Home
Murder, manslaughter, and sexual assault are also common reasons for a Dishonorable Discharge. A murder is any intentional action that results in the loss of life, while manslaughter usually involves the unintentional loss of life. This of course does not apply to combat situations when a loss of life would be considered a casualty of war.
Also included are misconduct and substance abuse.Bidens son was guilty of both.
UCMJ
Originally Posted by troublesome82
UCMJ

Yep.

Jim
Originally Posted by Huntz
Murder, manslaughter, and sexual assault are also common reasons for a Dishonorable Discharge. A murder is any intentional action that results in the loss of life, while manslaughter usually involves the unintentional loss of life. This of course does not apply to combat situations when a loss of life would be considered a casualty of war.
Also included are misconduct and substance abuse.Bidens son was guilty of both.

Can you repost this in English?

As stated: UCMJ universal code of military justice
"Uniform". Not "universal".

Small, but important distinction.
…..Uniform Code of Military Justice. Sheesh
I was under the impression drugs would normally get an enlisted guy a Bad Chicken Dinner or maybe an Other than Honorable, but not a Dishonorable Discharge. I guess it would depend on the specifics but that was my (very) limited experience with drug users in the military.
One can only get a dishonorable discharge as the result of a general court martial. Even then, it’s relatively rare.
Originally Posted by texasbatman
Originally Posted by troublesome82
UCMJ

Yep.

Jim

Good eye.I corrected it.
My understanding was that a dishonerable was akin to a felony conviction.

One had to be found guilty of a similar deed?

Right, wrong, kinda?
I’ve told you all the answer.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
One can only get a dishonorable discharge as the result of a general court martial. Even then, it’s relatively rare.

Times and definitions are a changin', JB.

Yes,but I gave the reasons for a Court Martial being held.As I pointed out Bidens kid committed two of them and was allowed to leave no punishment.

Yes,but I gave the reasons for a Court Martial being held.As I pointed out Bidens kid committed two of them and was allowed to leave no punishment.

He was a direct commission who was in for about ten minutes. I think he failed his very first entry drug test. I imagine he got an ELS (entry level separation) as just about anyone in a similar situation would have.
Biden's spawn was an officer.

Officer's cannot get discharged, whether honorable of dishonorable. They can be "dismissed from service"

This thread is worthless.
I believe commissioned officers can get an Honorable Discharge Certificate, but not receive a BCD or DD. If they're separated due to a court martial ruling they get an equivalent rating known as a "Dismissal notice which is the same as a dishonorable discharge."
That's my google fu, at work.

Hell if I know. I was a lowly enlisted dude.
Does the proposed law banning a Dishonorable for refusing the
clot shot mean anything.

Well, normally.
Would that be a factor if one refused to take immunizations in the past.
An actual dishonorable.

Not gonna ask if they can do it.
"They" are doing anydamnthing they want right now.
It is a threat being thrown at persons of Valor but worms without honor.

I cannot imagine any possible way a DD would actually occur or stand.

-------------------------------------

Young LEO friend here going thru the same "mandate"... to save his future retirement in 18 years.

I asked him if he actually and truthfully believes there will still be a solvent retirement program for him in 18 years?

In the meantime, I am helping him restore an old abandoned house (no charge) so he has a place to make his stand known.
Usually it was an OTH for drug use and could be handed out by the old man as NJP. There were also lesser offenses that resulted in OTH like being repeatedly late or missing from your duty station. If there were other charges it could rise to BCD like going UA .

GENERAL Courts Martial. He was not given one of those.
A BCD can only given after a special or general court martial. All other lesser discharges are administrative. Most of the time, or it used to be so, an Other than Honorable was a Chapter 10. That is a discharge in lieu of court martial. It’s basically a plea bargain where one leaves the army before a court martial. It isn’t any sort of conviction and mainly affects one’s status with future veteran’s benefits.
(a) In General.—
Subject to section 817 of this title (article 17), special courts-martial have jurisdiction to try persons subject to this chapter for any noncapital offense made punishable by this chapter and, under such regulations as the President may prescribe, for capital offenses. Special courts-martial may, under such limitations as the President may prescribe, adjudge any punishment not forbidden by this chapter except death, dishonorable discharge, dismissal, confinement for more than one year, hard labor without confinement for more than three months, forfeiture of pay exceeding two-thirds pay per month, or forfeiture of pay for more than one year.
(b) Additional Limitation.—
Neither a bad-conduct discharge, nor confinement for more than six months, nor forfeiture of pay for more than six months may be adjudged if charges and specifications are referred to a special court-martial consisting of a military judge alone under section 816(c)(2)(A) of this title (article 16(c)(2)(A)).
Well hanging seems suitable. Just tell God he died
Vice President Joe Biden's son was booted from the Navy Reserve because he tested positive for drugs, it was revealed on Thursday.

A U.S. official told NBC News that Hunter Biden was kicked out of the Reserve earlier this year after he failed a drug test.

The official said Biden failed the test in 2013, but he was not kicked out until Feb. 14 of this year. Senior U.S. officials told NBC News that Biden, 44, tested positive for cocaine. The Wall Street Journal first reported the incident.

According to one official, Biden’s dismissal from the Naval Reserves was not made public "because he was treated like any other sailor who fails a drug test and is thrown out of the Navy." The official said the services do not routinely report such cases.
Recommended
#MeToo Reckoning

Hunter Biden, who is married with three kids, issued a statement Thursday evening through his lawyer, saying: "It was the honor of my life to serve in the US Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge. I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward."

Biden was commissioned in the Navy Reserves in 2012 as an Ensign and was pursuing a public affairs track. He had to get a waiver because of his age at the time of his commissioning.
© 24hourcampfire