Home
Posted By: pgpapa newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
Just lost my costco hearing aids from 2012 and need to get a new pair. The new one are rechargeable with non replaceable battery. my old one would take rechargeable or reg battery.
I wondering what ever body thinks of the new ones, pro and cons etc.

Thank you
Larry
WAT ?
Posted By: pgpapa Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
I dont know what you saying S E G
WHAT ?
Rechargeable is the ONLY way to go now. I have Resounds. They come with a charging dock that you just drop the aids into at night. A full charge is good for two days, and the charger itself has a battery in it that's good for up to two full charges of the aids. In theory, you could take the charger along on a trip and not need to plug it in for a week.

The aids are sealed, too. Which means they're much more resistant to an inadvertent wetting like a rain shower.
Originally Posted by pgpapa
Just lost my costco hearing aids from 2012 and need to get a new pair. The new one are rechargeable with non replaceable battery. my old one would take rechargeable or reg battery.
I wondering what ever body thinks of the new ones, pro and cons etc.

Thank you
Larry
I got the rechargeables this spring. I paid extra to get the battery pack that fits on the charger. It will hold enough juice to recharge them 5 times. Without that, you need to find a power source to recharge them. The charger only runs on 120v but the power pack will recharge from USB.
They're nice for hands free talking on the phone. The only problem I've had is that I won't answer calls when I don't know the caller. So, I still have to look at my phone to see who's calling. I guess I need to put everyone on my contact list on a different ring tone.

You can download a remote app to use your phone to adjust the aids. It's just as easy to use the buttons on the left ear piece.
Posted By: rem141r Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
can you get away with a decent pair at costco for less than 4 grand? seems to be the magic number all the ear sheisters have settled on around here. i'm not sure which is the bigger rip-off, eyeglasses or hearing aids.
I can't help you with prices; mine are VA.
I just got the rechargeable set from Costco with the Bluetooth feature and the charging dock earlier this week. So far they are much better than my old devices and only cost $1399 out the door. My old set was over $5k so I’m tickled to death with the new ones so far.
Costco has a very good pair for $1500. What you need, though, depends on your ears.
Posted By: rem141r Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
do they do all the exams, etc there too? never been to costco. closest one is a drive but if they hearing aids are good, i'd join.
Yes they do a hearing test/diagnostic appointment before the sell you the aids.
I highly recommend Costco. So does my wife, and she was a teacher of the deaf. She says their exams and analysis are top notch.
I retired from a Costco HA center over three years ago and keep in touch with folks from different offices. The new, non-replaceable, battery models have proven to be quite reliable.

Your old aids are at least six generations old. You will be amazed at the difference the new technology makes!
Posted By: dale06 Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
Interesting. They’re Oticon brand and work well.
I’m about three years into a set that cost $6500. I suppose these are good for another year, maybe two, then ill likely go to Costco.
Posted By: RicG Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/29/21
I just got some hearing aids though not from Costco. There is not one close by. Mine also have a charging station and Bluetooth. It makes phone conversation much easier. The charge lasts about 30+ hours. Not half bad.
Wife and I got Costco hearing aids in June. Phillips brand. $1,799.00 per pair. Comes with battery charger. I won't say they are perfect (doubt any hearing aid is) but we are pleased with these hearing aids with respect to being able to hear much better than we could without them.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/30/21
I was there yesterday to price them and make an appointment (first open spot was Oct 28th)...Three price points from memory $1500, $1800, and $2400. My last pair ten years ago $5500.00 out of pocket and need to be replaced after getting them wet from sweat so often. They were purchased from a small local shop...never again, no way that technology costs that much.My current pair are non rechargeable but from what I've read I will opt for the rechargeable pair this time around.
My Medicare Advantge pays some for hearing aids but even without insurance Costco was $500 cheaper plus they have lifetime service and repairs.
Posted By: goalie Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/30/21
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Yup, but I need anti tinnitus tech to come out.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/30/21
With the rechargeable aids, what do you do when the batteries no longer take/hold a charge?
Can they be fit for new batteries or will you have to buy a new set of hearing aids?
I got the medicare/blue cross ones a little over a year ago junk.....just bought the $1399 Costco set and love them!
Posted By: pgpapa Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/30/21
Thank every body booked in oct 26 for fitting.
Larry
Posted By: pgpapa Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 09/30/21
bump
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Yup, but I need anti tinnitus tech to come out.

They have. I'm too young to have hearing aids; but, my hearing loss is service connected so I get mine through the VA at no cost to me. Thank you to you taxpayers. Anyway, I had a choice for the ones that I can use for music and phone calls or the ones that will reduce my tinnitus. Because my tinnitus is so bad, it was a no brainer for me. It took a couple of times back to the VA audiologist; but, we got them tuned in such that when I'm wearing them I absolutely do not notice my tinnitus.
Guys

Beware of hearing aid companies that say they offer discounts for Medicare and Blue Cross.

Medicare does not cover hearing aids. Blue Cross does not either, unless your policy specifically states that. Very, very few individual insurance policies cover hearing aids: the figure I once read was 4% of all policies.

The outfits that advertise Medicare/Blue Cross discounts/coverage are a scam. They lure people in by saying they can save them $XXX. Then they fit them with hearing aids that are at least one generation, perhaps two, behind current technology.

They buy them for a song since the aids are old technology. Folks wind up paying two or three times what the aids are worth, regardless of any "discount."
Posted By: pgpapa Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 10/02/21
up
i'm on my second pair from costco , didnt buy the rechargable battery model because the batteries don't last very long before they need to be replaced.
lady working there said she had seen them stop taking charge within 1 1/2 years.

buy bluetooth capable hearing aids,its the best thing ever. mine were 2600.00. resound brand
Posted By: CRJ1960 Re: newest Costco hearing aids - 10/02/21
I went with the rechargeable Resound in May, Blue Cross picked up 2 K of the cost.my retirement gift to myself.
A while back the Costco hearing aid manager told me how they keep their prices down. They don't decide on what level of product they want to sell and put it out for bids. Instead, they decide what price they want to sell it for then tell the manufacturers to send them the best they have that can be profitably sold at that price. The makers know that if they get the contract, they'll make money because of the huge volume so they send their very best, greatly discounted to meet Costco's price requirement. As a result, Costco can offer a much higher quality for a lower price than most hearing aid dealers. They've held their price on Kirklands to the 1400 to $1500 range on aids that sell for 1000's more elsewhere. It does reveal how much the markup is on most brands.
Tag. Have a Costco opening up near me in November.
© 24hourcampfire