_06152021.pdf

“To avoid potential effects to the Indiana bat and northern long-eared bat, the TAL required feathering of all turbines below 6.9 meters-per-second (m/s) for 0.5 hour before sunset to 0.5 hour after sunrise when air temperatures were above 50°F from March 15 through October 31 based on the 10-minute rolling average at each individual turbine. Due to the fatality of a male Indiana bat at the Project in September 2020, Ameren voluntarily increased the avoidance measures to involve no operation of the turbines when temperatures were above 50°F starting on March 15, 2021. Another fatality was discovered on April 15, 2021; Ameren voluntarily stopped all nighttime operations starting on April 19, 2021, but continued post-construction monitoring under the TAL until the ITP was issued on May 14, 2021.“
I can't believe there were 175 functional wind turbines to begin with.
Cripes!

Bats is more importanter than global warmings.
I’m pretty sure we have reached peak stupidity for our species.
Idiots
UPDATE; last night 2 bats were discovered ....wit republican voter cards ....ALL 175 wind turbines are now up and running again.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Cripes!

You have a way with words
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Cripes!

You have a way with words

College grad bro!

Not the wind farm's fault. The bat's radar was defective. Or maybe they build them with stealth blades.

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I'm betting we haven't yet. The power of stupidity knows no bounds.

Originally Posted by atvalaska
UPDATE; last night 2 bats were discovered ....wit republican voter cards ....ALL 175 wind turbines are now up and running again.....

I've been curious about what gets found on the ground at Eva Creek since that eyesore started up..
BSc or MS in beer box applications?
As slow as those things spin in comparison to a bats ability to pull some hellified flying maneuvers ....

Had to be some dumbazz bats with some fugged up bat sonar, radar, echo locating what the fugg ever they got to fly around and catch bugs.

Probably 2 retarded ones out of 10,s of thousands everynight around the area.
The bats with defective radar were taken out of the gene pool. It actually makes the species more resilient in the long term
Fuggin wildlife bios! whistle
Blame the greenies and their lawsuits, not the feds on this one.

I have been directly involved with several similar situations. There is a HELL of a lot more involved here than just some bat loving biologist. I guarantee it. The simple fact that there is a yearly "POST-CONSTRUCTION BAT MORTALITY MONITORING REPORT" tells me a lot about the situation and the documents that were generated to approve the project.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

That's pretty funny right there.

Fishheads would NEVER cause such a mess! laugh
Originally Posted by T_Inman

I have been directly involved with several similar situations. There is a HELL of a lot more involved here than just some bat loving biologist. I guarantee it. The simple fact that there is a yearly "POST-CONSTRUCTION BAT MORTALITY MONITORING REPORT" tells me a lot about the situation and the documents that were generated to approve the project.

Those in the know............know.....eh?

Lawsuits overcome common sense every time.
Originally Posted by Stophel
I can't believe there were 175 functional wind turbines to begin with.

I get your drift, however, there's assloads, like it or not, 50+ thousand and growing. They're bound to have roughly a partial assload working...

Nope. Fish heads can't be blamed for this particular mess.... wink

Nope. Fish heads can't be blamed for this particular mess.... wink

Or any other..................

ha ha.

If you're out on the road and not at home, I hope you can get a little rest tonight.

I'm outta here.
Home, insomniacing like hell.
Sounds like a waste of 60k acres to me.

Those in the know............know.....eh?

Lawsuits overcome common sense every time.

Common sense would have Bubba running around with a pickup and a bucket picking up “trash”, you know, to keep things nice and tidy for when the biologists get to work in the morning......

But I’m Dutch, we’re big on nice and tidy. Maybe this is a better way?
Who knows that a turbine actually killed it? Probably had rabies.
But was the bat vaxxed?
According to the USAF, wind farms can screw up the local radar.

They were planning some wind farms near Sheppard AFB a few years ago and the USAF got it stopped.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

You ain't seen nothing yet!
#eagleslivesmatter
Two questions, they need 60K acres to put up 175 wind turbines? Who goes looking for dead sheit on 60K acres?
Pretty sure those POS turbines which never work the 16 years it takes to make a profit are one of the reasons for the rapidly declining songbird populations.

The blades normally dont hit the migrating birds but the rapid atmospheric pressure drop ruptures vessels.

2 years and 3 trips to the valley in afternoon and evening ive driven 35 to nearly 50 miles from the southern city limit of San Antonio before seeing a dove outside the Pleasanton city limits.

Other evening going that trip back north in the evening i scanned the trees and power lines around 7 ranch places with several trees and buildings without seeing a single bird.

