Home

For Such a Time As This series
Haman's Hate:. Profile of a Reprobate

https://bannedpreaching.com/videos/Verity/Hamans_Hate_A_Portrait_of_a_Psychopath_Reprobate.mp4
The primary text for that last sermon was Esther chapter 3.

This is Chapter 4

I hope that you learned from the first message what a reprobate is so that they can be identified.
Believers can trust that reprobates will sooner or later experience 25 minute mark forward.
My favorite book. Very special parallels showing what occurs in heaven on our behalf.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
My favorite book. Very special parallels showing what occurs in heaven on our behalf.

Yes, it sure does.
It is a unique Book that goes into great details of the historical figures and events.
How long have you been reading the Bible Fireball?

If you want Roger's series to watch in your leisure, I get that to you.
20 years. BUT, the book of Esther was a bit of a mystery to me, so I asked around about it and got the usual answers- historical based. I knew there was more to this book, so I prayed earnestly for revelation of what this book meant. I'll never forget it, I was reading it over one Thursday night and a "voice" said, "Replace Esther's name with Jesus" (as you read the book), and the rest of the characters came to life. All of a sudden, I felt like I was given a window into heaven. God's character, Jesus' role on our behalf, and Hamans (Satans) hate for humanity all took on clarity.

It's amazing how God reveals insight into His Word.
That happens to be a book that doesn't mention His Name or direct reference. We can certainly see Him and His plan in type.
Do we get koolaid and hamantaschen after bible class today?
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Ort not make light of folks when they're witnessing......my dad caught me making fun of a radio evangelist because he had a speech impediment.....dad got my attention real quick. Been there done that.......not gud.
HC, I bet you teach the younger boys in Sunday school, don't you?
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Ort not make light of folks when they're witnessing......my dad caught me making fun of a radio evangelist because he had a speech impediment.....dad got my attention real quick. Been there done that.......not gud.

I’m sure he did.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

That happens to be a book that doesn't mention His Name or direct reference. We can certainly see Him and His plan in type.

I remember trying to read the Bible as a young man and it was gobbledegook. Made absolutely no sense, like reading something that the words were jumbled. I laughed at it. Then, God got ahold of me and the book came to life.

If it weren't for God revealing His word, we'd all be blind to it. "The Living Word" indeed. You can tell by the responses here who is still blind to Gods word.
Be honest, when you try to read the bible is it hard to do? Do you want to laugh, have a terrible time concentrating on it, and want to go do something else? Does it make zero sense? Do you ask yourself "Why would this matter to me?"

I remember trying to read the Bible as a young man and it was gobbledegook. Made absolutely no sense, like reading something that the words were jumbled. I laughed at it. Then, God got ahold of me and the book came to life.

If it weren't for God revealing His word, we'd all be blind to it. "The Living Word" indeed. You can tell by the responses here who is still blind to Gods word.

That's for sure! 😄

II Corinthians 4:4

Twenty years is a long time to continue reading God's Word.
Most haven't read it cover to cover. They may have read along with their minister in church though. That's about all.
I was the same way until I rejected my good works and trusted Christ as Savior. Prior to that, I had no desire to read it and couldn't stay motivated. After I decided to ask for that gift Ephesians 2:8&9, I wanted to read it.
I know what you mean. The Holy Spirit must give the understanding and bring to memory the things a believer has read. The Word of God is more interesting every time I read it.
Any other book, by a secular author, I would have tired of reading years ago.

I'm glad to learn of your interest in the Bible.
Be honest, when you try to read the bible is it hard to do? Do you want to laugh, have a terrible time concentrating on it, and want to go do something else? Does it make zero sense? Do you ask yourself "Why would this matter to me?"

Not since I was pretty young. Some passages are rather difficult and I have to pray, set it aside and take it up later. Other times, like last night, I was in Titus and I was reminded of a verse that I had no idea where it was other than the N.T.
God led me directly to it. Then it happened again and I opened directly to another verse in Deuteronomy when I didn't remember the other cross reference at all. I have a hard time remembering references, but the Lord directs when I seek to know.
Robert White?
Tag
Secular music and books are shallow, and believers tire of them quickly. They don't "settle" with our new spirit. The Bible is living and active. It speaks as if it has life like a person. For lack of a better way to say it I guess. Nonbelievers can't get it without the Holy Spirit.
What do you view someone’s faith and standing with God to be if they go through a long period of time with little or no desire to pray or read scripture?
Originally Posted by IZH27
What do you view someone’s faith and standing with God to be if they go through a long period of time with little or no desire to pray or read scripture?

