Home
When something is shipped, Midway USA sends a notification of that fact. I got that yesterday from them regarding some lead round balls. When it's delivered, I get an email from them, also. But the odd thing this time is that the delivery confirmation email came in at 6:07 AM this morning, delivered (it said) by the US Postal Service. What the heck? The US Mail doesn't deliver to my house at 6:07 AM. Eleven the earliest. So I go out and look for the package, and it's nowhere. Not in the mailbox. Not inside my gate. Those are the only two places they leave packages. So now I've got to contact Midway and tell them something screwy is going on.

First of all, how do they ship it yesterday and have it arrive today, let alone at 6:07 AM? I'd think that's physically impossible.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
I am going to guess that this is one of those extraordinarily rare instances where USPS screwed up. They likely accidentally coded delivered instead of out for delivery or some other action.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
“Thanks for your business!”
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I am going to guess that this is one of those extraordinarily rare instances where USPS screwed up. They likely accidentally coded delivered instead of out for delivery or some other action.

Given my experience with the postal service this would be my first guess. Midway's email may be automated, and triggered by input from USPS.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21

Correct, except the “extraordinary rare.”
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
The USPS tracking is close to worthless. It's rarely accurate.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by dale06

Correct, except the “extraordinary rare.”

My tongue may have wandered off into my cheek while I was typing that part.
Posted By: killerv Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
Dont waste your time calling them. I bet you receive an updated tracking info at some point today with the correction.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
my guess also, it is marked as being at the local USPS office or sectional facility.

the P.O. certainly requires patience....

Their new Motto : "when its here, its here...." they stole that from Walmart
Thanks, folks. Yeah, I'll just wait a few days and see what happens.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Wierd Midway USA Email - 09/17/21
Originally Posted by killerv
Dont waste your time calling them. I bet you receive an updated tracking info at some point today with the correction.

you can actually CALL someone at the P.O. and Get an Answer???

Did the person who answered actually speak understandable English????
© 24hourcampfire