Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’ve been watching the PT openings in northern KY and Cincinnati. Lots more positions available over the last couple months. This area has a high saturation of physical therapists so there is likely to be a understaffing unless there are a good number of new grads who couldn’t previously find a job. I’ve been told of a larger rehab organization who has quite a few therapists who will walk if the mandates come down.

#letsgoBrandon

Last edited by IZH27; 10/11/21.
GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I'm still waiting to see if my hospital is going to accept my religious exemption.

Some of the hospitals are going to find themselves in a bad way. Fire people, then pay bonuses to replace them, then lose pissed off nurses who did what they were told and didn't get a bonus.

Watch for new hires to deposit the bonus and....

be gone!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Health care costs will suffer. The covid hysteria is a general tax on the entire economy.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
When demand becomes acute standards will indirectly drop and quality will suffer.

Didn't NY say they would bring in 3rd world nurses.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DMc
I'm still waiting to see if my hospital is going to accept my religious exemption.

Some of the hospitals are going to find themselves in a bad way. Fire people, then pay bonuses to replace them, then lose pissed off nurses who did what they were told and didn't get a bonus.

Watch for new hires to deposit the bonus and....

be gone!!

Bonuses usually come with a prorated payback stipulation for leaving early.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

It would not surprise me if fiat currency comes to the rescue.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nurses are terrified.(Real ones anyway.) Most of them have had covid and do not trust the vaccines. They are facing mandatory vaccination or loss of their careers. On top of that, these are the smart ones of the younger generations...they already feel like outsiders.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Let's see... This hospital, call it Hospital A, will pay a $10,000 signing bonus to hire RN's that are already vaccinated. The nurses already working at Hospital A that have worked long hours through the pandemic and got their vaccination don't get anything. So vaccinated nurses working at nearby Hospital B, quit and hire on at hospital A and collect the $10,000 bonus.

Then Hospital B gets desperate and offers the same $10,000 signing bonus to hire new vaccinated nurses. Then the pissed off nurses at Hospital A quit and hire on at Hospital B.

Same number of nurses working, just at different hospitals and with $10,000 extra cash. Most hospitals have a 401K type retirement plan, which is portable, so years of service at one place aren't that important.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No I would not take the shot for $10,000

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They are pissed, ICU gals ran short handed through the worst of covid last spring working horrible hours....and, found out the 'traveling nurses' they are bringing in to help are making more also.

Was in hospital 3 months back and half the staff were travelers. According to them traveling nurses is not new just exasperated by the pandemic. Without asking one told me she would earn over $200k this year.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SAcharlie
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They are pissed, ICU gals ran short handed through the worst of covid last spring working horrible hours....and, found out the 'traveling nurses' they are bringing in to help are making more also.

Was in hospital 3 months back and half the staff were travelers. According to them traveling nurses is not new just exasperated by the pandemic. Without asking one told me she would earn over $200k this year.

That's not enough for what the good ones do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by BLG
No wonder hospitals are “over run”. If a hospital is willing to pay that much it’s because they are way under staffed AND .gov/us are paying for it.

Clyde

Here the biggest hospital in Minneapolis (by licensed beds) is always "full.".

Tons of beds in ICU, the tele, and med surg are empty. But the hospital is "full" because of an acute lack of staff.

The ones here are full from all the Weyltbacks and Welfare Groids getting Free Medical Care.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,441 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.