Home
Michigan health care provider with COVID vaccine requirement offers $10G bonuses for new nurse hires

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-health-care-provider-bonus-for-new-nurse-hires

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
Would you get Vaccinated for $10K ???
I’d do it for a 12 pack
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’d do it for a 12 pack

Too late. Your already Vaccinated. 😬
I did it so I could stay at the house.
It's getting cold out
Nope
Fairchild Medical offering 20,000 sign on bonus in this county...
Wonder how the existing nurses feel?
They are pissed, ICU gals ran short handed through the worst of covid last spring working horrible hours....and, found out the 'traveling nurses' they are bringing in to help are making more also.
Traveling nurses my mother knows are making $400,000 this year. My mother is a retired nurse practitioner. I didn’t ask where they were getting that money but mom said the working conditions were rough.
So these medical facilities see the cost of their mandate and move forward with it rather than repeal it. Does anyone see a problem here? Does this make sense on any level?

The Gov’t is digging their heels in on this vaccine.

Each day that goes by looks more and more like they’re pushing for a revolution.

I'm getting lots of headhunter calls and stuff through LinkedIn.

Realistically, 7-10k a week is doable with the right skillset.

You buy your own bennies, they house you.
It'll be interesting to see how many bite.
No wonder hospitals are “over run”. If a hospital is willing to pay that much it’s because they are way under staffed AND .gov/us are paying for it.

Clyde
Originally Posted by BLG
No wonder hospitals are “over run”. If a hospital is willing to pay that much it’s because they are way under staffed AND .gov/us are paying for it.

Clyde

Here the biggest hospital in Minneapolis (by licensed beds) is always "full.".

Tons of beds in ICU, the tele, and med surg are empty. But the hospital is "full" because of an acute lack of staff.
When is some enterprising hospital system gonna come along and offer a job to all those fired due to lack of vaccine?
Originally Posted by efw
When is some enterprising hospital system gonna come along and offer a job to all those fired due to lack of vaccine?

NEVER!

But, that's what private practices are for.
Maybe they can get some of them she NAPA,s with a squad of kids in free daycare, going to college for free getting a nursing degree to work their way out of welfare as a way of life.
To fill in the void......
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I'm still waiting to see if my hospital is going to accept my religious exemption.

Some of the hospitals are going to find themselves in a bad way. Fire people, then pay bonuses to replace them, then lose pissed off nurses who did what they were told and didn't get a bonus.
Originally Posted by logger
Wonder how the existing nurses feel?

It must stink

Like I felt when AT&T gave new phone customers free premium channels on DirectV

And I’d been with both of em for 20+ years

Felt totally dissed

Have Verizon now and NO DirecTV. I showed them

Hookin up Shyrell and Tomisha with free tv with they Chrimmus phones promotion.
I’ve been watching the PT openings in northern KY and Cincinnati. Lots more positions available over the last couple months. This area has a high saturation of physical therapists so there is likely to be a understaffing unless there are a good number of new grads who couldn’t previously find a job. I’ve been told of a larger rehab organization who has quite a few therapists who will walk if the mandates come down.

#letsgoBrandon
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I'm still waiting to see if my hospital is going to accept my religious exemption.

Some of the hospitals are going to find themselves in a bad way. Fire people, then pay bonuses to replace them, then lose pissed off nurses who did what they were told and didn't get a bonus.

Watch for new hires to deposit the bonus and....

be gone!!
Health care costs will suffer. The covid hysteria is a general tax on the entire economy.
When demand becomes acute standards will indirectly drop and quality will suffer.

Didn't NY say they would bring in 3rd world nurses.
Originally Posted by DMc

Watch for new hires to deposit the bonus and....

be gone!!

Bonuses usually come with a prorated payback stipulation for leaving early.

It would not surprise me if fiat currency comes to the rescue.
Nurses are terrified.(Real ones anyway.) Most of them have had covid and do not trust the vaccines. They are facing mandatory vaccination or loss of their careers. On top of that, these are the smart ones of the younger generations...they already feel like outsiders.
Let's see... This hospital, call it Hospital A, will pay a $10,000 signing bonus to hire RN's that are already vaccinated. The nurses already working at Hospital A that have worked long hours through the pandemic and got their vaccination don't get anything. So vaccinated nurses working at nearby Hospital B, quit and hire on at hospital A and collect the $10,000 bonus.

Then Hospital B gets desperate and offers the same $10,000 signing bonus to hire new vaccinated nurses. Then the pissed off nurses at Hospital A quit and hire on at Hospital B.

Same number of nurses working, just at different hospitals and with $10,000 extra cash. Most hospitals have a 401K type retirement plan, which is portable, so years of service at one place aren't that important.
No I would not take the shot for $10,000
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They are pissed, ICU gals ran short handed through the worst of covid last spring working horrible hours....and, found out the 'traveling nurses' they are bringing in to help are making more also.

Was in hospital 3 months back and half the staff were travelers. According to them traveling nurses is not new just exasperated by the pandemic. Without asking one told me she would earn over $200k this year.
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by flintlocke

Was in hospital 3 months back and half the staff were travelers. According to them traveling nurses is not new just exasperated by the pandemic. Without asking one told me she would earn over $200k this year.

That's not enough for what the good ones do.
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

Here the biggest hospital in Minneapolis (by licensed beds) is always "full.".

Tons of beds in ICU, the tele, and med surg are empty. But the hospital is "full" because of an acute lack of staff.

The ones here are full from all the Weyltbacks and Welfare Groids getting Free Medical Care.
© 24hourcampfire