If you will watch the links in my signature below and obey the gospel, you will develop a desire for God's Word.

I’m like that with any book.

I think only dudes that wear head to toe pajamas and haven’t been laid in 30 years are the ones that read Tom Clancy and that Hell I was There stuff.

I feel like if I got time to read, there’s T-111 that can be painted

If you will watch the links in my signature below and obey the gospel, you will develop a desire for God's Word.

How does one “obey” the Gospel?
Originally Posted by efw

That's The $100,000,000,000 Question.
The answer is worth even more. No exaggeration...

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
Mark 8

1st
https://youtu.be/TOdWTJrgTJU

2nd
Decide to "obey the gospel."

Romans 10:16
"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

Obeying the gospel is to make a decision to believe it.

The chapter in Isaiah 53:1, this quote is taken from, explains the gospel in details listed below.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.".
"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken...
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin....
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

Someone obeys in a unique way which does not require the works of the man who received the gift. Jesus already paid for the gift of everlasting life by accepting the punishments we deserve. We add nothing to that but obedience...... obedience in the form of believing that report about the Savior.

You are making an assumption that I am referencing myself. I am not. In my question I’m asking for your personal view.
Originally Posted by efw

That's The $100,000,000,000 Question.
The answer is worth even more. No exaggeration...

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"
Mark 8

1st
https://youtu.be/TOdWTJrgTJU

2nd
Decide to "obey the gospel."

Romans 10:16
"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?"

Obeying the gospel is to make a decision to believe it.

The chapter in Isaiah 53:1, this quote is taken from, explains the gospel in details listed below.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.".
"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken...
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin....
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities."

Someone obeys in a unique way which does not require the works of the man who received the gift. Jesus already paid for the gift of everlasting life by accepting the punishments we deserve. We add nothing to that but obedience...... obedience in the form of believing that report about the Savior.

There's the start for anyone interested in some fundamentals of the faith.

Those who obey the gospel often develop bad habits as well as good. When we sin, we lose fellowship with God, and there wouldn't be so many reminders to read the Scriptures if it was something that was automatically maintained. Some Christians go for years without any apparent answers to prayer, while others are examples of...

Luke 4
"And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country.
And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
But he passing through the midst of them went his way"....

This is what is supernaturally normal and expected of believers by God.
"Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings,
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious."

IZH27 Said,
"You are making an assumption that I am referencing myself. I am not. In my question I’m asking for your personal view."

I just presented a thorough explanation.
Where do you stand on salvation?
The Jim Baker of the Fire, can we get a PTL sub forum please.
Originally Posted by mirage243
The Jim Baker of the Fire, can we get a PTL sub forum please.

Already begged for that a year ago...Got a resounding GFY.

🦫
HC, to be honest it’s difficult to wade through your long answers and cut and paste. I’m left with having to guess at your answer rather than having a succinct and concise answer which leaves no doubt.

Where do I stand on salvation? Sunday I attended church where I, along with the rest of the body confessed our sins and received the gift of absolution as pronounced by the pastor.

I received the gift of Christ through the sermon which presented the condemnation of the law, exposing my sin and inability, but balanced that out with the gift of the Gospel to me in Christ.

I confessed and confirmed by belief and Union with the universal church along with the rest of the folks there through the apostles creed.

I received the gift of Christ through the offering of his body and blood in the sacrament.

I've been there. It's not good for me either. The older I get the more I dislike it and guard against it too. For me, I've found that I've engaged myself in something that's not leading me in the path that God would have me to take. If I can't take my prayer life and the study of God's word with me it's likely not the place in life for me to be.
Matthew 5:6
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
[img]https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...22x11_white_wash_grande.png?v=1463376984[/img]
© 24hourcampfire