Home
Posted By: kappa8 LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Surprised this hasn't made national headlines, nor the pages of Campfire.

Can this be true?

https://gishgallop.com/the-nras-wayne-lapierre-offers-tear-filled-resignation/

Went to NRA homepage for first time ever. No news there. But also, the NRA site is nothing but advertising for Join, Read, View, Shop, Give, stuff for sale.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Let us hope so!!!!!!!
Posted By: bluefish Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Maybe now hell have time to work on his shooting for the next big hunt...
Posted By: jackmountain Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Gish gallop means to hurl lies and falsehoods at your opponent during a debate.
Guessing it’s not true.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
So, you read the "article"?

“Look, for too long I have come out here and told people that a bunch of dead kids is a good thing. I have to either stop doing that or put my guns to the use they’re likely headed for anyway. Putting a bullet through my wrinkly little head.” LaPierre continues, “I am just going to choose to stop acting like dead kids are something we need to embrace. I am going to open an orphanage. I think that’s a better use of my time than making murdered kids sound like a fundamental human right, and I may, finally, be able to sleep at night.”
Posted By: jackmountain Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Like that prick Harry Reid used to do.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
I sure hope so too.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Read the article.
It sounds like a sarcastic anti gun peice......
Posted By: diamondjim Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Doubt that the article is real.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
It's satire.

Wish it were so, anyway. That fugger won't go out any other way than feet first on a stretcher after expiring from olde age.
Posted By: SandBilly Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ws...-ceo-wayne-lapierres-removal-11632517397
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Ted Nugent could not be reached for comment - for once in his entire life.
Posted By: joken2 Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21

https://gishgallop.com/terms-and-conditions/

Notice of intent

This website is for entertainment purposes only. Please do not let your children use this site. If something in one of the stories you see here is not true, that would mean it’s fiction. You can still do that without censorship – create fiction. You may see satire and that’s okay, too. If this offends you, you may want to look at better ways to use your time than run-of-the-mill indignation. Your Chi will improve. This sentence legally follows the one preceding it.

Any campaign revenue that generates funds other than from regular Gish Gallop advertising will be donated to local charities. Examples would be mock GoFundme fund-raising or donation requests for donation for mock causes. Everything else we keep to stock the booze closet.

Any persons mentioned in our copy bearing resemblance to persons living or dead is a mere coincidence and probably a creation in your overactive imagination. Remember, the Internet is not about you and your relatively insignificant life, although we understand how you might feel that way. We certainly do. Occasionally, we might use real people and call them out by name, in which case they probably deserve it. And they probably like the attention anyway. By law, you must not read the preceding paragraph.

Litigation Notice

Please do not sue us. Here’s why. The First Amendment protects parody and satire as a form of free speech and expression. Gish Gallop uses invented names in all of its stories, except in cases where public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental. Gish Gallop is not intended for readers under 18 years of age or people that don’t have a maturity level of at least 18 years of age.

Posted By: STRSWilson Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Without terminating the rest of the BoD, the problems within the NRA will only fester and persist. Any Board that would allow LaPierre to conduct business the way he did ain't worth keeping.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
If the NRA wants another penny from me, they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
25 years ago I was standing around at the Puyallup gun show, when I was told, "There goes Wayne LaPierre with his body guard right behind him!"

I watched them walk, but they did not seem interesting.
Posted By: JeffA Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Even if he does step down at this point it's too little too late for me.
Posted By: Rickshaw Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
If the NRA wants another penny from me, they'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

That’s funny right there! I concur.
Posted By: hanco Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
I’m not sending anymore money either.
Posted By: achadwick Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by kappa8
Surprised this hasn't made national headlines, nor the pages of Campfire.

Can this be true?

https://gishgallop.com/the-nras-wayne-lapierre-offers-tear-filled-resignation/

Went to NRA homepage for first time ever. No news there. But also, the NRA site is nothing but advertising for Join, Read, View, Shop, Give, stuff for sale.

You need to do better research.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
"Not one more dime!"
Posted By: High_Noon Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Yep. Satire.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: reivertom Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
They must have read my nastygrams I sent them with every empty SASE they sent me begging for money,
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m not sending anymore money either.

I got a call from the NRA day before yesterday.