Buddy of mine owns the Six Shooter ranches with the fans on hills. Used to find several dead birds near them years ago. Not now. They're mostly all gone. Not many dove either.
We need to build a monument to that Bat.
Originally Posted by viking
#eagleslivesmatter

Unless they kill some stupid quail or something....
Pretty sure I know how to take them down now.....
Originally Posted by ruffcutt

Necropsy.
I find it world-class hilarious that the Greenies' favorite ox is getting gored by the tactics they invented.
Originally Posted by rainshot
We need to build a monument to that Bat.

That way the libs can feel good about tearing it down in the future.
Originally Posted by Sako76
Two questions, they need 60K acres to put up 175 wind turbines? Who goes looking for dead sheit on 60K acres?

1) Huhh? Need? It covers many different land owner's properties.

2) The company hired to do so - to meet the requirements of the permit to build and operate the wind plant, due to expected incidental take of an endangered species, thus, a monitoring program was established... Congress ultimately.
The tips of those turbines spin between 120-150mph.

They kill tons of schit all day, every day.

They are monuments to the stupidity of man as far as I'm concerned.
Front page article in the WSJ today.

"Lack of Wind is Blow to Europe"
"A decrese in wind in the North Sea has sent power costs surging in Europe."
Originally Posted by hatari
"Lack of WInd is Blow to Europe"

I hope they gave that guy the rest of the day off.

I'm involved in a series of projects in northern Ohio right now where we get shut down for a few months of the bat breeding season every year. No lawsuits, no NEPA studies to get the projects approved, just a set of "guidelines" imposed by USFWS. They review and comment on our work plans for every project, and we pretty much have to do what they say with respect to the bats.
The monitoring found 3 bats had been killed during the monitoring period, one the endangered kind, and 52 birds including one bald eagle. Rest in pieces....

Here's the complaint forum.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...fo-please-contact-your-reps#Post15502656
Originally Posted by RufusG
I find it world-class hilarious that the Greenies' favorite ox is getting gored by the tactics they invented.

Irony is my favorite type of humor.......

Necropsy.

Did it die OF rabies, or with rabies?

Or maybe it was just a stupid bat? You know, like a dork. Flying around, till his buddies dare him to go near the red light? “I ain’t skeered of that light”. Smack!

Does an autopsy identify if it was a dork bat?
Originally Posted by Dutch
I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.....

Our glorious USFWS at it’s best. “A” male bat is discovered dead on the site, and they shut down 175 wind turbines on 60,000 acres producing 400 MW of power. ONE dead bat on 60,000 acres.....

The Feds. Coming soon to a business or project near you.......

https://fws.gov/midwest/endangered/...20Memo%20and%20TAL%20Report_06152021.pdf

“To avoid potential effects to the Indiana bat and northern long-eared bat, the TAL required feathering of all turbines below 6.9 meters-per-second (m/s) for 0.5 hour before sunset to 0.5 hour after sunrise when air temperatures were above 50°F from March 15 through October 31 based on the 10-minute rolling average at each individual turbine. Due to the fatality of a male Indiana bat at the Project in September 2020, Ameren voluntarily increased the avoidance measures to involve no operation of the turbines when temperatures were above 50°F starting on March 15, 2021. Another fatality was discovered on April 15, 2021; Ameren voluntarily stopped all nighttime operations starting on April 19, 2021, but continued post-construction monitoring under the TAL until the ITP was issued on May 14, 2021.“

Quick, call John Kerry!
Originally Posted by renegade50
As slow as those things spin in comparison to a bats ability to pull some hellified flying maneuvers ....

Had to be some dumbazz bats with some fugged up bat sonar, radar, echo locating what the fugg ever they got to fly around and catch bugs.

Probably 2 retarded ones out of 10,s of thousands everynight around the area.

Prop tip speed is around 120 in a 12 mph wind, to a max 180 mph.
Maybe the bat was “as blind as a bat”. Or cell phone towers had messed up its radar. Or magnetic fields …..

Coulda been a short bus bat. Is there such a thing as “short bus bats”?
Originally Posted by IZH27
Maybe the bat was “as blind as a bat”. Or cell phone towers had messed up its radar. Or magnetic fields …..

Hopefully its lifeless body didn't plummet into a bowl of Campbells and create the chain between beast and man's most deadly of viruses.

(About 3/4 of America believed that fugkin' bullschit too)
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Pretty sure I know how to take them down now.....

Wind towers?

Yeah. Give them to the Texans.

