Home
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
hitting stuff please???

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...nderwater-collision-indo-pacific-region/
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Why do I think that the "thing" that they hit was a PRC sub. Ever read the book "Blind Man's Bluff"?
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Wonder where the skipper is working next year?
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Very interesting the way they use the word "object".

What object would an attack sub be in close proximity with?

Another sub I would speculate.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Back in the day there was probably just as much running into uncharted underwater mountains as colliding with rooskies you were snooping on. Mountains have a lot less give than another sub. No idea what capabilities exist to avoid such these days if any.
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
I thought that was what the phugg radar was for?
Hell they got a bass boats that will print you pictures... geeeeez
Posted By: Teal Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Why do I think that the "thing" that they hit was a PRC sub. Ever read the book "Blind Man's Bluff"?

This
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21

No. Give us a quick Cliff's notes version of it.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

No. Give us a quick Cliff's notes version of it.
It's about all the "games" the US and Soviet subs played with each other up north in the Barents Sea, up to and including running into each other.
Posted By: Fanofthefortyone Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/07/21

There are no life-threatening injuries,” Capt. Bill Clinton told USNI News.
Posted By: OldGrayWolf Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
In answer to the OP, apparently not. 😂
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Radar doesn't work in water. You're thinking of sonar. Subs very rarely use active sonar (pinging). They rely on passively listening. If you ping, everyone knows you're there.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
No radar when your running silent stalking another sub. All off to avoid detection. Navigation by charts, speed, depth, bearing and time.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Radar doesn't work in water. You're thinking of sonar. Subs very rarely use active sonar (pinging). They rely on passively listening. If you ping, everyone knows you're there.

So sub warfare is bumper cars.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Another rumor is the sub hit a shipping container that hadn't fully sank. Lots of containers litter the ocean floor between China and the West coast.
Posted By: las Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Another rumor is the sub hit a shipping container that hadn't fully sank. Lots of containers litter the ocean floor between China and the West coast.

Tubullar self-propelled shipping container......
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

A transgender, homo, or female was at the helm, no doubt.
Posted By: Old__School Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
The millennial generation cares not one shiiiite about personal accountability. I retired after decades as a Senior equipment engineer from I N T E L Corporation.....I can tell you the people on the front lines, whether military or not, if under the age of 35 or so doesn't give two fuq's about their role in the success of an enterprise's success... this includes our new woke military.

God Help Save These United States Of America.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
I have the idea that there won't be many recriminations over this. The skipper was just being aggressive and stuff happens. The sub didn't appear to have much damage.
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Disparaging whomever was at the helm.

With which unit did you serve?
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Reluctant organ donors.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/08/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Or muxzy.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/09/21
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
The millennial generation cares not one shiiiite about personal accountability. I retired after decades as a Senior equipment engineer from I N T E L Corporation.....I can tell you the people on the front lines, whether military or not, if under the age of 35 or so doesn't give two fuq's about their role in the success of an enterprise's success... this includes our new woke military.

I have to call bull schi tt on your statement. That young age group in this family, are doing fine and pushing the limits daily. Maybe in the tech world you resided ! Of course we all have opinion. The group I speak of consists of one, real estate broker, state police officer, one army lifer, one jar head lifer, and one running his own construction company! This family unit is one of many, doing fine and doing their best to save this country.
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/09/21
When I was in the Navy at SRF Guam during the Iranian hostage crisis we had two surface ships and one sub in for collision. You never heard of it, hush hush. But the in 1979 the news wasn't 24/7 either.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Can the Navy quit - 10/09/21
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool

I have to call bull schi tt on your statement. That young age group in this family, are doing fine and pushing the limits daily. Maybe in the tech world you resided ! Of course we all have opinion. The group I speak of consists of one, real estate broker, state police officer, one army lifer, one jar head lifer, and one running his own construction company! This family unit is one of many, doing fine and doing their best to save this country.

Once I was young....
Now not so much!

As a youngster, I resented old Fuggers holding me back.
Trying to keep you down, because you are young.

That leads to a IDGAF attitude.
After all, you aren't trusted, and blamed for everything anyway.

Once you get some age, you get respect from people. Only because of age.
Suddenly, things seem to change.

If you want those under 35 year olds to GAF. Give them a chance.
Give them a job with some responsibility, and ownership.
Some of them will surprise you with their enthusiasm and
ambition.

Some, just like some 50/60/70 year olds aren't worth a fudge.
And never will be.
© 24hourcampfire