Told the lady I wasn't giving one more dime as long as WLP was there, and hung up.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Im betting its fake news.
Posted By: ISRO Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You're finally recognizing fake news

LOL
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Not real discerning, are you, Kappa. Don't just scan the blurbs in your feed.

That said, I still want Wayne GONE.
Posted By: Springcove Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

That said, I still want Wayne GONE.

Why? You voted for Biden!!!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
like a [bleep] word of that is true. laughing Y'all been pranked by a satire site
Posted By: reivertom Re: LaPierre out - 09/24/21
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
like a [bleep] word of that is true. laughing Y'all been pranked by a satire site

Just wishful thinking on our part.
Posted By: 1minute Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
To several here. I have some bridges for sale.
Posted By: RiverRider Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by ISRO
Originally Posted by jaguartx

You're finally recognizing fake news

LOL

But you're still stupid.
Posted By: Dutch Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Lapierre won’t run out until the money does......
Posted By: add Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Some where.

Watch4GummieBears is stroking out to this thread.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by renegade50
Read the article.

Yup...Hit Job on a douche bag, but still a hit job.

🦫
Posted By: renegade50 Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21

Well if you didnt have 99% of the site on box turtle locked up tight ignore cause of your delicate feelings.
You might have seen the post that knew it was a joke..

Brilliant observation anyways Inspector Clouseau....

🥴🥴🥴👍👍👍😄😄😄
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
F grade satire.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
It's Marxist satire.
Posted By: kappa8 Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Sometimes it's fun just to start a conversation regardless the veracity of the source. Ask "circle back" Psaki and the MSM.
Posted By: Seafire Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by reivertom
They must have read my nastygrams I sent them with every empty SASE they sent me begging for money,

If they are a BRM.. Business Reply Mailer, where they pay for the postage..... they have to pay for it, period... there is NO refusing it.
So if you use shipping tape and apply it to a cinderblock or something even heavier, they have to pay for that, which is a high postal rate.

As long as it is under 70 lbs. a customer over on the coast, was trying to get off some company's mailing list, and all the requests under the sun never got a response... so her best friend who was the local post master told her the above.....so her son had just bought new tires for his Toyota pickup, and had 4 bald 31 x 10.50 tires. She taped those BRM to each one, and had them shipped. Per each one postage was well over $50.

She got a scathing letter from the advertisers Company CEO, which she happily framed and put on the wall behind her desk.

She never got any more mailers..... you want to get off the NRA's and all of their advertisement.... try that... it'll work every time., and certainly gets their attention. I've done it myself by using a cinderblock....and it definitely worked.
Posted By: colodog Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Even if La Pierre is out, it seems to be too little too late for me.

I understand the ideal they were aiming for but they've become a money grabbing bureaucracy.

If a business were to take the same amount of time to remove a problem as the NRA has, they would fail too.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21

Well if you didnt have 99% of the site on box turtle locked up tight ignore cause of your delicate feelings.
You might have seen the post that knew it was a joke..

Brilliant observation anyways Inspector Clouseau....

🥴🥴🥴👍👍👍😄😄😄

lololol
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Originally Posted by reivertom

I have done that too. I would imagine they get quite a bit of that, and they still haven't taken a clue.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
How many orphans would be created if Americans are disarmed and unable to defend themselves against a progressive fascist government like that of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union?

You can already see the Dems attempting to turn our country into their fascist utopia with a one party state. Their attempting to control ever aspect our lives, destroy our economy under the guise of “fighting” global warming and packing the Supreme Court so they can freely ignore the constitution and laws. If they are successful the USA will be a fascist utopia. Evil flourishes when good men are unable to fight it.

How many orphans will be created if citizens are unable to defend themselves against thugs like Trayvon, Michael Brown and George Floyd? There would be a lot more dead if Dems violate our civil rights by violating the 2nd amendment.

If he was serious about stopping murders he would make society a lot tougher on criminals and make it so every honest citizen could carry concealed weapons to defend themselves and others. Oh, and make it legal for citizens to kill criminals who are committing violent crimes like robbery and assault without consequences.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
Read the article.

You beat me to it.
Paul B.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
If the Article were true, you’d be able to hear ole WATCH4QUEERS crying all the way from Alaska

Posted By: gitem_12 Re: LaPierre out - 09/25/21
its a satire website..says so right at the bottom
© 24hourcampfire