They could fugg anything up.
Originally Posted by deflave

Hopefully its lifeless body didn't plummet into a bowl of Campbells and create the chain between beast and man's most deadly of viruses.

Truth of the story: they shut the wind farm down in order to construct a Campbell’s Soup factory. News at 11.
You guys crack me up! Those interested to know more might look into the Biden people and how they scrapped Trump's Incidental Take interpretation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and how they're open for comment right now on how to do it "right."
Originally Posted by deflave

Campbell's Cream of Pangolin.

Necropsy.

Or maybe it was just a stupid bat? You know, like a dork. Flying around, till his buddies dare him to go near the red light? “I ain’t skeered of that light”. Smack!

FIIK, just relaying what's in the source report you linked. LOL
so much for covering the load for solar when the sun don't shine.
Shiiit I was working in our attic, and I killed 3 of those MFers . I guess there will be no get together this year. I’ll probably be in prison!!!!
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm involved in a series of projects in northern Ohio right now where we get shut down for a few months of the bat breeding season every year. No lawsuits, no NEPA studies to get the projects approved, just a set of "guidelines" imposed by USFWS. They review and comment on our work plans for every project, and we pretty much have to do what they say with respect to the bats.

If the windfarm is private surface than no NEPA would have been required, unless there was some sort of connected action. That is not what I am referring to anyhow. Either way a series of court decisions at some level had something to do with the stipulations or mitigation measures attached to the permit and the need for the ITP.

If the windfarm is private surface than no NEPA would have been required, unless there was some sort of connected action. That is not what I am referring to anyhow. Either way a series of court decisions at some level had something to do with the stipulations or mitigation measures attached to the permit and the need for the ITP.

Anticipated incidental take of an endangered species. If I done read it correctly.
One of the farms we hunt has them. Our first day of this year hunt starts the last day of the shut down. When you are in the area the sound is crazy. The deer seem to be OK with them though.
If they let the vegetation grow to about knee or thigh high, they wouldn’t be finding any dead bats🦇

Anticipated incidental take of an endangered species. If I done read it correctly.

Correct, but "take" doesn't necessarily mean kill. Harassment or some other form of distress on them as a result of the action can be constituted as "take", at least with other ITPs I have been involved with.

I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is.
Sounds like the bats had the double delta rona

Correct, but "take" doesn't necessarily mean kill. Harassment or some other form of distress on them as a result of the action can be constituted as "take", at least with other ITPs I have been involved with.

I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is.

Above my pay grade.... No agreement needed. Take is take. Warped application of the ESA or something akin to it...There's quite a body of evidence linking wind farms to flying critter death, bats included.... Not a strike in this case, some syndrome was noted in the report.... I'd suppose the area is within the known habitat of the ES? The farm had been recently acquired by the current firm. Possibly that's relevant. They'll run when they can. It appears to have many land owners.

My interest is more in the monitoring protocol. Bunch of nonsense bound to give a credible enough report, per usual in the fish, feather and fur world.... Note, I previously worked for the firm that provided the report, albeit within another sector... I feel for anyone who has to associate with people! Trucking suits me better. LOL
Originally Posted by Sako76

Well, uh, u dont kneed 175 generators ta kill chiet migrating in fog an schiettt.
Git yer windfarms. Danel Boone woulda luvedem.
Hi Jag.
I guess they will stop driving at night???

Necropsy.

Dork bat!

Hilarious.

Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything.
Originally Posted by viking
#eagleslivesmatter

Unless they kill some stupid quail or something....

I see what you did there!

Rabbits too.
As slow as those things spin in comparison to a bats ability to pull some hellified flying maneuvers

Blade tips are traveling between 120 to 180 mph. Lots of birds fail at avoiding my pickup, and I run between 65 and 70.

Necropsy.

Dork bat!

Hilarious.

Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking anything.

Looked at the report again. IT'S MUCH WORSE THAN I THOUGHT.

The endangered status Indiana bat's death was attributed to WNS....

Yes, the dreaded White Nose Syndrome! Caused by a fungus! Apparently, it grows on them, in their bat cave, and stresses them out! For realz. They get all itchy and stuff... Then they go out, do some bat stuff, and then die next to some innocent, yet reportedly deadly, wind turbine, ultimately to become part of a report. The fungus was first found in North America in like 2012, thought to be from Europe, those bastids! Poor little girl bat didn't stand a chance... Note: zero evidence of traumatic injury. Can't make this up!

Everything you never wanted to know about WNS is here. Bat pears sent....

https://www.whitenosesyndrome.org/
© 24hourcampfire